-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Siwale
Discord
siwale
Siwale for Delegate

(This is the same platform I originally posted in September. I am re-posting it to allow for new comments and questions during this restarted election cycle. Feel free to look through the previous topic here.)

Hello TNP!

I'm excited to announce that I am running for re-election as Delegate of The North Pacific! It has been an honor to serve as your Delegate for the past four months and I look forward to the opportunity of continuing to serve in this capacity. This term has been quite the adventure and I have managed to cover a lot of ground. Below you can find a summary of the progress made this term, and my plans for the term ahead. I tried to keep it a lot shorter than my last campaign platform since you all have seen my performance over this past term and likely already have a pretty good idea of what you can expect from me for the term ahead.

Foreign Affairs this past term, under the leadership of Minister Malphe and former Minister Plembobria, has been centered around fostering new relationships as well as maintaining and expanding upon current ones. We have established a formal partnership with Greater Dienstad following a largely successful interregional cultural event, expanded on our alliance with Equilism, established a non-aggression pact with The Rejected Realms, launched a large-scale collaborative project with all Feeder regions, militarily aided our allies during delegacy transfers and raids, actively promoted joint operations with our militarily-active allies, and continued to send ambassadors to represent out region abroad.

The term ahead will continue to follow the same general approach adopted in this past term. In particular, I hope to continue forging new relationships with the regions listed in my original Delegate campaign (Europe, Forest, and Gay) and expanding on the existing relations we have with our treaty allies. Our ambassadors will also be kept busy by regularly engaging with their assigned regions and regularly providing them with updates. While we have had some issues with ambassador staffing this term, our goal for the future is to ensure all embassies remain filled with involved ambassadors through ambassador recruitment and multiple assignments, when necessary.
TL;DR: We will continue to build new relationships, expand existing relationships, and ensure TNP is an influential force on the world stage.

As expected, Home Affairs has been quite busy this past term. Thanks to Minister BMWSurfer and his team, manual outreach telegram efforts have continued to function on a weekly basis, bi-weekly Press Releases have been resurrected, and the weekly forum mentoring program also restored. The goal for the ministry in the upcoming term is to continue functioning at this level or higher for all three of these programs.

This term, the ministry has also started the process of updating our scripted telegrams which I will make a priority to finish in the upcoming term. These telegrams reach every member of our community during vital times in their nation's establishment and it is vital that the information provided is up-to-date and relayed in the most efficient way possible.
The Gameside Advocates have been keeping quite active on the Regional Message Board (RMB). In terms of projects this term, they ran a TNP Trivia event on the RMB, ran a regional survey and interpreted the results for the government to use as valuable feedback, and launched the Weekly Anthologies program. Besides all of these projects, the Gameside Advocates have continued to maintain an active gameside presence by providing assistance to newer nations and maintaining overall civility on our RMB.

The term ahead for the Gameside Advocates will follow the same general approach adopted this term. They will continue to aid fellow nations, keep the RMB warm and inviting, and launch fun gameside games and programs which help to bring our community closer together.
TL;DR: We will maintain our effort of informing nations of the opportunities available to them in TNP, making everyone feel welcome in our community, and ensuring that all are having fun.

Defense, under Minister Zazumo, has been bustling with activity this term. The NPA has conducted at least one joint op with each militarily-active treaty ally in an array of operation types, aided two GCR delegacy transitions, promptly defended a treaty ally from a (rather lame
1536593050.6435-smiley.gif
) raid, and kept busy in between these larger-scale ops with a plethora of training ops. A comprehensive list of the NPA's operations over the term can be found here.

For this upcoming term, I plan to maintain this level of activity in the NPA, continue to push for joint operations with other military organizations, and continue to aid our allies in any way necessary.
TL;DR: The NPA will remain one of the most active GCR militaries through frequent collaborative operations with allied militaries and support to our allies during foreign events that call for it such as delegacy transitions or raids.

The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs has handled WA happenings well this term both under former Minister Pallaith and current Minister Sil Dorsett and their teams. They have released Information for WA Voters (IFV) recommendations for just about every proposal that made it to vote, have generated debate on our forumside voting threads, and have continued to collaborate with our WALL allies to more closely analyze WA proposals. One of the biggest accomplishments for World Assembly Affairs this term was the addition of WA voting to the World Assembly Development Program (WADP) and corresponding awards. While it is still too early to see the full impact of this addition, I am certain that this will not only increase WA voter turnout, but WA participation as a whole.

