The Luscova Pact

3M0a2Aq.png

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
28 July 2019

After His Majesty the King Reitz X's consultation with the Royal Congress and Prime Advisor Reinhard Franz, His Majesty concluded on the advice on the Prime Advisor that it would be in Illderia's best interest to be a member of the Luscova Pact. Illderia wishes to help this organization achieve its goals. Therefore the kingdom seeks a full membership status within the pact with cooperation in Defense, Economy and Infrastructure. We look forward for your response and hope that our nation will be accepted into the alliance.

With regards,

The Honorable
Sir Alex Mayer
Minister of Foreign Affairs of His Majesty's Most Loyal Government

Essalanea Has no issue with Illideria joining the pact, however, it must be put to a vote by the council, Why Does Illideria seek to join the Pact? understanding the Kingdom's motives will be an important component of any decisions taken by this assembly.

mhL1yEE.png

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
12 August 2019

The reason why Illderia wants to join the pact is to get to know the different cultures of Eras. There are members almost on every continent and if a conflict breaks out on a different continent and Illderia gets involved, there is the possibility that the culture, livestyle and people are so much different then in Illderia, troops might mistreat people because they react diffrently. The second reason is that, if a McMasterdonia/Sutherland conflict breaks out, as a nation on Kian, Illderia can be a middleman for the de-escalation of the situation. The final reason is Illderia's culture developed in a way that it likes to fight other people's wars, especially people with Illdrish and Braslo-Illdrish ethnicities. This statement shouldn't be misinterpreted as Illderia wants to get this pact into war. Illderia wants to help people regardless of their ethnicity and faith. We hope this statement will explain Illderia's interest to the members of the pact and pray that Illderia will be a member of this pact.

With regards,

The Honorable
Sir Alex Mayer
Minister of Foreign Affairs of His Majesty's Most Loyal Government​

Last edited:
Sif Kjær sipped from a class of water before speaking.

"The Kingdom of Prydania has no issue with admitting the Kingdom of Illderia. We welcome their application."

Benedikt Koller, the representative for Mintoria, moved to say his piece.

“I must raise a question to the Kingdom of Illderia concerning their place in the current situation. Do they recognise the Sutherland Federation as a sovereign state, as several others have? I would like to hear this answer from the Illderian delegation in person should they send one to address the members of this Pact.”

Last edited:
Leopold Graf, the leader of the Illderian delegation stood up and said.

"To answer Mr. Koller's question, the government of Illderia recognizes the Sutherland Federation as a sovereign country."

Sif Kjær spoke up next.
"As does the Kingdom of Prydania. Yet we voted to keep them out of this alliance. It was the belief of my government that bringing Sutherland in risked drawing us into conflict with McMasterdonia. I wish to ask Ambassador about the prospects of such a conflict given that they recognize Sutherland. Do you feel as if we can work to keep the Lsucova Pact neutral in that conflict?"

OOC:
@Illderia

Leopold Graf drank his tea before answering

"My government belives that we can work together with Sutherland dispite their bad relationsip with McMasterdonia. We think that giving Sutherland a membership status within the pact would have lowered the chance of a war breaking out. My reasoning is that if Sutherland was to be given membership in the pact, McMasterdonia would think twice before starting a conflict within the region."

Are you saying," Chirag asked, hoping for clarification, "that Illderia, should it join this Pact, would work towards Sutherlander membership?"

Continuing, Chirag noted, "Illderia must consider that McMasterdonia would not be afraid to invade Sutherland. They have already arguably done so, despite the recognition of Sutherland by two Great Powers and the military support of one of them. The Empire sincerely doubts Intelligentsia would back down. Rather, the conflict would escalate due to Luscova Pact involvement. This is why we rejected Sutherland in the first place."

Last edited:
Albin chimed into add on to the question.

“In addition, should Sutherland be admitted to the pact, it would force its members, even those who do not recognize the Sutherlan Federation, into siding with it militarily in case of a conflict. The Pact should stay neutral in this conflict, allowing its members to pursue their own policy toward it if they deem necessary.”

