-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
The Rt Honorable Delegate:
Mr. Speaker @St George I am nominating @Fregerson to the Election Commission.
The delegate has nominated @Fregerson as an Election Commissioner. I now open the floor for debate and discussion on the nomination. I would welcome a statement in support of the nomination from @Prydania.

Yes, but his term is expiring. So the Delegate has reappointed Fregerson to the Election Commission subject to confirmation by the Regional Assembly.

The Vice Delegate is correct.

To the Speaker's invitation...
I don't believe the EC is a body that requires much, if any, reinvention. They exist to keep the wheels of democracy turning, and they do a damn fine job at that. Fregerson has proven himself a capable member of the Commission and is eager to continue on.
I understand this isn't the most exciting reason, but I believe it's a solid reason in line with good governance. He knows the job. He does it well. He wishes to continue. I saw no reason not to re-appoint him, pending RA approval.

I concur with Prydania.

Fregerson seems to be a fine Election Commissioner who knows their role well and does a good job serving come election season. I see no reason as to why the Regional Assembly shouldn’t confirm their re-appointment.

Support.

Standard question 4b. Do you see your self running in any of the next three scheduled elections?

Standard question 4b. Do you see your self running in any of the next three scheduled elections?
Doubt I would. For now, I am thinking of getting more experience before contesting any of the elected roles. If that changes, it possibly might be towards the tail end of the next 6 months.

Seeing as discussion has died off, I am looking for a motion to vote and a second to that motion.

Back