Chief Election Commissioner Elections

As Sil is the only Election Commissioner to express an interest for the position, we will be holding a confirmation vote. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain on electing @Sil Dorsett as the Chief Election Commissioner for a term ending on May 30th, 2023. The vote will last for two days, or until all Election Commissioners have voted.

I vote Aye.

The results of the vote are as follows:

Aye - 5
Nay - 0
Abstain - 1
Not voting - 1

With a majority of the Election Commission in favour, @Sil Dorsett will serve as Chief Election Commissioner until May 30th.

With my term as Chief Election Commissioner ending on May 31st, I am opening up declarations of interest to serve as CEC for a four-month term (ending September 30th). If you are interested in serving, please declare your intention in the next three days, and a vote will follow.

I am interested in serving for another term.

Since no others have declared interest, I'll assume we can have a confirmation vote for me to continue on as CEC. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain on electing @Sil Dorsett as the Chief Election Commissioner for a term ending on September 30th, 2023. The vote will last for three days, or until all Election Commissioners have voted.

Abstain

With my term as Chief Election Commissioner ending on September 30th, I am opening up declarations of interest to serve as CEC for a four-month term (ending January 31st). If you are interested in serving, please declare your intention in the next three days, and a vote will follow.

Simone, we don't move these CEC elections to vote like other RA stuff. I was giving three days for people to decide.

However, 26 minutes after you posted, the time did run out. So...

Since no others have declared interest, I'll assume we can have a confirmation vote for me to continue on as CEC. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain on electing @Sil Dorsett as the Chief Election Commissioner for a term ending on January 31st, 2024. The vote will last for three days, or until all Election Commissioners have voted.

Abstain

Last edited:
With 6 Ayes, 1 abstention, and 1 not voting, @Sil Dorsett will serve as Chief Election Commissioner until January 31st, 2024 (contingent on reappointment and confirmation to the Election Commission before December 4th, 2023).

With my term as Chief Election Commissioner ending on January 31st, I am opening up declarations of interest to serve as CEC for a four-month term (ending May 31st). If you are interested in serving, please declare your intention in the next three days, and a vote will follow.

Alright, we'll move on to a confirmation vote. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain on electing @Sil Dorsett as the Chief Election Commissioner for a term ending on May 31st, 2024. The vote will last for three days, or until all Election Commissioners have voted. I am not counting the prior messages as votes.

Back