The Iterian League

“That will conclude both our elections and admissions voting. Firstly I am proud to admit both the Principality of Kasu and the Emirate of Rafhazan to the Iterian League. It was a long time coming. Secondly I would like to announce our elected candidates. For Secretary-General of the Iterian League, we welcome His Majesty, Prince Sarakhaid Na Ebesha. For Speaker of the Iterian Assembly, we welcome Ryokawa Takai-okaka[1]. Last but certainly not least. we welcome the Honorable
Menel Adalan as the Justice if the Iterian Court. I thank you all for my time as Secretary General, and for listening to all I have to say. I will be returning to the Skandan delegation as the representative for Skanda until further notice.” With one last deep, respectful bow towards the crowd she went about the process of handing power over to the Astragonese.

[1] “Okaka” (외가가) is a Skandan honorific that is equivalent to “Their Excellency” in Mercanti. Additionally, Hana is using the proper Skandan order for the Minister’s name. In Mercanti she would’ve said “His Excellency Takai Ryokawa”.

Last edited:
Sarakhaid entered the chamber flanked by Mpande and Ryokawa, he ascended the podium his white line robe flowing across the steps, he took time to wave and acknowledge the various dignitaries in the room before he began. It has been a gamble getting to this point, Astragon had only just returned to the Iterian league and there had been no guarantee that their bid for leadership would succeed. However, a mixture of goodwill and careful cultivation of alliances had seen them through and now Sarakhaid and Sabhrain were in a position to push a new agenda for the continent. For too long the rest of Eras had been quick to look down upon the continent, Sarakhaid intended to champion a new age of peaceful but assertive policy in the league, Iteria would take its rightful place as the jewel of Eras.

"Brother and Sister nations of the league!" He began in a booming and jovial voice "Tonight we celebrate a new step on the great journey, you have shown the world that our unity is the genesis of a glorious future and that as long as Iteria stands as one there is no force that can topple us from the lofty heights that we have climbed! My election is not a victory for Astragon, I do not come to boast of my homeland but to proclaim with pride that I shall work to bring prosperity and glory to all Iteria's nations! under my predecessor's skilled administration great progress has been made and I have no intention of straying from that path! in the coming months I intend to push for an agenda that will champion peaceful development and economic abundance, the foundations we lay this day will be the bedrock upon which the glimmering cities that shall sustain our grandchildren will rise!"

To the speaker Ryokawa Takai-okaka, Skanda
As a new and small nation in Iteria we need allies. So we highly request on the behalf of the King, admittance in The Iterian Union and request a motion of this.

-Diplomat Pelasva Romina

Last edited:
Sarakhaid ascended the steps and stood before the podium, he paused to savour the moment before the plunge and then leaned into the microphone to speak

"Nations of Iteria, I come before you today to offer a vision for the future of our continent, Iteria represents the spirit of humanity arguably more than any other region on Eras. Our civilizations represent history and cultural legacy that cannot be equalled anywhere else! from the glories of ancient Kamaheo to the timeless wisdom of the Yihuddi kings, our Iteria represents the wealth of ages. And yet we have suffered grievously too, foreign devils and air gangsters have all come to our home and sought to corrupt everything good in this holy continent, our unity has been tested and we have not always passed with flying colours.

For too long we have reacted to the whims of outsiders rather than to our own designs, for too long we have indulged squabbles over ideology when we should have revelled in our potential for diversity. The 20th century was a time of shame for Iteria, we should all feel the sting of humiliation! our ancestors fought each other and allowed foreigners to pull their strings! We must not allow this new century to be dictated by those beyond our borders

No, this new century is undoubtedly ours to shape! let the colonizers have the 20th! the 21st shall be an Iterian Century! It is time brothers and sisters to put aside our differences and to build something glorious together! I bring to you a series of proposals that I hope you will carefully consider, these proposals represent aspirations for a more stable and prosperous continent, one that will no longer be held hostage by the whims of imperialists and their ilk!" Sarakhaid finished and let silence descend for a moment as the room took in his speech, then he activated the projector

Three blocks of text covered the large screen behind him:

The Iterian rail is a vital project which must be allowed to reach its full potential, but it is but one path to Iterian renewal, if we are to thrive we must not simply react to what the rest of Eras is doing, we must enact our own plans and lead! the following represent proposals that will help to protect Iterian sovereignty and expand our influence globally.

