The North Pacific Today Master Thread (Discontinued)

Who do you think you'll vote for as Speaker?

• Oracle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fregerson

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Skaraborg

• Nubt II

• Bobberino

• Abstain

• Yes

• THIS POLL HAS BEEN CLOSED AND IS NO LONGER ANSWERABLE!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The North Pacific Today
HEAD EDITOR: @Nubt II
VICE-EDITOR:
French Austria
TNP'S #1 News - Bringing News Coverage to TNP Since 2017
"Connecting TNP to NS, and NS to TNP"
ISSUE 1-J
9/23/2021
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

East Durthang Card Sheds 4 Times It's Value!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(CARDS / FINANCIAL ADVICE / OPINION / NEWS) 5:06 EST, Cards District, NationStates Capital, NationStates. Today our economic and financial cards analysts (EFCA’s) noticed a dramatic drop in one of NationStates’ most iconic and important cards. That is of Pacifican Delegate, East Durthang. Durthang’s card unexpectedly shedded 4 times it’s value (4.00→ 0.60 - Rough Estimate) after a series of low buys; this drop was expected, as our analysts repeatedly warned buyers for month that the card would collapse. So, as this card rose quickly through the ranks to become the most expensive card of the 5 feeder Delegates’, it collapsed as quickly as it rose, know worthing even lower than North Pacifican (Outgoing) Delegate Francois Isidore (1.00 - Rough Estimate). Many card-owners were both shocked and melancholy at the card’s collapse, as it was the centrepiece of their collection. However, there are some buyers quickly seized the opportunity and starting buying their own copies of the card, mostly believing that will rise again, and they could make a profit off of it, or simply so they can say (brag) “I have Durthang’s card! On the RMB. So what do we recommend? Buy! This card is incredibly iconic, and is of a Delegate who will mostly likely last long, so it will probably be worth the money, and work out as a good investment. Besides, even if it does collapse (again), you could just add it to your NS Delegate’s collection! Thank you for reading, and this is The North Pacific Today, reporting from Cards District, NationStates Capital, NationStates.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
N-Day Is Coming Up! Two More Days, Until Hell on NationStates!

(RP / NS NEWS/ NS / OPINION / NEWS) 6:16, NationStates Capital, NationStates. There is only one more days... until NS explodes with nuclear bombs! That's right! NS is finally seeing the return of one of it's most celebrated days, in two days! As usual all NS'ers are very excited, and already aiming at who to bomb. Some nations already starting forming factions for themselves. Symbols of this excitement can be seen everywhere on the forum, for example, NSer Esthe, already made up his mind on who he's bombing, saying, "Probably all the raiding regions.", while Wapistan, had a funnier view of it by saying "anyone who calls me fat!". Again, people were already planning on which faction they'll join, for example, NSer Arvenia had this to say "I choos the Potato Alliance", while Potato Alliance Founder Tim-Opolis said this, "Want to survive? Potato Alliance is the place for you. That's where I'll be. And I intend to lead us to victory once more.". Even on the World Assembly floors, a N-Day resolution is there. So, just like every N-Day, winners will rise, losers will emerge and neutrals will hide; and factions will brag and battle. So who will you join? And how will YOU spend your N-Day? Be sure to share below! As for me, this is The North Pacific Today, reporting from NationStates Capital, NationStates.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The North Pacific Today is Now Hiring!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
The North Pacific Today is now hiring! If you have any news you think should be on our papers, our want to be a contributer, sponsor, correspondent be sure to send it to Head Editor Nubt II via conversation (NS TG's will not be accepted). Thanks!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
BE SURE TO ANSWER OUR NEW POLL, AND PARTICIPATE ON OUR THREAD! THANKS!
EDIT: PLEASE DISREGARD THE LAST SECTION ASKING READERS' TO ANSWER THE NEW POLL, THE POLL HAS BEEN CANCELED.

