The North Pacific Today Master Thread (Discontinued)

Who do you think you'll vote for as Speaker?

• Oracle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fregerson

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Skaraborg

• Nubt II

• Bobberino

• Abstain

• Yes

• THIS POLL HAS BEEN CLOSED AND IS NO LONGER ANSWERABLE!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The North Pacific Today Person of The Week Award: RESULTS
Summary: @Pallaith is picked, @Aerilia is picked, and @New Celoveniortan is picked.

@Pallaith:
Arguably TNP's favorite justice, besides this, Pallaith is also a former Minister of Foreign Affairs, a position he used to continue the world-factbook project. Pallaith formerly seved as Minister of WA-Affairs, where he re-introduced voting-reccomendations, a practice that wasn't used since 2014, a practice that coninues today. The most important part of Pallaith's career however, is his work as a former-Delegate. Pallaith helped make The Northern Light widely published (more often), re-prioritizing the World Assembly Legislative League (WALL), while admitting the region "Europe" to the League. Pallaith also created the "Gameside Advocate" position, one that continues today, yet was introduced by him. On Tuesday, October 12, 2021, Pallaith finally earned credit for all his work. Pallaith was commended this week by the Security Council, on a vote of 12,164 (82.2%) to 2,635 (17.8%). We strongly applaud the SC on passing this bill, and hope Pallaith continues his remarkable work in the future.

@Aerilia:
Apart from being one of, if not the nerdiest person in all of TNP. Aerilia is a very friendly, and social person, who attracts viewers and followers from all sides. Aerilia is also a very iconic unicorn, ranking 10th in the region for International Artwork. Aerilia is also the author of multiple OOC threads, that slowly, help unite TNP. Thank you for your work, and keep up the great work!

@New Celoveniortan:
New Celoveniortan, or "Celo" as I prefer to call him, did a significant achievement this week, you know what it was? Make HA workers cry. Celo resigned exactly a day ago, from his position as HA Minister. Celo resigned due to "school pressure". The resignation thread was filled with strong, sad, and sorrowful feelings. However, Celo has assured everyone that he is still a proud TNPer, and planning to stay in NS.
The North Pacific Today has recently sent Celo a offer to become the company's new Vice-Editor, and is awaiting a reply. We wish Celo the best of luck, and wish he would accept his position. We also hope Celo would one day run for public-office, but for know, we wish him luck with his school-work, and hope he returns.

Thank you for reading, and congratulations to all the winners! And who knows? YOU could be the next TNPer of the week!

SPECIAL THANKS TO @Gorundu, @Tringapore, @Sanjurika, @Sir Kasto, @Katuda, @Pallaith, @mcmasterdonia, @Monkemafiatopia, @Marcus Antonius, @Skaraborg, @Comfed, @Dreadton,@Empty the FE2 fanatic, @Praetor, AND @Aerilia FOR LIKING AND INTERACTING ON OUR THREADS! THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Arguably TNP's favorite justice, besides this, Pallaith is also a former Minister of Foreign Affairs, a position he used to create the world-factbook project.
Wasn't created by him.
Pallaith formerly seved as Minister of WA-Affairs, where he introduced voting-reccomendations, a practice un-precedented then, yet still continues last.
Wasn't introduced by him.
The most important part of Pallaith's career however, is his work as a former-Delegate. Pallaith helped make The Northern Light widely published (more often), re-instated the World Assembly Legislative League (WALL),
Wasn't re-instated by him.
Pallaith was commended this week by the General Assembly, on a vote of 12,164 (82.2%) to 2,635 (17.8%). We strongly applaud the GA on passing this bill, and hope Pallaith continues his remarkable work in the future.
Wasn't the GA that voted on him.

Wasn't created by him.

Wasn't introduced by him.

Wasn't re-instated by him.

Wasn't the GA that voted on him.
This info was all found using Pallaith's previous posts, and info from his own official GA commendation.
1. Well, he continued it.
2. Oops, he restarted the practice that wasn't used since 2014, but yes, he didn't create it in the first place.
3. Re-instated is the wrong phrase, but anyways, he made it more significant once again, and swore Europe in.
4. My mistake. It was the SC.