Century Iteria Initiative:

Force Iteria
: Iteria has been vulnerable to outside threats for too long, by creating a professional volunteer force we could deter future attempts to coerce our nations into unequal relations with foreign powers. We suggest a neutral volunteer force with rotating leadership that would exist for the common defence of Iteria and which could be activated in the event of foreign invasion. We must never again allow mendacious foreigners to derail our shared destiny!

Iteria to the Stars: Iteria is a land of wealth and innovation, we have the funds and expertise to do more with our space agency, we have the old wealth of the stone coast and the new money of the neon, we have Astragonese rocket scientists and Fussian nuclear technicians, we have Skanda's impressive drive and Bashime's vast industrial might. Why then do we allow other nations to take the lead in the space race? Prydania and Norsia, nations dogged by civil war and economic strife recently sent men into orbit, Iteria has the potential to seize the very stars!

Central Iterian Bank: I know many of you fear economic integration, I have never called for us to abandon our sovereignty nor will I ever, however, a financial agency would allow us to create a shared market and provide a shared resource in times of economic upheaval, Iteria has the wealth to rival any continent in Eras and yet we allow Pataliputra and Gojanesstad to dictate markets! META has already shown the power of economic co-operation and are we Iterian's not the equals of our Meterran cousins? Let us work together and form economic ties that will make the Iterian market the envy of Eras!

Last edited:
Radan Gorsny was nudged in the arm a bit by a more stone faced gentleman. Radan spoke firmly though a bit frantic, "The S.R.F. is willing to commit to most of these initiatives. We have the resources and the manpower to do so."

He coughed a bit before shifting slightly as the stone faced gentleman nudged him again. Radan spoke up once more, "However, The S.R.F. will be unwilling to allow volunteers into a pan-iterian force. Of course The S.R.F. is still willing to commit to it's military responsibilities. But we are still far from an integrated force."

Arlan listened to Sarakhaid intently, and read each block on the screen several times. As the Alnarian ambassador to the Iterian League he found himself often in the predicament of balancing his own desires for the continent with that of the people of his Kingdom. Arlan had dreamed of a United Iteria from a young age, and to him the Century Iteria initiative was now his best bet for making that happen. "What do you think?" Arlan asked his aide. "You think we can sell this to the Primacy?" The young man let out a snort. "I'm not sure we'll be able to sell something with a pricetag this high. Might be better to go the Royal Route." Arlan pursed his lips, he knew that the young man was right. With that thought in mind Arlan stood to speak. "Mr. Speaker, you paint a vision of a United Iteria, stong and free. I will share this future with my King, my Government, and my People. I pray the spirit of brotherhood and prosperity take hold of them as they debate these goals, and look forward to what we can all accomplish together for the good of the continent." He sat down and took a drink of water, rather satisfied with his brief speech. His aide leaned over to him, "I didn't know there was a god of brotherhood and prosperity." Arlan looked back at him. "Me neither."

Yasur listened intently.
The Iraelian Dilemma was going to come up again. That being the desire of Iraelia to grow closer with its Iterian neighbours while also avoiding offending the Syrixians, who were often the targets of Iterian-first sentiments.

"Bowing to the Emperor without mooning Iteria." That was how former Prime Minister Eliron Avshalom had described it once.

"The State of Iraelia supports all proposals" she stated. She left unsaid that the Force Iteria might run into issues with Syrixian bases in Iraelia, but it wasn't an immediate stumbling block. They could deal with it if the problem arose.

"We believe that a unified Iteria is a prosperous one. No continent is as well-positioned as we are to make strides on the world stage. Yet we will only accomplish this together."

"Bashime is willing to support all three initiatives." Nabi-Enlil declared, the federation had always supported closer ties between the League. The closer the League, the closer Iteria was to federalisation and that's all that mattered in the end. The ultimate method of peace in its eyes; the day when Bashime would be able to dismantle itself and fully submit to an Iterian Federation would be a glorious day for all its people.

"However, we must add that Bashime is willing to submit its entire armed forces to the Force Iteria initiative, with the League we have no need of our own," they added. Nabi-Enlil leant back, knowing the potential gravity such a pledge could have. Bashime was dedicated to its family, its Iterian family.

Last edited:
A new representative for Ascalon that had not yet been seen stood and began to speak from a notecard.