Congratulations! :ya: I hope for a strong partnership between The North Pacific Today and Propaganda, and again, congratulate you on your most excellent accomplishments as a promoter of the news industry here in The North Pacific!
i will probably forget about PNW in a few days lol but ye it is fun to make stupid articles

After the 3-Day vacation we gave our workers, The North Pacific Today is back! But I really felt bad for you readers, because of your endless news-thirst.... Be sure to check out Issue 1-M, and for your very own pleasure we decided to install for the first time in The North Pacific Today 's 4-year history color-pictures in our newspapers! This is the first time a non-RP newspaper in TNP has installed colored-pictures in it's issues!

Thanks!
-Nubt II

The North Pacific Today
VICE-EDITOR:
French Austria
ISSUE 1-M
9/28/2021

Crabs Of The Apocalypse Dominate N-Day Once Again!

crabs_of_the_apocalypse__607633.png
1_092616112127.jpg

(N-DAY / NEWS / NS) 7:04 EST, NationStates Capital, NationStates. After a nuclear apocalypse, COTA was once again determined the winner this N-Day The Potato Alliance, the faction TNP backed, was defeated swiftly almost entirely on the first day, and much of the blame was thrown on TPA (The Potato Alliance) Commander Tim-Opolis, who at first launched an order stating "do not fire at crabs, they are our allies", and COTA took the chance and almost completely destroyed all of TPA's members. Many N-Day participating nations thought N-Day would take the spotlight away from politics and to group fun, although this was largely not realized, as factions such as "Alliance Against Liberals" popped up, causing much distraction and political fighting. In the end, Sedgistan (Regional Gameplay, and Issues Admin, also a Moderator) published a summary of N-Day, that you can access here and as linked above. So, what did you do this N-Day? Be sure to post and interact on our thread! This is The North Pacific Today, reporting from NationStates Capital, NationStates

Captions: (left) Crabs of The Apocalypse's respectable flag. (right) The nuclear blast that doomed The Potato Alliance this N-Day.

A Flag For The NPA?

image0.jpg
birb__845205.png
the_north_pacific__415856.png

(REGIONAL ASSEMBLY / NEWS / TNP NEWS / TNP) 7:49 EST, The Regional Assembly, Magicality City, TNP. Recently, a Regional Assembly bill has made it's way to the debating stage, but unlike any normal bill, this one is quite unique. This bill, as proposed by @Nubt II of Mortipal would create a new Legal Code-approved NPA Flag. The bill is harshly opposed so far, and TNP Today estimates that the bill will be rejected in a landslide vote. However iconic TNPers such as Vice-Delegate Sir Kasto and Marcus Antonius motioned the bill for a vote (in the improper procedure) showing that this bill may have some support after all. After a slim amount of debating, Nubt II motioned the bill for a vote, but the vote date was rejected after the 3-Citizen objection canceled it (Comfed, Praetor, Vivanco). However, one day later, we see this bill back on the spotlight, why? Because Dreadton thought he just wanted to get the bill rejected quickly and swiftly saying "I see no purpose to dragging out this bill and would like for it to be killed quickly. I call for an immediate vote", and so Minister Koopa followed, along with Vice-Delegate Sir Kasto, who seconded the motion to vote. So will this legendary bill succeed? What do you think? Be sure to interact and answer on the thread See the full discussion / debate on this bill here. As for me, this is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The Regional Assembly, Magicality City, TNP.

Captions: (far left) The proposed NPA Flag, (center) the current flag of TNP's military storage, Birb, and TNP's official flag.

The North Pacific Today is Now Hiring! We Are Also Looking For Contributers & Volunteers!

The North Pacific Today is now hiring! If you have any news you think should be on our papers, our want to be a contributer, sponsor, correspondent be sure to send it to Head Editor Nubt II via conversation (NS TG's will not be accepted). Thanks!

BE SURE TO PARTICIPATE ON OUR THREAD! THANKS! SPECIAL THANKS TO @Sir Kasto FOR LIKING OUR POSTS!

Last edited:
COTA took the chance and almost completely destroyed all of TPA's members.
That is a complete fabrication.

Potato Alliance and COTA had formally an "alliance" that was more of a non-agression pact for the first 12 hours of the event since they were the two biggest factions (Considering COTA is the merge of two other former factions of previous N-Days), and once that truce was over, both factions prepared to attack the other.

