Results: World Cup 2018

zjgvxv6.png
Goyanean National Team gets ready for first round of 16 game against Syrixia
Dag Einarsson -- Highton City, Highton -- Dec. 13, 2018

The Goyanean national team was seen having scrimmage matches and practicing skills today at a practice field ahead of Saturday, December 15th's big game against Syrixia. Goyanes, the group A winners, have moved on to the round of 16 against all odds, and has a chance at the world cup finals.

We caught up with Head Coach Thor Hannan and had a couple words. Here's a transcript of the interview.

D: "So, Coach Hannan, how do you feel the team has prepared for the big game Saturday?"

T: "I think it's coming along well. As the Ascalonians say, 'zhunbei hao le.' We're out here doing some matches, working and refining our skills, and doing the best we can."

D: "Very good. How do you say Admunsson and Nyberg are going to do?"

T: "Well, they're our star players. We're going to work and do the best we can, but ultimately it's all about working together as a team to get that ball in the damn goal."

D: "I think we'll do just fine on Saturday. Wish 'ya luck, coach."

T: "Thank you, Dag."

Well, our best analysts say we have a shot, but we here at GRK ultimately think it's going to be a toss up. We're hoping for a strong Goyanean victory. Go big blue!

BRING IT ON! Fans hyped up for Krevt's first match of Round Of 16 against Microneia! Team to get some tweaks.

After Krevt's team got qualified for Round Of 16, Fans across Krevt enjoyed. Hours of Practice and Effort yielded Hours of Celebrations! The Income Tax Department saw a rise in Revenue by 5% during Krevt's match against Lotion Empire.

Chalap Thakur (Captain) has even announced that they'll do some tweaks in the Formation after seeing a rise in difficulty in Matches.
However This time, the Team has really fastened their seatbelts. Looking at the Pressure from Fans across Krevt, Team's Coach has upgraded the Training HQ Of Krevt located in Nessuno. New Simulators and Realtime Interactive Dummy Bot Players have been introduced. This will further enhance the Team's capability and Skills.
The Coach on Wednesday said "See, Microneia ..... well they have done pretty well after looking at last Match stats. The only problem that we're facing is... lack of coordination. Not to mention, Chalap did improve last time, however Most of the passes went void! The ball either went to LE's players or the speed of players didn't seem to synchronize with position of ball.
We'll work upon that and this time we'll play the match with much more precision! Hail Motherland!"

Who is in the round of 16?
Malta Comino Gozo news, has released the full fixtures of the world cup

December 15th
Goyanes - Syrixia

Coco’s Park (Highton City)

December 15th

The AP Republic - North Armatas

Stadio Diego de la Vega (America)

December 16th

The Islands of Tonga - Territorio di Nessuno

Jack Field (Lighton)

December 16th

First Republic of the Giandra - Malta Comino Gozo

Ehm Olympic Stadium (Ehm)

December 17th

Highton Islands - Surikatia

Aleman Stadium (Glöckenkirchen)

December 17th

The Lancerian Empire - Govornia

Karl Franz Aerena (Jang Bogo)

December 18th

Yemet - Prydania

Phoenix Stadium (Port Phoenix)

December 18th

Krevt - Microneia

Stade du Territoire Metropolitaine (Ehm)

Quarter Finals 20th 21st of December.

MCG 1 Sport News

Two countries competing in the North Pacific World Cup. A matchup unlike any the two countries have ever seen. North Armatas, the 2nd ranked team from Group D comes into the matchup with a record of 1-1-1. A third generation soccer player named Lucas Newman leads the North Pacific World Cup’s top ranked Group C team. A game that can separate friends and families. AP Republic, North Armatas. In a battle to advance to the 2nd round is next on APR Sports Network.

joSxpsW.png

Round of 16 clash set for Glöckenkirchen
- Highton will play Surikatia at Aleman Stadium
- “We are prepared,” says Wehr
- Alexís, Vard, Galeta all set to return
GLÖCKENKIRCHEN, AL — 49,000 tickets have been sold meaning that the Aleman Stadium will be filled to the brim for Highton’s Round of 16 clash with Surikatia. Manager Eric Wehr said last night in an interview that “We are prepared. There is a good chance that we will see Alexís take the field tomorrow, but that is out of my hands at the moment.” Last night, Alexís posted on Fluttr saying that “the recovery is going very well and I’m looking forward to Saturday.” Wehr was asked whether Emil Galeta had earned his place in the team for another game: “Definitely. Unless something drastic happens in the next 24 hours, Galeta will be starting the match.” Vard didn’t start the match against Sanjurika, but came off the bench to score twice and will probably start against Surikatia. The Blue Cocos want to solidify themselves as championship contenders following and excellent pair of wins against Advancia-Sizzletown and Sanjurika. The other match being played today has been getting most of the attention: the clash between Goyanes and Syrixia set for Coco’s Park, dubbed the Third Nordic-Imperial War, will decide whether the Syrixian dream of football going gold will stay alive or if the underdog Gojan team can advance further in the competition.
er2EQZfl.png

Z8kYmXV.png

LIONS PREPARE FOR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED GAME AGAINST GOYANES
by Vikram Mehta in Pataliputra
December 15, 1999

HIGHTON CITY, HIGHTON – The World Cup knockout match against Goyanes is fast approaching, with game start being only hours away. Highly-anticipated, the game has been dubbed the "Third Nordic-Imperial War" by Lions and Big Blue fans alike. This is in reference to a series of conflicts during the colonial era between the two nations, then fierce enemies. The wars are often seen as a source of playful banter between Syrixians and Goyaneans- whose nations and peoples are now much closer- today, as evidenced by the unofficial name bestowed upon the upcoming match.

