[Inaius] The Beast Who Talks [CLOSED]

BorkWI

Am cat doing cat things. Nothing sus here.
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Waupun_Island
“Teatro de Dios*”,
Tierra’s Orbit,
November 14th, 2184.

An automatic white sliding door wooshed open as a very tired looking Vúnno stepped inside a small bedroom-sized room-pod . He took off his nametag which read “Dr. Zallos” on it, and set it on a small personal desk. He then took off his white lab coat, revealing his brown fur with white splotches on it, which was then covered by a loose-fitting black t-shirt that he picked up off the floor. He yawned and sat down at his desk, picking up a small journal he kept as part of his leisure time here at the Teatro de Dios. Today was not an eventful day like the last, so he decided to write something new that he had been thinking about.

“The ‘Teatro de Dios’ as it is called, is the Opal Union’s space hub for research and exploration of the stars. Of course, the actual exploration is nothing more than unmanned probes and other instruments being shot into the cosmos, but it is still valuable information. Who truly knows what is out there in the vastness of the universe? There could be other life in which to ally, or a new extremely valuable ore in which to mine for funding for the war. All that we do know, however, is that we are the only ones out of the three alliances that are actively pursuing the stars as an active point of research. I think that the other two alliances don’t think of space as a valuable point of research. Shame on them, I say! There are so many reasons to pursue space exploration apart from the fact that it’s really flipping cool! But now I’m just rambling, so I guess I’ll end this entry here for now.

GLORY TO THE UNION, AND MAY HER ENEMIES FOREVER FALTER!!!”

Satisfied with his writings, he closed his journal and set it back down on the desk. He then stood up, and shuffled over to his bed, where he got settled in for the night. He reached over to his bedside table and turned off the lights to his room-pod via a remote, and started to doze off. Just then, a loud banging was heard at his door and the lights to his room illuminated. He quickly sat up, startled by this ordeal.

“Dr. Zallos! Dr. Zallos?!” a fellow Vúnno scientist shouted loud enough to where he could hear the alarm in his voice.

“H-Hold on! I’ll be right there!” the doctor shouted back as he stood from his bed. He then walked over to the door, and it wooshed open once more. The scientist shoved a bunch of papers in the doctor’s face and said, “Look at these numbers, Chief! The readings of this thing are off the charts!”

“Wha-What is this?” he responded, astounded by the data displayed on the papers he’s been handed.

“W-We don’t know, Chief. It appeared just after you left, and we thought it was just an asteroid or something that had been ejected from the rings of Planet VII. But no, this thing is transmitting data somewhere much faster than what our current technology allows!”

“Holy shit. Give me a few minutes to get back to the deck, tell the others to focus on that unknown object. Try to track its data, see where it is going!”

“Yes, doctor!” the scientist said as he turned around and ran towards the main deck of the station. The doctor set the papers down on his desk as he threw on his lab coat and nametag. He then grabbed the papers again, and headed in the direction of the main deck.

“Today is going to be an eventful day after all,” he thought to himself.

OOC Notes:
*Teatro de Dios means “God’s Playhouse”. This is the name given to the massive Opal Union Space Station that orbit’s Tierra, similar to the ISS in our own timeline.

Hello everyone, and thanks for reading! This is the first post of a new series that will be about the first contact between the Ottans and the Sekari, and the effects it rippled throughout the planet of Tierra.

10 years later…

Imperial exploratory cruiser “Khewan”

Jual System, Deep Space North

Captain Alchiraj Arshassius’ eyes skimmed through the data being fed to him by the data pads. The Khewan had just shocked into the system and everything looked smooth. Shockpoint travel had a dangerous potential for transit anomalies that could throw a ship off course, spit it out in a million pieces, or get lost in shockspace for good. He let out a sigh of relief, thinking about these possibilities and how they hadn’t come to pass. Thank God; he was lucky.

An observation probe was detached to this system ten years ago to study a primitive world. The probe was nearing the end of its lifespan and so the Empire had dispatched Alchiraj and the Khewan to initiate first contact. The ship had just de-shocked over the primitives’ home planet. Scanners showed a primitive observatory stationed in the planet’s orbit.

Beeping consoles caught Alchiraj's attention. The comms officer whirled about in his seat to address the noise.

“Captain, the primitive station is hailing us."

"Put it through," Alchiraj strode over.

“Hello, this is Chief Admiral Scientist Dr. Zallos. I request that your unidentified vessel identify itself, and state your reason for entering the Opal Union’s galactic territory.”

The hail that came in was of a remarkably humanoid language. “Patch me through and activate the observation probe’s translation filters.”

“Hello, natives of this world. We are the Abadi and we come in peace. We are a ship of explorers from the most sublime Eternal Empire and come on behalf of His Majesty, the Padishah Emperor Aumunesh I; Shahanshah, King of Kings, Sovereign of the Stars. We hope for peaceful coexistence with your people and would like to meet in person.”

Incoming radio traffic was dead for a moment, possibly to confirm that this was not a prank.

“I apologize, but I have never heard of the ‘Abadi’. But judging from your tone of voice, I’m assuming you have the means to back up the claims of your nation. Our cargo dock nearest our planet will be cleared in thirty minutes time for your arrival, and has room for small passenger or cargo vessels.” Dr. Zallos responded, with a slight touch of confidence.

“Thank you, we’ll be aboard shortly.” The link was cut. Alchiraj moved towards the bridge’s exit. He needed to get ready.

The ship halted just outside the primitives’ orbital station. Alchiraj, a translator, and a team of three soldiers stepped aboard the small shuttle. The five took their seats and pulled the guards down over their chests. Pilots reported in, all systems green. The shuttle fired up its thrusters and lifted off from the ship, soaring out of the hangar bay.

The small, curved, golden craft reduced its speed and pulled into the smaller primitive hangar bay. Thrusters were cut and the landing gear deployed. The shuttle settled down and Alchiraj lifted the guards off of himself. His face and the faces of his fellows were covered by the EVA suits; they anticipated a hostile atmosphere. A small crowd of primitives had assembled before the shuttle, watching it with awe. He could see it in their eyes that they now knew Alchiraj and his crew were not of this world.

Alchiraj stood before the station’s crew of scientists. He held up his hand and spoke his own language, which his translator repeated in their language.

“Greetings, I am Captain Alchiraj Arshassius of the Khewan imperial exploratory cruiser. I come in peace.”

Back