Last edited:

The North Pacific Today

"Proudly TNP's Largest, Most Viewed Media Outlet"
HEAD EDITOR: @Nubt II
VICE-EDITOR: Peylikz
TNP'S #1 News - Bringing News Coverage to TNP Since 2017
"Connecting TNP to NS, and NS to TNP"
SPECIAL 1,000 VIEWS EDITION

ISSUE 1-S
10/14/2021

Pallaith Commended! SC Passes Vote In A Landslide!

(SC / WORLD ASSEMBLY / NS / TNP / NEWS) 4:23 EST, The Security Council, The World Assembly, NationStates Capital, NationStates. Exactly two days ago, the Security Council voted to commend Pallaith. Most TNPers have been very joyful about the commendation, and many people viewed it as a step forwards, that should have been taken long ago. So, the real question is, why was Pallaith even commended? To answer this question, we need to dig deep in NationStates, and North Pacifican history. Pallaith was born into NationStates on 9/26/2015, in the Pacific. Little is known about him, back then, but within the duration of a month, Pallaith moved to The Versutian Federation, and to Audaxia, where he stayed for about 4 months, and then made his big move. Pallaith arrived in TNP on 9/3/2016. From then on, Pallaith's career could only go up. Pallaith was then on elected to the position of Delegate, thrice, Speaker, once,; appointed as Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of WA-Affairs twice, and as Minister of Communications once. Recently however, Pallaith was elected (and continues to serve) as Chief Justice, after the July 2021 Judicial Elections, where he defeated both Dreadton and Lady Raven Wing by a margin of 17 and 22 votes (respectably). More recently however, Pallaith was chosen as Vice-Delegate, after Cretox State went inactive, during his Vice-Delegacy, Pallaith encouraged the sharing of endorsements between nations, and continued improving the WADP (WA Development Project). In honor of his awe-inspiring career, incredible service to TNP, and commendation The North Pacific Today crowned him a award winner in The Annual TNPer Of The Week Awards. So what do you think? Please be sure to like and interact on our thread! This is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The Security Council, The World Assembly, NationStates Capital, NationStates.

New Celoveniortan Resigns As Minister of Home Affairs! Skaraborg Appointed!

(TNP/ NEWS) 5:04 EST, The Ministry of Home Affairs, The North Pacifican Government Complex, Magicality City, The North Pacific. Yesterday, shock hit the Ministry of Home Affairs. Usually, the rusty and crusty halls of Home Affairs are very dull, with little to hear besides "Rows!", and little to see besides over-worked and under-paid employees. However, Yesterday brought an unprecedented emotion to the halls of Home Affairs (HA). Sorrow. New Celoveniortan (Celo) was besides all of this, one of few Ministers in North Pacifican history who was as connected to ordinary people as Celo. Celo's reason for resignation was "school pressure" which would lessen his time and ability to serve the North Pacifican community. The North Pacific Today has also sent him an invitation to work as the company's new Vice-Editor. The Delegate acted quickly, however, granted the resignation, and appointed Skaraborg as the new Minister. In conclusion, we would like to wish the best of luck to Skaraborg, while letting Celo know three things. You did your job in a significant manner, and no, you weren't a good HA minister, you were one of the best. New Celoveniortan was lots of things to many TNPers. A model, a goal, a mentor, a helper, someone to trust; but for me, he was simply, a friend. This is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The Ministry of Home Affairs, The North Pacifican Government Complex, Magicality City, The North Pacific.

Election Rules Clarification Amendment Reaches Regional Assembly Voting Floor!

(REGIONAL ASSEMBLY / TNP / NEWS) 5:54 EST, The Regional Assembly Building, Magicality City, The North Pacific. The bill that was once proposed by abc, has (finally) reached the voting stage. This bill basically just reforms the complicated language used in the Legal Code, which are not very understandable. The bill (mainly) has many allies, and few, if any, opponents. However, both Dreadton and McMasterdonia have both shown a "NAY" vote during the official vote. Here at The North Pacific Today Headquarters, we conducted an EAVC (Early and Accurate Vote Count) to show you the results, as they are listed below:
RA Election Rules Clarification Amendment EAVC Results:

Total Votes: 34 Votes
Aye: 26 Votes (76.47%)
Nay: 2 Votes (5.88%)
Abstain: 6 (17.64%)
So what do you think? Please be sure to like and interact on our thread! This is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The Regional Assembly Building, Magicality City, The North Pacific.

