-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
Hi all,

While I'm glad to see that the forum now has the ability to collect our preferred pronouns, I will say I'm a tad disappointed that they don't actually show on our actual posts to let people know what to refer to us by instead of having to dig through our profile (at which point they probably already know).

I like to formally suggest that pronouns be added in a more prominent position in our profile when we actually post similar, if not the same, to the example profile I've included below.

I know that I can technically just use the space below my name to add whatever I want (including pronouns) but I do feel like I and any others who would feel more comfortable showing their pronouns should have the ability to be able to use both the free space and the pronouns space.

In addition, if this does get added, I hope that there is an option to disable its appearance as well. While I definitely would love that info shown freely, others in the community may not want it shown on their profile at all times as they are not openly out like I am. Perhaps a checkbox like with the date of birth to disable it being shown publicly? And if it's left blank, of course there would also be no need to show it.

Below is an example of another Xenforo community that has incorporated pronouns into their forum.

JeQ7wME.png

Last edited:
@bootsie Done. Didn't even need to bother Elu for this one :P

If users choose to fill out the pronouns field under Account Details, it will automatically display both within their profile and on the sidebar of their posts. If users don't want this, they can just leave the field blank.

Now that this is enabled, I've also thrown in TNP Nation and Discord ID to the mix. Brings back memories of our old forum setup.

Last edited:
I like it! :) Just as a suggestion, I think it would look better if the custom fields were located above the member group badges.

Thank you for this! I put my pronouns, I use feminine pronouns ^^

Bootsie, it looks like more games are accommodating

Back