Recall Novare Res from the Security Council

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously there might have been rules regarding tabling a motion and discretion used by previous Speakers, the rules currently do not include tabling a motion nor do I intend to use my discretion in creating a rule at this time.

I refer you to the Rules of the Regional Assembly and the Standing Procedures.

Please cite the standing rules in text form.

Remember, I was Speaker many years ago.

Now, that being said, I have been waiting in silence for a very long time with the whole point of waiting for me to be brought up as a subject. Of course, this self imposed condition having been met, I will now (as I have been waiting for) become actively involved in the region and it's politics once again. And, I am sure, there are a few people who won't be happy about this. [/sarcasm]
I must say, I have difficulty believing that your inactivity in the last two-three years can be attributed to the notion that you were waiting to be brought up as a subject before this assembly. And if true, would in fact be more concerning to me, as I would have thought that sitting council members would have more respect for the region they claim to care so much about.

The other alternative is that I file a brief with the Court and request a clarification constitutionally as to the entire recall as per the legal and constitutional definition of the requirements of a recall.

For instance, you can recall anyone from any position for which you can recall them for the following reasons:

1.) They aren't doing their job.

This goes out the window because I have conducted my duties as a member of the SC in detail according to all laws and regulations thereof.

2.) Negligence or Malfeasance - Which goes out the window because I am not legally or constitutionally bound to engage in conversation in any way other than which I see fit.

3.) Criminal activity - Is remaining silent most of the time a crime? Part of the Right to Free Speech is to say nothing at all. You can't force someone to speak or promote a specific idea.

4.) Failure to maintain the proper endorsement count. - That goes out the window because I have that requirement.

5.) Political reasons - you can recall anyone from any office just because you don't like them for any random reason at all. This is true, but such a reason is only sowing the seeds for a potential revolution if someone was willing to go down that path. But this is why we have a Constitution and it is also one of the nasty little flaws in the Constitution (someone hasn't done anything illegal or unconstitutional, but we don't like them so we'll recall them). A very Fascists flaw.

As much as we'd all love to see you hold your pee for 36 hours, I have no idea how this would work in a TNP context :P
It's quite simple. I just go on an insane tangent that lasts tons of posts until everyone else becomes too annoyed and/or bored to bother posting. ;)

I must say, I have difficulty believing that your inactivity in the last two-three years can be attributed to the notion that you were waiting to be brought up as a subject before this assembly. And if true, would in fact be more concerning to me, as I would have thought that sitting council members would have more respect for the region they claim to care so much about.

The detailed reason is that my father died, my brother died, and I was left to take care of my 92 year old bat-shit crazy mother. You try doing that and remaining active at anything. You wanted a reason, you got it.

That said, I have been keeping abreast of the goings on in TNP.

I'll he honest with you. I've done more for this region than anyone else and received more Hell for doing it. If you knew all the things I did to keep this region safe, you'd either praise me or run for the hills. I could tell you stuff that would curl your hair. If you knew what I had to do involving the NPIA and infiltrations of enemy region forums, you'd run and hide in a hole.

Believe me, I have more respect for this region than you could even think about having. I've been here since the region was created, I have been involved in no other region than TNP. Since 2002 I have been in NS. Can you say that? Not likely, because you probably weren't even born when this game was even started. Think about that.

Negligence or Malfeasance - Which goes out the window because I am not legally or constitutionally bound to engage in conversation in any way other than which I see fit.
I'm not convinced of your argument in relation to negligence. Much of what has been discussed is precisely that not having endotarted for the past two years represents means that you have not being responsibly conducting yourself in the position. The WADP may well have maintained your minimum requirements for the position, but this is despite your neglect to endotart. Additionally, while there is no legal requirement to discuss the issues at hand, I personally expect more from members of the Council. Becoming a part of one of the highest offices in the region should not be accompanied by only the bare minimum respect for the duties of that office.

I promise you a free pony!

If the speaker won't table this, as set by precedent (and I cite the Bigfoot Surstrommung Bill and others), then I move this go to a vote after seven days of discussion. There are a lot of issue here in terms of procedure, precedent and practice.

I now have the time to dedicate myself to to TNP with the goal of becoming Delegate.