Both the Imperial and Goyanean teams have reportedly been having scrimmage matches and honing their skills today at practice fields. We asked Lions coach Suresh Reddy what he thought about the game, and he had this to say: "I would say this is a once-in-a-lifetime matchup. Here we have two teams, both with equally bad reputations. And yes, I won't deny that; we haven't done well at all in recent decades. Everyone knows that. But it appears that not only us but also a handful of other teams that usually don't do well are excelling. The fact of the matter is, football's changing, and this is the year that made it happen."

Reddy continued, "Alongside titans like Krevt and Malta, we have, obviously, states like the Empire and Goyanes. And I think this game will be one to remember for a long time." As for who he believed was going to win, Coach Reddy had this to say: "Well, we've been taking things one game at a time, and we've been putting our heart and soul into it. I think we're going to come out on top, not just in this game, but in the Cup itself. I hear the fans; all of us on the team hear them. This is their team, and by Prajapati, football's going gold."

The game will be broadcast worldwide tonight at 7 PM, Highton time.

Translation by Sucheta Sharma
December 15, 1999

Share This Story!

Live on APR Sports Network:

A sold out crowd here in Stadio Diego de la Vega of 87,523. A battle between Group C #1 and Group D #2, AP Republic and North Armatas!
And Coach Saunders of the AP Republic is currently undefeated as the AP Republicans take the field as they try to keep their World Cup title dreams and undefeated record alive with a win over North Armatas today

(Pressbox mic worker: ARE YOU READY???!!!!!!!!!)

(Spectators go wild, vuvuzelas start blaring)

You can just feel the intensity of this matchup right now as these two teams take the field. And we’re underway from Stadio Diego de la Vega!

(Kickoff begins, crowd starts cheering)

zjgvxv6.png
Local: Viewing locations in Gojannesstad for the first Ro16 match
Heidi Øyvind -- Gojannesstad, Nyhett -- Dec. 14, 2018

Everyone in Goyanes is on edge for today's so-called "3rd Nordic-Imperial War" match, but if you live in the big GS you can come watch it on the big screen with your friends and family. Inside the walls, there are several screens set up at Nimrøyke Park. On 59-Strasse and Hl. Johan Bane there's a large screen, as well as at 86-Strasse and Danneg IV-Bane. There's also a big screen located at Maderberg Park on the 42-Strasse side. Inside Gojannesstad Stortoghass there will be a screen set up in the Vanderfjerg Concourse on the north end of the station.

Outside the walls, there's screens set up at Densmerke Park, Danau Park, Kvillingsberger Park, Van Ragnar Park, and Indunstad Park. U-Baner trains to these locations are expected to be busy, so plan to lead with ample time. If this is all too much, you could always just watch from home, but there's no fun in that, right?

If you want to have some food or drink while watching the game, there's ample food and drink at pubs and restaurants, and many are offering specials for the big game. Some notable specials are at Ascalon's Finest, their food halls are offering food and drink at half price during the game at both locations (inside Norr, Slk. Tower and on the corner of Renkvist Bane and Danneg IV-Bane).

Z8kYmXV.png

"THIRD NORDIC-IMPERIAL WAR" SPAWNS EMPIRE-WIDE FAN MOBILIZATION
by Prakash Patel in Pataliputra
December 15, 1999

PATALIPUTRA, SYRIXIAN EMPIRE – As the "Third Nordic-Imperial War" comes even closer, with game time only 2 hours away, Syrixian denizens of the Internet have unleashed what has widely been dubbed as a "tsunami of memes", Lions merchandise sales have skyrocketed, and numerous celebrities and other public figures from politicians to reportedly even HM the Emperor himself have joined the fray to show support for the Lions.

Reportedly, printers have been hacked to print out "football's going gold" flyers, digital influencers have bought billboards and Vatsa Square jumbotron air time in order to air messages in support of the Lions, and posters telling when and on what television networks to watch the game have been put up en masse by fans. VidCast CEO Sahil Ranamurthy also released a notice that the game would be streamed on VidCast, for the benefit of both Lions and Big Blue fans alike.

In addition, celebrities from Jaywant Pandya to Abhishek Roshan enthusiastically jumped onto the bandwagon, with Pandya releasing his own cover of "Gold Lion", the song that has spread like wildfire as an unofficial anthem for the Lions, and Roshan going so far as to paint his entire set yellow and walk onto the stage in a lion costume- an action that in it of itself spawned even more Internet memes.

Suresh Reddy, the Lions coach, awestruck by the fans' dedication, had this to say: continued, "Both myself and the team are immensely grateful for the dedication of the fans. I'll tell you all this now- we won't let you down. That's a promise. Stay tuned and watch us win. It's going gold."

December 15, 1999

Share This Story!

zjgvxv6.png
Høyhastikettog trains to offer live score reports of the big game
Thor Renvistsson -- Gojannesstad, Nyhett -- Dec. 14, 2018

As the kickoff for the big game grows ever closer, GJ, the state railway company of Goyanes has said that conductors on the Høyhastikettog, Goyanes' world-famous high speed railway, have been instructed to offer live score updates of the "3rd N-I War" as it has been called by fans.

