-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
Seeing as the Instant Runoff Election Bill has been signed into law, I would like to discuss two matters for us to follow-up on.

1. We should prepare changes to the counting spreadsheets to be ready to count an instant runoff vote. Toward that purpose, I would like to draw the commission's attention to my counting spreadsheets (Ex 1, Ex 2) from 2012 for executive council elections and the googlescript (javascript) code of Gullivers that they used. Note: those were multi-winner elections, so we would not need all of the code (but we could just set the number of winners to 1 and use the same code). We would also need to tweak the code slightly to handle our voter name and ballot id columns (by ignoring them).

2. We should amend the procedures to adopt a method of tie-resolution (equal number of votes) pending any legal change by the Assembly to determine that. I would advise backwards tie breaking, for reasons which may be apparent to those who pay close attention to discord. (I'm being vague to avoid accidental "Espionage".)

Back