Anegrette sighed and tapped the table in frustration before speaking

'Let me see if I understand this correctly, Illderia supports Sutherland being admitted to the pact? I am afraid that would not be in this alliance's best interests...we already had a flashpoint when Midir decided to take a unilateral approach to the situation in Meterra and I have no desire to see the pact experience a repeat, I must stress that the pact desires to remain neutral in any disputes between MCM and Sutherland, No one wants to be dragged into that quagmire, least of all when our presence would likely make things far worse'

She sat back and raised a hand before continuing 'For the record, I have no issue with Illderia joining the pact, but any stance towards the situation in Meterra other then neutrality will be looked upon with extreme concern'

Last edited:
Mason sat forward in his chair after hearing over the conversation unfolding. “Mr. Graf, while I appreciate the sentiment you are putting forth, I do have to say that seeing how McMasterdonia has acted recently in regards to the situation at hand, along with efforts from my government to use light diplomacy and even heavy handed diplomacy, I have to say that I do not believe Sutherland entering the Luscova Pact would prevent the McMasterdonian government from launching an invasion of Sutherland, it would only hurt the Luscova Pact. I will not deny that my government has made mistakes in regards to the situation, however, these mistakes and the reactions from said mistakes are what I want to avoid happening again. Now, while my government views McMasterdonia and Sutherland as close partners, however, in my opinion, I think it would be best if that mess is left alone for now. Other than that, I would love to see another Kianese nation in the Luscova Pact, that is all.”

Last edited:
Graf sat foward and answered confidently

"I shall rephrase my answer. My government thinks that when Sutherland applied for membership, the pact should've accepted, looking at the situation now, we remain neutral. The reason why we look at the situation with concern is that, talking form experience, we don't want an escalation or a humanitarian disaster, just like the one that happed in Enneheim 20 years ago. Also im in no position to take away the right of a state to choose its own path of recognizing Sutherland."

Graf took a deap breath and continued

"Putting aside the Sutherland question Illderia is ready and willing to work together with the pact and its member nations."

Last edited:
OOC: (to anyone who doesn't undestand what im saying above) I made the mistake of not thinking the whole situation through befor writing the first message about the MCM conflict therefore im trying to politely withdraw my statement whilst keeping character, In this part "Also im in no position to take away the right of a state to choose its own path of recognizing Sutherland" I was making a response for a question that Highton asked earlier.

If i messed up, im really sorry for the confusion and i hope we can continue without any misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Mason looked at Leopold Graf with a satisfied expression, "Mr. Graf, we believe that while taking a side on the Sutherland-McMasterdonia situation is definitely not looked upon well by many Luscova Pact members, the response to what my government has done should attest to that well enough, I do not believe that there are any other objections to your possible membership, there are at least none on Mondari's side. The more members there are in the Pact, the stronger the Pact can become. Therefore, we believe that your membership should be accepted, hell, if Mondari can believe Cimmeria's membership is acceptable, you would have to do something agregious to ruin the favor of my government."

Last edited:
If there are no further issues to discuss we would like to open voting on the subject of Illiderian Membership

On the request for Illiderian Admission to the pact the United Clans of Essalanea Vote <Aye>

Last edited:
On the request for Illderian admission to the Luscova Pact, the Empire votes aye.

On the request for Illiderian Admission to the pact the Kingdom of Prydania votes <Aye>

Last edited:
On the request for Illiderian Admission to the pact the Norslandic Empire votes <Aye>

Mason looked at the reports coming in from home with a sour expression, he hasn’t seen anything like this in many years. Mason leaned forward, addressing the other delegates in front of him, “As you all may have heard, the government of Oclusia has detained twenty Mondic citizens and killed eight of them, that is a problem in itself, but on top of that, it has started raiding embassies; most notably the Ulstomean embassy. This, along with the violations of human rights it has started, is a huge problem. It seems that the international community is in agreement that their atrocious actions need to be stamped out. The government back in Sudo is up in arms, furious over the murder of its people. I do not believe that the Oclusian regime will stop its violent actions, the raiding of embassies shows this. Due to the proximity of many Luscova Pact members to Oclusia, it should worry your governments as well. Mondari will be fine, Oclusia is far away enough that it cannot strike the homeland, but I cannot say the same for nations like Essalanea, Norsia, or Prydania. We do not know what this regime will do, but it is clear they seem to want Courantists either locked up or killed. This violates many freedoms that I believe we can all agree on are necessary. Therefore, I am proposing that the Luscova Pact members form a coalition to either sanction, blockade, or invade the nation of Oclusia. Thank you.”