The press release by GJ today stated that "to embrace the world cup spirit, conductors will be making score updates as the game progresses tonight onboard Høyhastikettog trains." Many have taken to flutter to express their gratitude, such as this user who posted:

Harald Heinriksson
@hh1818
h0xDKaM.png

@Jårnbaner Thanks for giving us score reports for the game! Can't wait to ride the train tonight. #BigBlue #WorldCup2018 #3rdNIWar

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
4,234 ~ 8,712

RpWRj5I.png

This comes as no new surprise, especially after GJ installed a big screen inside Vanderfjerg Councourse of Stortoghass Station to cast the big game to commuters and travelers alike. GJ also painted some Gojannesstad commuter railcars with GBS (national team) logos and insignia so as to promote the big game.

More details on the game will be released with time.

Knock-Outs Set To Begin, Tragedy Strikes Lancerian Captain
Anne Tessaix, Dec. 14th 2018

Spirits were high amongst the Lancerian side at this year's World Cup, locking in a spot for the knock-out rounds. The team is set to face Govornia after finishing at the top of their group through the qualifying matches. Goalkeeper Alfred Grenier said yesterday morning, "We're practicing and preparing. We hope to make a deep run after our successful early games and thats fully what we intend to do."

Unfortunately however, tragedy has struck captain Florent Harland. Sûreté du Lannes (Lannes Provincial Police) confirmed last night that the captain's mother, Mrs. Aude Harland's vehicle was hit by a drunk driver, causing a 3 vehicle collision on a highway outside of Sérurier in which Mrs. Harland was killed. While Florent was not available for any questions today, team manager Roland Leclair and head coach Royden Dupéré released the following statement from their captain in a press conference this afternoon.

"My mother supported my dreams through all of her life. I can thank her for driving me to practices, paying for equipment, supporting me at games, and doing whatever it took to allow me to take full advantage of the opportunities given to me. Without her I would not be where I am today and I know that she wouldn't just want me to continue playing, but to continue playing with everything I have, for her, for my teammates, and for my country. Expect to see me on the field at my best."

Z8kYmXV.png

KALETY GRANTS BLANK CHECK TO IMPERIAL NETWORKS
December 15, 1999

KALETY, SYRIXIAN EMPIRE – With the "Third Nordic-Imperial War" only an hour away, the Rada Mayoralności of Kalety has released a groundbreaking decision- the Free City of Kalety, one of two Imperial Autonomous Regions, will be issuing Imperial television networks what amounts to a blank check to broadcast the 1999 World Cup on the island.

Normally reclusive and protective in many departments as it regards to the greater Imperial media, Kalety stands in stark contrast to the Truong Autonomous Region, which has allowed IBC, GBK, and other networks to operate within its borders for decades. Kaleta authorities have generally preferred to allow Kaleta media outlets greater mobility, a pro-domestic business ideology that has thrived politically on the island.

Congress quickly passed Declaratory Act 242, commending the Rada Mayoralności for its decision, praising it as a patriotic move and a step towards bringing Imperials of all ethnicities together. When asked for comment at a press conference, Grand Prince Antoni Dobrowski had the following to say: "I'm happy to see the bill pass. I think this World Cup- one of a magnitude we haven't seen in decades- is something we can all rally around. It's about time that we stop restricting freedom of the press, and I'm glad that now this has become a reality."

Continuing, Dobrowski offered encouragement to the Lions: "Kalety stands in solidarity with our fellow citizens, and with our Lions." He then brought forth a smile, saying, "Football's going gold." This was followed by a rousing applause.

December 15, 1999

Share This Story!

zjgvxv6.png
Pre-match interview with Captain Admunsson before the Big Game
Dag Einarsson -- Highton City, Highton -- Dec. 14, 2018

As the kickoff for the big game grows ever closer, Goyanes' team captain Jorgen Admunsson was interviewed by GRK sports reporter Dag Einarsson. Here's the transcript:

D: "So, Jorgen, how are you feeling about todays game?"

J: "I feel good. We'll see what happens on the field."

D: "How do you feel about the Syrixians and their 'going gold'?"

J: "It's dumb, but what can you do. Fans will be fans, right?"

D: "Right on Jorgen. How do you feel about GBS' amazing run so far in the cup?"

J: "I feel incredibly blessed to be here today, and if God wills it, we'll win."

D: "Alright, thank you Jorgen, go Big Blue!"

J: "Thanks Dag."

We can see Jorgen's cool and collected before the match, but now it's up to the team to perform on the field for the big game. Let's hope we win. Go big blue!

zjgvxv6.png
Goyanean National Team donates ∆100 million to Gojannesstad Children's Hospital
Markus Valenda -- Gojannesstad, Nyhett -- Dec. 14, 2018

Capitalizing on mass merchandise sales, the Goyanean National Team has donated ∆100 million drams of profit to the St. helena Children's hospital in Gojannesstad. A new cancer treatment ward will be built, and dubbed the Hannan Cancer Center, in honor of coach Thor Hannan, who proposed the decision at the directors meeting yesterday.

The national team also has flown 30 terminally-ill children to Highton City for the big game in cooperation with the Shooting Star Society, which grants final wishes to dying children. One child was quoted as saying "I'm so happy I'll be able to see Big Blue in action! Especially at the world cup!"

Social media has commended the action by the Goyanean team. One Altsprak.gj (a Goyanean microblogging website) one user commented "I love this. We need more love in our country."

Big Blue will be playing tonight at 7:00 PM Highton Time. Fans across Goyanes will be tuned into the big game against Syrixia.

Z8kYmXV.png

LIVE: FANS BEGINNING TO GATHER IN VATSA SQUARE
December 15, 1999

LIVE FROM PATALIPUTRA, SYRIXIAN EMPIRE – I'm here in Vatsa Square, reporting for IBC News on the field. The square is chock-full of fans, roaring and ready to watch the kickoff. By all accounts this may be one of the most popular football games we've seen in a long time.

