Mafia: Round 2

Praetor

Hoppin' Around
TNP Nation
Praeceps
Discord
Praetor#6889
Welcome to Round 2 of Mafia! Instructions (and rules) can be found here on how to play. Roles are currently in the process of being sent out (in the event that . In the event that you have not received one, please message me as soon as possible.

In this game there are the following roles:
1 Godfather
1 Mafia Roleblocker
2 Mafia Goons
1 Mayor
1 Doctor
1 Detective
1 Vigilante
1 Stalker
3 Town Members

The players are:
  1. @Bobberino Godfather
  2. @hokkadio Town Member
  3. @Vivanco Stalker
  4. @Vander toferd Mafia
  5. @Arichia Mafia Roleblocker
  6. @Gorundu Mayor, MODKILLED
  7. @Imperial Pieserged Town Member
  8. @Comfed Detective
  9. @animuplace Doctor
  10. @OuterGalacticBankingClan Town Member
  11. @Morning Sunshine Mafia, MODKILLED
  12. @Caffeinetopia Vigilante
Days will last for 72 hours, a majority of votes for one player will result in the day ending immediately. Nights will last for 48 hours or until all players with an action submit an action (or indicate they do not want to use their action). Days or nights may run slightly longer than the earliest time for them to end depending on my availability to process events.

Have fun and try not to die!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, nice to meet you all!
I brought enough coffee for everyone.
depositphotos_44622551-stock-photo-lots-of-coffee-cups.jpg

I'm mulling it over, everyone tell me what you think about this: We all claim our roles.

We already know what all the roles are, so everyone claiming will produce 1) people who we know MUST be Town and 2) pools of suspects to either vote off or investigate from.

For example, if all the Mafia claim to be Town Members then that means everyone who claimed a special role has to be town. Voting out one of the claimed Town Members then gives a 4/7 chance of hitting Mafia (more than half!). Mafia claiming to be special roles would produce a similar effect, and give at LEAST a one-half chance of hitting mafia if we elected to choose between them.

The Mafia Roleblocker ability may or may not be a bit of a complicating factor, I'll have to think about that a little more but it might not matter.

The Mafia Roleblocker ability may or may not be a bit of a complicating factor, I'll have to think about that a little more but it might not matter.
Honestly, I don't really find the roleblocker that big of a deal. The mafia only knows who is in the mafia (and thus who isn't). The roleblocker stops special actions, not votes. The doctor, detective, and the vigilante are the only people with those roles, and they can only stop one person a night. The godfather is a much bigger concern, they can order someone to kill a villager, and they know who is a villager and who isn't. (Oh, and thanks for the coffee)

Last edited:
You should also be careful about what you say to others. Saying your the vigilante makes you an easy target for the mafia. The mafia doesn't even need to kill that many people. Just enough to outnumber villagers.

Honestly, I don't really find the roleblocker that big of a deal. The mafia only knows who is in the mafia (and thus who isn't). The roleblocker stops special actions, not votes. The doctor, detective, and the vigilante are the only people with those roles, and they can only stop one person a night. The godfather is a much bigger concern, they can order someone to kill a villager, and they know who is a villager and who isn't. (Oh, and thanks for the coffee)
Alright! I'll keep that in mind.
What do you think of the idea of everyone claiming, though? Just overall?

Alright! I'll keep that in mind.
What do you think of the idea of everyone claiming, though? Just overall?
i think the doctor shouldn't say there role since they could save the detective if he/she said his/her role and the mafia could kill them

Last edited:
*Claiming their role. Yes, you got it!
I'm not entirely sure though. Not sure if you saw yet, but:
You should also be careful about what you say to others. Saying your the vigilante makes you an easy target for the mafia. The mafia doesn't even need to kill that many people. Just enough to outnumber villagers.
i think the doctor shouldn't say there role since they could save the detective if he/she said his/her role and the mafia could kill them
Saying your something special means the mafia will target you next, and you'll probably be killed. We could all say we're town members to avoid attention, but that's not helping anyone but the mafia. If there's something I'm missing, feel free to tell me.

Last edited:

Saying your something special means the mafia will target you next, and you'll probably be killed. We could all say we're town members to avoid attention, but that's not helping anyone but the mafia. If there's something I'm missing, feel free to tell me.
i think we shoudnt claim

I'm mulling it over, everyone tell me what you think about this: We all claim our roles.

We already know what all the roles are, so everyone claiming will produce 1) people who we know MUST be Town and 2) pools of suspects to either vote off or investigate from.

For example, if all the Mafia claim to be Town Members then that means everyone who claimed a special role has to be town. Voting out one of the claimed Town Members then gives a 4/7 chance of hitting Mafia (more than half!). Mafia claiming to be special roles would produce a similar effect, and give at LEAST a one-half chance of hitting mafia if we elected to choose between them.

i think we shoudnt claim
the new r0Ies wiII heIp but hurt us at same time

Last edited:
I like more the roleplaying factor than the claiming factor. And when the game popped up, there was no talk of claiming (if there was, I wouldnt have signed in)

We're about halfway thru the day and only a few people have even checked in.
Would an extension on the length of the day be possible?

On mobile so not quoting but I saw someone said something about roleplaying. Go ahead and roleplay by all means! Personally, my first instinct is to talk thru strategy since we're playing a game but please don't let that inhibit you. A big part of the reason I joined the game was to meet some of the people in this region so whatever you have to write I'd love to read it. :]

I currently have 4 votes registered for a No Lynch. 7 votes for a singular person or for a No Lynch are needed to immediately end the day and proceed to the night phase with under 36 hours until the end of the day.
When I send out roles, I ask that everyone confirms their recipience, based on the number of replies that I have had to me sending the role messages, I currently am not concerned that players are inactive. Additionally, I am not inclined to provide an extension especially as this is the first day (and is generally inconsequential).

I don't see anything to discuss, other than what Caffeinetopia said.
k
Vote: No Lynch
yay u sp0ken here
vote: no lynching
s0 h0w u been?
Vote : No One
s0 h0w u are?

On mobile so not quoting but I saw someone said something about roleplaying. Go ahead and roleplay by all means! Personally, my first instinct is to talk thru strategy since we're playing a game but please don't let that inhibit you. A big part of the reason I joined the game was to meet some of the people in this region so whatever you have to write I'd love to read it. :]

w0w why weren't u in mafia r0und 1 u w0uId made it interesting
vote:no one
no one is suspicious
same here

Last edited:
The villagers walked away from the town square and into their individual houses taking care to lock their doors carefully as they went to sleep. When the moon was highest, if one listened carefully one could hear the quiet clicking of locks being undone and doors being carefully slid open. A figure slunk across the town square and to @OuterGalacticBankingClan's house, the figure tried turning the handle of the door only to find that the door was locked. Sliding around the house, they spotted an open window and crept in.

In the morning, when the sun was rising and the birds were chirping the Town members gathered to discuss amongst themselves who was the mafia. Quickly, it was realized that there was a member missing from the circle. Breaking down the missing member's door, the group crowded into the bedroom to find a dead body. An investigation of their belongings determined that @OuterGalacticBankingClan was a Town Member.

With the first death in the town, the remaining villagers looked at each other carefully, hoping to find who amongst themselves could have done such a heinous deed.

There are 72 hours (or until there are a majority of votes for one option) before lynching occurs.

Back