Election Commissioner Confirmation For Sil Dorsett, Scottie, and Dreadton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still, unless I am misunderstanding the answers given already (in which case I would be grateful to be put right), missing the answer to this question:
What circumstances may make it improper for a scenario of the kind described to be dealt with prescriptively by requiring restarts?

Having now gotten some form of answer from each on the issue of replacing supervisors, this is the provision to which I refer:
19. If the full Election Commission determines that the actions under review are not in compliance with the law or their adopted rules, they will have the power, by majority vote, to overrule them. If deemed necessary, they will also have the power, by majority vote, to restart the election, or designate different commissioners to supervise the election.
Thus, the Commission has the power, if they think necessary, to replace the supervisors of a given election. The real focus of the question, however, was not so much on whether the power existed, it is on when it is appropriate for it to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back