[Inaius] The Shining days of a new age

Tardine

Registered
TNP Nation
Tardine
Discord
Exotic Butters#1535
Janohakia, capital planet of the Kuvorian Republic.
20 of January - Year 43 After the Divide (Standard Galactic Time)
Administrative District of Varopia.

The floating city of Varopia, administrative center of Kuvoria, was seeing the sunrise when the explosions began to be heard. A terrorist attack from the Tevoraki* - native species of Janohakia - was being planned for years by now. Even with the better treatment they gave to the aliens, compared with other human colonizers, prejudice and segregation were still common and this made them unhappy with the settlers. After all, the Tevoraki were one of the most advanced species of Inaius and had already conquered dozens of stars systems when the humans arrived.

Fortunately, the bombs weren't enough to destroy the propulsion systems nor the dome of Varopia. Their objective wasn't this, however. President Eira Larosi Smif was immediately called by Marshal Yuko Valorass to solve the crisis. Apparently the rebels sized control of some areas of the city and would only surrender if she came down and talked to them:

- Your Excellency, it's clearly a trap! - said Yuko angrily on a secure line of hypervison, the stellar videoconference apparatus - They will shatter your onto pieces if you go there.
- Yuko, er... I mean, Marshal Valorass, what can I do? - she was speaking so calmly that even Yuko got quiet - If I don't go there, they will kill hundreds of thousands of people... May even destroy this city, the foundation of the Republic!
- I, hum... I understand. - he was almost as calm as her now - I don't want to lose you... Our people needs you!
- It's fine, Yuko. We do whatever we need to in order to protect each other - she smiles sadly - If my destiny is to die for the Kuvorians, then I shall do it.
- What about your son? - weren't she the President and him a Marshal, they'd be already crying - He needs you too! You can't go to a suicidal mission and left him alone.
- He has you... You're like a father to him. - she gets ready to leave - Besides that, the lives of millions are worthier than my own. Farewell, Yuko. I really hope he get to see each other again.
- Farewell, Eira... I will miss you.

The president left the videoconference and went to talk to her son, Irvus. She explained the reasons why she had to leave and would probably die. He did not received that well. After all, he is 14 and doesn't understand why his mother can die because of some stupid aliens.

- Why we do have to live with them if they hate us that much? - he asks his mother seriously - Why can't we just destroy them all?
- What? Destroy them? - she is utterly shocked by her son's remark - Who do you think we are? Nova Terrans**?
- No, it's not that I want them to die... - he tries to think of an excuse - I just don't want you to risk your life because stupid aliens are trying to undermine our glorious Republic.
- Even if they were that stupid, they are alive too... - she sighs - Listen, it's my duty to reason with all Kuvorians' citizens, be they human, alien or animal.
- Damn, I really hate the fact that you're president! - he complains once more - I will never be a »politician like you, or my grandma.
- You don't need to, if you really don't want. - he hughs her and she begins caressing his hair - I love you, no matter what you decide to do, be a politician or not.
- Thanks, mom. Love you too.

Shortly after she left, Irvus fell on tears as he knew what was going to happen. Still, he had some sparks of hope deep inside of his heart. Hope that on the next morning she would come to his bedroom and tell him: "Say welcome to a new day, dear" as she always did. However, what we hope doesn't always come true. It was a trap, after all. In the moment she got outside of the presidential vehicle, they shot at her and she immediately died. Then, in all news articles was her holo-photo and the headlines were stamped with: "President Eria Larosi Smif is brutally killed by ultra-nationalists Tevorakian terrorist group".

The Kuvorian Republic was on a great crisis now. And no one had any idea of the impending obscure outcome.

OOC: Hello folks, that's me, Tardine, and here's my first post to the thread "The Shining days of a new age". The Kuvorian Republic, while being mostly complacent to the aliens behavior, now faces the consequences of a non-pacific colonization process. How will they overcome this crisis? And why these are called the shining days? It shall be uncovered on the next posts. That's it for now, but here are a few things that could've been a bit confusing, so here's the explanations.