A motion for a vote for the recall is acknowledged and it has properly been seconded.

Voting will be opened momentary and shall be open for 7 days.

I'm not convinced of your argument in relation to negligence. Much of what has been discussed is precisely that not having endotarted for the past two years represents means that you have not being responsibly conducting yourself in the position. The WADP may well have maintained your minimum requirements for the position, but this is despite your neglect to endotart. Additionally, while there is no legal requirement to discuss the issues at hand, I personally expect more from members of the Council. Becoming a part of one of the highest offices in the region should not be accompanied by only the bare minimum respect for the duties of that office.

So, in other words, you are holding me to your standard which you hold higher than the Law and Constitution? There is no legal requirement to actually endotart. There is only the Law to maintain a level of endorsements. What you are asking for is to remove someone from the SC because you personally don't want them there for whatever reason. If we we remove people for such personal and trivial reasons, then we are asking to descend into anarchy and totalitarianism and government by arbitrary and capricious means. Are you claiming the ability to make the trains run on time? Enquiring minds want to know.

Believe me, I have and do more than is required. The one time the SC was actually called into action I became a Caretaker Delegate and did my duty. And as for what have I done for you, I preserved the continuity of the region so you can sit there and criticise people without having a clue as to what was done for you before you even got here. Show some respect for the very people who bent over backwards for people like you who haven't a clue about what people did so you can complain about them when you haven't a clue.

I cautioned against the tone with which people were criticising you with in this thread before. It would be remiss not to also point out that your own tone is increasingly concerning.

We are grateful for all you've done for the region and I'm sure I speak for most when I say seeing you back and active would be a boon for the region, but you've not even endotarted, despite it being easier than ever, instead grandstanding in the RA. It's unfortunate but all you've done since returning is convince me that you are no longer an appropriate member of the sc.

The detailed reason is that my father died, my brother died, and I was left to take care of my 92 year old bat-shit crazy mother. You try doing that and remaining active at anything. You wanted a reason, you got it.
You have my sincere condolences.
I've done more for this region than anyone else and received more Hell for doing it. If you knew all the things I did to keep this region safe, you'd either praise me or run for the hills. I could tell you stuff that would curl your hair. If you knew what I had to do involving the NPIA and infiltrations of enemy region forums, you'd run and hide in a hole.

Believe me, I have more respect for this region than you could even think about having. I've been here since the region was created, I have been involved in no other region than TNP. Since 2002 I have been in NS. Can you say that? Not likely, because you probably weren't even born when this game was even started. Think about that.
I respect that you're defending yourself. I understand the anger. Your contributions to the region are noted - I do not doubt for an instant your loyalty to The North Pacific. But this motion for a recall isn't about that. Your credentials and history were never in question. Your lack of activity and continued failure to endotart are.
So, in other words, you are holding me to your standard which you hold higher than the Law and Constitution? There is no legal requirement to actually endotart. There is only the Law to maintain a level of endorsements. What you are asking for is to remove someone from the SC because you personally don't want them there for whatever reason. If we we remove people for such personal and trivial reasons, then we are asking to descend into anarchy and totalitarianism and government by arbitrary and capricious means.
I would like to reiterate - this isn't personal. And it certainly isn't trivial either - two years of inactivity is not insignificant. And while I do hold members of the SC to a higher standard, I don't think I need to. I think a valid argument can be made for negligence.
Believe me, I have and do more than is required. The one time the SC was actually called into action I became a Caretaker Delegate and did my duty. And as for what have I done for you, I preserved the continuity of the region so you can sit there and criticise people without having a clue as to what was done for you before you even got here. Show some respect for the very people who bent over backwards for people like you who haven't a clue about what people did so you can complain about them when you haven't a clue.
In light of recent events, and noting your current conduct, I have no choice but to continue to support this recall.

You have my sincere condolences.

I respect that you're defending yourself. I understand the anger. Your contributions to the region are noted - I do not doubt for an instant your loyalty to The North Pacific. But this motion for a recall isn't about that. Your credentials and history were never in question. Your lack of activity and continued failure to endotart are.

I would like to reiterate - this isn't personal. And it certainly isn't trivial either - two years of inactivity is not insignificant. And while I do hold members of the SC to a higher standard, I don't think I need to. I think a valid argument can be made for negligence.

