Tardine

Registered
TNP Nation
Tardine
Discord
Exotic Butters#1535
y7Tm7RO.png

Colonial Flag of Tardine (1418-1813)
OOC: Kardenccia II Berduk Kladerai, also know as "Kardenccia, the Crazy", was born on March 3rd, 1789 in Olmongeter. The country was going through turbulent times, after the death of Hermani II Erialdaka alf Kladerai (the Erialdaka family have a great importance on this history), also know as "Hermani, the Great", on 1756 by the hands of the Esthursian in their colony of Kordatregne (where nowadays is Cordane). The colonial age of Tardine was nearing its end and the following rulers were unsuccessful on their attempts of external domination. Kleonis II was exploded on another colony, and Zaldjin Loka, his sucessor was killed by his own sister, Torian Loka, Kardenccia II's mom.

Seeing this as a perfect opportunity to seize the power, Hermani Narissei Erialdaka, Hermani II's grandson and King of Mardokash (nowadays a Tardineanni semi-autonomous province, Republic of Mardokash), killed Torian in 1789. When Kardenccia was 2 days old, her family was brutally murdered by him, who seized the power. When she was 15 and got back from exile trying to reconquer the throne, he forced her to marry his son, Daniloss, who was 17 years older than her. They had a child, Ektor Roderich and, shortly after Hermani III's death, she killed her husband and took back her crown. Feeling menaced by her son's existence (who was a Erialdaka before being a Kladerai) with the aid of her beloved, Erminei, Kardenccia II sent the boy away to Esthursia, when he was only 8 years old. It was believed that he died in a shipwreck, but the woman who took him disembarked in Cordane, before the ship actually wrecked.

The aristocracy, seeing this turn of events, and wanting more power than they could hold on their hands, attempted (and were successful for awhile) to create the Republic of Tardine by forcing her to resign, which leads to the beginning of this history.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Nev
April 15, 1813
Roialek Palasse alf Tardine (Royal Palace of Tardine)
Olmongeter, Tardine

9nBm96F.jpg

It was a calm and sunny spring afternoon on the city of Olmongeter, where it was located the center of the Tardineanni government, one of the two capitals. None of the city's inhabitants had any idea that their Empress was under yet another coup. The aristocracy had tried to seize the power before, when they supported Hermani III. Unfortunately, for them, he simply maintained the status quo of the nobility. Kardenccia's new lover, Erminei, was a rich aristocrat. He knew of the plans of his fellow aristocrats of destroying the nobility. However, he devised a plan to save her, where she would be declared crazy and sent away to a sanatorium where she would be safe.

- You know that I'm not crazy, right? - whispered a woman in a hurried tone - Right, my love?
- Of course, Kar, but we need to make them believe it. - with these words she calmed down - I've even heard of creating a Republic! Can you believe it? I will do my best to save us from this mess.
- I know, my dear, and please know that I love you more than my life! - with a kiss on her husband's mouth, she was going to leave the room when the rebel aristocrats entered and said:

"We, the representatives of the Tardineanni people, shall declare from this moment the Republic of Tardine. Surrender yourself, Kardenccia Berduk, and be spared from the accusations of high treason, mutiny and murder. Shall you choose to not surrender, the capital penalty will be applied to you."

To this declaration she didn't gave them a response, instead she started licking her own feet and mimicking dog noises to the utter confusion of the people in the room. "It's working, these dumbasses are believing on it", thought Erminei right before declaring her crazy and insisting on sending her away a sanatorium. The aristocrats dragged her by the streets and sent her to a sanatorium on Zenulvia. Erminei was chosen as Regnant/Prime Minister by the clueless rebels before elections could be held, since they thought he was helping them. The so desired (by the rich folks) republic was finally installed on Tardine.​

Last edited:
March 16, 1789
Roialek Palasse alf Tardine (Royal Palace of Tardine)
Olmongeter, Tardine

