Hulldom
Discord
seathestarlesssky
sc.jpg

Commend Sacara
Category: Commendation | Target: Sacara
Proposed by: Tinhampton | Onsite Topic

THE SECURITY COUNCIL:

REITERATING the important role that campaigners from many nations serve in alerting world leaders to major issues of international importance, often multiple times a day,

NOTING that, as of early December 2021, activists from The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara have gone to infinity and beyond to provide potential answers for fifteen different issues regarding matters as diverse as:
  • opportunities to reform and relax parental licensing standards (known to leaders as "Mother Knows Best?");
  • potential consequences for past use of language now widely seen as offensive, whether by currently prominent politicians ("Skeletons in the Closet") or in contemporary pop culture ("With Friends Like These...");
  • the legitimacy of allowing children to donate money to politicians, never mind to actually cast votes for them ("A Minor Political Problem");
  • to what extent the obligation of police forces to apprehend suspected criminals should restrict the right of religions to hold services without undue interference ("Livin' on a Prayer"); and
  • whether or not to make minimum age recommendations for watching disturbing films mandatory ("Curtains for the Horrorshow");
THANKFUL for the work of many Sacarians in helping those from abroad who seek to raise other issues with world leaders with framing the demands and proposed courses of action that they wish to raise in a manner befitting of their international significance;

FURTHER INSPIRED by the Sacarian government's maintenance of Sacara's Issues Hub, a novel tool through which leaders can view highly-condensed summaries of every issue that they could face and vote on what their "favourite" issues are;

OBSERVING that Sacara's finest literary critics have successfully organised two Horror Short Story Contests (in 2018 and 2021), which have attracted entries from storytellers in nations such as Valentine Z, Infected Mushroom, Main Nation Ministry and World Machine (known to the World Census as Shwe Tu Colony) - each of which has a strong tradition of creative writing in their own right; and

BELIEVING that any nation that has done so much to enhance the knowledge and wisdom of so many leaders on so many occasions as has Sacara deserves recognition:

HEREBY COMMENDS The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent
"Commend Sacara" has failed 5,346 votes (36.9%) to 9,142 (63.1%).

Last edited:
IFV

Overview
This proposal seeks to commend Sacara for their authorship of numerous issues, creation of the "Issues Hub", and hosting of several editions of the Horror Short Story Contest.

Recommendation
To be clear upfront, the following recommendation is not an indictment of Sacara. We believe that Sacara has an impressive resume and body of work--a body of work that merits commendation. However, we do not believe that the author made the case for their commendation well. While we are not privy to all the details of Sacara's career, we are sure that the author could have come up with more to establish the nominee's commend-worthiness. Given especially that this is not a case where the nominee is on the verge of being lost to time and thus not commendable because they no longer exist, we cannot recommend anything other than a vote Against. We hope the author will take the time to further elaborate on the nominee's accomplishments if they wish to pass this in the future.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against the Security Council Resolution at vote, "Commend Sacara".

Our Voting Recommendation Dispatch--Please Upvote!

Last edited:
This was a bit rushed for my taste and isn't as detailed as it probably could have been. Against [non-WA].

Sacara is definitely well on the way to getting commended but this ain't it.

Against.

This was a bit rushed for my taste and isn't as detailed as it probably could have been.
  1. Why - given that I drafted this for two weeks, during which it increased in size threefold, and took feedback onboard during the drafting process?
  2. And again, why - given that TNP threw its weight behind Commend Candensia (an extremely deserving nominee), which was literally just "this guy wrote a lot of issues, helped out on two SC resolutions and did a lot of things in a Kuriko-founded RP region," last year?
I'd note that you said last week that "I know next-to-nothing about Sacara or their work, and quite frankly it doesn't matter. If they've done the work to merit a commend, and haven't been heinous OOC-ly, they deserve to be commended."

Sacara is definitely well on the way to getting commended but this ain't it.
Why not? :P

Last edited:
  1. Why - given that I drafted this for two weeks, during which it increased in size threefold, and took feedback onboard during the drafting process?
  2. And again, why - given that TNP threw its weight behind Commend Candensia (an extremely deserving nominee), which was literally just "this guy wrote a lot of issues, helped out on two SC resolutions and did a lot of things in a Kuriko-founded RP region," last year?
I'd note that you said last week that "I know next-to-nothing about Sacara or their work, and quite frankly it doesn't matter. If they've done the work to merit a commend, and haven't been heinous OOC-ly, they deserve to be commended."

Why not? :P
I'm pointing this out in the IFV we've written that this doesn't do them justice. That doesn't mean that the player doesn't deserve it (on the contrary, I'm still of the opinion they are and again see our forthcoming IFV).

As for the Candensia thing, I, nor any of the other members of this Ministry's leadership, were around at the time it was debated or passed.

It's too short. I look at it and my initial reaction is "oh why's that been submitted it's not finished." It's a stylistic thing.

I'm a great roleplayer. I'm a passable worldbuilder. In both those areas, you get by with fluff. The same is true in WA resolutions. I want fluff. Gimme some fluff. Where is the fluff?

WHERE'S THE FLUFF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back