In light of recent events, and noting your current conduct, I have no choice but to continue to support this recall.

You don't get it, do you?

Put it to a vote. No matter how it turns out, watch what happens.

As I've pointed out before, the Constibillocode only houses our bare minimum standards for officials. It is entirely within the RA's purview to hold its officials to more subjective or fluid standards, including inactivity that barely meets our legal minimum. Of course for these it requires a 2/3 majority vote but that's entirely fair for more subjective standards.

No matter how it turns out, watch what happens.
What I find concerning is that it needed to come to this point. Had this motion to recall your position from the SC not occurred, you would have continued to remain inactive, fulfilling only the bare minimum required. Now that you've returned, I'm sure there will be a spike in your activity, but I'm not sure how long that will last. Additionally, I would have liked to have seen more composure in your returning statement.

Let me tell you something. I started playing NS back in November 2002 when it started. Now, today, for the first time, I have been shit on by The North Pacific (a region I have always been in and no other). I am about to be removed from the Security Council (which I created) by the Speaker of the Regional Assembly who refused to table the bogus vote.

As a result, should I be voted off the SC for no legal reason other than they are targeting me for no reason, I will leave the reason and work to free The North Pacific form this tyranny.

I'm about done with The North Pacific after 16 years. You people are idiots to purge the very people who know how to get things done.

You're not being purged. You're being recalled from a role you yourself said doesn't matter for your goals. You are overreacting massively.

@Romanoffia your claim that you waited until someone noticed you were inactive to be active again is just...well it either comes off as a lie or as very, very odd.

And to proclaim the delegacy will be yours? In Canada we tend to not support anyone running for Prime Minister who outwardly seems to want to be Prime Minister :P
It’s kind of arrogant and off-putting and spits in the face of the people who have run this region in your absence when you declare their efforts uninspired.

And you take all of this and you wonder why people vote the way they do? You’ve been in this game longer than I have, and I’ve been playing it a long time. You’ve gotta have seen that coming.

Roman, given what you've described, I'd rather you focus on your family than an online game. I don't have the same responsibility to family that you do, but I assure you that if I ever got to the point where my family depended on my absolute attention I would be resigning from all of my positions, confident that those who come after me can continue on. Those of us who are active in the game are more than capable of keeping our community safe while you handle your affairs. I would much rather see the burden of a security councillor be lifted from you than to ask you to balance the same with your family affairs.

To be honest with you, Roman, I think things would go smoother and be more in your favor if you recognized this and resigned. If your situation changes where you are able to commit to the community again, you would be free to reapply.

Roman, first of all, glad to see you back. Second, I'm sorry for your losses. I hope you and your family are ok.

NS wise though, I find laughable the statement that you were waiting for your name brought up as result of your inactivity. That's certainly not the kind of thing we expect to hear from a member of SC. You are being recalled precisely due to this inactivity and what resulted from it. Like others have said here, your work in this region is noted and acknowledged. The whole problem here is a worrisome lack of activity, so let's not resort to unfounded accusations of tyranny and purges.

Look, in all reality, after many years, people who don't even know me have decided I've outlived my usefulness. Frankly, you are all probably right about this. I find it very sad that some people think they need to purge people who have violated no rule and have done their duty to the letter of the law. You are setting up a dangerous precedent. Mark my words.

@Romanoffia your claim that you waited until someone noticed you were inactive to be active again is just...well it either comes off as a lie or as very, very odd.

And to proclaim the delegacy will be yours? In Canada we tend to not support anyone running for Prime Minister who outwardly seems to want to be Prime Minister :P
It’s kind of arrogant and off-putting and spits in the face of the people who have run this region in your absence when you declare their efforts uninspired.

And you take all of this and you wonder why people vote the way they do? You’ve been in this game longer than I have, and I’ve been playing it a long time. You’ve gotta have seen that coming.

The North Pacific is not Canada. First of all, you don't even know me by your own admission. Second, you seem to think it arrogant if someone says they are going to run for Delegate in an election? How very rude of you.

I've about had it at this point. Purge away. Have at it. Have fun. Wreck the region if you want. I'm getting to the point that I don't really care, and that's a very sad state of affairs after being in NS since it was started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back