ONcArlM.png

"The invaders are here!", screamed a soldier while Torian, the empress, and Gaheel, her husband, were chatting happily. 'BANG', a loud shout cries now on the once quiet palace aisles. Desperate screams are shut for ever after successive 'BANG's. People started to run in a failed attempt to save their lives from the impending horror. Panic could be heard and seen until the doors of the throne room bursted open to reveal who was the attacker:

- Oh, is it you Hermani? - said the Empress in an uninterested tone - I thought I had already exiled you, didn't I? You should get back to that shitty kingdom of yours, cousin.
- I think you're being too arrogant towards your new emperor. - at this remark Torian started to laugh for what seemed to be an eternity - Do you think I am joking?
- I don't know how you got past the Roialek Guardiannen, but you've got some guts to show up at my palace and declare yourself the new emperor. - she looked at the small metallic tube device on his hands for a while - What's this shit you're carrying on?
- Now it's time to show you what my little new toy here does. - he pointed the object to a nearby soldier and said before shooting him - You'll die to show your empress what is the power of Hermani's army.
- What is this? By thas Fretcher* itself! - she screamed at the dead man's sight, head completely blown by the shot - Thatis zar das zakkuruer**!
- Now you see it, cousin? Way better than the old Vivanquian trabukos, ain't it? These ones are way smaller. - he laughed maniacally - I am the new emperor, and there's nothing you can do against it! Surrender and I will think about letting you alive to be my new spouse.
- I will never surrender myself to someone as disgusting as you. - he smirked at her and said:
- Then your death shall be slow and painful. - she looked at him in utter terror - Someone bring me the ceremonial sword.

An old servant rushed to bring Hermani the sword, fearing for his own life. When Hermani took the sword, Torian knew that her life was going to meet its end. However, she was resolute, knowing that her husband would take care of the little Kardenccia. She had ordered him to flee away when the first shouts were heard. "This isn't the end.", she thought while closing her eyes to embrace death. "May the Watcher help us all on these somber times. I will always love you, my daughter!", was the last thought that crossed her mind while her life was being drained away by the cold sword. Now the Years of Terror» had begun by the hands of Hermani III, the Slayer.

April 16, 1813
A road leading to Zenulvia»», home of the Roialek Senaturian
Somewhere between Olmongeter and Zenulvia, Tardine

Kardenccia was trailing on her own thoughts, remembering the stories her father told her about her mother: "She was a strong willed woman, exactly as you are. She never accepted defeat, and that was what made her die. Be not like her, my daughter. Sometimes we need to accept defeat and embrace our own ignorance." She was trying so hard to do that, but it wasn't easy to be apart from everyone she loved and live as a crazy person. Zenulvia wasn't a bad place. Hells, she even had a summerhouse there. This time, though, she was going there all alone, with a bunch of Republican soldiers.

- Don't look at me, look at me, I'm flying to the sky, I'm drowning in tartar. - she started to sing random words so that the soldiers won't disturb her. She also wanted to annoy them - Wait, what's my name? Who am I? Help, HELP! Someone tell me my name!
- Shut you damn mouth, you freak! - the youngest soldier was the first to lose his nerve - If you don't, I will kill you right here, with my gun.
- Gan? What's this? A new side dish? - the others started to laugh while she imperceptibly rolled her eyes - I want to eat gan! Someone give me a gan, please.

With that, the soldiers left her alone, and she was able to finish her thoughts: "These are going to be rough times, but I need to bear it until Erminei kills them all.", she smiled at the thought of killing each of these traitors until started to sleep calmly. Were she lucky enough, this Republic shit would not last for long and the throne would be hers again soon enough. One thing she knew for sure: the old Colonial days were long gone now.