Looking towards the future, the ministry will continue to operate quite similarly to how it is now. The major push I want to make for this term involves getting IFVs out earlier in the voting period. These IFVs, combined with a early delegate vote, can make or break a vote. Therefore, it is vital that we stay on top of it. I will also continue to keep our Delegate vote as strong as possible through frequent endotarting. This past term, I have gained the endorsements of nearly 80% of our WA population and I hope to continue to improve this number in the term to come. One additional project I would like to work on involves expanding the WADP even further to include an achievement system for nations who reach certain goals (i.e. 90% of TNP WA nations endorsed, 10 WA votes cast, etc.). It is my hope that this system of one-time achievements will continue to motivate nations to get involved and stay involved in the World Assembly.
TL;DR: We will expand our influence in the World Assembly through timely IFV releases and Delegate votes, WALL collaboration, a high delegate endorsement count, and an addition to the WADP.

Culture has had a tremendous term under the leadership of Minister McMasterdonia and his team. They kicked off the term with the well-received roleplay and cultural exchange between our region and Greater Dienstad and continued to keep the pace going throughout the term with events such as Theme Thursdays, TNP's Got Talent, A Message in a Bottle, Delegate Delirium, Eras Magazine, Pocket Consibillocodes, and more! The Ministry also made tremendous strides towards launching a interregional endorsement event with TSP and TEP and a roleplay World Cup event.

For the term ahead, I plan to finish the projects the Ministry had started in the previous term with an extra emphasis on the endorsement event between TNP, TEP, and TSP. The ministry will also continue to celebrate TNP holidays to the fullest extent and finally launch the theme week idea mentioned in my original delegate campaign once the forum transition is complete.
TL;DR: We will remain a cultural hub filled with stimulating events and programs.

The Ministry of Communications, under Minister Brendog and their team, has released three issues of The Northern Lights this term and is currently working on a fourth. While the first three of the term's issues were geared more towards a foreign and gameside update similar to how the newsletter has been running in recent years, the latest issue we are working on moves away from this and focuses more on creative writing and the types of articles found in the earliest issues of TNL . I plan to continue this approach in the following term and leave the summary of foreign/gameside updates to the the Foreign and Home Affairs ministries to write and distribute. While this change may have some kinks to sort out and may lead to less frequent releases of TNL initially, I think it is an important sacrifice to make as we work to increase the quality of content released.

Besides TNL, the ministry will work to increase the frequency of Northern Broadcast Service (NBS) releases. I hope to see the number of broadcasts at least quadruple when compared to this term.
TL;DR: TNL will transition back to its original roots and the NBS will be kicked up a notch.

Thank you for reading! If you have any questions for me, please post them below and I will answer them as soon as possible. Additionally, you can reach out to me privately via Discord DM, forum PM, or telegram.

Sincerely,
g6hwcquidoxgwgjd351j.png

Delegate of The North Pacific

If you support my campaign, feel free to display this badge in your signature!

siwale_for_delegate_1_1.png

Designed by abc

I know you have said before but I wanted to know if anything changed since the forum move, what would be your cabinet picks if elected?

I know you have said before but I wanted to know if anything changed since the forum move, what would be your cabinet picks if elected?
If elected, there will be a mixture of new and current cabinet members. While I've had a great cabinet this past term, it is unrealistic to expect everyone to maintain the same level of availability going into this new term. Luckily, we have a number of talented members in our community who are excellent candidates to fill the vacant cabinet positions. For example, El Fiji Grande has been a huge contributor in Communications and has worked tirelessly to bring NBS back to life over these past few months. Another example is Tlomz, who has been passionately serving the Ministry of WA Affairs for over a year as deputy minister through a number of leadership changes. With plenty of strong community contributors like these guys, I am confident the cabinet will be quite strong in this term to come.

Hello Siwale! My question concerns the Forum RP community.
As someone who worked in Culture I was very involved in the RP Convention with GD, and I have to say it was a blast to work on, and participate in. A huge thanks goes out to you for your role in helping us set that up.

Anyway my question, as I said, concerns the Forum RP community. I'm curious as to what your government will do to actively promote the Forum side of the TNP RP community?

