Goyanes

Worldbuilder
-
TNP Nation
Goyanes
Discord
goya#6469
Hello RP Conclave,

I’ve been thinking about this proposal for a while now, and some of y’all who have been in VC have heard me jokingly refer to it. But here it is: I would like the railway to have been invented in Goyanes. In addition I’d like to propose something from the tech groups, and also petition to have High-Speed Rail be invented in Goyanes.

I know this might seem like a joke proposal at first, but I would like the conclave to seriously consider it. At least in my opinion, (I know this sounds douchey) I have put, by far, the most amount of effort into worldbuilding my railway system, whether it be mainline, highspeed, or subway. I have created maps, designed tickets, made fare tables, made logos, written lore, and as a result, the idea of trains have become, at least in my opinion, inseparable with Goyanes. It wouldn’t be too far fetched to say that when someone thinks of trains on Eras, they think of Goyanes.

Here's my timeline: The OG railway would be invented in Goyanes in the early 19th century, with patents being filed on steam locomotive designs. The first passenger rail services would start in about 1830 (just like IRL) and the first freight services would have started several years before in the 1820s (just like IRL). For high speed rail, I would like the first high speed trains to go in service in 1964, modeling the development timeline of the Shinkansen IRL.

Note that the railways being invented in Goyanes doesn't mean that I have control over who gets them, as parallel development was happening in several countries to an extent in Europe IRL when trains were invented.

I’d like the conclave to consider this proposal, and please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

-Goy

[note I added a timeline and some minor details in]

Last edited:
mod edit

Hello. You were directed to the Conclave subforum for your own proposal. It was not an invitation to post in other Conclave threads. This thread is only for Conclave team members and Goyanes.
-Prydania

Last edited by a moderator:
Back