Minister of Culture
-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
This bill is rather straightforward, while we have Blue Day that recognizes Old Blue, I think we should should have a day to recognize our current forum and our administrators, supporters, and citizens that make it possible. Maybe that is all covered under Blue Day, so let me know your thoughts.

The reasoning for October 1st is we moved into this forum at the beginning of October, and we currently have no holidays in October.

Section 10.2 of the Legal Code will be amended as follows:

Section 10.2: Celebration Days

7. Flag Day will be observed on the twenty-sixth of April, to commemorate the adoption of the flag of The North Pacific.
8. Democracy Day will be observed on the seventh of July, to recognizes the day the Constitution was ratified, and honor the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Legal Code of The North Pacific.
9. Delegates' Day will be observed on the ninth of September, to acknowledge the hard work of delegates past and present and praise their great contributions to the region.
10. Forum Day will be observed on the first of October, recognizing our current forum and the people, both staff and supporters, that make it possible.
11. NationStates Day will be observed on the thirteenth of November, to celebrate the establishment of NationStates and provide an opportunity to extend fellowship throughout the NationStates communities.
12. Celebration Days may be observed by regional events, festivals, games, contests, or other activities designed to evoke the spirit of the holiday.
13. The Delegate may proclaim additional one-time Celebration Days during the year as desired.

It’s harmless enough. I’m not against adding holidays but I can’t remember what, if anything, we did for the other forum celebration holiday, so I couldn’t even say if it is or isn’t something that could encompass both things you want to celebrate.

I disagree with Ghost for the sake of disagreeing!

Although slightly unrelated, we are a bit unlucky by circumstance in that all our holidays are in one half of the year :(

As one of the people primarily responsible for celebrating these holidays: how will we celebrate this? Can it be combined with blue day somehow?

Although slightly unrelated, we are a bit unlucky by circumstance in that all our holidays are in one half of the year :(
Is that such a bad thing? It allows us to prepare better, and focus our efforts; plus, it creates a sort of "holiday season"!

As one of the people primarily responsible for celebrating these holidays: how will we celebrate this? Can it be combined with blue day somehow?
I think combining it with Blue Day is probably the best thing we can do, the issue is, Blue Day is a memorial holiday, not a celebration one.

I want a “Forum Day” to be about the people, and it appears Blue Day was written to really focus on Old Blue, which was a great forum, but a majority of us never were on Old Blue, and really Aqua (our previous ZB forum) was where most of us got started. And for our future citizens, this current forum will be all they ever know.

My inspiration is kinda Flag Day, a way for us to appreciate our flag, its different versions, and its impact on us. We could do a skin making contest, or pull up Old Blue posts from way back when, and be excited about where we were, and how we plan to move forward as a forum community.

A very communal holiday. Cause without a forum, we’re nothing.

I haven’t exactly seen Blue Day been celebrated, so I thought having a forum holiday would be great.

I'm not super comfortable with this holiday as it's currently written, to be honest. People who donate money to the forum already get recognized in a couple of small ways, and I think a holiday that also celebrates them is overkill. I don't want us to get so focused on money money money that we treat non-donors as second-class citizens.

As for recognizing admins... eh. We don't really do what we do to be celebrated. Thanks are certainly appreciated, but I don't think it needs to be a whole big thing.

Back