Last edited:
Generalmajor David Kesselman, the military attaché to the Luscova pact after speaking with Leopold Graf stood up and said

"I can assure the members of this pact that if any of the following nations listed by Mr. Mason be attacked, Illderia would not sit idly by. Me and my colleague fully support the Midranean delegation's proposal, but a direct invasion would be a bad choice since Illderia and Midir are so far away from Oclusia. Economic sanctions and a Joint Task Force made up of special forces to help couranist refugees escape would be the best and i would say safest option."

The Generalmajor sat down and Graf turned on the mircophone

"His Majesty's Government also opposes all kinds of aerial attacks that destroy civilian infrastructure. In addition we dont want a prolonged conflict or an insurgency forming out of former soldiers and radicals. These events can make every step to make Oclusia a stable and free country harder. Thank you."

Last edited:
Chirag stood.

"Fellow members...we have a situation." Chirag sighed, and turned on the projector in the meeting room, showing a picture of a large military base surrounded by seas. "They actually finished it."

"This is Island 35. It's, from what Fuss has revealed and what our intelligence has gathered, a multi-use military base meant specifically to provoke the nations of Craviter. Fuss has become the first nation to weaponize the Phoenix Sea's trade routes."

"This is something the Empire cannot and will not stand for, and we hope the rest of you are in agreement. We must find a way to deal with this new threat appropriately, for the sake of our own security and the security of the Craviterean continent."

Albane stood clasping her hands in front of her.

"I see a military complex intended for posturing and power projection, but what do you expect to do about it? It is in international waters, there is no law in those waters and countries can do as they please if you want to dump radioactive waste into it go ahead... Weaponizing the trade routes or not Fuss has arguably done no wrong."

"And if you are seriously suggesting that we become the aggressor in some form, then you are suggesting that we set a new and incredibly dangerous precedent that anyone can then exploit."

"I am not suggesting anything of the sort." Chirag replied. You are right that such actions would make us the aggressors as opposed to them. That would be a major strategic blunder. But it is utterly incorrect to state that Fuss has done no wrong, despite the situation regarding jurisdiction."

"Island 35's intention is to provoke, posture, and project power. Regardless of jurisdiction, it is a security threat. We must do what we can without putting them in a positive light of any kind. Namely, push hard in the written word, and, for states who could make an actual impact, whatever the size, on Fuss by doing so, enact sanctions. We must work to build a unified opposition across Craviter to Fuss' provocations. The more condemnations, the worse they look, and optics matters."

"We must, furthermore, be ready for any attempts by Fuss to use their new base. We need a covert plan which would coordinate our operations in the event that the regime uses it for aggressive and/or invasive action."

Fellow Delegates of the Luscova Pact, We face a major threat to peace and stability on Craviter, the Fussian revelation that they have a military installation in the Phoenix strait threatens trade, security and stability.

Therefore as Secretary-General, I move that we immediately table a vote on our long-neglected plans for shared aerospace patrols, while it would be unwise to provoke this threat to our shores there is nothing stopping our forces from keeping a very close eye.

"I agree that we should table a vote." Chirag replied. "Rather, in my view, it would make more sense to rethink the proposed aerospace patrols, and incorporate them into the covert plan I mentioned earlier."

Sif Kjær took a sip of water.
"Assembled representatives. I have disturbing information. The ÖSU has uncovered proof that this 'Island 35' is not just a military staging area. It has the ability to launch ICBMs. This information has been uncovered by deep-undercover ÖSU operatives and has been verified."