As expected, chants of "IT'S GOING GOLD, IT'S GOING GOLD, IT'S GOING, FOOTBALL'S GOING GOLD" are ringing throughout the square. I've noticed IPPD officers, some hidden and some not-so-hidden, surrounding the mass of fans in the square; no doubt to prevent any riots that may occur.

Lots of people brought food, drinks, and more. Methinks this'll take a while to clean up! We'll see what happens- I'll keep releasing live updates as things continue and progress.

Translation by Prakash Patel
December 15, 1999

Share This Story!

Z8kYmXV.png

EXCLUSIVE: PRE-KICKOFF INTERVIEW WITH LIONS COACH
December 15, 1999

HIGHTON CITY, HIGHTON – With the "Third Nordic-Imperial War" only minutes away, IBC News reporter Mateusz Winiarski has managed to catch up with Lions coach Suresh Reddy for a brief pregame interview.

M: So firstly, I have to ask- what do you think about all the support that's come out for the team? Do you think that'll make a difference?

S: Absolutely. We all know what the stakes are tonight. Confidence amongst both team and fans is high, confidence that I share. I'm awed and grateful for all the support!

M: A lot of people in other countries have made fun of "Gold Lion", which has become immensely popular in the run-up to the game. What do you think of that?

S: I'm not surprised, but I like it. It's a good song, and a great rallying cry. I think it'll propel us to victory!

M: Well, I can't wait to see how it goes. Good luck, and go Lions!

S: Thanks! We'll need it!

December 15, 1999

Share This Story!

KUSENHELM GAMBLING REVIEW
~The finest in sports and racing statistics and speculation~
Much is being speculated for today's world cup match against Syrixia. Our hometown underdogs, the Big Blue, have gone against all odds this year, even our own. We've taken into account past statistics, and current breaking data to compile our opinion of today's match. Here's our prediction:

TOSS UP

We feel both teams are very evenly matched today, and that it's going to come down to luck. If you are betting on players, put your money on Admunsson or Nyberg. Both are excellent players and have great attack on the field. It's most likely going to come out as a defensive game with both sides pitting their defenses against each other in an attempt to keep the scores in their favor.

The Seggen Casino in Hirendag had its sports betting tables filled to the brim earlier as people put down their wagers for tonights game. Alvin Normeyer, our field analyst, was there interviewing betters. Most refused to comment out of superstition, however one did talk to Mr. Normeyer. "I've already lost enough on hockey matches, those darn Yellowjackets always winning. I honest;y don't know who's win, but I don't care. I've already given these [expletives] my life savings.

Syrixia's huge defeat was sure: say Krevti Football Fans.
After A massive defeat yesterday, Krevti Football fans are claiming that the defeat was a sure one. They claim that the Team seemed to have already been under Bad Reputation. And such reputation results in low motivation among the players. This reflected in Yesterday's match. Hope we will prove our best against Microneia on Coming Tuesday.

zjgvxv6.png
BREAKING: Goyanean National Team smokes Syrixia 3-0
Dag Einarsson -- Highton City, Highton -- Dec. 14, 2018

The long awaited "3rd Nordic-Imperial War" came to a conclusion today with Big Blue smoking the so-called "lions" and handing them a complete shutout. The first two goals were scored by Admunsson (23' and 34') and the third was scored by Nyberg (58'). The game was intense, and there was jubilation across pubs and watch parties all across the nation.

The Goyaneans have overcome all odds and have succeeded, making it to the round of 8. We'll see how we do in the next rounds. Dag Einarsson conducted an interview with Captain Admunsson after the game. Here is the transcript:

D: "So, Jorgen, how'd it go out there?"

J: "We did great Dag. We worked our asses off and we got the goddamn payday in the end."

D: "I saw you limping in the minutes before you took your second shot, what was that all about."

J: "Yeah I think I tweaked my ankle. Hurt like hell. Still scored the goal though, baby!"

D: "Yep, you did great there."

J: "Hell yeah. It isn't going gold now, is it."

D: "It sure as hell ain't. Thanks for talking with me Jorgen."

J: "No problem Dag."

Live from MCG Sports

Breaking News!

Its not going gold!

The highly awaited 3rd Nordic-Imperial War" ended in Syrixian Empire 0-3 Goyanes! A estimated 500 million tuned in to watch the game live on MCG Sports with the Malta Comino Gozoan fans supporting Goyanes! TV's screens up and down the country in every pub and bar showed the game live, MCG Sports was live at Kingdom Plaza, where fans went crazy every time Goyanes scored. The atmosphere was electric!

Malta Comino Gozo Minnows face Giandra on Tuesday!

December 16th

First Republic of the Giandra - Malta Comino Gozo

Ehm Olympic Stadium (Ehm)
MCG Sports 1 Tuesday 18:00

If Malta win the world cup is in reach

Pre-game Interview with AP Republic Team Captain Lucas Newman before North Armatas Matchup

Holly Ellis – Stadio Diego de la Vega, America – December 15, 2018
As kickoff time between the AP Republic and North Armatas looms closer with each passing minute and hour. APR Sports Network reporter Holly Ellis interviews AP Republic Team Captain Lucas Newman prior to the APR’s big match up with North Armatas. Here’s a look at her interview with Lucas Newman:

H: Lucas, it’s great to have you here with us today

LN: Thank you Holly, it’s a pleasure being here

H: So Lucas how are you feeling about today’s matchup?