Your characterization of N Day is entirely false. And how dare you make me defend Tim!
Forced you into a corner (:ya:)... *hee hee* LOL!. And please see my reply to Vivanco under this one.

Potato Alliance and COTA had formally an "alliance" that was more of a non-agression pact for the first 12 hours of the event since they were the two biggest factions (Considering COTA is the merge of two other former factions of previous N-Days), and once that truce was over, both factions prepared to attack the other.
I apologize for my innacurate coverage of N-Day and promise a change if we cover it next year.

Last edited:

Inaccurate news? damn it that's my job!

The North Pacific Today
VICE-EDITOR:
French Austria
ISSUE 1-N
10/1/2021

Nubt II, Monkemafiatopia, Striking A Deal Over Propaganda News Weekly!

(BUSINESS / NEWS / NS ) 5:52 EST, The North Pacific Today Headquarters, Magicality City, The North Pacific. In another apparent attempt to monopolize the North Pacifican news industry, Nubt II (Owner and Founder of The North Pacific Today, Owner of The North Pacific Chronicle) and Monkemafiatopia (Owner of Propaganda News Weekly / PNW) are striking a deal over the RP news company, the current buy is estimated for $12 although many expect Nubt to haggle. If this buy is successful, The North Pacific Today and Nubt II will officially earn the title of the largest North Pacifican news service, with the highest views, and the buying of 3 major news services, the Chronicle, Today, and PNW. Many also expect the newly-founded Standard to fall prey to the rising new-service star. Right here, were we stand, the deal will be made in a couple of hours. Will he sell, will he buy? What do you think? Be sure to interact and post on our thread. As for me, this is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The North Pacific Today Headquarters, Magicality City, The North Pacific.

The First Live Television Network in TNP?

(NEWS/ RP / TNP NEWS / TNP) 6:00 EST, The North Pacific Broadcasting Corporation Headquarters, Magicality City, The North Pacific. Recently news-service owner Nubt II announced the beginning of TNP's first live television network, which is more like a picture addition to the main newspaper, The North Pacific Today. However, many officials from inside the company dislike the new buildup, saying that the building of the new company's headquarters, maintaining the channel, and adding live news would cost the company too much, beyond it's capacity, which provides to be true, as TNPBC's new headquarters alone cost the company MP 26,000,000 (Mortipalian Pounds), or $59,600,000 (United States Dollars); besides the company risking even more money for the new Propaganda News Weekly deal. So what do you think? Be sure to interact on our thread and post! As for me, this is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The North Pacific Broadcasting Corporation Headquarters, Magicality City, The North Pacific.

The North Pacific Today is Now Hiring! We Are Also Looking For Contributers & Volunteers!

BE SURE TO PARTICIPATE ON OUR THREAD! SPECIAL THANKS TO @Sir Kasto FOR LIKING OUR POSTS!

59 million? I'm raising the price of PNW to 13.75
Just for you, as a special deal, I'm raising my bet to 13.20 (million in the RP world), I can't go any higher than that. Agreed? BTW, being in the news industry for 4 years, this is really high for a RP newspaper. Below, are listed the cards I'll send you, provided you agree.

The Rhein States (S1) - 7.00 Market Value
Sensei Island (S2) - 5.00 Market Value
Pyagnia (S2) - 1.20 Market Value

Thanks,
-Nubt

P.S. Provided you agree, do I send the cards to MonkeMafiaTopia?

The Executive Council of The North Pacific Today just launched a executive order removing French Austria from his rank as Vice-Editor of the news service, after mass allegations/complaints of corruption, besides his long history as a spammer in the region of France. More details on this story will follow on Issue 1-P, along with the story of the WA's new Transgender Self Determination Act (authored by Tinhampton). Also coming up, if a deal is struck regarding PNW, we will re-instate it as a RP newspaper, with lots of fun, nerdy stories, along with a surprise of who will administrate the newspaper newly! Stay tuned, and see you there!

-Nubt II

Just for you, as a special deal, I'm raising my bet to 13.20 (million in the RP world), I can't go any higher than that. Agreed? BTW, being in the news industry for 4 years, this is really high for a RP newspaper. Below, are listed the cards I'll send you, provided you agree.