"Good day fellow representatives. This is a message from the Republic of Ascalon. Our membership will lapse and terminate effective at midnight July 1, 2020. We thank the Iterian League for its many years of service to Ascalon."

As soon as the message was read, the Ascalonian delegation began collecting their belongings, and left the plenary chamber.

Sarakhaid paused and pondered the situation, Ascalon's reluctance to engage in pan-Iterian projects was not a surprise, leaving the league altogether though? that was something of an escalation. He sighed and lit a cigarette, there was an old saying in his homeland "Ascalonian loyalty" and this was its most real expression. Ascalonians, were they even Iterian anymore? the jury was always out on that question, most people in Astragon regarded them as nothing more than miniature Gojans, the most radical of Pan-Iterian's went even further and considered them brainwashed traitors to all the continent.

Sarakhaid was less vitriolic, he had no intention to force his vision upon Ascalon...or any Iterian nations for that matter. "Babasha must come to the mountain of his own accord" as the old saying went, There was no point in arguing with Ascalon, for a start they were not in the building to shout at. Instead, he stubbed out his cigarette and took a deep breath before leaning into the mic to speak.

"While Ascalon's departure from the league is a sad one, we cannot pretend that the marriage of the league and Ascalon has ever been one indicative of a great romance, They have chosen what is best for their nation, you must do likewise. In my role as Secretary-General, I strive to push an agenda which seeks to bring unity and prosperity to this continent, but I will never seek to force or control the members of this esteemed gathering. If Ascalon wishes to accuse me of dominance they have every right to that opinion, For my part, I only seek greater collaboration between equals! I am not afraid to build bridges between brother and sister nations

Ascalon accuses me of trying to dominate this league with leftist rhetoric, they envision a nightmare of economic dominance and a one continent government, it is lamentable that they did not read the brief more thoroughly. Let me be clear therefore and reiterate that all the Century Iteria initiatives will be options rather than binding commands, nations can opt-in or out at their discretion. If Ascalon wishes to opt-out that is their prerogative, mine is to help the nations of this great continent to achieve lasting prosperity. Pan-Iterianism has always valued the uniqueness and independence of all nations on the continent, we seek to provide ways for each to achieve greatness without fear of being dominated or stifled by outside influences, We seek to create a golden lane through our shared neighbourhood, not to force you all under an Astragonese roof" With that the Secretary-General sat down once more

Ambassador Hoa Khuc raised her eyebrow as he watched the Century Iteria proposals fill the screen. She leaned back in his chair, sighing, while continuing to listen to the Astragonians speak on the Iterian Initiative. As they wrapped up and the other countries declared their support, Khuc grabbed a yellow legal pad and pulled out a fountain pen, quickly scribbling down notes on it. She ripped it off and handed it to her assistant, telling her to hold on to it for now. After the Secretary-General finished responding to the Ascalonian withdrawl, she adjusted his seat and began to speak, reading off of a paper.

"We in the Principality of Kasu fully understand that cooperation with our Iterian brethren is important, and that we can be strong when we work together to achieve common goals. However, us Kasugans are unwilling to sacrifice our military and economic independence to this League. We signed up to partake in free trade, shared infrastructure, shared advancement in science, and mutual cooperation. We did not sign up to destroy our national sovereignty. We did not sign up to involve ourselves into economic integration and the establishment of a Central Bank. And now you even want to form your own army."

She paused to take a breath, not happy with most of the proposals.

"I am making it clear today that we will not be participating in Force Iteria and the Central Bank. We're not going to sacrifice our sovereignty, doing so is fully unacceptable to us. However, we shall accept the proposal of Iteria to the Stars. We are willing to support a shared and cooperative space program, and we can work together in achieving joint success in the frontier of outer space." Khuc finished and sat back down, sipping a cup of water and scribbling down more notes.

Hana took a sip from her #1 Ambassador travel mug. She'd found a lovely coconut mango flavored oolong tea the other day-- some people thought fruity teas were too sweet, but she loved them. It's a shame that she didn't really have the chance to savor it because she had to speak up in the League. She cleared her throat and leaned into the microphone.

