Election Commission Nominations of Brendog and Artemis

Discussion in 'Regional Assembly' started by Wonderess, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Wonderess

Wonderess A lowly member of the faithful Supporter Citizen

TNP Nation:
    Castle Federation
    Discord:
    Wonderess #6213
    The Delegate has nominated Artemis and Brendog to continue their service to the Election Commission. Discussion of this is to take place here.

Yuno likes this.
  2. Praetor

Praetor Hoppin' Around Deputy Minister NPA Citizen

TNP Nation:
    Praeceps
    Discord:
    Praetor#6889
    I would like to object to Artemis based upon only receiving the nomination because of his BFF status with McM.

Siwale, St George, Yuno and 4 others like this.
  3. Yuno

Yuno TNPer Supporter NPA Citizen

TNP Nation:
    yuno owl
    (a Deputy Speaker is allowed to serve on the Election Commission? Didn’t notice that was a thing til now. What about speaker?)
    I will vote for Artemis and Brendog. Good luck to both

4. Crushing Our Enemies

Crushing Our Enemies TNPer Supporter Security Council Attorney General Election Commissioner Citizen

Discord:
    COE#7110
    Election Commissioners are exempt from the constitutional restrictions on holding multiple offices, Yuno. The rationale behind that is that we need a sizeable number of knowledgeable people for the commission to run effectively, and they serve for relatively long terms. To facilitate that, we need a wide pool if applicants who are already involved in the regional government. Placing restrictions on that makes it difficult.

I fully support these reappointments, and I would suggest that we proceed to a vote soon. So far, every reappointment has passed with minimal opposition, and I don't anticipate any break in that pattern here.

Yuno and Dinoium like this.
  5. Yuno

TNP Nation:
    yuno owl
    I second the motion

Dinoium likes this.
  6. Crushing Our Enemies

Crushing Our Enemies TNPer Supporter Security Council Attorney General Election Commissioner Citizen

Discord:
    COE#7110
    I didn't actually make a motion there, just a suggestion that we not delay too long before making a motion :P

Dinoium, Yuno and Wonderess like this.
  7. Dinoium

Dinoium Hard Contributor of Communications NPA Deputy Attorney General Citizen

TNP Nation:
    Dinoium
    Discord:
    Dino#0558
    Correct. The Election Commission is not part of the Executive, Judiciary, or Legislative Branch by law. It's sort of like Deputy Ministers. While yes the Election Commission is defined as law to exist to supervise elections, they are not defined by law to be part of any branch. Deputy Ministers are not part of any of the branches. They are employees of the Government like anybody else who joins the Executive Staff, they are just high ranking officials of the Body run by a Executive Officer (Minister). Let me bring up 2 sections of the General Positions Article of the Constitution:
    I could be Minister of Communications but not Deputy Attorney General because Minister of Communications is an official of the Executive Branch and thus an Executive Officer while Deputy Attorney General is part of the judiciary. That's how you could think of it. Let me quote another part of the Constitution.
    Ministers aren't defined by law but Executive Officers are. Ministers are Executive Officers thus part of the Executive.

Anyways, full support for Artemis and Brendog. :)

Yuno likes this.
  8. Owenstacey

Owenstacey TNPer Deputy Minister Election Commissioner NPA Citizen

I 100% support both Artemis and Brendog, and echo COE's call for the vote to take place sooner rather than later.

Yuno and Dinoium like this.
  9. Dinoium

TNP Nation:
    Dinoium
    Discord:
    Dino#0558
    As an update.
    With Artemis's and Brendog's Election Commission membership overlasped, I believe we should get this to a vote soon. I'll see if any other questions come up in the meantime.

Yuno likes this.
  10. Yuno

TNP Nation:
    yuno owl
    In that case, I motion this to vote

Dinoium likes this.
  11. Dinoium

TNP Nation:
    Dinoium
    Discord:
    Dino#0558
    I second the motion for a vote.

12. Wonderess

Wonderess A lowly member of the faithful Supporter Citizen

TNP Nation:
    Castle Federation
    Discord:
    Wonderess #6213
    The motion and second has been noted and recognized. A vote shall begin tomorrow at 1 PM EST and last 4 days.