ENN Thread

OPcJW4A.png

OCLUSIA PASSES NEW LAWS; NATION UNDER FIRE

Opinion by Ivan Okeke

Updated 6:52 PM MTZ, Wed September 29, 2019

Uko5N7q.png

Editor's Note: Ivan Okeke is a Political Science Director at the University of Astratov School of Eras. The views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect the official policy or position of any entity of importance.

(Minsk, Oclusia) - The Democratic Republic of Oclusia is facing the heat from the rest of Eras after they created a new series of harsh laws persecuting those who identify religiously as Courantist. The nation openly blames Courantists for their national problems unreasonably as well as blaming the fall of Oclusi Orthodox Unemployment on the Courantist Church of Oclusia. This cannot be justified and the Democratic Republic of Oclusia was obviously in the wrong in this case.

"Citizens of the Democratic Republic of Oclusia, it is my pleasure to be upon this podium, but not with the certain circumstances that we are looking at as a nation. If you don't know this, Oclusia was founded by numerous tribes of peoples that followed the Orthodox Religion in this land. This can be proven through early texts from the earliest Oclusi tribespeople that set foot on this land. We are also shown that the religion of Courantism hadn't come to Oclusia until the Aleman landed on our shores and created the settlement of Einestadt. We can infer that Courantism spread across the land for that reason along with the trade to Gothis. As soon as Highton let go of Oclusia, the religious separation had already been done. Orthodox was not the predominant religion anymore from that point on. Courantism had taken its place among the people of the nation.

Courantists and Orthodox all were able to live with each other in harmony here in Oclusia since 1952, but then we noticed a major problem within the unemployment rate inside of our nation. We keep a census on the unemployment of religious backgrounds here in Oclusia, and we noticed that the unemployment rate within the Orthodox in Oclusia skyrocketed from 0.21% to a whopping 17% of Orthodox who were unemployed while the Courantists unemployment rate fell from 1.5% of Courantists to 0.11%. What this study shows us in power is that the businesses of the nation are more compelled to hire Courantists over Orthodox. This is a problem because the religion that this nation was founded upon is now getting the short end of the spectrum.
We would like to further note that any Courantist caught trying to cross the border into the nations of Yalkan, Nurbolav, or even Saintoge will be met with detention or death at the border. We need to get our nation back on our feet, and we in the Oclusi government hereby activate these laws to even the playing field for the time being. God bless the Democratic Republic of Oclusia."

The Pope, Pope John IX, spoke to the world from Via, Ceretis. "Brothers and Sisters of the world. People of the faith of God. I have come to you, my people, today with grave and upsetting news. A great pain has been inflicted on the followers of the word of God, by heretics who seek the destruction of all that is good in this world. They are ignorant, and we pray that they will come to their senses." he said to the world, "The President of Oclusia has declared new conditions against people of the Courantist faith. Our brothers and sisters have done no wrong, and they are being persecuted and singled out for their unwavering faith in God. We call upon the children of God around the world, Courantists, Laurenists, Rakanists, et cetera. All of God's people, I ask of you. Denounce the villainy of this man, make just our cause, and defeat the tide of satanism and evil that has consumed our world."

He finished up with, "I ask that we come together to defeat this menace, and defeat the persecution of God's children, no matter their religion. I ask this through Christ, and his divine wisdom in this matter. Thank you." The Pope sounded disappointed and rightfully so all over the tape.
qGrjIjv.png

Last edited:
OPcJW4A.png

8NTz3A1.png

(Vyartsy, Oclusia) - A group of children have been reported to cross the border at precisely 23:45 at night. Surveillance footage of the Border Detention Center shows a group of kids crossing the border and fighting off some of the guards at the border before finding a way to climb over the wall. These kids from the looks of footage range from the ages of six to fifteen. Footage also shows that they escaped with blankets on their backs as they fled into the Spine of Mojabe mountains in Yalkan.

This comes after the string of events in Oclusia took a major turn. What started out as heavy discrimination in Oclusia off of Courantists turned into much more. Deaths of families inside their borders have taken place. Not only this but along the border, refugees who have tried to escape have been separated and put into distinct border detention centers. Refugees have escaped over the borders as well as by boat into Saintoge and Ulstome. Nations have not been pleased, especially ones in the Meterra Economic Treaty Association. Lady Éléonore of Ponterre spoke on the issue.

"We have all seen what has happened in Oclusia in recent days. This is a no-brainer, and I do not think there is very much to be said. The Kingdom of Ponterre is deeply concerned by the situation in Oclusia, which involves government-sponsored discrimination against Courantists, and META should not admit it as a member under any circumstances, so long as the Oclusian Congress continues to treat its citizens this way."