Condemn Dalimbar Passing The Security Council

(SECURITY COUNCIL / WA / NS / NEWS) 6:16 EST, The Security Council, The World Assembly, NationStates Capital, NationStates. Recently, we saw a "Condemn Dalimbar" proposal cruise smoothly and enter voting stage in the Security Council. This resolution is of high significance, because of the threat it could continue to raiders everywhere, and continue the show of World Assembly un-tolerance of raiding, and all it’s allies. Here in TNP, there was a debate on the proposal, and there were highly important, and truthful arguments on both sides, like Zukchiva (former TEP Delegate) who offered a moderate opinion, and said, "May just be me but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to add the part about Emperor Matthuis's coup. Not the worst thing to add in there of course, but feels a bit weird without specifying if Dali did much to help out that effort, or what Dali did for that coup. Anyone can support a coup- but did Dali do anything substantial for it?", Zukchiva targeted a certain part of the proposal, but had no other concerns with the rest of it, btu Bloodred Moon, for example satired the proposal, and targeted the entire proposal by simply saying: "Good luck with this". Dalimbar himself issued a statement on his condemnation, saying: "
Howdy, figure this semantics discussion could use no clarification at all but I'll try. One of the official terms of the government of TEP was "Empire of the East Pacific", shortened to The Empire. The membership of that government identified our regime as "The Empire", especially as we did have plans to hold multiple GCRs under the umbrella of The Empire. Particularly during the KRO/OFO1-eras and subsequent periods of time, I've noticed "the" being dropped more from Empire as people used it as a term for a political movement or whatever involving myself, or in a context such as Empire/Rahl. Both are fine." So, in NS, there was almost no opposition to the proposal, but how about here in TNP? The proposal has so much support that there are only 31 TNPers voting against it. Of course, you probably want to know the major Delegate votes, and here they are:
FOR:
- Francois Isidore (911 Votes - TNP)
- Dilber (530 Votes - TWP)
- East Durthang (456 Votes - The Pacific)
- Kethania (407 Votes - TCB)
- Wischland (379 Votes - 10KI)
- North East Somerset (287 Votes - Balder)
- Duby (235 Votes - Conch Kingdom)
- Primorye Oblast (232 Votes - Europeia)
- Agaelesia (209 Votes - TRR)
- Luna State (194 Votes - Osiris)
- Thaelle (159 Votes - Free Nations Region)
- TESDAI (137 Votes - Lands End)
- Lesser Velutaria (116 Votes - Anteria)
- Bearded Dragones (115 Votes - Cape Of Good Hope)
AGAINST:
- Amerion (752 Votes - TSP)
- ShrewLlamaLand (97 Votes - Confederation Of Corrupt Dictator / COCD)
- Octal (48 - Capitalist Paradise)
So what do you think? Please be sure to like and interact on our thread! This is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The Security Council, The World Assembly, NationStates Capital, NationStates.

The North Pacific Today is Now Hiring! We Are Also Looking For Contributors & Volunteers!

The North Pacific Today is now hiring! If you have any news you think should be on our papers, our want to be a contributor, sponsor, correspondent be sure to send it to Head Editor Nubt II via conversation (NS TG's will not be accepted). Thanks!

BE SURE TO PARTICIPATE ON OUR THREAD! SPECIAL THANKS TO @Gorundu, @Tringapore, @Sanjurika, @Sir Kasto, @Katuda, @Pallaith, @mcmasterdonia, @Monkemafiatopia, @Marcus Antonius, @Skaraborg, @Comfed, @Dreadton, @Empty the FE2 fanatic, @Praetor, @Aerilia, @New Celoveniortan, AND @Dar Es Saalam FOR LIKING AND INTERACTING ON OUR THREADS!

