The Forward Bloc [Discussion/Draft]

Krevt

NPA Sergeant
TNP Nation
Krevt
Discord
Krevt#3351
Through this Post, I shall announce the opening up of the brand new The Forward Bloc Party that will be contesting in May 2020 Delegate's Election.

Development of This Region is necessary for the happiness of its citizens. Even though A citizen's rights and his or her fundamental duties are essential for a country's democratic governance, some factors other than that mustn't be ignored.

Even though The North Pacific claims to be a democracy, what the bigger tells us is worrying.
We are ranked (as of writing this thread) 13,394th out of 22,690 regions in Civil Rights!
We are ranked 11,987th in Economy
We are ranked 13,401st in Political Freedom
And 12,054th in Economic output!

Atleast we could have been ranked under 100 or 50 for Civil Rights! No?
Policies that'll help us improve in these areas were either not implemented and if implemented , poorly supervised.

It is the time we rise, bring TNP's glory back.
Making TNP great again is out vision.
Vote For The Forward Bloc's Candidates this Elections and see the tsunami of progress in front of your eyes.

The following are the present members of the party.
(Name - Position)

Krevt - Party Chief

Even though The North Pacific claims to be a democracy, what the bigger tells us is worrying.
We are ranked (as of writing this thread) 13,394th out of 22,690 regions in Civil Rights!

Policies that'll help us improve in these areas were either not implemented and if implemented , poorly supervised.
....are you serious? This literally has no effect on our region's democracy.

Also, is that all that the Forward Bloc is advocating for? There is nothing substantial here that will increase my "happiness" in the region.

Yeah. I agree stats should have no effect in TNP. We can't forced nation answer issue to what we want or to get the stats...

Through this Post, I shall announce the opening up of the brand new The Forward Bloc Party that will be contesting in May 2020 Delegate's Election.

Development of This Region is necessary for the happiness of its citizens. Even though A citizen's rights and his or her fundamental duties are essential for a country's democratic governance, some factors other than that mustn't be ignored.

Vote For The Forward Bloc's Candidates this Elections and see the tsunami of progress in front of your eyes.

(Name - Position)

Krevt - Party Chief

So, your whole party is about artificially bumping NationStates regional statistics, which are either an average or an aggregate of every nation in the region, which is a feeder region. There's a reason forum roleplayers don't use these stats...

Even if you could, how would you go about actually doing this? The only way you could is to mandate how people create their nation and answer issues, which, guess what, flies right in the face of the first article of the Bill of Rights!
Bill of Rights:
1. All Nations of The North Pacific are sovereign. Each Nation has the right of self-determination in that Nation's domestic policies, including, but not limited to, issue selection and WA membership.

I suggest you find a different platform, and make sure you're familiar with the law.

Can we just get rid of this subforum already? I think we're all tired of useless parties that don't understand how this region works popping up. The last serious political party in this region was the Green Party, years ago, and even it barely had a platform; it just had moderate success getting players together. I don't think we've had a truly relevant political party in this region since the Regressives, who, though they had lots of success gathering players, were ultimately a meme party. The political parties subforum has never been relevant for the longest time. It clogs things up and serves no purpose. It has to go.

It clogs things up and serves no purpose. It has to go.
You realise, of course, that even were it to be archived, it would be 'clogging things up' to just as much an extent right?

You realise, of course, that even were it to be archived, it would be 'clogging things up' to just as much an extent right?
Clogging up the archives? No, I don't see it. Archiving this subforum puts it away, as a useless relic of the past which it absolutely is. The archives are massive and there is room for it. Why shouldn't it be archived?

Clogging up the archives? No, I don't see it. Archiving this subforum puts it away, as a useless relic of the past which it absolutely is. The archives are massive and there is room for it. Why shouldn't it be archived?
You're talking about it clogging up the forum and there not being enough space as if these are actually things that are happening. There's no difference in how much space it takes up wherever it is.

This is why you don’t use stats of any kind from NationStates. Nations don’t really have billions of people as a population (unless you’re China) and you can’t increase civil rights to “make the North Pacific happier”

You're talking about it clogging up the forum and there not being enough space as if these are actually things that are happening. There's no difference in how much space it takes up wherever it is.
That's not what I meant at all. It's not that there's a shortage of space at all. It's that there's no point for this subforum to be present in the actively used parts of the forum. It's not seriously used and hasn't been for years.

So why did you say that it was 'taking up space'?
Because it's taking up useless space. It's not being used seriously and hasn't been for years. It has no point to be there amongst other, more seriously used subforums.

Last edited:

(Name - Position)

Krevt - Party Chief
It is not that surprising that we are ranked approximately in the middle of the regions for rankings. First off, as other individuals have pointed out in this thread players choose to make their nations in whatever way they want. I won't go into more depth since that was already covered. However, I did want to touch on the difficulties of raising economy and economic output. Economy and economic output are both stats that are increased over time. Economic output will actually increase over time even without the nation answering issues (one of the few stats that does this).

TNP is a feeder and as such, there are newer nations founding in the region all the time, newer nations have a much lower economic output than older nations, so they lower our average. There are other regions out there with a lot of old nations and not many newer nations. So, they are going to be higher than us in the rankings.

It is an innate challenge for feeders as since we are so large, with a collection of many young nations that we will always tend to move towards the average in stats. A better comparison of how TNP ranks in these stats is by comparing them to other feeders as they have the same features as us, in that case, I took a look at the first two stats: Economy and the Civil Rights stat and you can see that The North Pacific is ahead of the other feeders.

Again, I will note that these stats are of negligible importance to the region as a whole.
So, your whole party is about artificially bumping NationStates regional statistics, which are either an average or an aggregate of every nation in the region, which is a feeder region. There's a reason forum roleplayers don't use these stats...

Even if you could, how would you go about actually doing this? The only way you could is to mandate how people create their nation and answer issues, which, guess what, flies right in the face of the first article of the Bill of Rights!

I suggest you find a different platform, and make sure you're familiar with the law.
Uh... Parties can advocate for changing the law you know (not that I recommend it)? Furthermore, the Executive could very well advocate for increasing these stats and be successful at it (as demonstrated with endorsements) through the use of dispatches, telegrams, awards, and cards (although again, not a recommended use of resources) and they wouldn't even have to change the law (nor would they be breaking it).

Back