TNP Nation
Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
ga.jpg

Repeal: "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"
Category: Repeal | GA #456
Proposed by: Honeydewistania | Onsite Topic

General Assembly Resolution #456 “Freedom to Seek Medical Care II” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly,

Acknowledging General Assembly Resolution 456, “Freedom to Seek Medical Care II”, as a resolution that permits people to seek medical care in foreign nations;

Troubled by the poor wording of Clause 4, which prohibits a member nation from taking legal action against its medical tourists except for those violating World Assembly law, which could allow such tourists to evade domestic justice;

Believing that creating a class of individuals who are exempt from vast swathes of law means that people they harm are unable to secure justice;

Convinced that a resolution with such a blatant disregard for the national laws of member nations should not be enacted by this assembly;

Hereby repeals General Assembly Resolution 456, "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II".
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]10[/TD][TD]8[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

Last edited by a moderator:
If a citizen of a nation that is not well equipped to receive a life-saving medical treatment in their nation, they should be allowed to go elsewhere for it. Also personally, I don't think the Clause 4 is ill-worded. The only thing I would change is that the host nation should be allowed to bring legal actions if the person refuses to pay for the treatment, only if the treatment has already taken place.

If a citizen of a nation that is not well equipped to receive a life-saving medical treatment in their nation, they should be allowed to go elsewhere for it. Also personally, I don't think the Clause 4 is ill-worded. The only thing I would change is that the host nation should be allowed to bring legal actions if the person refuses to pay for the treatment, only if the treatment has already taken place.
Yes, that's why @Cretox State is writing a replacement so that people can get life-saving treatment.

I agree, Clause 4 is vague to the extent in which it could potentially compromise a nation's sovereignty. Only diplomats should be accorded such protections. As long as there's an appropriate replacement bill, this one should be repealed. For.

Last edited:
To resume an old tradition:

"Repeal: Freedom to Seek Medical Care II" was passed 14,055 votes to 2,353 (85.7%).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back