Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
moce_seal.png

Changes to TNPU and a new Chancellor

The Ministry of Culture have been working on a proposal to change the way our members interact with the University. Under our new proposal, the Chancellor and his staff (volunteers, and supported by the Ministry of Culture) would be responsible for overseeing a ranking of members who participate in our University.

The University will be used as a useful talking point to discuss current events, history (both TNP history and RL history), Arts and Sciences, Sport, and various other topics. We will also use it to facilitate discussion between notable NationSates players and TNPers on a range of topics, in a seminar format, that will allow interested TNPers to ask questions and to engage with the speakers.

In order to encourage the University to operate in this manner, and to facilitate participation, we will implement the following ranking system to provide a reward to participants in the University. Contributors to the university will be assessed by the Chancellor on a quantitative and qualitative basis. We will consider the number of posts (i.e. amount of debate or conversation a topic generates), forum views, and a 1-5 'quality ranking' to assign a number of points to the contributor to the University. This would work as follows:

Rank[c]Points[c]Student[c]0[c]Apprentice[c]200[c]Lecturer[c]400[c]Senior Lecturer[c]600[c]Doctor[c]750[c]Associate Professor[c]1000[c]Professor[c]1500
*Note that these rankings may be reassessed depending on how this goes.

With this concluded, I announce that St George will be the first Chancellor of TNPU to work under this arrangement with myself as Minister of Culture. I encourage everyone interested in helping out to simply note it in the thread below, or to contact St George or myself with further ideas you have for the University.

Of course, feel free to jump right in. Start a conversation and contribute to keeping the University active and interesting. After all is said and done, it does belong to all TNPers and it is up to us all to make it as successful as possible.

Congrats MadJack on getting on the job and I like this new system, i just hope we don't get to Silly like SillyString with this new system :P

Nessuno:
I would like to revive my old thread "Did you know?" if possible.
Go for it, so long as it's the style of well sourced and in-depth post you normally make.

St George:
Nessuno:
I would like to revive my old thread "Did you know?" if possible.
Go for it, so long as it's the style of well sourced and in-depth post you normally make.
Thanks St George!

Edit: how i can "reopen" the thread? or is better if i create a new one?

Back