-
TNP Nation
Ethnon
Discord
Marcus Antonius #8887

THE NORTH PACIFIC UNIVERSITY

COA5.png
"sequere Polaris"

I have commissioned a Coat of Arms for the University as, surprisingly, the establishment did not have one.
I would like to thank Prydania for his excellent work and skill in creating the Arms and Malphe for the revisions and enhancements to them.

The motto is "follow the North Star"~"sequere Polaris"

MARCVS ANTONIVS
Chancellor of The North Pacific University

Last edited:
Looks great! What does it symbolize though?

I am glad you asked - The design was composed by Prydania, so this is my interpretation. It is comprised of the following elements. A sun rising over water, indicating the sun always shines over the Pacific. The open book, meaning study, with the numbers 2012, the year the University came into existence. An Owl, the universal symbol of wisdom, teaching and learning. The crossed pens, symbolising the work of the student. The symbolised star, a commonly used motif in The North Pacific's heraldry, representing The North Star or to give it the correct name, Polaris. Finally the motto “sequere Polaris“ which translates from the Latin to “Follow The North Star”.

Last edited:
I think that could definitely be a good start, just some minor image edits and it would look great imo. I would bolden the lines, make the text bolder and maybe slightly bent to fit the mold of the scrolls, and maybe simplify the sun. All minor stuff, overall it looks good.

I think that could definitely be a good start, just some minor image edits and it would look great imo. I would bolden the lines, make the text bolder and maybe slightly bent to fit the mold of the scrolls, and maybe simplify the sun. All minor stuff, overall it looks good.
I would agree to some of your points of constructive criticism Malphe - the lower banner was an absolute pain to do - could you possibly assist with this?

I love the arms and Malphe's suggested additions, but I think the banners should be scrapped altogether personally; or replaced with smaller and finer ones. They look kinda tacky and garish compared to the much more finely detailed shield, at least in my opinion.

I love the arms and Malphe's suggested additions, but I think the banners should be scrapped altogether personally; or replaced with smaller and finer ones. They look kinda tacky and garish compared to the much more finely detailed shield, at least in my opinion.
That is a fair comment Syr - the banners were difficult to match and assemble - but they are essential, unless of course the identifier and motto are replaced with headers on documentation where the Arms are used - I am happy to say that Malphe is assisting with this project and is on the case.

EDIT:- I have uploaded a revised COA with headers as opposed to banners - I asked Malphe to replace the star with the NPA style star as used in their flag.

Last edited:
Back