ISSUE 1-S ----- BE SURE TO LIKE, POST, AND STAY IN TUNE!

Last edited:
Meme(s) of The Day! (10/14/21)

OIP.bVFPuZgEPV6MILJUg9mFTgHaGk
OIP.j9unQnUwTy1W7lZnh-onKgHaHL
OIP._qFSYqAGGhsYt9T6ptLVTgHaJO
OIP.fVHSDdqEh9SkYPLDOmpM9QHaHS
OIP.beokuxya79P4H7gJ2J2clwHaGY

Thanks For Viewing, and stay in tune!

Last edited:
Give us better channels.
Just to give you a scoop on what's happening, I'm trying to convince the Executive Council to add a TNPBC SPORTS live streaming channel, which would add news about sports from all over The North Pacific and interregional sports. Would you like that? Please like this post if you are interested, so I know if this really is a popular idea.

Also to give you the scoop on what's coming up next, I've made you guys a list:

• Issue 1-T of The North Pacific Today: (10/11/21 - Tuesday)
  • This issue will include a story about Pallaith becoming the region's in-game Delegate in an accidental event, that has not happened in TNP for a long time.
  • This issue will also include an article about the ________ (name withheld until release) card gaining a tremendous amount of market value, we will also include a article about what cards our financial analysts recommend people buy lately.
  • Lastly, we will include a article about the recent elections over in The East Pacific, their results, a summary, who was expected to win, who won, and the candidates.

• TNPBC LIVE Streaming (10/11/21 - Tuesday)
  • Will include all streaming from the previous, and upcoming uncovered issues.

• Meme Of The Day (10/11/21 - Tuesday)
  • Memes That Match The Current Situation (10/11/21 - Tuesday)

• TNPer Of The Week Awards (10/12/21 - Wednesday)

Please stay in tune, and keep an eye for what's coming up next! Stay safe, keep a smile, and put on that mask! (Remember, you're viewing all of this in The North Pacific Today's Headquarters!) ;)

Also to give you the scoop on what's coming up next, I've made you guys a list:

This issue will include a story about Pallaith becoming the region's in-game Delegate in an accidental event, that has not happened in TNP for a long time.

Thats False and misleading, Pallaith was purposefully place in the In Game Delegate spot, per our laws and situational demands. Secondly, a long time? Not at all, we did it during my term as Vice Delegate.

Thats False and misleading, Pallaith was purposefully place in the In Game Delegate spot, per our laws and situational demands. Secondly, a long time? Not at all, we did it during my term as Vice Delegate.
No it was accidental. How would you even know?

To be fair, I don't believe I have seen any official communication from the Vice Delegate and the Security Council on this. While those of us who have been here long enough and familiar with our laws and traditions would realise what's going on, it's understandably confusing for any newcomers or those who don't always pay close attention.

To be fair, I don't believe I have seen any official communication from the Vice Delegate and the Security Council on this. While those of us who have been here long enough and familiar with our laws and traditions would realise what's going on, it's understandably confusing for any newcomers or those who don't always pay close attention.
I'd agree. This is horribly-complicated for me to understand.
I apologize for that statement, I am not exactly a expert, nor do I have much relations in the Security Council, but thanks for telling me about that! I'll edit the article before it's final publication :D! But your Vice-Delegacy was also not very recent....

The North Pacific Today

"Proudly TNP's Largest, Most Viewed Active Media Network"
TNP'S #1 News - Bringing News Coverage to TNP Since 2017
SPECIAL 2,000 VIEWS EDITION

ISSUE 1-S
10/14/2021

Pallaith Becomes In-Game Delegate! Robespierre Resigns From The WA!

