January Report - 2/5/2021

DGES

Mostly Harmless
-
iAlKaxgXum747xJHhSYVcHMF-2EiTEF-yHR4dqFeBlDJEsdEB4QUWF9jeALRrKSE-10NqoR9-g6CEsjQ9qyRnSRN7HCw8zjOF55Mu_n2ODa_9R-4lEyW6PaQPTn_bd5esWdmZpK9

Ministry of Cards Office - End-of-January Report 2/5/2021​

Citizens,

The time in which I have spent communicating with you all has been relatively few and far between. This is not out of some weird form of stage fright or anything, but it’s due to the fact that RL studies seem to have eaten much of my regular time. However, allow me to assure you that things are in the process of being completed - some even already being done in some regard. Whenever I’ve had time to actually log on to NationStates, it has almost always been done for the sake of contributing to The North Pacific, and what I am about to detail will summarize as to what has occurred over the course of January.

Administrative Tasks

All of the previous users I appointed this term (i.e. @9003, @Noah's Second Country , and @r3naissanc3r) continue to serve as deputies. 9003 particularly aids in providing much-needed financial support for the Guild subservient to the Ministry of Cards, while Noah offers advice that allows me to make decisions that would potentially benefit MoCa in a situation the most. And of course, r3n’s stockpile of cards they gathered on TNL continues to be the backbone of the majority of TNP’s card programs.

Overall, administration seems to be faring adequately as of this moment.

Key Projects Completed

A few internal issues regarding TNP’s card programs arose during this term; this forced much of the ministry’s time to be devoted to mitigating + resolving those before the tasks we wished to complete this term were to be completed. That being said, several projects were finished (though could further be improved) within the Ministry of Cards:

Having Regular MoCa Staffers Oversee the Guild’s Programs

As of now, we have new users taking the reins of the Guild’s programs. Due to the relative infrequency in which you see threads relating to the Guild being posted, it might be hard to tell initially as to who is managing them at the moment. Currently, we have @North Pacific UPC posting our monthly pull event threads, while another (or perhaps the same) user is likely to do the same for our monthly collection competition threads. Taking away the usual burden that the MoCa leadership has with regards to these threads was our primary objective when assigning our staffers to manage the threads, and we will see about further expanding what they are to manage going forward.

Producing a Card Awards Competition

Behind the scenes, leaders of MoCa were brainstorming as to how a form of Card Awards competition could be run. From what I’ve seen, this project seems to be largely finished, and the only thing preventing us from actually releasing it to the public is the fact that it will be done during an event that we will detail in the “Projects Partially Completed” section.

As a side note: due to Season 3 still not being released at the time this report was released, any projects we were originally planning to accommodate the upcoming season (most importantly the WADP cards rewards adjustments) have been designated as low priority until further notice.

Partially Completed Projects

Several things are currently in the works as of now. Most of the ministry's work is currently focused on what will be listed as followed:

Hosting a Cards Symposium

Planning for this event has largely been completed within the last month, and it's currently a matter of writing the dispatches detailing the entire Symposium that we are currently progressing on. It is currently scheduled to occur near the end of this month, and multiple card events + lectures from card players (particularly card players outside of The North Pacific) will be taking place within the duration of the Symposium.

This was one of the major items in which we are to finish this term, so we're currently prioritizing its completion over everything else.

Amending the North Pacific Cards Guild Charter

An amendment process has been drafted and is expected to be presented to the entire Guild for approval. It will admittedly be quite lengthy, but this is to ensure that any additional rules to-be are what users generally agree with. I will be posting a thread to vote upon the measure within the next few days.

Projects for the Next Month

The items partially completed last month will naturally be prioritized. However, several additional things will also be focused on for this period:

Revamping and Expanding the Executive Card Rewards

The ECR program was unfortunately put on temporary hiatus while MoCa was addressing the initial + internal problems during the start of this term. Going forward, I will be contacting all ministries in order to refine their ministerial card programs for their staffers, as well as possibly getting them to advertise said programs to a wider audience.

Chip Away at the Future Card Development Program

Progress within this item of our agenda is still in its fledgling stage. We currently have a WIP outline detailing how the CDP can function, but much more time will be required in order to see the full release of this project (possibly even requiring another term entirely in order to see the program become fully realized).

Particularly due to the time needed to finish it, any MoCa staff member is currently able to directly affect how the CDP functions, so we hope that this amount of flexibility will lead to the finished product being more well-received.

Overall, things seem to be progressing at a reasonable pace within the Ministry of Cards. One major item in our agenda is (for the most part) completed, and we expect another item to follow shortly by sometime this month. Additionally, several smaller objectives have been finished or are likely to be finished as well.

Thank you to all who have aided in the ministry’s growth so far, and this concludes the monthly report on MoCa’s progress.[/U][/U]

• DGES, Minister of Cards of The North Pacific

Last edited:
Back