Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
Code:
[center][img]https://images3.imgbox.com/27/64/IeZiY2Rb_o.png[/img][/center]
[img]http://z2.ifrm.com/10711/28/0/p1090378/tnl_legb.png[/img] [big][big][big][big]Tumbleweed In The Regional Assembly[/big][/big][/big][/big]
[right][i]by Brendog, Minister of Home Affairs[/i][/right]
Over January the Regional Assembly has barely seen any activity, something we haven't seen in a while. Whilst we have seen a decline in activity over the past few month, it has never been this low.

As still is the case, due to multiple requests for reviews on a now outdated proposal of a [url=http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9092099/1/]Motion to Declare an Emergency Situation[/url] the counting of the bill will not happen till all request for reviews is completed.

In relation to the above proposal, the Regional Assembly attempted a [url=http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9109478/1/]recall of THO's (Temporary Hearing Officers)[/url] of the latest Request for Review in relation the above bill. This was very controversial as it had 14 ayes, 18 nays and 9 abstentions. Later in the month, we saw one of the THO's cease to exist.

In conclusion, we have seen barely any activity in the Regional Assembly and we are still waiting on the outcome of the R4Rs.[hr]
[img]http://z2.ifrm.com/10711/28/0/p1090382/tnl_wa2.png[/img] [big][big][big][big]World Assembly Affairs Digest January 2018[/big][/big][/big][/big]
[right][i]by Deropia, Minister of World Assembly Affairs[/i][/right]

Minister: Deropia
Deputy Minister: Kranostav
Deputy Minister: Veniyerris

From the Minister's desk:

Hello everyone! February seems to have flown by and here we are again with another issue of the World Assembly Affairs Digest. I'd like to start off by congratulating the ministries very own Kranostav on passing their first World Assembly resolution, Repeal "Promoting Sustainable Timber"! 

I'd also like to announce the implementation of the World Assembly Sponsorship Program. Successful applicants can have the cost of their Delegate Approval and Delegate Vote campaigns covered by the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs!

Now, let's take a look at what reached the voting floor over the past month, shall we?

[center][img]https://www.nationstates.net/images/ga.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][color=green]General Assembly[/color][/center]
[center][i]Improving the world, one resolution at a time.[/i]
[/center][quote][center]Proposal: [b]The Cloning Conventions[/b]
Delegates Vote: [color=red][b]Against[/b][/color]
Forum Vote: For:[color=Green][b] 0[/b][/color] Against:[color=red] [b]9[/b][/color] Abstain: [color=blue][b]0[/b][/color]
Final Vote (TNP): For: [color=green][b]108[/b][/color] Against: [color=red][b]538[/b][/color] Percentage of WA nations voting: [b]41.41%[/b]
Final Vote (World): For: [color=green][b]4,091[/b][/color] Against: [color=red][b]14,442[/b][/color]
[/center]
Recommendation: The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, having reviewed the proposal, has found that while it is undoubtedly well intended, has several serious flaws. Chiefly among these being that The Cloning Conventions would seem to outlaw cloning when used during IVF, as well as the cloning of embryos. Secondly, this resolution suffers from poor definitions and unclear language in some of its clauses. Finally, in its closing clause it again, using unclear language that leaves far too much room for interpretation, either strips the World Assembly Science Programme from any oversight over cloning or creates a bureaucratic competition between the Word Assembly Science Programme and the Biomedical Innovation Organization.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote against the resolution.
 [/quote]
[quote][center]Proposal: [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolution/id=422/council=1][b]Promoting Sustainable Timber[/b][/url]
Delegates Vote: [color=green][b]Against[/b][/color]
Forum Vote: For:[color=Green][b] 6[/b][/color] Against:[color=red] [b]3[/b][/color] Abstain: [color=blue][b]0[/b][/color]
Final Vote (TNP): For: [color=green][b]257[/b][/color] Against: [color=red][b]340[/b][/color] Percentage of WA nations voting: [b]38.49%[/b]
Final Vote (World): For: [color=green][b]11,707[/b][/color] Against: [color=red][b]6,787[/b][/color]
[/center]
Despite its laudable efforts and purpose to uphold the quality of timber production in order to provide a sustainable future for timber production, this proposal possesses two main flaws. The first being that the resolution bans import of 'timber products' which can greatly harm locations where timber product producing nations are using non-sustainable methods. This lack of ability to export timber would prove detrimental to the timber industries of non-WA member nation which would force them to potentially use cheaper and less sustainable methods than already used. Furthermore this proposal would greatly hurt trade relations between WA and non WA nations who consume or produce not only timber but any product that uses timber. The ministry believes that despite the potential positives provided by this proposal, it will ultimately harm the sustainability of timber rather than protect it.