"I would like to remind the Kasugan delegation; as well as any similar-minded delegations in the room and uh... now former delegations, I suppose, that all of the proposed initiatives are entirely voluntary and it is the individual nations of the League that may decide whether or not they will participate. That being said I would also like to remind these delegations that Force Iteria will not be detracting from your overall military nor your national sovereignty. Similarly, the Central Bank of Iteria only serves to reinforce Iterian economic independence and establish a shared market, among other things. This is not a threat to national sovereignty, it is a method of expelling foreign, unwanted economic and military influence from the continent. For individual Iterian nations to be strong, the Iterian League itself must be strong. I strongly urge delegations that are against these initiatives to rethink your stances, and to think of the greater good for Iteria."

She sighed, then looking to the Astragonese prince.

"With all that said and done, Skanda supports all proposed initiatives. We will be designating portions of our Marine Corps., Air Force, and Navy for rotating service in Force Iteria, should it pass, and will be encouraging joint military exercises with not just our close neighbors, but all members of the Iterian League. Now this may perhaps be controversial but I would like to volunteer Skandan general staff as the initial leaders of this Force, alongside an otherwise multi-national general staff. I do this only because Skanda has the most military experience, especially in the repulsion of foreign powers from Iteria. As for the Central Bank of Iteria, Skanda will gladly help fund it's creation through our own Initiative for Greater Iteria, a Skandan program many outside of our country refer to as 'SIGI'. We will similarly attempt to help finance the Iterian Space Program through SIGI and we are extremely willing to donate our top minds and engineers to the ISP. Space is a cooperative, multi-national effort and it will need to greatest Iteria has to offer. That includes Skanda. Thank you all for listening."

With a small bow of the head, she returned to drinking her coconut mango tea.

Last edited:
Sarakhaid had not expected such a lofty set of proposals to be an easy sell, Iteria's diversity could at times be as much of a hindrance as an asset, there was always going to be opposition. The Ascalonian exit had been dramatic, but far from unexpected, Kasu's reaction had been expected too though Sarakhaid privately wondered how thoroughly their delegation had read the briefing. All of this had largely caused the discussion to reach a stalemate, an impasse that had ironically been broken by one of Astragon's traditional rivals.

Skanda had come through decisively in favour of the proposals, their support would be vital, with Skanda's backing the Century Iteria initiatives would have the support they desperately needed. Astragon and Skanda had once been bitter rivals, the post-colonial wars had pitted Astragonese monarchism against Skandan communism for decades. Things had only been made more acrimonious by the Skandan invasion and desecration of parts Iraelia, the two nations had a past steeped in bloodletting.

Now though modernity was healing those wounds, however gradually, old enmities created by colonists and ideology were fading as a new Iterian consciousness re-asserted itself over the continent. It was fitting, necessary even, that the rest of the league saw two of the continents great cultures working together for a common cause. The Skandans had likely saved the proposals from being filibustered or scrapped, Sarakhaid would not forget that act of brotherhood in the coming days.

He leaned into the mic and spoke in a loud and clear voice" I would like to thank the Skandan delegation for their support on this most vital of initiatives, only through greater co-operation and unity can this continent rise above the barriers others would place upon it. I do not believe anyone in this council would argue that Skandan involvement in Century Iteria is anything less than crucial. The Skandan Military had shown time and time again a tenacity and tactical brilliance that has matched even the Kaiderin of Astragon, their economic reforms have made the neon coast a powerhouse and their scientific acumen will be a great boon to the space program. I reiterate Ambassador Hana's calls that each delegation re-examine their views and think of the wellbeing of the wider continent" Sarakahid said pausing to let his words sink in

"There will be a short period for any further comments or concerns to be discussed, then I suggest we begin a move toward voting, thank you all" Sarakhaid said bowing slightly before sitting down again

Ratification of the Century Iteria Initiative

Vote: < Yea >

Nation: Zhenmen, Great Zhen Empire

Last edited:
Ratification of the Century Iteria initiative

Vote: <Yea>

Nation:
State of Irealia

Last edited:

Nation:
Socialist Republic of Fuss

The Tetrarchy was fucking annoying, Afon Dai Cystennin reflected. Dispatched at short notice as Keltivr's ambassador to the Iterian League, he had not been given time to set his affairs in order at home before leaving. He'd have liked to, but when Priene tells you to pack and get to Alnaria, you pack and go to friggin' Alnaria, regardless of your objections. May Caesar protect.