* das (thas) Fretcher - know as the Watcher, he is the deity of the Strefandor belief. He watches and intervenes when peoples life's don't go according to the Sacred Path, meaning that they don't follow their destiny.
** Datis zar das zakkuruer! - "This is the death bringer!" Zakkuruer, or death bringer, was the name given to the first hand guns that appeared on Tardine. They were used to the old Vivanquian trebuchets and rifles, much bigger than these ones and less effective.
» Years of terror - the government of Hermani III was know later as Years of Terror, referring to the great persecution and hostility that he perpetuated. The aristocrats initially supported him, thinking he would do some concessions to them. He never did and, in fact, ordered the murder of anyone who dared oppose him.
»» Zenulvia - the highest city of Tardine and nowadays the most populous city in the northern mainland Tardine region.

Last edited:
Roialek Senaturian, Zenulvia
Tardine
July 17th, 1813

Kardenccia was seriously in fear that she would lose her sanity. They didn't beat her up yet, however, they were treating her poorly. "Those damn peasants. How dare they mistreat someone who could easily kill them all?" She thought to herself while in her room, looking at the sunset. "I should kill them tonight and take back my throne tomorrow. If only that moron of a husband I have were here." She was getting desperate, specially since she did not receive a single letter from Erminei, who was now their Prime Minister. Could it be that he betrayed her and the plan was actually fake? No, she shouldn't be thinking ill of the only man in the world who actually understand her. The door opens with a bang and a physician (who was actually a guard, from the looks of it) enters in.

"Get up and stand next to the wall." The man, young with fair constitution said with clear animosity.

"Y tu qué quieres cabrón?" She said in Vivanco-Trevisan purposefully, to annoy him. "Yo soy una mujer muy ocupada, no vés tu que estoy cuidando de mi reino?"[1]

"Ugh, the annoying bitch has now forgotten how to speak in Tardineanni." He stepped closer to her, not noticing her clear hatred. "Now listen here you little crazy bitch I will-"

"You will do nothing, stupid moron." She cuts him mid sentence while reaching for a sharpened piece of wood she had with her. While he looked puzzled at her, he was in fact slightly surprised at her sudden change of tone. "You should have paid more attention to what you were doing", said her before sticking the piece up, effectively perforating his throat.[2]

While he was collapsing on the floor, bleeding out with a suppressed scream, Kardenccia started to run. She knew where each corridor would lead to, as she had memorized the way previously. She saw some staff and hid in a cabinet, where she knew the employees' clothes where and stole a maid's broom. Kardenccia managed to leave the facility, but it was snowing outside. She ran into the woods before finally reaching the muddy road, in hopes that a carriage would appear and someone, perhaps, could take her to Olmongeter.

However, the weather worsened and her light clothing wasn't suited for the cold. She was half shivering, half running until she finally collapsed near the woods. Fortunately, and elder woman was passing by and quickly called her husband to aid. They both took Kardenccia with them and let her rest at home.​

3 days later
In a small house near the woods
Zenulvia?, Tardine

Kardenccia woke up in a strange room, one that she didn't recognize. Did the damn guards found her and took her back to the sanatorium? She dismissed the thought as she remembered running at least a kilometer before losing consciousness. As she tried to sit, an elderly woman voice called out to her.

"Please do not strain yourself." A confused look crossed Kardenccia's face. She had never seen that woman before. Her skinny, yet small body, with a long, grayish wavy hair and her dark skin were features that she wouldn't have forgotten. "I'm sorry, young girl. You must be really confused at this moment. My name is Rivanne. You are at my house, since both me and my husband found you collapsed near the road."

"My name is Ka-" The empress stopped herself. Would it be wise to reveal her identity to a random woman? "Karina. I am a maid. Well, I was, before some bandits stole My Lady's carriage and we were forced to run away."

"Oh my, I cannot believe what you had to go through." Rivanne took her hands smiling as a mother would do for her daughter. Not that Kardenccia knew what a mom's care looked like, since her mother was brutally murdered. "Karina, please rest a bit more. I will fetch my husband."

"Hello, young girl. My name's Jamika." The elder said while shaking her hand. The tan skinned man was much taller than Rivanne yet smaller than Kardenccia despite his bulky constitution.[3] "My wife told me what has happened. We do not have much but please stay as long as you need."

