official floof
-
Pronouns
he/they
TNP Nation
Darcania
Discord
@zephyrkul
As per Section One of the Election Commission Rules, we must decide who will be the Chief Election Commissioner (currently I am, but only temporarily, as per the end of clause 1). Who is willing, and how long should the Chief serve for?

I note that since the General Election is coming up, we may need to hold off on voting for the Chief until after the General Election.

I also note that I am willing to be Chief EC, and suggest either two months or four months for the Chief's term.

I am also willing to be CEC, but I can wait my turn. I would suggest electing Darcania, but specifying an end of the term far enough in advance of the upcoming judicial election that the new CEC has time to find their feet. Say, October 15th or so? Darcania, as the most senior, would then continue to serve until a new one was elected.

I wouldn't see a problem with deciding who's next before October 15th.

I am in favor of selecting Darcania through October 15th.

Who is the next-most senior?

Votes of the commission are only three days by default - we probably have time to put this to a vote before the general election, even if we allow a couple more days in case someone has an alternative proposal.

I am in favor of having Darcania serve as Chief Election Commissioner through October 15th.

I also think we should vote on this before the General Election.

Looks like currently the general consensus is to have me as the Chief EC until October 15th. While COE is willing, as he said he is willing to wait until next term. Are there any other proposals for the Chief EC and the length of their term or should we bring this to vote?

Five of us have weighed in, and the election starts in three days, so I think it's ok to go ahead and vote that proposal, rather than wait till after the election.

Let's start the vote, then.

All in favor of appointing me (Darcania) as Chief EC until October 15th, say aye.
Those against, say nay.

I abstain.

Voting has closed. Here are the results.

Aye [c] Abstain [c] Nay [c] Non-Voting Members [c]5[c]1[c]0[c]0[c]Siwale
Syrixia
Crushing Our Enemies
SillyString
Eluvatar[c]Darcania[c]n/a
[c]n/a

The vote PASSES.

Darcania's term as Chief Election Commissioner ended on October 15th. Therefore, we must elect a new Chief Election Commissioner ASAP. Especially with Judicial Elections right around the corner.

Who is willing to serve as the new Chief Election Commissioner? And for how long?

Eluvatar:
i thought we decided that Crushing Our Enemies would be the next Chief Election Commissioner?
Looking back at previous discussions, COE was interested in serving as the Chief Election Commissioner at some point in time but the matter has not been voted on.

It would also be good to hear from COE before signing him up for a position :D

I will stand for Chief Election Commissioner, and I'm prepared to serve until the end of my term on December 23rd unless the commission prefers a shorter period.

I am in favor of having COE serve as Chief Election Comissioner until December 23rd.

It looks like we probably won't be able to conclude any vote in time for the incoming chief to appoint election supervisors a week in advance of the judicial election. Therefore, it will fall to Darcania as acting chief to appoint two by the 25th. I am willing to be an election supervisor, for what that's worth.

In the meantime, unless there are any alternative proposals, can we have a motion on appointing me until December?

Crushing Our Enemies:
Therefore, it will fall to Darcania as acting chief to appoint two by the 25th. I am willing to be an election supervisor, for what that's worth.
I'm willing to serve as the other supervisor, so you and I will be the supervisors, COE.
Siwale:
I motion for a vote.
The motion is acknowledged. Please cast your votes (Aye, Nay, Abstain). The vote will last for three days.

I vote Aye.

The vote has closed. With three Ayes, one Abstain, and two not voting, the motion passes, and COE will be our Chief Election Commissioner until December 23rd.

My chiefly term ends in five days. I'm willing to continue to serve for another three months or so, which would have the next chief begin their service after the scheduled judicial election. If anyone else is interested in the role, I haven't thought much about whether I'd concede or contest it. Is anyone else interested?

Since I'm running in the next General I'll stick with being the senior EC for this term.

I had no objections to COE serving as CEC for a second consecutive term.

COE has volunteered to remain as Chief Election Commissioner for the next three months if no one contests the position. As there hasn't been much interest by others, I move that COE serve as Chief EC until March 20th. Are there any objections or would anyone else like to be the Chief? If not, I'd like to open a vote as soon as possible.

If there are no objections or contentions within a few hours I will be opening the vote so we can have a Chief EC in time for the election.

No further input? Very well, I'll open voting now on appointing COE as Chief EC until March 20th. Voting will close in three days.

I vote Aye.

Back