Ms. Kjær passed a folder around the council chamber.
"This information is deemed to be highly classified by the Prydanian government. And I must emphasize that this council take this information into account."

OOC:
The above was worldbuilt in conjunction with @Yalkan , who gave me his approval for this post.

Last edited:
The issue of Shared Aerospace Patrols now open for voting

On the motion for shared aerospace patrols of the phoenix strait Essalanea Votes > AYE

Last edited:
On the motion for shared aerospace patrols of the phoenix strait Prydania Votes > AYE

Last edited:

On the motion for shared aerospace patrols of the phoenix strait Norsia Votes > AYE

"The Empire votes AYE." Chirag replied to Anegrette, just before Sif dropped her bombshell. He looked, wide-eyed, at Sif, and then collected himself.

"We must commend the ÖSU for this ambitious endeavor. The Darshak, even with its resources, deemed an equivalent operation too risky whilst construction was ongoing. As it relates to the ÖSU's findings? This only heightens our need for a covert contingency plan in addition to the aforementioned condemnation and set of sanctions. Fuss could very well have the ability, should they place missiles on Island 35, to make ambitious threats and gambits to an unpredictable degree."

Frigo stood up and began to speak:
"The situation, is clearly very serious, but we shouldn't jump headlong into anything. I propose a meeting of Luscova Pact Military leaders to assess the situation, as well as propose further actions. We should apply pressure on the Fussians to withdraw. That is all I can say for now"

Mason sifted through the news articles concerning “Island 35,” then looked to the other delegates sitting before him.
“While I’m sure that many here have their own compunctions about Sudo’s recent military expansion and weapons tests, I don’t think they compare in terms of being a factor in destabilization as this military base does. This base could reasonably be used to block vessels moving in international waters, or even be used to launch a preemptive nuclear attack on many of the nations present here today, not to mention the multiple nations within range that are not members here. Mondari views this base as an existential problem for the Luscova Pact. If left alone it can be used to bully nations with the threat of military destruction, on another level it will only hurt the global economy because the Phoenix strait being blocked will hurt international supply lines. However, the Luscova Pact shouldn’t militarily intervene or else to set a dangerous precedent for the alliance. Therefore, Sudo sees shared patrols of the aerospace as a good plan, it wouldn’t be an aggressive action in itself and if Fuss decided to shoot down the aircraft, they would be the aggressor. However, while Mondari supports the idea, it can’t help supply aircraft to fulfill the plan, the distance and cost, along with it going against the new military doctrine set up by Sudo would only cause issues. We believe that the Craviterean members are more than capable of performing this themselves. Sudo hopes this comes to pass for the greater good. Thank you, that is all.”

Last edited:

On the motion for shared aerospace patrols of the phoenix strait the Kingdom of Illderia Votes > AYE

"Due to its position on the world map sadly Illderia can only provide the pact with an expeditionary group of Kfj 29 'Königstiger' multirole fighters." said Generalmajor Kesselman "We would also like to ask Cimmeria to allow the Luftwaffe to station their planes on Luftstreitkräfte bases."

“The construction of ‘Island 35’ in the Phoenix Strait is a serious threat to the present stability of Craviter. The Crowned Republic of Highton commends the ÖSU for uncovering the essential information that the Fussians have the ability to launch ICBMs from the island. The Crowned Republic of Highton votes in favor of shared aerospace patrols of the Phoenix Strait and hopes to insure that the sovereignty and security of nations bordering the Strait is not violated.”

Koller leaned forward towards the microphone...

“While the existence of this platform can pose a potential threat to the continent, I don’t believe that the Pact should involve themselves militarily, lest the situation be escalated further,” said he. “However, securing the skies of the member-states of this Pact would be a good first step, as it would not be considered an aggressive action, as mentioned by Mr Mason. On the motion for shared aerospace patrols of the Pheonix Strait, the Mintorian Realm therefore votes aye. As for the matter of Illderian aircraft, the Mintorian imperial government would be willing to allow the Illderian Luftwaffe to station aircraft on Mintorian air bases.”

Last edited:
Back