LN: I know it’s going to be a great game today, but we’ll see what happens on the field. I mean North Armatas is a great team with great players and an outstanding coaching staff. I’m confident we can win, but regardless, we need to step up our game, get out there, and play some good ball.

H: Now you said that you’re a third generation football player. How does this affect you in a mental sense? I mean are you feeling the pressure from having to win knowing that your family's watching? What’s racing through your mind right now as we speak?

LN: The pressure is always going to be there whether you’re the first football player in your family or if you come from a family of football players, but regardless you just have to do your best to not let it get to your head and have it get the better of you. I mean I’m not just here for my family, I’m also here for my team and my country. The entire AP Republic is counting on us and we don’t have any intentions of letting our country or people down especially when they’ve come so far from home just so they can be here to cheer us on as we play tonight. It’s not just my family that’s watching, but my whole country, and the entire North Pacific will be watching too; and we’re here to make a statement in the national spotlight.

H: Very interesting perspective you have Lucas. How do you feel about your team’s progress in the World Cup so far?

LN: We’ve come a long way since we’ve made it to the Group round of the World Cup as nobody really anticipated that we’d actually finish 1st in Group C and get to the elimination round with an undefeated record. I feel incredibly blessed right now to be here with my coach and teammates and having the privilege of playing such a good team with the entire North Pacific watching us. I’m praying to heaven that we can beat North Armatas and that heaven will be with us tonight.

H: Alright, thank you Lucas

LN: Thank you Holly

joSxpsW.png

It's not going gold
- Syrixia eliminated by Goyanes
- Blues defeat Lions 3-0 at Coco's Park
- Admundsson brace secures win
HIGHTON CITY, NH — The Gold Lions of Syrixia walked off the hallowed turf in shame and were rushed to the team bus. While the Gojan team celebrated for a long time following the conclusion of the match, millions of fans across the Phoenix Strait shut off their television screens in disgust. The internet erupted with memes surrounding the losing side who had seen themselves as all but a lock to go all the way. Fans everywhere watched the game intensely, with supporters in Goyanes and Syrixia gathering in huge numbers around mega screens hoping that their side would emerge victorious. The match kicked off with 80,000 screaming fans, split relatively evenly between the two teams, standing as the national anthems were played. The match, dubbed the "Third Nordic-Imperial War," was filled with emotion as the two teams played extremely aggressively straight from the kickoff. After 23 minutes, Admundsson made it 1-0, and, and nine minutes later doubled the bead. Nygett completed the rout right before the hour mark.
Football's Not Going Gold
Gregg Thomas

14 December 2018
That was the best moment of my life

0r2Oq6f.png

The Christmas miracle

When all hope seemed lost and we all now awaited with resignation the exit from the cup here comes the unexpected, so incredible to seem true, the final result.

Territorio di Nessuno beats Rosewood 3-0.

The news hit the Dispersi like a bolt from the blue, and while they were still trying to understand what happened, here comes the second result.

Habanan - Yemet 0-0

At that point the whole nation was shaken by an unrestrained wave of optimism. The national team has passed the group stage.
"I never stop believing in boys," said the coach, after being led in triumph by the team "despite all the adversities they have continued to fight, with their nails and teeth, for 90 minutes, without ever getting lost. Today they have been able to show everyone that nothing is ever taken for granted "
It is a new state of confidence that the nation is preparing for the next match against Tonga, this time away on Highton, following this team that, in good or bad, always menage to surprise us.

From Il Ghepardo dello Sport

Armatasian News Network
Another Victory for the National Team

The National Team has done it again. In its last game it overpowerd its Enemy with overwhelming Force in the second half driving the watchers all around the Nation into a Patriotic frenzy.

The Game started fairly evenly for both sides, no side made some immediate gains, and when the AP Republics Team struck their first goal, some even said things didnt look good for our Team. The whole first half, felt like a tense standoff between both teams. neither side seemed to dominate the Game, and every offensive action was immmediatly counterd by the opposing Team.

At the half way Point it stood 2:2, no Team seeemingly having an advantage on their side, the Fans were calm and in thought how the Game would Play out in the second Half, and the player moved slowly into the backstage area. after the Break both Teams returned, the Armatasians still eager to win. But it seemed the attrition playstyle of the first half had taken its toll on the Ap Republics Team.

Not long after the beginning of the second half, our team scored its Third Goal, mobillising the Fans to start voicing their Support in full Force. A trend which continued to the End of the Match. AP Rebublics Team meanwhile seemd to fail to mount any meaningfull response to the Armatasian Attacks, trying to assemble a steady defensive, before they could strike back against the Armatasians. But the oppertunity never presented itself. Our Team kept of the Offensive pushing the Enemy Team to their proverbial breaking Point. the Substitution of Players, didnt seem to help the situation for the AP Republic.

Their defense crumbeld under the onslaught of our Team, and many Balls were firerd at the Enemy Goal though they didnt quite Reached into the Goal, due to Ap Republics still capable Goalkeeper. A few of the more Hot-headed Fans apparently started acussing various Players and Personell of foul play. But finally one last TIme the defenses of the AP Republic fell against the attack of our Team and with a Beautifull Header the Ball landed in the Goal. At that point everyone knew, this was it. Armatas had prevailed again and might be on their way to even Greater Sucess. After the Game the Trainer adressed the Press.
"it was a Great Game and i cant fully express how proud i am of the Team, we worked hard to come this far and will only continue to work hard as far as we can. Thank you."