* The Tevorakians were the native species of Janohakia and were already an established spacial species when the humans arrived. The Kuvorians were still part of the Nova Terran Republic and their treatment towards the Tevoraki reflected this. Hence their hatred towards the humans.
** Nova Terrans are well know by their xenophobic treatment towards aliens and their orbital zoos. Besides that, the Kuvorians and Nova Terrans disliked each other ever since the Divide, which was caused by religious/political disagreements.
» The Smif family was politically active even before the Divide and maintened their status as good politicians afterwards. By the Kuvorian law, the president stays in charge until their death. That means in this crisis time, a new president shall be chosen by the Parliament to rule Kuvoria until they get past it. Probably the chosen one will be Irvus, despite his lack of political habilities and his distaste for the politician's life.

Last edited:
Janohakia, capital planet of the Kuvorian Republic.
22 of January - Year 43 A.D (2934 CE)
Administrative District of Varopia.

"After much deliberation, we have decided that Mister Irvus Larosi Smif shall be chosen as acting President until this crisis is settled.", said the Prime Minister Brantur Wilkavit. "Of course, the kid will have no real power over the Republic. His role shall be only a way to make people remember that those schummies aliens killed not only their President, but also a mother".

All the Parliament member shoutout in approval of this decision, as they wanted Irvus to become a symbol of the aliens' cruelty. How could they kill a mom? Weren't they always saying that the humans don't care enough about each other? Seeing this opportunity, they sent guards to take him from his home. However, as soon as he had heard the news, he ran away from home. Irvus could not even think of a single day where his mom had time for him, and that was all because of some stupid politics. Those damn aliens had murdered his mother and if he became the President, they would take him out as well. So he ran away from whoever tried to talk to him, to send their condolences, he just wanted to flee away from everyone. Perhaps, if he was lucky enough, he could flee away from Janohakia as well. Hide in another smaller planet, where no one would bother looking for him.

While on the run, Irvus bumped into a tall girl. Well, technically it was she who bumped into him, as she was so tall she didn't see him until he was on the ground. "I'm so sorry, lil guy. I didn't want to bump into you...", said her while helping him get into his feet. "Are you lost or something? Why were you running?", seeing the scared look on his face she said: "Well, it seems like I am talking a lot. Didn't mean to scare you, though. My name is Laire, by the way. I know it's a silly name and stuff, but don't blame me, blame my- Oh no, I did it again, didn't I?", once again Irvus just stared at her blankly. He just stood there for a while recollecting himself from the what he was seeing. She was a Tevoraki, after all. Not a big one, tough, as it seemed that perhaps she was a teenager just like him. This didn't change the fact that she was from the same species that cruelly murdered his mom.

"Stay away from me, you freaking bitch!", said him hastily while retreating from her. He tried to run away but the sounds of approaching police sirens made him stop dead on his tracks. "Damn, how am I going to escape now?", said him without realizing that Laire was right beside him and still listening. "So, you running from police, ya say? I might be of help..." he stared at her, then looked between the narrow street where they were and the other street were the police would enter soon. "Fine. You may help me if you want.", Irvus said just as the police patrols entered the street. "Now hurry up, please! They are going to take me if you don't do anything."

She took his hand and began to run in the opposite direction of the buzzing police cars while searching for a hidden spot to hide him. They both crawl inside a hydrotube and stay there until the sirens are out of earshot. "Guess this place ain't half bad, is it?", she said to the trembling kid, as he was soaked in cold water. "I'm sorry, but there wasn't a better place to hide so quickly nearby." An uncomfortable silence sets in until when Laire left the hydrotube and went to see if there was any other enemy lurking by. "Thanks... I'm sorry that I was so rude at first.", Irvus said while crawling back to the outside. "No problem kiddo. You seemed like you needed help. So, do you wanna come with me?", she extends her resemblance of hand towards him and he answers her gesture.

They walked in silence a for a while, until they got into her "home" in the city's slums. Well, home wouldn't be exactly what Irvus'd call this place, though he wasn't in condition to be complaining. At least the place was warm enough for his clothes dry off and there was plenty of water to drink. "Better than hiding on the streets", thought him. She advised him that, if he wanted to escape from the police for good, he should go down. Way down there, below the floating city of Varopia, where the Guetta was located. In a way to not become the symbol of the aliens' misdeeds, he should hide among them. It sure was the start of an adventure for him. A new age was about to be born and he was eager to see it.​

Last edited:
Janohakia, Kuvorian Republic.
January 22, 2934
The Floating City of Varopia

"You shouldn't have brought him here, Laire." An older Tevoraki, presumably a male, said worried at the sight of Irvus. "He's the President's kid. If you thought we didn't have enough problems with the law-"

"Father." She looked pleadingly to the old Tevoraki after interrupting his talk. Irvus wondered how old the alien was. Well, technically he was the alien, as Janohakia is theirs homeworld. "I know you don't want to have any problems with the Government. However, if we let him be, they will force him to be the President."