This also comes after several Midranean were murdered and even more kidnapped and sent to border facilities. The Oclusi government tries to justify this as they "were hiding Courantists inside of their rental homes and hotel rooms and they deliberately lied to Oclusia". The Ulstomean Ambassadors to Oclusia were also killed in a recent siege of the Ulstome Embassy in Oclusia. An international response is to be determined as we speak.

More as this Develops

oTxmCuG.png

(Launberg, Hesskin Empire) - A new princess that goes by the name of Princess Eva Durnstein II was recently born in the nursery at Launberg Palace. She was born to the Hesskin Monarch Emperor Stephan Durnstein and his wife, Empress Eva Durnstein I. She was a healthy born baby at 8.3 lbs at birth and people were extremely happy. Parades were held throughout the Hesskin Empire upon hearing of Princess Eva's birth and there were heaps of celebration and merriment.

In fact, approximately everyone had the day off at their employer's behalf. Everyone was a part of the celebrations of the birth of Princess Eva Durnstein II. "We love the celebration of life! Especially to our future empress!" one person said to ENN when we went to interview him. Another person said, "We will celebrate until the night is over! This celebration shall go on forever! Princess Eva will be a terrific ruler once she gets older!" The Emperor of the Hesskin Empire addressed the nation shortly after she was born in a short letter addressed to every citizen.

"Dear Citizens of the Hesskin Empire,
I am writing this to all of you today to inform you of the birth of our new Princess. Princess Eva Durnstein. She was born last night at 2:34 AM. She is a healthy baby. I apologize for the brevity of this. However, I must go back to attending to official business.

Creator Protect You All,
Emperor Stephan Durnstein"

More as this Develops

wG6vIN8.png

(Trier, Highton) - The Crowned Republic of Highton is a heavy football nation. The country had a total of four (4) CEFA World Cup Championships. They won in 1979 over Naizerre 2-0 at home, in 2003 over Goyanes in Andrenne snapping a 24-year-drought, they won in 2011 over Syrixia in Xentherida, and in 2017 at home in Highton with a 2-2 draw at the end of regulation before taking it 4-3 in penalties. It is no doubt to anyone that Highton is one of the best football nations in the entire world if not the best. They are second overall with four titles and a runner up just falling short of Naizerre, the birthplace of football. However, there are two Highton teams who are playing each other and their rivalry is greater than most international relations.

Trier FC and Neu Club Trier are ranked five (5) and six (6) in the nation of Highton in the Highton Premier League. Trier FC just came off a 4-0 win over FC Jefferson and Neu Club Trier just came off a 2-1 win over Lincoln Park Town. Both teams are near the top of the [league] table, with Trier FC and Neu Club Trier just 6 and 7 points off first place individually. Trier FC is a stronger team down the wings while Neu Club Trier is the stronger club down the middle which could be an interesting contrast and could make for a game of a lifetime.

This is arguably the second biggest rivalry in Highton. In fact, their stadiums are less than a mile apart which means that the stadium they will be playing at will be packed and viewers all over Eras will be tuning in. The game is being played at Die Höhle, Neu Club’s home, in the heart of Trier, at 19:30 on Wednesday night. This will be the night that defines either team's seasons. It will make or break it. Trier’s best player is their captain who goes by the name of Mario Küpfer and is a center back. Jonas Lettman is a heavily dangerous striker for Trier. Julien Santana is an up-and-coming leftback for Trier FC who recently earned his first Highton call up. Francis Júnior is also a great right back as well. Regarding Neu Club, they have Adam Guard at centerback and midfielder Michel Crépin (a Ponterre-born international) as well as their star striker Mario Rydz.

This will make for a really stellar game with much on the line including bragging rights. Wednesday will be a day full of Premier League Football.

More as this Develops

dGfyyjt.png

lBLuJ8l.png

WT3l3Kv.png

0fU8NRR.png

OCLUSI PRESIDENT KILLED IN ALLEGED COUP; REFORMS TO OCLUSIA BEING CREATED

Opinion by Jacques Gustave and Marcella Lindela

Updated 6:52 PM NMTZ, Wed October 12, 2019

LsOudxi.png

Editor's Note: Jacques Gustave is a Political Science Director at the University of Astratov's School of Politics in Oclusia. While in government, he served in multiple roles, including senior director for counterterrorism on the Tyzkavicz Administration's National Security Council from 1997 to 2001. Marcella Lindela is a graduate student at the Minsk School of Politics and Economics. The views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect the official policy or position of any entity of importance.

(Minsk, Oclusia) - Last night was a night of celebration around the world. Meterra's biggest disgrace, Oclusi President Yermolayevich, was killed in severe gunfire from the Presidential House Guardians and the Resistance Movement known as RIOT (Revolutionary Interior Oclusi Team), a group made up of Oclusi Politicians that were against the laws passed by Yermolayevich, a group of military soldiers that were against him, a number of Orthodox, and an even bigger number of Courantists that were persecuted before. The last known sighting of Yermolayevich was when he was lying on the floor decedent from the gunfire exchanged.