Since arriving in Ardurelos, the Tetrarchy had been even more annoying. Dai asked for news of his farm. Aesymnetes sends back a treatise on duty. Dai asked for more resources for his office. Nómenos tells him he doesn't even need an office. Dai tries to moderate proposals for Force Iteria. Chilon chastises him for his lack of military dedication, whilst Anacharsis piles on for not being charitable to foreigners. It was a new annoyance every day. May Caesar protect.

And it would've been fine, Dai told himself as he stubbed his cigarette out in his office (Gamanykos stepped in when Kyrios told him to quit), if they could make a bloody decision. But no. The Tetrarchy just argued - sorry discussed - amongst themselves, and then sent him instructions individually. Chilon and Anarcharsis told him to vote Century Iteria. Treponecles and Dikastes advises a no vote. Priene tells Dai to use his best judgement. Divrykos is too busy pondering the nature of a drop of oil as it drips into a frying pan to care about much of anything actually important. And Caesar protects.

May Caesar protect, thinks Afon Day Cystennin, and may he guide his children to some sense - or at least, a consensus for nonsense.

Vote: <Abstain>

Nation:
Keltivr

Ambassador Dende Na Keita suppressed a grin as he stubbed out his cigarette and rose to case his nations vote, it was a great day to be Iterian, it was a great day to be Astragonese.

Nation: Exalted Empire of Astragon

Sarakhaids gamble had paid off, despite a few expected holdouts, the continent had voted overwhelmingly to ratify the century Iteria initiative. Iterian's working together for shared prosperity, if ever there was a sign of a brighter future it was that. As Dende cast his vote he knew he was helping to make history, Iteria had suffered much in the 20th century, but it would remind the world of its glory in the 21st.

64c51d4c24173403a85ee41dc4240e38.png

Honored Nations! Esteemed Iterian League,

Since The Republic of Lorbank has been reestablished, had some time to observe the Iterian League. The President has read the Iterian Code and Constitution, and is very impressed about the community's cohesion, especially in respect of common market, infrastructure/travelling and healthcare. But multilateral cooperations in terms of education, environmental issues and common research are also unique in Eras.

The judgement of The Government is that the Iterian League is Lorbank's future and have to coordinate its vision with the League's ones.
The Republic of Lorbank hereby requests to begin the joining process by signing a Association Agreement and be entered into the Iterian League.

Leslie Burves
President of The Republic of Lorbank

Last edited:
"It is indeed pleasing to see that the Republic of Lorbank has been re-established, the plight of this great nation was of great concern to all the continent, in keeping with the procedure for accepting new members the floor will be opened, first for Lorbank to give a statement on why they feel their nation is an appropriate addition to the league and second for any comments or opinions from member states. Following this we shall move to vote on the issue of Lorbank's addition to the league"

Yesterday

Pake Sagaysay has just moved into Qhora's office. Qhora's a lucky bastard. He's retiring. Pake is the new UFI Representative to the Iterian League. After working as a consular affairs officer in the embassy at Saintonge, he's ready to move on from a quiet background existence (regardless of how nice his stay was in Saintonge).

Pake has been given the floor to speak before they proceed onto the next business.

"Thank you, Mr. Secretary-General.

"I am honored to join you as a fellow representative from one of the individual countries of Iteria. I would like to express my gratitude to the United Federation of Iteria. 15 years into foreign service, I am always honored to answer every call to serve my country.

"As we all know, we are a vast continent with various identities. Some recently established relations, many interconnected by centuries of history. But above all, in this chamber, we are a family of nations. It has been the ideal of my fellow countrymen to be able to stand side-by-side in constant solidarity with our neighbors. To be with you in the assurance that all our conflicts can be resolved in diplomatic character. To join you in common purpose to work for the betterment of our continent. The Iterian League has given our nations a permanent forum to settle our differences and find common ground, on which we could stand prouder and closer together without the threat of selfish alienation or violent belligerency.

"However, unlike the previous government, the United Federation will be guarded against any further action in the Iterian League that advocates centralization. The sovereignty of every Iterian nation is supreme. Our government is a government of the Makodyan people, by the Makodyan people, and for the Makodyan people. Its first allegiance is to the United Federation of Iteria.

"We also respect the democratic process. We will continue to respect and uphold the Century Iteria Initiative.

Thank you."

The Kanselor of State and Security Affairs originally had his people write a bit in Pake's maiden speech about certain countries with human rights issues. Luckily, at the last minute, they decided not to give Pake the perfect storm on his first day. Looking back, Pake could sigh in relief to the turn of events. He was able to smile with only a good speech in mind before he sat down.