(TNP / NEWS / NS / TNP NEWS / NEWS) 5:50 EST, In-Game Office of The North Pacifican Delegate, Magicality City, The North Pacific, NationStates. Exactly 2 days and 19 hours ago, a remarkable event occurred here in The North Pacific. This remarkable event was an un-official, non-publicly proclaimed, turnover of power. Not in a coup d'etat way, but in a peaceful resignation, or turn of power, way. You see, 2 days and 19 hours ago Former (then) Delegate Robespierre (Francois Isidore) resigned from the World Assembly. Robespierre’s reason for resigning was unclear, and not proclaimed publicly. However, @Dreadton publicly proclaimed (via The North Pacific Today Master Thread) that there had been talks with the North Pacifican Security Council over the resignation, but they were announced officially by Pallaith's message, not the SC. Pallaith assumed the In-Game Delegacy exactly 2 days and 19 hours ago. Many non-SC member North Pacificans were surprised at the sudden resignation. However. 2 days and 14 hours ago, Pallaith released an information message to North Pacificans via the regional message board (RMB), explaining that he gained the position because he is the highest-ranking official in the Security Council. The resignation is still overflowing with questions, and very few are answered. So what do you think? Be sure to post, like, and view our thread, and stay in tune! As for me, this is The North Pacific Today, reporting from the In-Game Office of The North Pacifican Delegate, Magicality City, The North Pacific, NationStates.

Albrook Elected Delegate In The East Pacific!

(TNP/ NEWS) 8:04 EST, The East Pacific. It seems very abnormal for a North Pacifican news outlet, such as this one, to report on a foreign election, and this is the first time The North Pacific Today has done this, however, financially, this is very important in order to keep the company competitive, and become the first reporter on all important events all over the world. On the political side, The East Pacific is one of our strongest allies, and share most of the democratic, and other ideals with The North Pacific. Originally, there were 10 candidates, however Zukchiva (also a former East Pacifican Delegate), withdrew from the race, leaving 9 optional candidates. The results are as summarized below (credit goes to Wallenburg):
In the first round, Albrook led with 13 of 26 votes. This triggered a runoff, as it does not constitute a majority. In the third round of the runoff, after eliminating all candidates but Aivintis, Albrook, and Eastern Alksearia, Albrook received a majority of 14 out of 24 votes. Albrook is the new delegate-elect of The East Pacific.
And so, The North Pacific's strongest ally (arguably) has gotten a new Delegate, once again. What will he do, and what are his plans? What do you think? Please be sure to post, like, and view our thread, and stay in tune! As for me, this is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The East Pacific.

The North Pacific Today is Now Hiring! We Are Also Looking For Contributors & Volunteers!

The North Pacific Today is now hiring! If you have any news you think should be on our papers, our want to be a contributor, sponsor, correspondent be sure to send it to Head Editor Nubt II via conversation (NS TG's will not be accepted). Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry for the short articles, guys, ran out of time today. Thursday will be the Memes of the Day, TNPBC Streaming, and the rest of the events, excluding Issue 1-U, which will be Friday. Sorry for the delays, my back-up writer is busy, along with me, plus putting getting everything ready for moving to TLA.

Thanks For Understanding!
-Nubt II

Last edited:
Albrook is a she. And if people have questions for the SC, just ask the VD. He has a thread for this.
My bad! And thanks for the info to readers!
Bruh what. I heard the VD was a very hot tall man.
I'll have to investigate that. Especially to find out if he really is hot. He can't be hotter than McM...
Hmm...
Should I go to make @Nubt II of Mortipal make a memes channel?
Totally yes.
We already have one, stay in tune for The Memes Of The Day, coming up on the 'morrow!
We simply cannot look away.
I'm kind of impressed in myself. It's pretty clear that in the near future, this network will be the un-contested leader of the North Pacifican news industry, provided no major news channels spring up. And, thank you for not keeping your eyes off!

October Fools!
I decided to test how important I've become by doing this trick. No worries, the inactivity lately is because of RL issues. I've been delaying everything for a while, and I'm just giving myself a little bit of a break. However we're gonna start rolling again soon. We'll cover the Special Elections starting the 31st, see ya there!
bruh moment

The North Pacific Today

TNP'S #1 News - Bringing News Coverage to TNP Since 2017 - Proudly TNP's Largest, Most Viewed, Active News Network

SPECIAL ELECTION EDITION

10/28/2021 - Thursday, October 28th, 2021 - Issue 1-T

Oracle Resigns As Speaker! Special Elections Called!

