The human evolution of eras

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokkadio

shinjuku
the ancestors of the homo sapiens / humans evolved in different species. The species that the ancestor evolved into happened over hundreds or thousands of years. two of the species remained small compared to a human and the other two got as big as a human. the difference that the two got that became as big as humans are: in one species got point ears and live on average three times as long as the other these are called elves. the other turned into homo sapiens / humans . the two little ones evolved in Homo floresiensis / hafling and dwarfs. the appearance of the Homo floresiensis / hafling is the same as that of a human, but with a size of 0.8 to 1 meter the dwarf has a average size of 1.1 meters and are stockier than the homo sapiens / humans, elfs and Homo floresiensis / hafling. Dwarfs become 2.5 times as old as humans these are the 4 races that still live on eras the rest is already extinct

Homo floresiensis / hafling= 80 years
homo sapiens / humans= 80 years
elfs=240 years

length
dwarfs=1.1 meter
Homo floresiensis / hafling=1.55-1.9meter
homo sapiens / humans=0.8-1meter
elfs=1.55-1.9meter

b1z4b7nmyqio.png

Hi, Conclave Member here, I've volunteered to give the consensus on this proposal of yours. While the creation and addition of near-human and humanoid species has precedent within the setting of Eras, with the existence of Werewolves and Vampires (by Esplandia), the Aed Kaenë (by primarily myself and Felis), the Dubal Në (Syrixia), and the Aed Xììnkááł (myself) having been previously approved or grandfathered in by the Conclave, it does not give free reign to anyone who wishes to add races such as them of their own volition. All of the listed examples have had significant work put into explaining their place within the canon of their creator's nations and the setting of Eras at large, and make as much sense as possible for fantastical beings within a modern and (mostly) realistic setting.

This being considered, there are two primary issues with your proposal that stop it from being considered by the conclave. The first, and arguably most important, issue is that there is no worldbuilding going on within your proposal. Sure, you've given basic stats and explained where these races have come from, but why are they significant, both to your nation and to Eras at large? What are these "elves" and "dwarves" and "halflings" like? Do they each have their own culture or culture groups? What are they like if so? How would Eras become a richer and more in depth setting for both newcomers and veterans with the addition of these species? None of these questions are answered, so it leads me and other conclave members to suspect you want to add them only because your previous proposal was denied and you want to have something unique about your nation.

The second question is as follows: where is the community consensus regarding this? Do multiple people want it, or have expressed support of this proposal being canonized? Have you collaborated with anyone within the Eras RP community to design these races? Have you approached the conclave to ask for help and guidance on creating a species proposal? Myself and the other Conclave Members and even Moderation have seen no evidence of community consensus or cooperation regarding this proposal, and must then assume that there has been none. It is both recommended and highly beneficial to work with community members when attempting to establish something so significant as species history within a cooperative RP setting.

For these two main reasons, the Conclave sees no reason to accept this proposal or consider it further. Proposal Denied.

~Sodium

Last edited:
answers to your questions:
1a, but why are they significant, both to your nation and to Eras at large?
of all the species that evolved from the ancestors of the homo sapians / humans, this four (and the one you enumerated) are the only living species left. they are important because they survived on erass while on earth only the homo sapians / humans survived. and not everyone in my country (and maybe eras) is tall and this would explain why.
1b , What are these "elves" and "dwarves" and "halflings" like?
the appearance of the elves: grow as big as humans, have pointy ears and live and become 240 years old

the appearance of the dwarfs: grow to 1.1 meters and are stockier than the other 3 and live to be 200 years old

the appearance of Homo floresiensis / hafling: grow to 0.8 to 1 meter and otherwise they look the same as humans
1c, Do they each have their own culture or culture groups?
they do not necessarily have their own culture they live together with the humans and each other. together their have their own culture per: tribe, clan, region or nation
1d, What are they like if so?
they have the same culture as each other and of the humans per: tribe, clan, region or nation
1e, How would Eras become a richer and more in depth setting for both newcomers and veterans with the addition of these species?
with these species you can now also show the famyli homo why some have remained somewhat small and of stockier and others have pointy ears
2a, where is the community consensus regarding this?
there is none
2b, Do multiple people want it, or have expressed support of this proposal being canonized?
do not know if multipul people want it. and no one has expressed support so far for it.
2c, Have you collaborated with anyone within the Eras RP community to design these races?
no
2d, Have you approached the conclave to ask for help and guidance on creating a species proposal?
no, but would you (or some one els) like to help me with that?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
and where do you see what the creatures look like that have been approved such as (Werewolves and Vampires, the Aed Kaenë, the Dubal Në and the Aed Xììnkááł)?

Last edited:
We appreciate that you’ve taken the five minutes to type up this proposal, but as it stands, I and the rest of the Conclave are still not at all sold on the concepts you’ve given. It’s still unclear how these elves and dwarves would fit into, let alone enhance, the world of Eras; you have noted that these species would be the same as humans culturally, but then that begs the question as to what, then, Eras would have to gain or admire from these beings existing.

Keep in mind that we are not opposed entirely to the idea of sentient humanoids living alongside humans, as we have allowed the Aed Kaene (an elfish species). However, also keep in mind that Aed Kaene and other fantasy-inspired creatures such as dragons were accepted after months of development and after critical support from the community. You, as of now, haven’t given us much reason to input these beings into the role-play, especially when there are already elfish humanoids such as the Aed Kaene not only incorporated into the worldlore, but public domain which anyone can incorporate into their nation if they wish.

If you really want to role-play as elves, I recommend looking into the Aed Kaene, which is quite similar to the elf species you proposed, and seeing what you can do with them. There are many on Discord, such as Felis, Sodium and I to name a few, who can help you fit it into your nation. If you want to role-play as dwarves and halflings…just role-play midgets or something. However, we will not continue this discussion, and we will no longer reply to any further posts on this thread from you. Please consider your alternatives, or try again next year.

TL;DR: No.

With love,
Scarlet/Dem ♡

Mod Note: I believe the conclave has made their judgment and that their indication is that this proposal will not be considered any further. Therefore, I see no reason to allow a back and forth for something that has already been rejected twice now, so this is being locked. -Sil

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back