The Unholy Throne [Ianius] (invite if I need you)

Ianmey7

TNPer
The High Priest looked upon his congregation:

"Brothers, I come to thee with a message. The Dark One, he who is confined to the tombs calls upon us to act. He also tells us that sacrifice needs to be made, blood must be spilled in order to maintain strength. While I know that all members, all brothers are willing to die for our lord. I must tell the brothers of the faith no. The blood will come from the Shann-Ron, one of them has shown cowardice so vile, so shameful that he must be killed. This warrior has been apprehended and will now be brought in."

From an arched hallway several members of the Shann-Ron come out of the darkness they were carrying a stone table on top there was a screaming and writhing Sakari bound to the table his screaming was echoing through the room where all the members of the Cult sat and watched. As the precession entered the room the cultists began to chant. Their Chants drowned out the screams, the deep voices projected through their armor. The chanting went as:

"Shin-re Nudur umdur cala truma, umdur cal shri." (The Universe started with darkness, and we will return darkness to it)

The stone table was placed in front of the high priest and the Shann-Ron who brought it out bowed and retreated to the hallway and back to their section of the massive sermon room. The Priest looked at the creature bound to the table and lifted his hands up to the crowd, they all went silent.

"Cowardice is the plague that must be extinguished. This wretch has committed such a vile heresy that our lord has deemed him fit to die, but through his death he will find salvation. His blood will spill to save him from the pain of what his brothers would do to him. I say we give him a moment to enjoy this final images of life, they are so much more vibrant than the darkness that awaits him. We understand that the universe began in darkness, we understand that all beings return to the darkness these Shann-Ron do not understand. They are creatures that have nothing but animalistic feelings in their souls, such things that the brotherhood must extinguish in our ranks. You are beings born throughout the sector, throughout the galaxy you joined because you are strong. Now look what happens to the weak." He dropped his hands down and slammed them on the stone table. At this signal a woman came out of the shadows, she was carrying a knife that was made of a gold and black metal. When she handed the priest the knife she bowed and walked back into the shadows, the priest then took the knife and raised it up above his head. "I now bring this wretches blood to bear for the world to see, so that such a heresy may be prevented in the future!"

The High priest plunged his knife downwards and into the Shann-Ron its screams could be heard throughout the sanctum. Its blood flowed down through the creases in the table and following channels in the floor until it entered a pit where it was funneled into the tomb of the Dark one, the founder of the order a dark red glow came up from the pit. With this the Shann-Ron funneled out of the chamber, then the brothers. All that was left was the High priest and the War archon, he looked at the high priest and began:

"If the dark one is going to be honored call for a black crusade, the men are getting restless. Many new empires are in our sector and they have little knowledge of us, the Gensi are the only people who are sure of our existence. Any attack that we made would be completely by surprise such an assault would devastate any empire that we hit. The brothers call for blood, the brothers want conquest even plunder. I do not know why we don't use our hidden status to jump out on the weaklings. I-"

"War Archon I must stop you there, I will handle the religious aspect of things. When the dark one calls for us to act then we will act, now I implore you go back to your men. Prepare them for what will come, your armies will be needed at some point brother. May the darkness guide you in your journey."

The war Archon stopped and bowed, he walked away and it was clear to see that he was angry with the conversation, he felt that nothing had been accomplished. The war archon then moved into the grand hall where food was being served and he sat at the table of Salkun (Leaders). He began to eat his meal while brewing in anger at allowing the weak to continue when his brotherhood could bring them down.

Last edited:
Back