Meanwhile the Streets in Armatas were filled with celebrating Fans, honking Cars cluttering the Streets, and Partys everywhere. Things may only escelate thefurther Armatas advances up the Ranks.

Jorgen Hinterland
@alonewriter
h0xDKaM.png

Who will reach the Gold? who knows, our team is of to the Race. #AdvanceArmatas

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
54 ~ 2561

RpWRj5I.png

Malta's biggest game yet?

With just one day to go before @Malta Comino Gozo face @Giandria people are asking, could MCG actually win it? In a recent survey by MCG Sports 96% of the 100, 000 polled, said they think Malta Comino Gozo could win, but one team right stands in their way, Giandra, with a W-D-W in their group. The game is hosted in the city of Ehm in the Ehm Olympic stadium with a capacity of 74,475. The team details are yet to be announced and people are not sure whether Ray Borg will make an changes to his winning side that beat Treshmania. Malta Comino Gozo places 2nd in their group behind Krevt.

MCG Sports wishes all the best to Malta Comiono Gozo and all the other teams!

MCG Sports 1

Huge Traffic!
Traffic across the Krevti Megacities is being observed as the people have taken short leaves from work and returning home to watch the Telecast of Krevti-Microneian Football match with their family members. The Railway stations are overloaded and Vehicular Jam across the National Highways is being observed. The Town Planning and Supervision Authority of Krevt has advised the citizens who have not yet taken leave to kindly remain wherever they are and the Ministry Of Sports' officials will come to Offices to provide screening of The match. Drones have been put across the highways to supervise and coordinate the traffic.
Stay Tuned For More
Best of Luck to @Microneia Football Team

Old Results, couldn't be posted until now due to technical problems:
Highton 3-1 Surikatia
Govornia 1-3 Lancerian Empire
Yemet 2-3aet Prydania

Results from Today:
Krevt p1-1 Microneia
Malta CG 2-0 Giandra

*-Krevt defeated Microneia 4-2 on penalties

yWGW6GK.png

Last edited:
Malta Comino Gozo v Giandra
malta_comino_gozo__673416.png
V
first_republic_of_the_giandra__62169.jpg

GK Andrew Mogg 2 March 1985 (age 33)
23px-Flag_of_Malta.svg.png
Hibernians
DF Ferdinando Apapappapapappa 29 July 1992 (age 26)
Victoria Hotspurs
DF Andrei Sagius 12 August 1986 (age 32)
Hibernians
DF Ryann Camilleri 22 May 1988 (age 30)
Valletta
MF Clinton Failla 8 January 1986 (age 32) Floriana
MF Jake Grechpardi 18 November 1997 (age 20)
Birkirkara
MF Finley Bruffa 24 August 1981 (age 37)
Gżira United
MF Rowan Muscat 5 June 1991 (age 27)
Valletta
FW Michael Mifsed (Captain) 17 April 1981 (age 37) Birkirkara
FW Alfred Leffing 29 November 1984 (age 33)
Balzan
FW Jean Paul Bob Farrugia 21 March 1992 (age 26)
Sliema Wanderers

1kwY2jX.png

2018 Fifa World Cup on MCG 1
Host:
Hosted by Territorio Di Nessuno and The Highton Islands
Live: Coverage across MCG TV, MCG Radio and MCG Sport website with further coverage on the mobile app.
EHM Stadium
@Giandria v @Malta Comino Gozo
Football%20and%20statistics%20Feature%20image.png

reEwnRu.png

90'+2' End Regular Time
90'+2' Corner, Malta
90' added time
87' Goal! Malta 2, Giandra 0. Camilleri (Malta)
86' (Giandra) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
80' (Giandra) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
77' Foul (Malta)
76' (Giandra) wins a free kick on the left wing.
75' Corner, Malta
71' Foul by Giandra
65' Attempt saved. (Malta) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Muscat

45' Start 2nd Half
45'+1' First Half ends, Malta 1, Giandra 0.
32' Goal! Malta 1, Giandra 0. Bruffa (Malta) header from the centre of the box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Misfed with a cross.
29'Attempt missed. (Giandra) header from the centre of the box misses to the left.
28' Corner, Giandra.
28' Free kick.(Giandra) wins a free kick on the right wing.
9' Attempt saved. (Giandra) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal.
8' Corner, Malta.
- First Half begins

Malta confirmed their qualification for the World Cup Semi Final with a thrilling victory over Giandra at EHM!
Ray Borg's side needed to win to qualify, however, they had to survive anxious moments from a intelligent Giandra team before the target was finally achieved!
file.aspx

Malta CG as they did against Treshmania last week, broke the deadlock, heading in a perfect cross from the outstanding Michael Mifsed in the first half. Borg made a somewhat surprising change at left-back changing his squad from last weeks winning match, where Clinton Failla was selected to replace Kai Attard. Despite not having the most ball possession Malta Comino Gozo managed a 2-0 victory! Football fans all over the nation went insane!
Malta will now play hosts @Nessuno in the next round

