Citizenship Applications

Discussion in 'The Docks' started by Lord Nwahs, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

Welcome to The North Pacific. We highly recommend you apply for Citizenship. Citizens can:
    • Vote in elections;
    • Hold public office;
    • Debate and vote on legislation;
    • And much more.
    Step 1: Meet the requirements
    Citizenship does not require WA membership, but you must meet the following requirements:
    • You must have a nation in The North Pacific;
    • You must not have more than one account on this forum (Administrators may grant exemptions under special circumstances);
    • You must not use a proxy server;
    • You must not pose a threat to regional security, as determined by the Vice Delegate.
    Step 2: Take the oath
    Fill in and post the following application:

You can view the criminal code you are promising to obey HERE.
    • When registering for Citizenship, one has to refer to their actual nation WITHOUT PREFIXES OF ANY SORT (i.e. the nation name you type in when logging on to NationStates).
    • Basically, either:
      1. A link to your nation on NationStates (the nation tag helps),
      2. Referring to your nation by its name without prefixes (for example, Olvern instead of The Republic of Olvern in the registration post),
      is NECESSARY for the Speaker's Office to process your application. Do not assume that the Speaker's Office is all-knowing.

Step 3: Participate in the region
    Most of the time, your application will be approved within a few days. When this happens, you will be placed in a usergroup that allows you to post in forums set aside for the Regional Assembly. You are allowed to vote in any voting thread that begins AFTER you are admitted. Please note that to stay a Citizen, you must post in the forum every so often and maintain a nation in The North Pacific. For more details on these citizenship requirements, ask the Speaker or consult the Legal Code (chapter 6).

Step 4: Update your citizenship record as necessary
    You must post in this thread if:

• Your TNP Nation changes;
    • You want to renounce Citizenship.
    If you have any questions, ask the Speaker or their designated deputy. They will be more than happy to help you get started.

Enjoy your time in The North Pacific!

Try to keep all off-topic posts out of this topic. It will help streamline the process.

For reference, quoted below are the sections of the Legal Code relating to citizenship applications and when citizenship is lost.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
  2. david_

david_ TNPer

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of David L. (http://www.nationstates.net/david_l_l_l_l), pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

3. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

david_ is conditionally admitted pending VD + Admin checks.

4. I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Eumenor, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

5. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

The Spokesman of Eumenor is conditionally admitted pending VD + Admin checks.

6. What is it that you check for in relation to a 'threat to regional security'?

7. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

Usually a history of less than savoury activity in NS (especially within TNP). I think you're quite safe though.

8. Talbuon

Talbuon Guest

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of The Democratic Republic of Talbuon, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

9. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

Application rejected. Make sure you repost with a post referring to a valid nation, either linking it or referring to it without prefixes.

(I know your nation name is painfully obvious but I don't like to assume things given some nations do have actual names with prefixes.)

10. Carbon Alliance Nation

Carbon Alliance Nation TNPer

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of The Kittian Isles, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

11. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

Carbon Alliance Nation is conditionally admitted pending VD + Admin checks.

12. Proxy of Demescia

Proxy of Demescia TNPer

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Demescia, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

13. I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Felscombe, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

14. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

Proxy of Demescia is conditionally admitted pending VD checks.

ParksAndRecreation is conditionally admitted pending VD + Admin checks.

15. Eluvatar

Eluvatar TNPer Staff Member Administrator Justice Citizen

Discord:
    Eluvatar#8517
    david_ passes checks, masked as Resident pending Vice Delegate checks.

Eumenor has previously been checked so as to be masked as Resident (then Citizen). There's still something wrong with their router, however :P

(Awaiting Vice Delegate check)

For the sake of efficiency, checking Talbuon now to speed things up later...

Talbuon is rejected, pending further discussion. Talbuon should feel free to PM me about it, alternatively I will PM them after some admin discussions.

Alternatively they could make some posts from home prior to or as part of their reapplication.

Carbon Alliance Nation checked, masked as resident pending Vice Delegate checks.

Checked, masked as resident pending Vice Delegate and Speaker checks.

Checked, masked as resident pending Vice Delegate and Speaker checks.

16. Crushing Our Enemies

Crushing Our Enemies TNPer Administrator Supporter Security Council Attorney General Election Commissioner Citizen

Discord:
    COE#7110
    David_, Eumenor, Demescia, Carbon Alliance Nation, and ParksandRecreation all pass my security check.

17. Wait, what's wrong with my router? What's a router?

18. Y3S1

Y3S1 TNPer

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of OSF, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

19. Syrixia

Syrixia The one, the true, the great. Supporter Citizen

TNP Nation:
    Syrixia
    Discord:
    Syrixia#9338
    Do I have to reapply too just because of the new masking? I'm already in the RA, and I applied a while ago, but I technically don't need remasking because I have NPA masking.

20. Crushing Our Enemies

Crushing Our Enemies TNPer Administrator Supporter Security Council Attorney General Election Commissioner Citizen

Discord:
    COE#7110
    Y3S1 passes my security check.

21. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

Y3S1 is conditionally admitted pending Admin checks.

david_, The Spokesman of Eumenor, Carbon Alliance Nation, Proxy of Demescia and ParksAndRecreation are now Citizens, welcome! Admins, please remask.

@Syrixia: No, you don't need to reapply. All former RA members are now Citizens.

22. Lord Lore

Lord Lore I'm anything you want me to be. Supporter Security Council Citizen

Discord:
    Lore, Architect of Pandemonium#7561
    I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Andulus, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

(Just for the sake of convenience, I am applying in the new thread as well.)

23. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

We're still waiting for admin checks on Lord Lore's application.

Quoting Elu on the Admin Requests thread:
    :P

24. Collpik

Collpik Guest

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Neu-Klagenfurt, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

25. Collpik

Collpik Guest

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Neu-Klagenfurt, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

26. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

Collpik is conditionally admitted pending VD + Admin checks.

27. Biyah

Biyah TNPer

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Dissonant Resonance, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

28. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

Biyah is conditionally admitted pending VD + Admin checks.

29. Brunsk

Brunsk TNPer

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Brunsk, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

30. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

Brunsk is conditionally admitted pending VD + Admin checks.

31. Akhil

Akhil TNPer

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of evolution786, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

32. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

Akhil is conditionally admitted pending VD checks.

33. Liteonhill

Liteonhill Guest

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of khaelriithynaea, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

34. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

Liteonhill is conditionally admitted pending VD + Admin checks.

35. mohamedrdzn

mohamedrdzn Guest

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Singaporean, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose m

36. Lord Nwahs

Lord Nwahs TNPer

Ignoring the chopped oath, mohamedrdzn has already been approved for Citizenship. Admins, please remask.

37. Zyvetskistaahn

Zyvetskistaahn TNPer Resident

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Zyvetskistaahn, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

38. arva

arva Guest

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of https://www.nationstates.net/nation=allied_federation, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.

39. Wolfstar

Wolfstar Guest

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Wolfstar, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for citizenship in The North Pacific.