The Rhein States (S1) - 7.00 Market Value
Sensei Island (S2) - 5.00 Market Value
Pyagnia (S2) - 1.20 Market Value

Thanks,
-Nubt

P.S. Provided you agree, do I send the cards to MonkeMafiaTopia?
nah send me subway, i need my daily meatball on italian herbs and cheese express post so there's a bit less mould on it

After multiple suggestions, I have decided to add a meme of the day to our newspapers. Please like this post if you support this movement!

Meme(s) of The Day! (10/3/21)

Normal Teacher VS. Enthusiastic Teacher*

A classmate named Annie accidentally slips and falls on the floor.

Normal Teacher: "Annie, are you alright? Are you hurt?"

Enthusiastic Teacher (imitates Michael Jackson in Smooth Criminal): "Annie, are you okay? So, Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?"

OIP.GbUE_O_SJ0GPBlvezSPUTwHaHT
R.ef6fba4babfc01dcfb1410c0f56c0475
OIP.xjdvcwWzaLIc4HICDTCkVQHaH3

*(Credit for meme #1 goes to @Tringapore!)

After multiple suggestions, I have decided to add a meme of the day to our newspapers. Please like this post if you support this movement!

Enthusiastic Teacher (imitates Michael Jackson in Smooth Criminal): "Annie, are you okay? So, Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?"

P.S. If you post a good enough meme on the forums/RMB, we see it, and our critiques like it; we'll try and bring it up as meme of the day!

The Executive Council of The North Pacific Today just launched a executive order removing French Austria from his rank as Vice-Editor of the news service, after mass allegations/complaints of corruption, besides his long history as a spammer in the region of France. More details on this story will follow on Issue 1-P, along with the story of the WA's new Transgender Self Determination Act (authored by Tinhampton). Also coming up, if a deal is struck regarding PNW, we will re-instate it as a RP newspaper, with lots of fun, nerdy stories, along with a surprise of who will administrate the newspaper newly! Stay tuned, and see you there!

-Nubt II
Also coming up, is a special interview with Vice-Delegate @Sir Kasto, and a new "Meme of The Day" Program.

LMAO

The North Pacific Today
"Proudly, TNP's Largest, And Most Viewed News/Media Source"

VICE-EDITOR: Peylikz
ISSUE 1-P
10/4/2021

Interview With Vice-Delegate Sir Kasto!

(INTERVIEW / NEWS / NS ) 4:35 EST, The North Pacific Today Headquarters, Magicality City, The North Pacific. Good morning, readers! This is Nubt II reporting live from The North Pacific Today Headquarters, Magicality City, The North Pacific. Most of you probably already know a lot about me. But do you know a lot about our guest? Here is a little re-cap on Mr. Kasto. Sir Kasto won the September General Election, with the position of Vice-Delegate, by a wide margin of 36 votes (against Lord Dominator, and Blue Wolf II--respectably--). He also previously served as Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, WA Affairs, Foreign Affairs, Culture, and Radio. Along with his spectacular terms as Ambassador to THTHI, and Balder, while loyally serving as a soldier in the NPA, and a NBS Staff member. So before I take much of your time, you can see the interview below:
Nubt II: Hello Sir Kasto, how are you lately?
Sir Kasto: I am doing pretty good. Excited to be here.
Nubt II: Glad to hear that! It's poring here in Indiana. So, first things first, where you surprised at your election as Vice-Delegate?
Sir Kasto: I was quite surprised that I even got 1 vote.
Nubt II: Wow, but what even what motivated you to run this election?
Sir Kasto: The power. I am just kidding of course. I was motivated to be TNPs Number One Public Servant.
Nubt II: It's always an honor to serve as a public servant here in TNP. But many people think the Vice-Delegate's office has been isolated from ordinary TNPers on the RMB for years now, if elected, what will you do to get ordinary TNPers to now, and hopefully participate in their government?
Sir Kasto: I am always thinking of new ways to get the people involved rather than just inform.
Nubt II: That's sounds like a good strategy, but lots of people have questions on your experience, how's your experience related to the Vice-Delegate's office, and how can it benefit you, and ordinary TNPers?
Sir Kasto: I have been everywhere and I have seen a lot. I am pretty much a dedicated public servant so yeah.
Nubt II: So do you plan to run next for another term?
Sir Kasto: I am planning on running against Madjack in the delegate race for the next term
Nubt II: Okay, this is the last question, who was your biggest mentor/guide in TNP?
Sir Kasto: @Honeydewistan is the best mentor that I have had. They helped me with my VD campaign.
Nubt II: Thanks for being with me Sir Kasto, me and our readers really appreciate it! This is Nubt II, reporting for The North Pacific Today.
We hope you enjoyed this interview, and be sure to like and interact on our thread(s). As for me, this is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The North Pacific Today Headquarters, Magicality City, The North Pacific.