"If that's what the government wants him to do, then let him go." The Tevoraki was resolute and unwilling to change his mind. He was now practically dragging the boy away from the house. "The more time he spends here, the more risky it becomes for us. You are putting your entire family in danger. How shameful your actions are."

"Daddy, we've got to help him." He raised his brow at her, or at least it seemed so to Irvus. "How many times have you told me that we should help everyone that asks us?" The man thought for a while but didn't say anything. "Are you going to betray your ideals because he's the son of the dead President?" The boy gave Laire a heartbroken stare, until she apologized. "Sorry, Irvus, but that's the truth. Nothing I say can change the fact that she's dead..."

"You know what?" He finally spoke as, despite being terrified of Laire's dad, Irvus was tired of this situation. "If you can't help me, I'll just go away. I'm not here because I want to anyway. And definitely I'm not gonna hear you talk about my freaking mother as if her death doesn't matters or as if I'm not hurt because of that." Laire opened her mouth to speak, but her dad silenced her with a gesture. "Son, I understand your pain. When my mother was killed by you kin I..." His thoughts trail off for a bit.

The room fell silent as no one dared to speak for a while. There was too much pain buried on their hearts, suffocating both. After a while, the old Tevoraki spoke once again. "What I mean to say is that I get it. I know how much you're hurting because I've felt this same pain ever since my mother was brutally murdered by your ancestors, the Nova Terrans*. Many things have changed ever since the Smifian Revolution**, 43 years ago, I know. However, nothing that your so-called Presidents do can bring the dead back. Our beloved ones, our families, our land. My mother."

Once again, silence filled the room. Irvus was frozen in place, not sure what to say to this guy. The Tevoraki was just as hurt as himself, and probably had to deal with this pain for longer than he could ever imagine. Perhaps this wasn't were he should be. So he ran to the door, until the male shout out to him and said: "Wait a second." Irvus stopped almost immediately and turned back expectantly to the other. "You are allowed to stay, but only for a while." Laire screeched happily, at which her father gave her a cold stare. "My daughter, please don't embarrass myself anymore. I've already granted your request."

"Dad, you don't know how happy you make me!" She was smiling so much, Irvus thought that she maybe was crazy. A good kind of crazy though. Her father finally said his name, Briskham Armagui. When Irvus asked if they would stay at that small house, Briskham laughed for a whole minute at him. "You didn't think this shitty place was my house, did you?"

For some strange reason, it was the fact that this wasn't their house that scared him the most. With what kind of Tevoraki was he dealing with? Was it some kind of trap? Unfortunately to him, it was too late for these thoughts, as they were already walking the streets that led to Gravitonna***, the suborbital elevator. And there was only one place down there, one which he'd always feared to go. Now, this place was his only hope. Tonight he would go to the Guetta, or the Lands Below.​

*Nova Terrans: the former colonizers of the Tevorakian lands, and the ones who destroyed the Tevoraki Empire, as long as more than half of their entire species, are hated by them until nowadays, long after the independence movement. 43 years weren't enough to let the old sins be forget and the Kuvorian humans were still blamed for what the NTerrans did.

**Smifian Revolution: Nina Smif, Irvus grandma, was the responsible for the Kuvorian independence movement and was the first president of the newly formed Republic. The revolution was based on religious and political disagreements, specially the xenophobic NTerran politics regarding the Tevoraki.

***Gravitonna: just as all of the Kuvorian machines are based off Archon technology, the Gravitonna is a suborbital elevator that uses, obviously, gravity. While the Tevoraki themselves were never able to build anything like the Starbridges, 70 thousand years of reversed engineering the Archon technology had lead them to evolve in ways that even the Archons couldn't imagine. The use of antigravitational technology and the mastering of quantum energy has made them be able of unimaginable feats. FTL travel using gravity, quantum communication, suborbital gravitational elevators, floating cities.... If there's any kind of species that would be able to fight in pair with the Frondauri against the Faceless, those are the Tevoraki.

Guetta/Lands Below: how the Kuvorian humans call the native Tevoraki cities, below the floating city of Varopia. It's, obviously, a heavily offensive term and the Tevoraki'd rather hear you call it "The Old World".

Last edited:
Back