Esplandia

Factbook Addict
-
TNP Nation
Esplandia
Discord
esplandia
January 29, 2579

I left the homestead today. Farming was never my dream, like it had been pa’s, but I still feel a bit of guilt about it. This had been home my whole life. Now poor ma and Clancy are all that’s left to keep the place working. Ma says I’m being selfish and stupid, and mayhaps she is right, but that life ain’t for me.

Ma says the big cities are filled with rogues and ruffians, and even worse, rovers. I know she’s exaggerating. If it was that bad ain’t no one would wanna live their at all.

Mister Kaisharrow gave me a ride to the train station at Abermerl. He didn’t say anything. I think he was thinking I was a fool, but he didn’t say nothing. I certainly won’t miss this place nor all these Bible-thumpers. They’re just too judgmental and if’n they’d actually read the Bible they’d know that ain’t how it’s supposed to be.

My train will be in Atomic City by Friday. I’m truly excited to see the capital. It’s supposed to have actual lights and electricity. They even say there’s automobiles driving on the streets. That would be amazing to see. All I’ve ever seen was Pat’s old tractor and that thing ain’t ever run as far as I can reckon back.

I hear there’s factories there that’s always hiring strong backs. My back is pretty strong. Shouldn’t be no reason I can’t find something right away. As pa always used to say, “God will provide” so I ain’t worried. No sir.

My future is waiting and I’m going to meet it. To hell with what people back home say. Atomic City ain’t gonna beat me down.

Back