-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
The Delegate:
Mr. Speaker @St George I am nominating @Cretox State and @BMWSurfer to the Election Commission.
The Rt Honourable Delegate has nominated Cretox State and BWMSurfer to the Election Commission. I now open the floor for debate and discussion on the nominations. I would welcome a statement in support of the nomination from @Prydania

I would ask for the Speaker to talk about his impressions of Cretox during his term as Deputy Speaker.

No objections to either nominee.

Cretox has been doing great lately and I have no doubt that they’ll be able to serve well as an Election Commisioner, and BMW has a history of service to the region. Support.

What fast food company makes the best french fries and why? Keep in mind your answer hinges on how I vote (not really, I'm voting for y'all either way).

What fast food company makes the best french fries and why? Keep in mind your answer hinges on how I vote (not really, I'm voting for y'all either way).
I'm afraid I cannot answer this question, given that fast food companies make Freedom Fries, not french fries. Anything else is an attack on our great region and its values.

I personally trust these two to perform their tasks in the EC admirably, if they were to be chosen.

I think both of these nominees will be great! That said I am only voting for whoever can answer this question correctly: "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

We all know that Wendy's has the superior french fries.

I think both of these nominees will be great! That said I am only voting for whoever can answer this question correctly: "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"
Science will tell you the egg came first, but chickens are the best, so I think the chicken came before the egg.

The egg, of course. Avian species have used eggs to gestate offspring long before chickens existed as a species.

Unless we're talking about chickens vs. chicken eggs. In that case, an almost-chicken animal would have produced an egg containing the first chicken due to a small genetic mutation. So an almost-chicken would lay a chicken egg that would hatch a chicken, meaning that the egg came first. Of course, this hinges on whether the "chicken" in "chicken egg" refers to the animal inside or the animal producing it.

There was an interesting study done on whether chicken eggs or chickens came first. Basically, chicken eggshells are mostly made of calcium carbonate. Hens rely on specific proteins to enable the depositing of CaCO3, one of which is only found in the ovary of a chicken. So in this case, either the chicken came first, or a slightly mutated proto-chicken with that specific protein gave rise to slightly mutated descendants that were chickens.

Edit: Even if someone says that life starts at conception (wink wink), chicken zygotes are still housed in the egg. If someone says that God created chickens, they still had to hatch from eggs (which He also created, QED). Nice try.

Last edited:
I would ask for the Speaker to talk about his impressions of Cretox during his term as Deputy Speaker.
Whilst I'll be abstaining on the vote due to my own policy that the Speaker should only ever vote one way or another in exceptional circumstances, that's one of the words I'd use to describe Cretox - exceptional. Since coming into the office he's been enthusiastic, willing to learn on the go and incredibly dedicated to getting checks done and ensuring the rolls are kept updated with new citizens.

Any issues that might crop up with him are dealt with in a mature, collaborative manner that shows his ability to work well in a team. There are big things in his future, I feel.

Also BMWSurfer is cool too.

Seeing as the two nominees have received overwhelming expressions of support and no objections or really even questions, I hope the Right Honourable Speaker wouldn't mind if I move this for a vote?

Back