Present

"It is indeed pleasing to see that the Republic of Lorbank has been re-established. The plight of this great nation was of great concern to all the continent. In keeping with the procedure for accepting new members, the floor will be opened first for Lorbank to give a statement on why they feel their nation is an appropriate addition to the League and second for any comments or opinions from member states. Following this, we shall move to vote on the issue of Lorbank's addition to the League."

Pake listened to the Secretary General. Now, he's waiting for the statement. He found the strange nation of Lorbank an awkwardly pleasant change of pace. After the sudden departure of Ascalon and the mess it left, still piling up with new garbage everyday, the prospect of a new member state was much welcome. It hushed the ominous hallway talk in the offices. But who knows what Lorbank has to offer? There are so many questions needing immediate answers. This is a country that had just re-established itself.

Last edited:
HIMuuhn.png

Official Statement from the President of Lorbank
Iterian League Session
Lisledo, 7th of February 2021

Right Honorable Secretary-General of the Iterian League, Sarakhaid Na Ebesha,
Your Excellencies Heads of State and Heads of Government,
Distinguished Delegates,
Ladies and Gentlemen!

I wish to thank especially Delegates Dende Na Keita and other partners for launching the joining process of The Republic of Lorbank. I use this opportunity to convey our sincere gratitude to Right Honorable Secretary-General of the Iterian League, Sarakhaid Na Ebesha for putting the issue of joining of The Republic of Lorbank on agenda.

By joining The Iterian League our future will be stable, secure and prosperous. We will have the opportunity to make decisions about the most important issues within the strongest, well-organised and efficient alliance in the history of mankind in Eras.

The Government of Lorbank is eagerly waiting for the cooperation with the members of the League especially in respect of infrastructure, economy and education as well as research and environmental protection.

I am sure that The Republic of Lorbank will be a reliable member of The Iterian League.

Thank you for your attention!

Yours sincerely,
Leslie Burves
President of The Republic of Lorbank

Last edited:
Admit The Republic of Lorbank to the Iterian League <Yea>
Nation: Iraelia

OOC Notice: Approved by @Felis , Co-RPer for UFI.

Admit The Republic of Lorbank to the Iterian League <Yea>
Nation: United Federation of Iteria

Last edited:
hC4LBH9.png

BUREAU OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE STATE OF RAFHAZAAN
OCTOBER THE 17TH, 1982

Dearest plenipotentiaries,

In having supported the creation of a pan-Iterian association since the nation's founding in 1952, the State of Rafhazaan is eager to become a member of the Iterian League. For the past millenium Rafhazaan has both physically and economically been the centre of Iteria, not always acting for the better, but these days it seems that the better is approaching us as a continent. Your consideration is most esteemed and we are eager to hear your response.

Cordially,

Miramah Ben Asfour, Wazir of Foreign Affairs

"I Believe given we have a majority and that no other states have chosen to voice opposition during the voting period that we can move toward admitting Lorbank into the league. Congratulations are in order I would like to formally welcome the Republic of Lorbank into the Iterian League!"

180px-Mazdiaflag.png
180px-Mazdiaemblem.png

The Prime Minister's Office of Mazdia
Dearest co-nations,
Firstly, we apologize for any harm done by our country under the dictatorial reign. Since our adoption of our Constitution in 1993, we have declared ourselves as a Federal Democracy - and are eager to be a resourceful nation of the League.

Co-operation with the Iterian League will greatly help us to recover from the 2 decades long revolution that unleashed after the Dexter's rise to power. During the Revolutionary Wars, more than half the country was addicted to opium - psychologically rotting our people and disintegrating our nation's economy. We now aspire to reach the level of industry and rebuild our pillars of society through alliance - to which the League serves as a conduit.

As a gift: what we initially offer are an educated, skilled but unemployed youth, subsidized land taxes for all international companies and 12% of total land reserved for your companies to build on. Do not fret, for we have taken a nationwide referendum and the results are in favor - so we do what the nation believes is best for itself.

Let us hold hands and prosper as one region. Your consideration is most esteemed and we are eager to hear your response.