French Austria Fired, Convicted As Vice-Editor!

(NEWS / LOCAL / RP / TNP NEWS / TNP) 6:00 EST, Mortipalian Circuit Court 129, Apalasia, Mortipal, The North Pacific. Where we stand right now, Mortipalian Circuit Court 129, Former The North Pacific Today Vice-Editor was convicted and charged with a Level 2 felony. French Austria was originally appointed as Vice-Editor after former Vice-Editor Trolzakia resigned from the position, due to his retirement. French Austria was later found to have abused his power as Vice-Editor, and Manager of The East Pacific Today (formerly/disbanded) to earn personal benefits, favors, and international artwork. French Austria was also later found to be a widely-known spammer in the region of France, where he became notorious for obnoxious and offensive posts, where it got to the level of moderation-intervention. It was also found that he had a long history of World Assembly cheating, where it got to the point that moderators banned him from joining the WA. Judge Sean-Peter Laftoreza was judging the case, while French Austria’s defensive attorney, one of the most popular in Mortipal, Jovanie Ayala, haplessly failed to defend the convict, while prosecutor Maxwell A. Hunsche successfully convicted. French Austria was also ordered to pay a fine of MP60,000 ($230,000) besides his 11 years in prison, to The North Pacific Today News Network, Inc. because of the company’s financial loss under his reign. This is The North Pacific Today, reporting from Mortipalian Circuit Court 129, Apalasia, Mortipal, The North Pacific.

Nubt II, Monkemafiatopia, Fail To Reach Deal Over Propaganda News Weekly!

(NEWS / RP / MINI-STORY) 5:39 EST, The North Pacific Today Headquarters, Magicality City, The North Pacific. After this story made headlines, it died down as quick as it began. After Nubt II showed interest in buying PNW, a original price-tag of 12.00 (million) was put. Nubt II haggled down the price immensely to 0.12, where Monkemafiatopia disagreed. And so, the price-tag was reset to 12.00, after Issue 1-N of The North Pacific Today came out, and Monkemafiatopia found out that the company spent an enormous amount on TNPBC's new headquarters (MP26,000,000 / $59,000,000), he immediately raised the price-tag to 13.75, on which Nubt II disagreed, and yet again, haggled, this time to 13.20, on which both sides agreed. However, in a last-minute
decision, Monkemafiatopia decided not to sell the company, a decision that Nubt II disliked, saying "If he doesn't want to sell, it's his choice, and I respect that choice, but he should've told us earlier...". What do you think? Be sure to like and interact on our threads! As for me, this is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The North Pacific Today Headquarters, Magicality City, The North Pacific.

Transgender Self-Determination Act Almost Certain To Pass In The General Assembly!*

