Francois Isidore
Discord
themacmilitant
del_seal.png

Office of the Outgoing Delegate
-~-
Farewell Address: 12 September 2021

Dear North Pacificans,

This term saw a lot of ups and downs: We witnessed the most unforgiving Summer lull in NationStates history, along with the decline of WA populations site-wide and various technical difficulties internally that showed us how easy it is to take the innovations we’re often afforded for granted. In addition to that, we also endured numerous changes to the composition of the Executive Council during the third month and we even found time to make a bit of history of our own by appointing a resident to the position of Minister via the new RA exception law in the fourth month.

It's been a journey, one that I've enjoyed, and one that I've shared with the many great people who have surrounded me. I'd like to begin by thanking @Pallaith, not only for his service as one of my advisors but also for being a friend to me. We may not always agree about the best course of action for a given situation... I may even annoy him greatly on some days more than others, but he's always believed in me and he's stuck by me because, at the end of the day, I think that he knew that I could do this.

I'd also like to thank @El Fiji Grande, for he may no longer be with us as a citizen but he's definitely been around for me as a personal influence and previously as an advisor. He too believed in me and my story mirrors his in a variety of ways for which I'm just now reflecting upon. The point is: I couldn't do this without my supporting cast. What supporting cast I had should be celebrated, so why not look back on some of our accomplishments and triumphs this term, shall we?

In Home Affairs, we saw a dramatic uptick in the number of lists sent out in relation to this term’s performance compared to last term’s performance. Under the leadership of @New Celoveniortan, the Ministry generated 21 lists, completed over 3,100 rows, and sent out nearly 25,000 telegrams in an effort to promote the Executive Staff and our forums to a wide array of resident nations. If last term’s performance “broke almost all records for previous terms,” as my predecessor stated in their end of term report, then this term’s performance shattered that record by nearly twofold!

I’d like to thank the Minister for his services and congratulate him on a very productive term. I’d also like to thank our outstanding team of Gameside Advocates for their vigilance and dedication on the RMB this term and I'd like to take the time to properly recognize some of our top contributors from Home Affairs’ staff: @Venicea, @Tringapore, @Scorch, and @Erisoria, among others.

In Foreign Affairs, we resolved our outstanding dispute from the previous term with our allies in The South Pacific and took some much-needed steps to update and maintain the World Factbook Project. In addition to ushering in new sets of ambassadors to service our Diplomatic Corps, as is a standard activity in the ministry, I'd like to express my gratitude to @Sir Kasto for the work that they did and commend them for stepping up to the plate in a big way during a time of staffing shortages across each ministry.

While it may not have been glamourous, foreign affairs is a game best played at a patient pace. Relationships mean more when they've had the proper time to develop, and so I look forward to seeing how our relationships with our allies and others will develop in the coming months under the new Delegate's direction.

In Communications, @Fregerson persevered in spite of the undeniable challenges that faced the ministry. All the while, we pressed on, and we more than doubled the number of Polaris articles released this term than what was offered to readers of the publication in the last term. Although we were unable to release an issue of The Northern Lights, I'm proud of what was accomplished by the Minister and his dwindling number of staffers. The next Minister, whoever they may be, will have a tough task ahead of them to get the ministry back on track with regards to TNL. It's a tough task, one that's eluded one administration after another, but I'm a firm believer that it's an achievable task and I have the utmost confidence that we as a region and we as a government can get it done.

In Defense, both @Rom and @Westinor were particularly resourceful in their quest to remind us of the level of talent that our soldiers exhibit each and every update. From pulling an impressive number of pilers during the invasion of Chaylia operation to showing up for joint operations with our friends and targeting fascists all the while, the NPA never allowed mere numbers to dictate what the organization was capable of. I am thankful for the attentiveness of soldiers like @Healiopolis, @Gorundu, and @9003 as they served proudly through thick and through thin.

