RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
eoJaCFpLwgebkBaFKDqMYnFu73noAg809XSMcsns4lL2ccjS24BFYkJ9jCnymCoFlrkDdyjI_l60gQvh49nweMXX0w1n8Rn6L5Np7YBHbtcSbAZXNTIxauHQsWcutdB30r0NEFPH

Opening Statement January 2022

I started my last opening address with a quote - “The people have spoken and they have been heard” - and it’s with the people that I begin this second address. I am deeply, deeply gratified to have again been chosen to lead this most remarkable of regions, and that is all down to the people who make up the citizenry.

Over the course of this term, we will be doing more than ever to ensure that the faith the citizens of The North Pacific have placed in me is repaid, and that starts with a major legislative push. We want to reform the citizenship applications process to address what will become a larger and larger issue going forward - those who wish to become citizens of The North Pacific, but lack the residential IP connection that’s required to pass the Admin Check. Working with The North Pacific’s Admin team and the wider citizenry, I hope to present a legislative solution soon.

I wish also to extend my congratulations to Sir Kasto for winning re-election to the Vice Delegacy, and Fregerson for winning re-election as Speaker of the Regional Assembly. I also express my commiserations to those who ran in all the election races but did not win. You do yourselves and your region credit by taking the leap that is choosing to run in an election. For that I thank you.

As I write this I’m looking at my nation in-game and I can see how close it is to breaking the thousand endo barrier, and comparing that to the over-long transition from my first term is wonderful to see. Over the course of this term, my goal is to push past that barrier and ensure also that the Vice Delegate and all Security Councillors are safely ahead of the rest of the region, and that we’re proactive about doing so. I expect to work closely with them on this.

I made a short Cabinent Announcement previously and noted that my pick for Culture Minister would come in this address. That was because the intensive interview process we were undertaking was still ongoing, and I thank all those who reached out to me on this. I have made my decision and you can find out below, along with a more detailed look at who makes up my cabinet, and why:
  • Minister of Foreign Affairs: Praetor (Praeceps), a veteran of The North Pacific’s foreign affairs ministry, Praetor is back in the seat again this term, and is ready to continue the work we did last term, whilst ensuring that foreign updates are once again being produced by the Ministry.
  • Minister of World Assembly Affairs: Hulldom (Hulldom) Perhaps better known inside The North Pacific as Boston Castle, I’m excited to re-appoint Hulldom as Minister of World Assembly Affairs, after a very successful term last time out. This term, Hulldom will be ensuring the WA Symposium is a success, and that they continue the reform and improvement of our internal WA systems.
  • Minister of Home Affairs: Skaraborg (The Democratic Kingdom of Skaraborg), another returning Minister, Skaraborg’s term at Home Affairs was successful, with a number of lists done and our outreach to new members continuing. This term will see more of the same and the continuing of our long running and successful programs, along with a review of our template telegrams to identify areas that need overhauling or improving.
  • Minister of Defence: Koopa (Palutenia) Koopa returns as Minister of Defence as the North Pacific Army sets off in a new direction, as we re-engage with allies and friends on a side of military gameplay that we have often opposed over the years. I have the fullest confidence they will continue the fine work they did to grow the NPA over the last term.
  • Minister of Media: Bootsie (Guslantis) Originally tapped to be just Minister of Radio, Bootsie agreed to take on the full brief of this new Ministry, and I have the fullest confidence that the Ministry of Media will be a resounding success going forward.
  • Minister of Cards: DGES (Destructive Government Endorsing System) I said in my last opening address that Cards needed a big term and boy did we get one. Our Card lottery was reformed to be more sustainable, our card rewards came back into place, we got Card Pull events up and running again and we celebrated the two year anniversary of the Cards Guild. DGES is a titan in this area of NationStates and I’m so very grateful that they’re back for another term.
  • Minister of Culture: Katuda (Katuda) I’ll admit, I wasn’t expecting to be looking for a new Minister of Culture, but I’m very happy to announce that the intensive interview process we underwent to find one not only gave me a capable and talented new Minister, but also a number of very intriguing alternative choices. Katuda was an enthusiastic staffer at the start of the last term and they will be an extremely effective minister.
  • Lead Gameside Advocate: Sir Kasto (Kastonvia) As well as being Vice Delegate, last term Kasto led our team of Gameside Advocates in ensuring The North Pacific’s RMB is a welcoming and fun place to be. He’ll continue on in this role as we look to review our RMB posting rules to ensure they’re fit for the future.
  • Advisor to the Delegate: Pallaith (Pallaith), TlomzKrano (Kranostav) Joining Pallaith, who has been vital in the success of my tenure as delegate, is former delegate and Foreign Minister TlomzKrano, who will provide advice and input on issues and policies throughout the term.
It is, I think, an excellent team and will allow me to put into place my legislative and policy agenda and will help take The North Pacific to new levels of activity and prosperity, as we re-engage with allies, make new friends and approach both external and internal affairs in an effective, professional manner.

We’ve got big things planned, and I’m excited. It’s time to go to work.

Back