Technical Quotes Disappear from Quoted Posts when using the quote and reply features

Discussion in 'Feet on Head' started by Crushing Our Enemies, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Crushing Our Enemies

Crushing Our Enemies TNPer Administrator Supporter Security Council Attorney General Election Commissioner Citizen

Discord:
    COE#7110
    Quotes Disappear from Quoted Posts when using the quote and reply features

What I Did: Clicked on +Quote and then scrolled to the quick reply box and clicked "Insert Quotes" or clicked Reply at the bottom of a post that contains a quote.

What Should Have Happened: The full text of the post, including the quote it contained, should appear in the quick reply box, enclosed in a quote tag.

What Actually Happened: The text of the post appeared in the quick reply box, but the quote it contained was omitted.

Additional Information: I use chrome and windows. I don't recall this problem occurring before the last few days. I can manually copy and paste a nested quote and add my own tag, and it will appear in the finished post, but some don't notice the problem. For instance, this Wonderess quoting my post here: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9189657/#post-10217352 . The original post is directly before it in the thread.

2. Janus

Janus Eh? Citizen

Edit: Test case.

Edit 2: If this issue hasn't already been resolved, I just did the same (I was previously having the same problem, but can now do it.) Just hit the +Quote button, then hit the button on the lower left of the quote window 'Insert Quotes.'

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  3. Crushing Our Enemies

Crushing Our Enemies TNPer Administrator Supporter Security Council Attorney General Election Commissioner Citizen

Discord:
    COE#7110
    The above is what was inserted when I clicked +Quote below Janus' reply and then Insert Quotes.

4. Janus

Janus Eh? Citizen

Huh. Strange. Obviously it works when I do it.

That was my sole idea. grin