Note about the RMB service

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
I spent some time porting the RMB service (i.e., the script all spreadsheets and other gameside scrips use to post on the RMB through The Northern Light) to the new "rmb" API framework [violet] released a couple of weeks ago. The fact that the RMB service now uses the API and not HTML scraping should make it much more robust and faster.

One important difference compared to how things worked before is that RMB posts made using the RMB service will now have the line "This is an automated message." added to them. This is done by the NS API and there is no way around it. We checked with the delegate whether they are OK with this, before porting the RMB service to the new API.

As always, it is possible that I may have introduced some bugs while implementing this change. I am posting this thread so that people using the RMB service (either directly or indirectly, e.g., through spreadsheets) take note: If you run into any bugs when posting on the RMB through TNL, it may be because of the changes reported here, so please let me know.

As another note, this change means that you will now see the return of some regular RMB posts like card lottery announcements. The card lottery itself never stopped running. But, given that the RMB posts had to be made manually by me, they seized happening a while back. They are now scripted to be posted daily.

Back