(ELECTION COVERAGE / NEWS / TNP / NS) 4:37, Office of The Speaker, Magicality City, The North Pacific. A week ago, yet another high-ranking North Pacifican official fell victim to resignation. Former Speaker Oracle resigned approximately last Thursday, at 9:07 PM. Oracle resigned mostly due to “real life issues”, and his personal mental health, but more specifically stated his reasons for resignation in his outgoing resignation letter here regarding his reasons, and forseement prior to resignation. Oracle designated Bobberino as the Temporary Speaker until the final conduction of the upcoming Special Speaker Elections. At first, fifteen citizens were nominated (Fregerson, Aerillia, Tinhampton, Sarah, Lord Dominator, Robespierre, Gorundu, Monkemafiatopia, New Celoveniortan, Veltvalen, Tringapore, Pallaith, Nubt II of Mortipal, and Bobberino), of which only two accepted (Fregerson, and Bobberino). However, later on, Former Candidate (and Current Temporary Speaker) Bobberino, and Dyl both dropped out of the race. Bobberino’s reasons were mostly unclarified, excluding the message posted designating the drop-out which simply read, “On further account, I'm not in the place mentally for an election right now. I'll withdraw.” Dyl’s reason for dropping out however, was even more unclarified, raising questions on the actual reasons. Dyl’s drop out message simply said “On second thought, I’m going to be withdrawing my candidacy for this election.” Recently, and approximately two days ago at 10:00 PM, voting opened for the elections. As usual, The North Pacific Today’s political analysts and commentators decided to tally up the votes in an EACV (Early and Accurate Vote Count), and we have transmitted the results live to TNPBC, and published them as listed below:
October 2021 Special Speaker Election EACV:
Total Votes Cast: 57 Votes
Fregerson: 23 Votes (40.35% - LEADING)
Bootsie: 20 Votes (35.08% - BEHIND)
Abstain: 14 Votes (24.56%)

So, as you could tell from the EACV, Fregerson is leading Bootsie by a narrow margin of three votes. However this is far too early to tell, compared to the fact that there are about one hundred eighty eight citizens in The North Pacific, and that this is only the first day of casting ballots. So what do you think? Be sure to interact, post, view, like, and comment on our threads! This is The North Pacific Today, reporting from Office of The Speaker, Magicality City, The North Pacific.

The North Pacific Today Launches Yet Another Ambitious Project!

(LOCAL / NEWS / NS) 5:03 EST, The North Pacific Today Headquarters, Magicality City, The North Pacific. Recently, in fact exactly one and a half hours ago, The North Pacific Today announced its plans to add yet another new program to it’s seemingly endless listings. Unlike other ones, this one is planned to make an impact for ages. After multiple back-and-forth decisions, Head Editor Nubt II of Mortipal (hereby shortened to “Nubt II”) finally stamped and approved a final decision to establish the project as a reality. The project will be very influential, it’s main idea will be establishing a very accurate timeline of all North Pacifican Delegates, starting from 2003, and passing through all others in an updated and accurate manner, which would make the project one of the oldest NationStates records in North Pacifican history. Dubbed the “Heritage Program”, besides all of this, it would accept requests from region’s (and occasionally without requests) to uncover their histories from the moment of their creation -- and store it in The Heritage Program’s regional files -- giving a two-way benefit. The program uses various tools, including forum-related criteria, in-game data, and various foreign tools. The program is set to start service on Monday, November 1; despite H.E. (Head Editor) Nubt II’s assurances that the project may start up to three days earlier. The H.E. also claimed that once the program reaches it’s needed popular use (which he did not clarify an exact number), it might move to uncovering individual nations’ histories (with or without consent) and storing it in program files. However after multiple questions regarding privacy however, the H.E. changed the program’s structure, making data-taking without consent legal, but publication of it without consent illegal, however he said the rules do not apply to regions, but only to nations. Nubt II also added that raiders who might have couped a region and served as temporary, or short-term Delegates will be listed in the program, saying “They weren’t role-models, and despite their atrocities, are still a part of NS history.”. So what do you think? Be sure to interact, post, view, like, and comment on our threads! As for me, this is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The North Pacific Today Headquarters, Magicality City, The North Pacific.

