-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
McMasterdonia:
I hereby appoint @Artemis as an Election Commissioner, subject to a confirmation vote by the RA.
The delegate has nominated @Artemis as an Election Commissioner. I now open the floor for debate and discussion on the nomination. I would welcome a statement in support of the nomination from @mcmasterdonia

I will continue with more standard questions:

In relation to the quasi-judicial function in reviewing the decisions of supervisors of elections, what qualities (and, if considered relevant, experiences) do you have that would assist in carrying out that function?

Does you take any view on when it may be appropriate to exercise the Commission's power to replace Election Supervisors?

How would you count this ballot (presuming that only the candidates shown are standing):
Delegate:

1. < McMasterdonia >
2. < Abstain >
3. < Bobberino >

Would you like to reopen nominations? < No >

Vice Delegate:

1. < Abstain >
2. < Artemis >
3. < Robespierre >

Would you like to reopen nominations? < Yes >

Speaker:

1. < Dreadton >
2. < St George >
3. < ABC >

Would you like to reopen nominations? < Yes | No >

@Artemis Do you plan on running in the three elections after the May General?
Potentially yes.

In relation to the quasi-judicial function in reviewing the decisions of supervisors of elections, what qualities (and, if considered relevant, experiences) do you have that would assist in carrying out that function?
As I have previously served as a member of the Election Commission, I would say I have shown in the past qualities suitable for this position. It is important the members of the Commission maintain a level of diligence, ability to be dependable and available and to be able to speak up when something needs correcting.

Does you take any view on when it may be appropriate to exercise the Commission's power to replace Election Supervisors?
As it stands, the Commission does not have the power to replace the Election Supervisors. The only current method for replacing a Supervisor is by said supervisor being absent or vacating their office. At this point, the Chief Election Commissioner will promptly appoint a willing replacement.

How would you count this ballot (presuming that only the candidates shown are standing):

Delegate:

1. < McMasterdonia >
2. < Abstain >
3. < Bobberino >

Would you like to reopen nominations? < No >

Vice Delegate:

1. < Abstain >
2. < Artemis >
3. < Robespierre >

Would you like to reopen nominations? < Yes >

Speaker:

1. < Dreadton >
2. < St George >
3. < ABC >

Would you like to reopen nominations? < Yes | No >

Delegate - This would be recorded as a first preference vote for McMasterdonia and abstain for the rest.
Vice Delegate - This ballot would be recorded as abstaining.
Speaker - This ballot would be discounted due to not answering RON correctly.

Can you explain the reasoning for why the Delegate ballot counts for McMasterdonia and why the Vice Delegate ballot is recorded as an abstention?

During your term as Election Commissioner, how many elections did you oversee? Did you serve as Chief Election Commissioner?

During your term as Election Commissioner, how many elections did you oversee? Did you serve as Chief Election Commissioner?
I have overseen 3 elections and I have served as Chief Election Commissioner.

Artemis is the elected vice delegate of the TNP will he be allowed to handle any office aside from cabinet posts?
The Vice Delegate is not a member of Cabinet. They are a government official and Election Comissioners are exempt from the limit on holding government official posts (and the Vice Delegate is a member of the Executive branch so they would be able to hold the position as well since ECs are in the same branch).

Back