You guys make the ministry proud and I'm excited to see that tradition continue under the new, soon-to-be-announced Minister. Here's to wishing Rom a happy retirement/post-NPA career in R/D :P

In World Assembly Affairs, @Boston Castle has been an invaluable asset and as reliable a Minister as anyone in recent memory. Their production is unparalleled and their passion for the work that they do is unmatched. Being able to appoint a resident to the position of Minister was a privilege and I'm humbled to say that it was a privilege bestowed upon me by the power of our democracy at work in the Regional Assembly.

We saw WALL mobilize on important issues to great success and we saw IFVs being repeatedly sent out on a consistent and uninterrupted basis. Once again, I'd like to thank deputies @Sir Kasto, @Greater Cesnica, and @Morover for their continued commitment to what we do here in TNP with our WA powerhouse. It's great to see Boston being given a full term with what'll deservingly be an easily passable second RA exemption for him.

In Radio, @Greater Ale Permars demonstrated what it means to seize the moment and step up with some enthusiasm and poise. In fact, he's so excited that he prematurely posted his opening address before even the new Delegate had a chance to! :P Regardless, I'm glad to see GAP being given a fresh slate with a term of their own where they can really apply that creative energy into their work with the Northern Broadcast Service.

Of our six/seven or so broadcasts this term, five have been uploaded successfully to the channel and the quality of our content remains at a high level. I'm eager to see what can be accomplished by GAP and his staff during the new term and I'll be happy to help out in any way that I can when the time comes :)

In Culture, we were able to enjoy the services of @Prydania and @Sarah, in addition to the previously mentioned @Sir Kasto, as they all worked diligently to put on weekly theme Thursday events for us and expand the spirit of fun into other parts of the community. When listening to music in VC, that's culture. When gaming among friends, that's culture. When hosting design contests and other competitions, that's culture, and I appreciate everything that our staff does to breathe life into the channels of our server and into the hearts of our members.

I was pleased to see the Minister take up the mantle for a series of weekly movie nights, namely Fast Fridays, but also other films to keep activity up and spend some quality time with our region maters. At the end of the day, that kind of initiative is all you can hope for when you're Delegate and so I'd like to congratulate Sarah, Pry, Kasto, and the others on a job well done and a term worth building upon for the future.

Finally, in Cards, there was much to be done at the start and unfortunately, we weren't able to hit on a lot of the targets that I set out to have us accomplish. @Morover's return was a prime opportunity for them to re-enter into active service and I applaud them for capitalizing on that opportunity and for displaying their willingness to serve again even after a lengthy absence.

The next Minister will have a tough road ahead, but hopefully, the recent words from r3n signify a trend in a positive direction for the new infrastructure that's being developed and for the elimination of technical difficulties that stand in the way of progress. I, like all of you, anticipate the realization of this positive direction and I of course hope for the best as we look to rejuvenate that area of government.

and lastly, I'd just like to say:

During these times, you’ve stuck with me, and, in turn, I’ve stuck with you. I will forever be grateful for the trust that was placed in me when I was chosen as a leader in this region and I will never forget the kindness that I experienced as many of you celebrated my victories with me. My ascension to the highest office that our democracy can bestow upon someone was not an easy road, but it was a road that could never have been travelled without the faith, belief, and confidence of this region and its community.

This isn't goodbye, but more of a "See you later." I certainly won't be leaving The North Pacific, nor will I be ceasing my involvement in certain areas of government. I would be remiss, however, if I did not once again thank my supporters for putting me in a position to serve this region. Whether you voted for me back in May or not, you are all valued members of this community and I am pleased to have gotten the opportunity to represent you all as your Delegate. Going forward, I will do everything in my power to provide for and to ensure a smooth, seamless transition to the next administration. Congratulations to my successor, @St George, on his election victory and I wish him the very best going forward.

It’s been an honour,

Btx1yga.png

Robespierre (Francois Isidore)
Outgoing Delegate of The North Pacific

Last edited:
Making a grown man cry :bye:
You're a grown man?

Jokes aside, this was an excellent term. It has been fun to watch you grow from that upstart noob who MJ recruited, mistaking me for the minister of Comms, to now the Delegate of TNP. Your star is still rising. It's now just a matter of what you'd like to do with it.

Back