Following Yermolayevich's death, several new key factors of the rebuilding of Oclusia are emerging. The first of many is that the main leader of the coup, Tatarov Yuliy, the former senior advisor of President Yermolayevich, is taking charge of the Oclusi Democratic Republic for the time being until the make-up election is able to be accommodated in the state. The second one is that the Congress that was put under the Yermolayevich Administration and was able to legalize the laws has been released from duty on orders of President Yuliy. "A disgrace shall not be held to create laws in our nation. A new congress has been decided," he [Yuliy] says

Another important determinant part of the rebuild of Oclusia is that a new bill to repeal the laws that Yermolayevich and his regime set into effect. President Yuliy himself was in the room of the new congress as the laws were being put into draft. The laws should be passed within a range of three days if deemed legal from the Oclusi government. A small amount was able to be disclosed by the ENN.

Clause III: When Advanced

Demanding that Oclusi that are detained at the border shall be released and sent home to their families
Appeals the laws set by Yermolayevich that include:
      • The curfew set upon Courantists
      • Businesses shall not be labeled
      • Monthly Checkups are deemed illegal and unconstitutional
      Declares accordingly that the Oclusi Government the Midranean Tourists' families ü¢1.5 million as well as releasing those left alive as well as paying the Midranean Government ü¢2.5 million as further compensation​

• As far as ENN knows, the Oclusi former Congress has been placed upon Supreme Court Trial and dates are to be determined. The new Oclusi government will serve up to 2020 unless reelected. Oclusia has also reportedly burned up the body of Yermolayevich and the military plans on dropping the ashes of him into the middle of the ocean off the coasts of Yalkan and Oclusia. Reportedly, the military did not have a proper service towards the fallen leader before dismembering the bag of the ashes.

More as this Develops

Last edited:
WT3l3Kv.png

0fU8NRR.png

OCLUSI PRESIDENT YULIY KILLED IN ALLEGED POISONING

Opinion by Jacques Gustave and Marcella Lindela

Updated 6:52 PM NMTZ, Tues November 12, 2019

DyWqAke.png

Editor's Note: Jacques Gustave is a Political Science Director at the University of Astratov's School of Politics in Oclusia. While in government, he served in multiple roles, including senior director for counterterrorism on the Tyzkavicz Administration's National Security Council from 1997 to 2001. Marcella Lindela is a graduate student at the Minsk School of Politics and Economics. The views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect the official policy or position of any entity of importance.

(Minsk, Oclusia) - President Yuliy has passed away in his quarters in the Presidential House only a month after he took power. Immediately after his death, a strong and well-planned investigation was conducted inside of the Presidential House and immediately, a piece of paper was found. Written on it was a note that count be inferred as a premeditation to this murder. The handwriting was analyzed and matched with Yuliy's wife. The note was a strong piece of evidence that Mrs. Yuliy was involved in the death of the Oclusi President in more ways that one.

Dear my Love,

Soon, I will be with you. I just need to make sure that I can put a direct amount of substance in my husband's tea. Soon, I will come over and will make a wonderful evening with you. Just know that I love you dearly. My husband is bland and you are a big step-up. I love you with all my heart and as soon as my husband is gone, I will run away to the border with you.

- Halina Yuliy

Through the note and the evidence uncovered by detectives, it has been determined that Mrs. Yuliy poisoned the tea made for her husband, and left shortly thereafter. Through many different recordings inside of the Presidential House, it is shown that the President's last moments were when he was clutching his stomach in pain and calling out and pleading for help to nobody in his quarters before he passed on.

Fluttr blew up with Oclusi calling for justice as well as reporting the news.

Yakiv Kaspiarovič
@yakkoka
h0xDKaM.png

Our beloved president has passed away of what seems like an assassination. Our Secret Service is on the case right now. #INVESTIGATION

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES

56,723 ~ 29,384

RpWRj5I.png
ENN News
@ennwn

h0xDKaM.png

BREAKING NEWS OUT OF OCLUSIA - President Yuliy has been KILLED by poison in his tea in the Oclusi Presidential House. #INVESTIGATION

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES

56,723 ~ 29,384

RpWRj5I.png

Taylor Tzeskiewicz
@thebigt
h0xDKaM.png

We have just gotten word that President Yuliy has passed away in his quarters in the Presidential House only a month after he took power. While the cause of death is unknown, we find the tea on the desk next to him as smelling funny. #INVESTIGATION

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
56,723 ~ 29,384

RpWRj5I.png

Last edited:
Back