Sincerely,
Delilah Konrad - Prime Minister of Mazdia

Last edited:
Sarakhaid ascended the podium, a weighty folder rested in his arms, the latest session of the league was likely to prove an interested one. placing the folder on the central lectern he opened it and quickly reviewed the contents before quickly scanning the wider room. The hall was filled, in addition to the old powers, many new faces now filled the throngs, First Lorbank and now, potentially Mazdia. Sarakhaid was proud of what the league had achieved, but he was even more excited by the potential progress that they stood poised to achieve.

"Brothers and Sisters of the Iterian League, today's session promises to be an important one! I must apologise for the length of today's brief, I know everyone is keen to enjoy the beautiful Alnarian weather outside, however, I believe you will find all the items on today's schedule of great import!" he said addressing the assembly in his usual loud and jovial tone

The projector flashed into life and illuminated the screen behind Sarakhaid with a gigantic version of the objectives listed on his own file:

Item One: Mazdia has made an application to join the league, this will as per standard protocol be discussed and brought to a vote.

Item Two: The State of Gwladcan is still recovering from the damage caused during the civil war, I propose that the league utilizes its resources to aid the reconstruction of the countries transport infrastructure, this will not only create immense business opportunities for participating nations but will also send a clear message to Iteria and the rest of Eras that this continent takes care of its own.

Item Three: Several closed meetings amongst the league's various member nations have revealed an interesting possibility, many nations have expressed interest in a proposed ceremonial capital being constructed that will represent all of Iteria and serve to promote our cultural diversity and which will represent the league as a whole.

Pake tapped his fingers on the table, gritting his teeth throughout Item Two and Item Three. It seems like, to Pake at least, that for everyday the sun rises, the nights seem shorter and harsh. Rubbing his eyebags, he politely covered his mouth as he yawned.

"First, to unload the easy part, we commend this initiative taken by the Mazdian government. The United Federation and Mazdia are not too far from likeliness when it comes to past struggle. We too have been placed under the boot of dictators, selfish in their ambitions, but too ignorant to care and listen to the voices that only grew stronger, overtaking them when the time came. For both the United Federation and Mazdia, the moment has come and there is no regret for what we have become. Now and forever, free."

"Apart from past struggle, if it helps their admission, I'd like to point out the federal and republican characteristics of our two governments as common grounds." Pake did a little chuckle. His smile quickly upturned. He cleared his throat. "We look forward to welcome another valued member of the Iterian League."

"The United Federation government sympathizes with the people of Gwladcan," Pake nodded along as he opened his remarks, "We will always support countries in need in any way we can. But, if Ginoong Secretary-General would mind, I'd like to remind this body about the unfortunate departure of Ascalon. How many more membership losses will the League take until we realize there are certain limitations? Caution is a word that should be in everyone's minds right now. Foreign aid will remain a paramount, strictly-sovereign business of each member country."

Pake pointed an accusatory finger at Prince Sarakhaid. "Yet, Ginoong Secretary-General, despite Ascalon's departure, closed meetings were held. Behind closed doors, there can be no respect to the voices that have been elected, appointed if you must, by their respective countries. Countries who, in good faith, blindly believe, towards the cause of unity, that the dignity and principle of national sovereignty will be upheld at all times. The United Federation opposes any effort to centralize the dealings of the League. The concept of a capital, regardless of how ceremonial it is, is a capital nonetheless. Where and how can we all agree to construct a city that will represent every Iterian country without a conflict of interest? And this is the first of many questions everyone who believes in national sovereignty should be asking."

Ginang/Ginoong - Tagapa for Ma'am/Mrs. or Sir/Mr., respectively.

Last edited:
President Leslie Burves and Delegate Daniel Miru arrived at the meeting room and took a seat.

Firstly, Delegate Miru told his thoughts:
"Lorbank really aprreciates the efforts of The Federal Republic of Mazdia on rebuilding the country. In our view, it is neccessarry to admit Mazdia to the Iterian League, in order to stabilize the continent both politically and economically.
We hereby accept the offer of the government about tax discount. In the coming the days, the Minister of Economy will get in touch with the three biggest Lorbankian companies (Posch (electronics), Amarillo Hazel (food industry) and Ikva Anise (cosmetics industry)) about executing greenfield investment in Mazdia."

After Delegate Miru, President Burves stood up and started:
"Thank you all nations of Iteria for contributing the Iterian Highway System. The Lorbankian Ministry of Transport is currently working out plans how could these routes run, which highways are the best in each country to be part of the continental highway system."

Back