Hello Siwale! My question concerns the Forum RP community.
As someone who worked in Culture I was very involved in the RP Convention with GD, and I have to say it was a blast to work on, and participate in. A huge thanks goes out to you for your role in helping us set that up.

Anyway my question, as I said, concerns the Forum RP community. I'm curious as to what your government will do to actively promote the Forum side of the TNP RP community?
Hey Prydania! Thank you for your question!

My primary focus, at least at the start of the upcoming term, will be centered around recruitment and integration techniques to bring previous members back to our forum as well as recruit new members. With three weeks of downtime and the creation of a new and unfamiliar forum, our community has undoubtedly taken quite a hit. Three weeks have gone by where new foundings have progressed in their NS career without any forum outreach attempts (since there was no forum do direct them to) and where existing forum roleplays and all other forum operations were drastically disrupted. With the new forum now operational, it is imperative that the regional government prioritizes member retention and recruitment for not only forum roleplay, but the forum as a whole.

My plan of attack for this consists of restarting our manual forum recruitment TG efforts through HA, which highlight a unique aspect of our regional forum each week. Forum RP will have its own TG that will be highlighted in this effort. Additionally, all resources current utilized for forum recruitment (i.e. government dispatches, scripted TGs, WFE, etc.) will be updated to ensure the information provided remains correct and the links accurate for our new forum. For example, it looks like the RP frontpage dispatch of the TNP Handbook needs updating. Lastly, the forum mentoring program will have a huge role to play, especially with helping members get accustomed to the new forum and directing them to key areas of our community, such as Eras.

Besides recruitment/retention efforts to direct our community back to the forum, RP events would be beneficial in bolstering forum RP activity and promoting a fun and creative environment. One RP event Culture is currently planning for upcoming term is a TNP World Cup event, which has attracted a great deal of interest. Additionally, I would love to work with the RP Mods to come up with other events/activities that we can put together for the RP community this term.

To what extent were plans put on hold through the forum emergency of the last month or so, and how will your plans for your next term change in reflection of the fact that there are only three months left now?

To what extent were plans put on hold through the forum emergency of the last month or so, and how will your plans for your next term change in reflection of the fact that there are only three months left now?
Just about everything was impacted during the forum emergency, either directly or indirectly. Every ministry has a certain level of dependence on the forum, whether that be to carry out routine operations, recruit new members, launch projects, etc. You can’t really appreciate just how vital our forum is until it’s gone. :P

With a lot less time in the term ahead, I acknowledge that we may not be able to cover quite as much ground as originally intended. However, I intend to make the most of whatever time we have. With a hardworking and efficient team on-board, we can still accomplish quite a lot in 3 months.

Hey Prydania! Thank you for your question!

My primary focus, at least at the start of the upcoming term, will be centered around recruitment and integration techniques to bring previous members back to our forum as well as recruit new members. With three weeks of downtime and the creation of a new and unfamiliar forum, our community has undoubtedly taken quite a hit. Three weeks have gone by where new foundings have progressed in their NS career without any forum outreach attempts (since there was no forum do direct them to) and where existing forum roleplays and all other forum operations were drastically disrupted. With the new forum now operational, it is imperative that the regional government prioritizes member retention and recruitment for not only forum roleplay, but the forum as a whole.

My plan of attack for this consists of restarting our manual forum recruitment TG efforts through HA, which highlight a unique aspect of our regional forum each week. Forum RP will have its own TG that will be highlighted in this effort. Additionally, all resources current utilized for forum recruitment (i.e. government dispatches, scripted TGs, WFE, etc.) will be updated to ensure the information provided remains correct and the links accurate for our new forum. For example, it looks like the RP frontpage dispatch of the TNP Handbook needs updating. Lastly, the forum mentoring program will have a huge role to play, especially with helping members get accustomed to the new forum and directing them to key areas of our community, such as Eras.

Besides recruitment/retention efforts to direct our community back to the forum, RP events would be beneficial in bolstering forum RP activity and promoting a fun and creative environment. One RP event Culture is currently planning for upcoming term is a TNP World Cup event, which has attracted a great deal of interest. Additionally, I would love to work with the RP Mods to come up with other events/activities that we can put together for the RP community this term.
Thank you for your answer and your time. You’ll have my vote :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back