(WA / GA / NEWS / NS / NS NEWS) 5:50 EST The General Assembly, The World Assembly Headquarters, NationStates Capital, NationStates. Recently, Tinhampton authored a new act, the Transgender Self-Determination Act. As it's name explains, this act obviously, has to do with LGBTQ+ rights; which is a very controversial topic among NSers, and TNPers. However, our analysts here at The North Pacific Today expected this to be just like previous WA resolutions (GA Resolutions 91, 457, 467, and 571), which permitted gender-transitional surgeries. However this act will enforce acceptance and access of Transgender Hormone Therapy in all WA-member states. Or for a more accurate summary, Minister of World Assembly Affairs summarized the proposal, saying "This resolution aims to prohibit member states from restricting those within their jurisdiction from changing their gender identity except where member states may establish a "reasonable time period" after one changes their gender identity where additional changes cannot legally take effect. It also requires member states to ensure that gender identity changes not be made where the free and informed consent of the person whose gender is to be changed is not present. Finally, the resolution requires member states and their government or government funded institutions to respect the gender identity, preferred pronouns, and preferred names of those who may interact with them." The proposal is moving very swiftly in the GA (regarding votes), however there was a lot of harsh opposition, and even questioning to the proposal on the forum debates, such as ShrewLlamaLand, who is also a Delegate of CoCD (Confederation of Corrupt Dictators), had this to say, "I fail to see how this does anything not covered by GA#457.", and another example of this is Arraraukar, who had this to say, "Also, is this really necessary? Is there a resolution that otherwise allows member nations to tell people what gender they are? Or what's the issue you're trying to fix? Passing superfluous (even if for some reason they were not illegal) resolutions on this topic is just going to irritate the transphobic elements in WA more, and we don't really need any more negative attention, thankyouverymuch.". Another surprising reply was Gesmagro, who had this to say, "This probably isn't the reasoning you were expecting, and I want to state unequivocally I don't ask this out of any opposition to transgender rights. I myself am a transgender woman, and I ask this for a combination of two reasons: this proposal is ineffective and doesn't actually accomplish anything, and further, that every time a trans-positive proposal passes, we see the transphobes come out of the woodwork spreading transphobic views and trying to repeal it. The recent passage of GA#571 "Access To Transgender Hormone Therapy" is a perfect example - transphobic voices were heard sitewide, and even though in this case GA#571 was an excellent proposal mandating cruicial protections that passed with a healthy margin, dozens of repeal attempts were made against it over the next month." However, you're probably eager to see the major Delegate's votes, and here they are!
FOR:

- Francois Isidore (926 Votes / TNP)
- Amerion (768 Votes / TSP)

- Dilber (532 Votes / TWP)
- Kethania (383 Votes / TCB)
- Wischland (374 Votes / 10KI)
- North East Somerset (284 Votes / Balder)
- Treadwellia (256 / Lazarus)
- Duby (231 Votes / Conch Kingdom)
- Primorye Oblast ( 230 Votes / Europeia)
- Brototh (144 Votes / Thaecia)
- TESDAI (143 Votes / Lands End)
- Bearded Dragones (115 Votes / Cape of Good Hope)
- Mikeswill (46 Votes / NationStates)
AGAINST:
- The Altae Isles (594 Votes / TEP)
- Agalaesia (202 Votes / TRR)
- ShrewLlamaLand (95 Votes / Confederation of Corrupt Dictators)
- Sylh Alanor (59 Votes / Refugia)
- Octal (47 Votes / Capitalist Paradise)
- Sanctaria (27 Votes / International Democratic Union)
- NewTexas (23 Votes / Texas)
So what do you think? Be sure to like and interact on our thread. As for me, this is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The General Assembly, The World Assembly Headquarters, NationStates Capital, NationStates.

*This Proposal Is Currently Passing The General Assembly By A Vote Of 11,110 to 3,167 (77.7% vs 22.3%)

BE SURE TO PARTICIPATE ON OUR THREAD! SPECIAL THANKS TO @Sir Kasto, @Tringapore, @Katuda, AND @Monkemafiatopia FOR LIKING AND INTERACTING ON OUR THREADS!

Last edited:
Good Day, Readers!
You are probably so impressed and overrun with the amount of additions I've made to this most glorious news service. But one more important one is to come...
Behold...
The North Pacific Today TNPers Of The Week Award!
Of course, you're excited! Right? Am I alone on this? Anyways, before we start the first awards ceremony, I'd like to show you the rules, as stated below:

• There can only be 3 persons of the week in each ceremony.
  • Each ceremony can be declared in any day of the coming week, as long as it isn't in the same week.
  • You can decline the award, on which we will crown someone else.
  • Only @Nubt II of Mortipal and all member's of The North Pacific Today's executive council may choose the winners.
  • We take suggestions. However, we might implement them, and we might not.
Sounds, cool right? Are you ready? Are you sure? Let's crown some winners!

Last edited:
Back