"Mister Jamika, I do not intend to be a burden." Kardenccia said smiling at them. "I promise to stay just as long as needed for a full recovery. When I find My Lady again I will make sure to ask her for a refund to you."

"No, we will not accept." They said in unison, and the husband completed. "We are helping you because we are good people, not because we want some kind of reward."

"Thank you both for being so kind to me." She said, eyes watering. "It's kind of hard to find good people these days, you know?"

"Specially since that rats killed the Empress!" Jamika shouted angrily.

"My dear please do not scare the woman!" Rivanne said while appeasing him.

"It's okay, Miss Rivanne." Kardenccia smiled again. "I too, have some concerns on the new rulers. Specially since they stripped My Lady's titles. Things have been rough since the coup."

"That's what I'm talking about!" The man said, still kinda angry. "Everyone's whispering about how things have been hard since that traitors stole the power. It's not been a year since the coup and nobody wants them anymore! If only our Empress was still alive." The man completed with a sad look, his tone and expression was now of deep concern.

"I've heard that the Empress is still alive, the bastards didn't have the guts to actually kill her." Kardenccia said, in a conspiratorial tone. "The people are saying she's gathering support to take back the crown, just like she did when Hermani was Emperor. She might be closer than we think!"

Their conversation went on during the next few days, until Kardenccia was ready to leave the clueless couple. She knew for sure that, when she got her crown back the first thing she'd do was to find this couple and reward them. After all, they housed the Empress and were her first new supporters now that she escaped her prison.

She had a destination in mind, a place far from the bustling Capitals that still had enough people to support her. The place of birth of the Narissei family, way before they became the Royal Mardokashni family. Before they got their blood mixed with the Erialdaka[4]. The city of Nouva Narissei, in the province of Riverai. It was the biggest city in the west[5], a place where she would definitely turn the odds in her favor.​

[1] Kardenccia was fluent in many languages, including Vivanco-Trevisan (nowadays simply known as Trevisan), Atlish, Aubervijiran and Suadivician. She spoke purposefully in Trevisan to annoy the guard and also distract him.

[2] Along with the title of crazy empress, for burning the city of Narissei in 1809 (hence the city being known as Nouva Narissei nowadays), and ordering the murder of her own son, Ektor Roderich alf Kappena (she didn't actually kill him, she just sent him away to Esthursia where he became Roderick Kappen), Kardenccia II is also known as Murderous Empress, for it is believed that she has killed more than ten people with her bare hands. All of this is obviously not real, just like the fact that she didn't actually burn the city of Narissei. That was just a strange coincidence.

[3] The Kladerais are unusually tall for the average Tardineanni (162.4 cm for the average woman, and 173.9 cm for the average man), oftentimes being at about 1.90 meters tall. Jasemir Partei Kladerai is "only" 1.87m tall. Kardenccia II was 1.76m tall. The couple might have got a bit suspicious since she very tall, but they just dismissed it saying "people from the city are usually taller".

[4] The Royal Mardokashni Family originated from the region where nowadays is the city of Nouva Narissei (which was named after them). Long before becoming a semi-autonomous Tardineanni province, the Kingdom of Mardokash was a vassal state of the Tardineanni Empire. That was until Niana Erialdaka alf Kladerai married Evon Narissei IX. She was third in line to the throne when her brother, Hermani the Great died in Kordatregne (nowadays Cordane, died in 1756). She tried to steal the crown, but her nephew, Kleonis II, assumed the throne. After his death, her son, Hermani Narissei Erialdaka also wanted to steal the crown (saying he wanted to unify both crowns) and he finally managed to do so when he murdered his cousin, Torian (in 1789).

[5] Long before Zenulvia became the biggest city of the north and western regions of Tardine, it was simply a collection of farms and a few noble summerhouses. Nouva Narissei held this title until the dawn of the 20th century.​

Last edited:
Back