Highton

Not a Malorian vassal
TNP Nation
Highton Islands
Discord
Highton#5752
moce_seal.png

End of Term Report - September 2020

We have reached the end of another term in the North Pacific. For the Ministry of Culture, it has been a largely successful term. Though the necessary leadership changes at the end of the term were certainly not ideal, that should not take away from the fact that we accomplished many goals throughout the last four months.

One primary accomplishment was publishing a pair of issues for the Roleplay Reel. Over the years there have been numerous attempts by the ministry to create a publication to highlight our excellent roleplay community in TNP, and I am proud that the Roleplay Reel has proved a very successful iteration of this trend. I’d like to thank the team that helped put that together, namely @Yamantau Em, @Kasu, @Haven, @Lotion, @Vapia, @North Timistania, and @Prydania, as well as all the contributors.

We also completed the Pacific-Con event, which was held back in May and was an excellent opportunity to work with other regions. The event was a success, and I’d like to thank everyone who participated as well as @Prydania and those from the other regions who also made the event possible.

I need to thank my deputy minister, @Praetor, as always for his excellent work this term with regards to the Cards Guild. In late August the Ministry was also involved in creating the Social Deduction Games (SDG) subforum in the games and arts section, as part of our initiative to revitalize TNP Games, and this should be a welcome addition to the TNP forum.

This June and July we launched two enormously successful RP sports events; the first-ever Odinspyl event on the forum, and the second annual FIDAC World Cup on the RMB. I’d specifically like to thank everyone who made the Odinspyl possible -- @Goyanes, @Andrenne, @Demescia, and @Prydania -- as the challenges of organizing an event of its magnitude were plentiful. We learned a lot from the event, and it should help make all future RP sporting events even better. The Odinspyl is an idea which has been floated around for over three years… over a year before I was even involved in TNPRP, and this is yet another reason I am proud of the work we did to finally make it happen.

Thank you to @Yalkan for taking up the position of Deputy Minister for the last few days of the term to help complete the job :P

Finally, I’d like to thank Delegate @Prydania for his excellent work throughout his term. I’d also like to thank the Delegate for the opportunity to take over the position of Minister of Culture, albeit in unfortunate circumstances. His support of the Ministry has been a massive part of making this term a success.

~ Highton
Minister of Culture

Last edited by a moderator:
The circumstances of your appointment may have been less than fortunate, but that in no way detracts from the quality of the job you performed. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back