local_19_temp-1364631421-51569f7d-620x348.jpg

In other matches @Krevt drew 1-1 against @Microneia but qualified on penalties

Giandra 0-2 Malta

joSxpsW.png

Highton advance; great form continues
- Alexís inspires Blue Cocos to win with goal, 2 assists
- CB Emil Galeta scores again
- Set to face the Lancerian Empire in the Quarters
GLÖCKENKIRCHEN, AL — The Blue Cocos are through. Once again, not making it easy for themselves. Go down in the first six minutes of the game and you aren't going to have an easy ride. The first half for Highton was poor, allowing Surikatia to have most of the possession and control the tempo. The team in red weren't going to give up their lead easily, and their conservative attitude throughout the first half made life very difficult for the home side. Things would change when in the 41st minute, not long before the half, captain Alexís made one of his signature winding runs and beat several Surikatian defenders. Instead of taking the keeper one-on-one in his trademark style, Alexís played through his teammate Iago Cornes who slotted the ball past the keeper. Aleman Stadium rejoiced– once dug out of a hole, the Blue Cocos almost always delivered. They did so duly, as 53 minutes in Joseph Vard burst past the defender and was taken down just outside the penalty area, earning a free kick. Alexís stepped up from about 19 yards out, but the ensuing freekick rammed straight into the wall. The referee pointed to the stop– the ball was deflected off of a defenders hand, earning Alexís another chance but this time from 12 yards. The number 10 stepped up and slotted the ball into the bottom corner to give Highton the lead. When uncapped 17-year-old Emil Galeta was called into the squad, most knew him as the shining light of Borussia SV's relegation season, a defender with attacking tendencies who was fantastic in the air. His debut against Advancia was incredibly successful. grabbing a goal off the bench, and he doubled his goal tally against Sanjurika. While it may be odd that a center back would score in two successive games, it is even more unusual when that same player scores in three, as the youngster linked with Aleman FC and Trier FC has now done. His 84th minute header secured Highton's advancement to the quarterfinals, where they will be faced with a difficult Lancerian opposition fresh off of a thumping of Govornia. But no matter what happens at AMW Stadium next week, you can be sure that chants of "Áfram Highton!" will be heard for miles.
yWGW6GK.png

joSxpsW.png

Galeta transfer rumors swirl
- 17-year-old is in excellent form at the World Cup
- Center-back has three goals in three games
- Transfer saga set to ravage January
GLÖCKENKIRCHEN, AL — The World Cup may be in full swing, but with the January transfer window just around the corner teams will be looking to get deals prepared. The standout player for Highton at this tournament has been young defender Emil Galeta. He was born in Izhevsk, the same town as First Lady Katerinka Calabrese, and signed for then-HPL outfit Borussia SV's youth system at the age of 14. Per Hightonian transfer rules, a player cannot leave their academy club until age 18 unless their contract expires, and Galeta's 18th birthday won't be coming until late next year. At the incredibly young age of 16, he came into the Borussia first team during a struggling HPL campaign and despite playing very well in the last few months he couldn't save his team from relegation. As per transfer rules, he couldn't leave the club, but unfortunately for his employers with his contract expiring in June, the team appears to have few options. The race will be for which club can secure his commitment for next season, once he becomes eligible, but this will come on a free transfer due to his contract expiration. Players cannot go on loan, either, until they are 18 so a paid loan is impossible. Signing a new contract seems impossible, as Galeta is unhappy at the club and the level of play in Highton's second tier. There is one option, which is intriguing for all fans. Borussia will have to let Galeta go on a free at the end of the season, but there is still one way that they can make some cash for his services before then...

The HFA Academy FC was set up in 2007 in order to develop a generation of Hightonian players who are used to playing together to improve the national team. It works in a somewhat unique way– unable to be promoted to the top division, the club draws players on loan from other Hightonian clubs. Only Hightonians can sign, and HFA pays the loaning club compensation for their services. Alexís is the main name to come through this system, as has Joseph Vard, Iago Cornes, and Francis Júnior. Galeta could move to HFA for 6 months to close of the H1L season, which would allow Borussia to gain at least some profit from the player, at the cost of losing their most influential player for the second half of the season. It is certainly an appealing option for BSV, but not so much so for the burgeoning talent who is emerging as one of the world's top players and is far above the level of a second tier relegation battler.

sjZ90y8.png

"Another shocking interview occurred as RÚV sideline reporter Anette Leth caught up with Prydanian national team captain Peter Bach and Forward Kurt Mørch. We present the interview in its entirety.”

Anette Leth is standing with team captain Peter Bach.

"Congratulations on your victory over Yemet. How do you feel about how you played, and how do you feel going into your next game against Krevt?"

Peter Bach looks into the camera as Kurt Mørch walks into the frame, leaning into the microphone.

"I'M NOT TALKING!"

Mørch walks off as Peter Bach smiles and addresses Anette.

"Let's talk about this game coming up! The whole team's nearly bloodied from the Yemet game, but we've all been there! Everyone of us! And we're going into this game against Krevt knowing that their 'special edition cars' won't save them. They're a nation of shame, their own people don't appreciate them! They drag them over the coals for simply losing! Their media's attitude this whole tournament is so disgraceful. Kurt here isn't even talking, he's so mad!

Kurt Mørch walks into the frame.
"I'M NOT TALKING!"

Peter Bach turns his attention back to Anette.
*chuckles* "He's just worried of what he'll say on television."

Kurt Mørch walks back into the frame.
"I'M NOT TALKING!"

Peter Bach continues.

"He's out of his mind, and he's going to take that passion into the next game, Anette! We're all ready for Krvet! Every one of us is! Because the truth is, Anette, that we're the highest mountain in this tournament. The roughest wave. We're the battle hardened, the bloodied, and the hungry. And no Krevtian is going to get in our way!"

Anette turns to Kurt Mørch.

"Kurt, are you sure there's nothing you want to say?"

Kurt faces the camera, takes a few deep breathes, as he contemplates what to say.

"NOT TALKING!"

Kurt and Peter walk off as Anette faces the camera.

"Back to you guys in the studio!"