Lazarus Loses 2,000 Members, Mass Puppet Collapse, Or Mass Immigration?

(NS NEWS / NEWS) 5:11 EST, Lazarus. Three days ago, NationStates saw, disputably, one of the largest and most influential population shifts in it’s 19 year history. The region of Lazarus, formerly ranked as the second-most populated region in the world (only behind “Chicken Overlords” a puppet region affiliated with the mass “Womble” puppets), with about 9,000 or so members, saw a decrease of 2,000 accounts during October 23 through October 25, collapsing it’s rank to 7th in the world, with about 7,000 members. The reason for this decrease is unknown, but for now mass immigration, and puppet CTE’s -- but mostly puppet CTE’s -- are blamed. The causes are not known, but for now, all we can do is wait. This is The North Pacific Today, reporting from Lazarus.

Z-Day Date Announced! Zombies About To Plague NationStates!

(NS NEWS / NEWS / NS / EVENTS / GLOBAL) 5:23 EST, The Max Barryian Dictatotial Palace, Testlandia, Testregionia, The News Tab, NationStates Capital, NationStates. Finally, Max Barry has decided to relieve all of us of our unneeded excitement, and announce the date of Z-Day. Z-Day (Zombie Day) usually occurs every year on the weekend days surrounding Halloween. Z-Day is very simple, yet complex at the same time. Basically, Z-Day is when nations get choices on how to deal with the zombie apocalypse, and of course there are hundreds if not thousands of details about Z-Day, but I won’t cover all of them, because that would take about 5-full issues, so instead, I’ll take the shortcut by explaining the main two choices, along with some basic outlines. First, comes attempting to heal the zombies, or attempting to invent a cure. Second, comes what I like to call “surrender” or “fall-back” mode, which basically just lets the zombies roam free in your nation, basically transforming your population into fully zombies -- but this has its own advantages -- it let’s you infect anyone you want to infect, yes this is a great way to have your revenge on moderators, and yes they will completely beat the living daylights out of you if you do that because of their mostly enormous populations. Just like N-Day (and arguably even worse), Z-Day is a very violent tradition that, despite its morbidness, remains one of the cherished traditions of NationStates. Before we frantically run out of Max Barry’s palace, and more like before Max Barry’s bodyguards beat the life out of us, I’ll just add what I’ll do, before asking you as usual, I’ll simply destroy my over 25 puppet states’ populations in return for destroying raider and conservative regions. Okay, we better pack this picnic up, so, as usual, what do you think? Be sure to interact, post, view, like, and comment on our threads! As for me, I’m off! This is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The Max Barryian Dictatotial Palace, Testlandia, Testregionia, The News Tab, NationStates Capital, NationStates.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Introduces The Treaty of Hānau Hou!

(FOREIGN AFFAIRS / NEWS / NS / GLOBAL) 6:04 EST, The Regional Assembly, Magicality City, The North Pacific. Yet another treaty has been introduced to the hallowed Regional Assembly halls today. But unlike other ones, this basically builds a entire new relationship with a influential, and historical region. Lazarus is the subject of this treaty. What makes this treaty so important is it's emphasis on almost all political sectors, cultural agreements, defense, intelligence and communications, and multiple other influential clauses. More importantly, this treaty would do multiple things, the most influential of them being:
  • Requiring each signee to recognize it's counterpart as the legitimate government of it's own region.
  • If a signee discovers information (via intelligence) that may harm, or threaten it's counterpart, the discoverer must contact it's counterpart's head of government immediately.
  • The signees shall not engage in military hostility against one another.
  • The signees will not attempt to overthrow one another, and shall, to the best of their ability, provide one another military assistance in case of a military attack targeting the other signatory's home region.
  • The signees shall conduct communal cultural activities to the benefit of members of both regions, such as an annual festival which showcases each signatory's traditions and rich history.
As listed above, this treaty would both provide military, economic, and cultural stability to both signees, and benefiting both signees. This treaty is surely a big step forwards for North Pacifican relationships with influential and historical regions. So what do you think? This is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The Regional Assembly, Magicality City, The North Pacific.

Back