TNP Nation
Anne_of_Cleves_in_TNP
Discord
Anne of Cleves#7399
The Empress of Unity

October 2, 2521
St. Hedwig’s Cathedral
Berlin, Saxony-Prussonia

Bishop Wilhelm: And now, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Princess Anna of Saxony-Prussonia.

*applause*

How did we get here, to the point where the Second Kingdom of Saxony and the Second Kingdom of Prussia unite to become the Empire of Saxony-Prussonia? Well, it all started with an unexpected marriage in the year 2450.

Due to the Great Flash, the 7x Great-Grandson of George Frederick of Hohenzollern died. In addition, the lines of Prince Louis Ferdinand and Prince Henry, both of whom were sons of George Frederick, fizzled out due to the same event. Also, the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen died out too, all because of the Great Flash. But, a matrilineal dynasty descending from Princess Emma Marie, the daughter of George Frederick, survived. It was this line through which the the title “Head of the House of Hohenzollern” continued because the Hohenzollerns had no other choice. The final female in this line prior to unification was Queen Kira-Marie of Hohenzollern.

The House of Wettin, on the other hand, continued agnatically through a disputed Head of the House of Wettin, Prince Rüdiger. His 9x great-grandson, King Augustus, was the last King of the Second Kingdom of Saxony prior to unification.

After the Great Flash, the Second Kingdom of Saxony and the Second Kingdom of Prussia formed, as the Federal Republic of Germany collapsed due to the Great Flash. The new world that the surviving Saxons and Prussians found themselves in was harsher than before. So to survive in Terra Firma, the Saxons and Prussians made an alliance that held them together through to the late 2400s. But their monarchies were held separate, because the monarchs of Saxony and Prussia saw no interest in uniting their crowns and hence their kingdoms. Even the citizens knew that the two monarchies refused to unite. But everything turned upside down when Kira-Marie and Augustus fell madly in love with each other. Why? Because one time, Augustus was going to Prussia to further increase diplomatic relations, and Kira-Marie was waiting for him at the center of Berlin. However, an assassin came into the city center and prepared to shoot Kira-Marie, but Augustus came right on time. Augustus saw the assassin, and ran over to tackle the assassin. The assassin therefore shot at a wrong angle, allowing Kira-Marie to dodge. Police then arrested the assassin, and the police verbally awarded Augustus for his good deeds. When Kira-Marie saw Augustus’s face, she ran some thoughts through her head and said in her mind:

“Oh my goodness! The man who saved me is the King of Saxony!”

And that caring action brought the two of them to love each other. They married in the year of 2470, and bore a daughter in 2500, who they named Anna. Anna was named as the heir to both the Second Kingdom of Saxony and the Second Kingdom of Prussia. As fate would have it, in the year of 2521, both of Anna’s parents died, and a coronation ceremony was organized after a month-long mourning period. Now, fast forwarding to the ceremony.

Anna is called up to the chapel altar, and is asked to answer three questions. She is wearing a yellow and green shirt and a black and white dress bottom. Anna isn’t wearing a dress top yet, you’ll see why.

Bishop Wilhelm: Do you swear allegiance to the Protestant Church?

Princess Anna: I do.

Bishop Wilhelm: Do you vow to protect the nation, even in the darkest of times here on Terra Firma?

Bishop Wilhelm: And do you swear to keep the Saxons and Prussians united in friendship?

Bishop Wilhelm: So now that you have responded “I do” to all three of these questions, you are hence the Empress of Saxony-Prussonia and the Head of the House of Wettinzollern.

Normally, in most nations, the highest ranking religious official at a coronation ceremony places the crown on a monarch’s head. Instead, Anna requested to be given the crown to place upon her own head. And that is exactly what happened in this scenario. The crown was made of pure gold, with black, white, yellow, and green gems embedded on it. The white and black gems represent the House of Hohenzollern and all Prussians, the yellow and green gems represent the House of Wettin and all Saxons.

Bishop Wilhelm: And here is your power armor chestplate.

Her power armor chestplate is colored a grayish-yellow-green color, the color you get when mixing black, white, yellow, and green. The Saxon and Prussian armory men still don’t know what it’s properties are, as most of Saxon-Prussonian tech is at the 1960s level, but they assume the power armor is extremely overpowered. It’s the perfect armor to avoid assassination, so therefore they chose to give a power armor chestplate to Empress Anna to protect her.

Empress Anna puts her power armor chestplate on, and then goes to the podium to give a speech.

Empress Anna: It’s an honor to be standing in front of all of you, my dear Prussians and Saxons. I am loving this power armor and crown. Although, I am feeling a tad hot, since I’m wearing my power armor and a shirt at the same time.

*laughter*

Nevertheless, I like the meaning behind the colors used in both of these items. The color choices represent unity. The unity of Saxons and Prussians, and a Union that no one expected prior to the marriage of my deceased mother and father. Unity is the very concept that allowed our ancestors to survive the following years after the disaster we know to be “the Great Flash”. If we turned against another, Saxons against Prussians, very few of us would’ve survived. But here we are now, together in this wonderful church, all because of unity. That shall be the theme of my reign, as well as the themes of every reigning empress who shall come after me. Let us continue to maintain our unity, and spread this unity across Terra Firma. I am the Empress of Unity. Thank you.

*massive applause*

The combined Saxon-Prussian state shall be one of the most influential nations in the history of Terra Firma. The Empress of Unity, Anna of Saxony-Prussonia, will spread her concept of unity across the world. All shall hail the Empire of Saxony-Prussonia.

Last edited:
Back