Special Event - Ministry of Cards Motto Nominations

DGES

Mostly Harmless
-
Attention to all Card Guild members and regular citizens,

As you might've heard before, the presence of cards in The North Pacific have recently been elevated to that of its own ministry!

...to help officiate this process, however, this ministry is in dire need of its own seal to better represent the interests of cards within this region!

While the coat of arms is exactly the same per ministry seal (and the words above the coat of arms are guaranteed to be "The North Pacific Cards Ministry"), the motto at the very bottom of each seal differs significantly in meaning:

dt3g9ZH.png

Therefore, we, the Ministry of Cards, need your help in determining the very motto in which our newly-created organization will use until the very end of time! :O

Any nation who is a citizen - barring special circumstances - may nominate (in this thread) one motto (for example, something like "Strength through Prosperity") to be used for the ministry, and the winning one will be appropriately translated to its Latin phrase and placed upon our future-to-be seal :squee:

Reward for having your motto chosen: the much-desired card of Testlandia (any season) - gifted by The Northern Light.

Nominations open starting today and will end on 9/27/2020 at 11:59 P.M. CST. Voting will then commence on a Gameside poll after the nomination period ends.

The very future of our motto rests on the hands of YOU, citizens! Make sure to make your submissions count - for the sake of us along with TNP's entire standing with regards to cards! :queen:

:tnp:

Last edited:
This is definitely a cool way to define the motto. I also like that you cited the Ministry of Radio as an example of a good motto.

When I do think of something good, I'll edit my post and put it here:

Proposed motto:

"From the Same Iron"- because pull events are fun and cards unite people over a common purpose, blah blah blah.

Edit: "ab ipso ferro" is the Latin translation, I think.

Last edited:
I will go with "unius artis unum amicitia" to match the other latin mottos, though it would have to be checked for grammatics.

It roughly translates to "One trade, one friendship" to show the communal nature that a single card trade can contribute to. I think it highlights the two most important aspects of this infant ministry which is trading cards and growing closer together through that pursuit.

Last edited:
"Passion for Print"
"In Big Farma We Trust"
"Free Cards!"

"The Card Maven Haven"

Doesn't really work in Latin though

This makes literally no sense, but here's my motto,
English: Out of Many, We Have the Cards
Latin: E Pluribus Habemus Cards

Last edited:
"To Collect and To Serve".
Translated "Colligere et Servire"
Or "Colligendo Servamus"

Last edited:
"The More The Merrier" which (I think) translates to: "eo magis in iocata"

This applies to more cards, more programs, more Guild members, etc.! The more, the better! :D

I’m not sure if I’m a citizen yet, but I’d like to submit “seeking masterpieces”, which I believe translates to “magisteriis quaeritis” — very cool sounding.

Last edited:
Thanks to all who made a submission!

Voting is now up to decide which motto the ministry will be going with. Due to the sheer amount of submissions made, there will be 2 preliminary polls that will select the best motto submissions made by the users here, after which a final poll will be made to select the winning motto (to be used by the Ministry) out of the ones that advanced from the preliminaries.

If you are a WA resident, you're currently eligible to vote in any of these polls going forward. Here's the first preliminary poll if you need a link: https://www.nationstates.net/page=poll/p=164022

Hope to see what motto's chosen! And which user wins the Testlandia

Back