official floof
-
Pronouns
he/they
TNP Nation
Darcania
Discord
@zephyrkul
In the style of my previous run for Speaker coming from the AG's office, I'd like to specify here that I would be a far better Speaker of the House than @El Fiji Grande could ever be, and that by my sheer endless talent and determination I would bring honor back to the office of Speaker of the House.

shuffles papers

Oh, right, this is for Speaker of the Regional Assembly. Well, in that case, most of you know of my previous terms as Speaker, and for those who don't, I think the numbers speak for themselves. Artemis has served extremely well as Speaker, and I intend to continue that trend into this term, continuing the trend of stable, speedy, and superb Speakers for the RA.

While the fact that I am no longer an admin removes the main advantage I had for the job during the time, that of handling both the status and masking of Citizenship simultaneously, I remain ready to serve with the same efficiency I have always had.

Please feel free to ask questions here if you'd like.

Numbers? What numbers? Where you ran against a single person and got 98% of the votes? This doesn't speak to me of a simply more superior candidate, this seems more like you ran against some unknown guy who just randomly decided to run for Speakership. We don't need the number of votes you got more than a year ago. What would be more relevant would be the statistics of that term that you served.

What would be your policy on Deputy Speakers? How many will you take? How diligent can you promise us you will be when it comes to Speaker checks? Is there nothing you will change? What can you say on McMasterdonia's Internal/External committee idea? You've left TNP abruptly before, how can we be sure that you won't jump ship again?

I very much support this campaign as I know that you are more than capable of managing the Regional Assembly as you have in the past. You have my vote, sir. ^_^

As @Robespierre argued in McMasterdonia's campaign for the delegacy,
"It’s often been said that Delegates of the past typically tend to step up only when the situation calls for it, usually so as to carry on the tradition of infusing new blood into leadership positions by stepping aside."
Should the same rule of thumb apply to other positions, including the Speakership? Could you share your perspective as to why you got into this race, given that we've now seen two promising newcomers also join?

Back