[Complete][SC - Passed] Liberate KAISERREICH

I must agree with MJ here, an invalid IFV was published by this ministry, and is being circulated at large in NationState. The Ministry was forced to retract it, with the tide turning solidly in the side of For. Why has no IFV been published with the majority opinion of the TNP people?

St George:
Are we getting an IFV?
Lord Lore:
I must agree with MJ here, an invalid IFV was published by this ministry, and is being circulated at large in NationState. The Ministry was forced to retract it, with the tide turning solidly in the side of For. Why has no IFV been published with the majority opinion of the TNP people?

I'm in agreement. Why hasn't the Ministry issued a new IFV reflecting the obvious consensus FOR the resolution?

In order to provide IFVs as close to the start of vote as possible, we rely on votes posted as soon as possible. In this case, the votes posted at the time were against, so we followed with an against IFV. I would encourage everyone here to forum vote before the gameside vote begins to avoid this situation again.

In the words of The Voting Booth, “Vote Early, Vote Often!” especially in high-profile resolutions such as this.

BMWSurfer:
In order to provide IFVs as close to the start of vote as possible, we rely on votes posted as soon as possible. In this case, the votes posted at the time were against, so we followed with an against IFV. I would encourage everyone here to forum vote before the gameside vote begins to avoid this situation again.

In the words of The Voting Booth, “Vote Early, Vote Often!” especially in high-profile resolutions such as this.
Votes early that were influenced directly by the actions of the person that opened the thread who used the chance to push his own personal agenda. And once actual information was given out even the early voters changed their opinion.

In my memory I can not think of one vote where the person who opened the thread injected their own agenda in it so early and so absolutely.

But that is not what my original statement was about. Why is there NO ACTION on producing an IFV that is in line with the vast majority that have firmly voted in favor of the measure at hand.

Meanwhile the old IFV. (Which I just have to point out is almost word for word the personal opinion of the person who opened the thread that they posted the second the thread was opened) is being circulated on the gameside forum and we look like a bunch of fools voting against our own position.

BMWSurfer:
I would encourage everyone here to forum vote before the gameside vote begins to avoid this situation again.
I would encourage the Delegate and WA DMs to avoid appearing to influence a vote via an abuse of position when no census existed within the Ministry in the future. To avoid this situation again.

I didn't emphasize that above word for shiggles either. I'm not accusing anyone of anything untoward. That being said? The way this vote was set up, the eagerness of our esteemed Delegate to jump in and cast his vote, and the swiftness to get an IFV coincidentally in line with the DM who put forward the vote and immediately posted his own agenda has bad optics. It looks shady as hell, even if it wasn't.

And hey. Take a look, BMW. The "consensus" AGAINST dissipated once more voters came in. Making the rush to get the AGAINST IFV out look foolish. Almost like maybe waiting a day wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world.

At the very least? The dissipation of the AGAINST consensus proves that it was a false consensus, and that the DMs, Minister, and Delegate should have waited.

But no. You can keep blaming people for not being active enough. That's good too.

mowa_seal.png

Office of the Minister of World Assembly Affairs
March 18th, 2018​

I would like to apologize both personally, and on behalf on the leadership of the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, for the Information for World Assembly Voters telegram and dispatch that was issued without a clear consensus among the staff of the Ministry. Though it is normally outside of our normal operating procedure, the IFV that was issued at the beginning of this vote is being retracted and a new one that more accurately reflects the position of ministry staff is currently being drafted for distribution.

Any further comments or concerns regarding the previously drafted IFV should be posted in the Ministers Desk thread, pinned to the WA Affairs subforum to ensure that this thread remains dedicated to the merits of the resolution at vote, and not the operations of the Ministry.

[me]
Minister of World Assembly Affairs

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back