Last edited:
KBC Sports
"First Learn How To Say":Says Krevti Team Coach.
After Today's Majestic win against Microneia , Krevt has made it for the first time to the Quarter Finals! The Great Krevti Flag has yet again made all of us proud of. So to discuss Today's and the coming matches we have The Captain of The Team Chalap Thakur! And the Coach of Krevti Team , Rahul Sharma.
"So it had been a great match. didn't it?"
Chalap replies "well it was surely, but as always, because our team is new and has less experience than others, The Microneian players were becoming quite stressful to tackle. They really did very good no doubt and we also did! The audience gave us hope to Atleast score the First goal and save goals coming from Microneia"

"Yeah well said, Krevt was full of Joy and Celebrations yesterday with...you know some Traffic!"

*Everyone Laughs*
"But, Sir there has been something circling around in the social media and is being quite criticised"

"Ehh..what?" Krevti Coach asks

"The Prydanian players are Criticizing Our Cars! And are claiming that they would win with a piece of cake"
"Oh come On! Our standard isn't that low that we'll just listen to what they say.... I know it's your job but please... any other questions?"

"Atleast a few words..."
"Alright then... sorry almighty for just answering this nonsense.
First of all, keeping the politics and criticism aside..... Ask those Prydanian players to Learn how to say something. Like who can just pass a student with Zero knowledge of Proper Nouns or Spellings!
What if I say Prydanani instead of Prydania. That would indeed hurt you. So you know..... just.....do some inhaling and exhaling Excersises to keep the freaking frustration out! We Know they are Jealous of our Manufacturing Industry! Even if they claim that they don't"

"....hmmm Yeah.... so uhh... what are your plans... to you know ...... KNOCK EM OFF!!!"
Chalap Thakur Replies
"See... the plan is... nothing."

"Wait what?"
"Yeah .... NOTHING the Krevti Football fans will understand don't worry, even if you didn't"

Chalap Thakur and Rahul Sharma Leave the Show

"So...Yeah best of ...."
*exhales*
"Just.... good luck to you @Prydania

Last edited:
sjZ90y8.png

Anette Leth is standing to the side of Prydanian National Team captain Peter Bach. Bach is wearing the rather odd choice of a pink dress shirt, a grey pinstriped vest, and a matching sports jacket, all paired with ragged jeans. He's also wearing avatar sunglasses.

"A big welcome to the captain of the Prydanian team that's captured the nation's dreams, Peter Bach."

Bach shakes Leth's hand, and addresses the camera.

"I want to thank all of the fans back home, who have fluted and written in expressing their support. All the way from His Majesty all the way down to the people working by day to get by. We truly have the support of the nation and it's wonderful. They supported us when no one else did, when we were down."

"The Krevt national team! The cockiest bunch of players we've come across! I don't think I have to say anything else about how I feel about that team! No respect! No honour! They're saying they're going to put hard times on us, on the Prydanian team! They don't know hard times, let me tell you that!"

"Hard times are when the auto manufacturing plant's only at half capacity because of a Syndicalist mortar, and you don't know if you're going to be able to work that week! When you've got four or five kids you can't feed because no one's got the wages! Hard times are when the shipyards are closed and the ship builders are out of work and they tell them 'go home'! And hard times are when you're livin' in a refugee camp in your own home town, 'cause the war destroyed the levies and the town's flooded! That's hard times, and no one on the Krevt team knows hard times better than we do! That's hard times!"

"And Chalap Thakur, you want to put hard times on our country, by knocking us out? Our entire country, from our King to the men and women working and struggling to put their lives back together, had hard times together! Let me tell them, our team's vicious. They know we're vicious. Chalap Thakur and the rest of your team? No one expected us to get this far, but now that we're here? We're going to fight and scratch our way to that trophy!"

Bach reaches out in the direction of the camera.

"And I'm reaching out, to every Prydanian watching this, I want them to know I'm taking their hand for this match and reaching out for them! For the love they've shown our team! Because we're going to beat Krevt and we're going to continue fighting for them!"

"And Chalap Thakur and the rest of the Krevt team? Let me leave you all with this. We know how to hurt you. How to challenge you. It's to take the thing you cherish more than anything in this world. That's a shot at the World Cup. We're going to win, and we're taking that slot in the semi-finals. For every soul lost in the war, who never got to see a Prydanian team get this far, we're going to keep winning for them. I love 'em all. I love 'em all!"

Bach leaves, and the screen fades to black.

KBC Sports

When last time, Chalap Thakur left the clue "NOTHING" as the next plan for the match against Prydania, our team has called a Teen and from Parmanu City on what is this "NOTHING"?

"Good Evening, I'm C.R. Chauhan, I am currently studying Electronics Engineering and also have a great interest in Football and politics. So the answer to the question you asked is not that hard. It is taught in every school and even it is a part of our daily prayers!
N = Never
O = Object
T = The
H = High
I = Instincts of
N = Next
G = Generation.
If we translate it into Mercanti , we can observe that it is the Motto of various Ministries!
"कभी अगली पीढ़ी के उच्च प्रवृत्ति वस्तु"

This indicates that the Coach and the Sports Ministry is seeking for support of us, the youth for the next win! We are the future and thus it is our duty to contribute towards a social , Economical or Physical Progress!
I hope that explains it..."

"Thank you so much C.R Chauhan, sorry to interrupt you between your studies... but we hope that you and other Krevti Youth will surely make an impact by supporting the Sports and Economy!"

"Yeah sure, I and my college friends have even purchased the World Cup MERCH!!"

"That's very good! Hope to have another conversation with you"

Stay Tuned and Stay Fit!

Back