For the reasons stated above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote against this proposal.
 [/quote]

[quote][center]Proposal: [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolution/id=423/council=1][b]Repeal: Promoting Sustainable Timber[/b][/url]
Delegates Vote: [color=green][b]For[/b][/color]
Forum Vote: For:[color=Green][b] 10[/b][/color] Against:[color=red] [b]2[/b][/color] Abstain: [color=blue][b]2[/b][/color]
Final Vote (TNP): For: [color=green][b]509[/b][/color] Against: [color=red][b]104[/b][/color] Percentage of WA nations voting: [b]40.30%[/b]
Final Vote (World): For: [color=green][b]12,245[/b][/color] Against: [color=red][b]6,418[/b][/color]
[/center]
Recommendation: General Assembly Resolution #422 Promoting Sustainable Timber, while well meaning in its goal of attempting to ensure timber used in WA member nations is produced in an environmentally sustainable manner, is inherently flawed and places the economies of WA members at serious risk. Given that GAR#422 also seriously harms international trade in the timber industry, in some cases forcing WA members to import timber at a drastically increased cost. The Ministry would also like to note, that due to the loss of some of their clientele due to the restrictions imposed by GAR#422, timber operations may be forced to take further cost-cutting methods of production, which in turn could cause Promoting Sustainable Timber to cause more environmental damage than it currently prevents.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote for the resolution.
 [/quote]
[center][img]https://www.nationstates.net/images/sc.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][color=green]Security Council[/color][/center]
[center][i]Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.[/i]
[/center][quote][center]Proposal: [b]Liberate Westphalia[/b]
Delegates Vote: [color=red][b]Against[/b][/color]
Forum Vote: For:[color=Green][b] 1[/b][/color] Against:[color=red] [b]11[/b][/color] Abstain: [color=blue][b]2[/b][/color]
Final Vote (TNP): For: [color=green][b]71[/b][/color] Against: [color=red][b]504[/b][/color] Percentage of WA nations voting: [b]37.16%[/b]
Final Vote (World): For: [color=green][b]5,899[/b][/color] Against: [color=red][b]11,860[/b][/color]
[/center]
Recommendation: Westphalia is a major and very old defender region who, among other things, founded FORGE - one of the biggest defender alliances in NationStates. However, they have broken our recruitment policy in the past by trying to recruit nations from The North Pacific. Furthermore, the Ministry would note that a password has not been imposed on the region, and appears unlikely to be imposed in the future as the influence levels of the natives in the region have considerable regional influence making a refound extremely difficult. Thus, making this liberation unnecessary.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote against the resolution.
 [/quote]
[quote][center]Proposal: [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolution/id=243/council=2][b]Condemn Wrapper[/b][/url]
Delegates Vote: [color=green][b]For[/b][/color]
Forum Vote: For:[color=Green][b] 9[/b][/color] Against:[color=red] [b]2[/b][/color] Abstain: [color=blue][b]3[/b][/color]
Final Vote (TNP): For: [color=green][b]541[/b][/color] Against: [color=red][b]53[/b][/color] Percentage of WA nations voting: [b]38.34%[/b]
Final Vote (World): For: [color=green][b]13,814[/b][/color] Against: [color=red][b]4,037[/b][/color][/center]

Recommendation: After spending one too many nights at the Strangers Bar, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, nursing a collective hangover and saddened by the resignation of a number of its staff after one of the impromptu karaoke nights organized by Wrappian Deputy Ambassador Wad Ahume Orliss-Dorckes, has somehow managed to analyze this Security Council resolution while it was at vote. The Ministry has found it accurately documents the heinous actions perpetrated by the Wrappian delegation and delegations from their protectorates during their tenure in the General Assembly. These actions include, but are not limited to, actions that would violate World Assembly law and result in the arrest of one of the august bodies most esteemed ambassadors, firebombing the offices of other delegations, and misappropriating funds meant for disaster relief efforts. The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs believes that these actions are most unbecoming of any delegation to the World Assembly and should be condemned with all due haste.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended (after conducting it's annual fire drill and checking all of the fire extinguishers) voting for the resolution.
[/quote][hr]
[img]http://z2.ifrm.com/10711/28/0/p1090374/tnl_cult2.png[/img] [big][big][big][big]The Revival of the Lennart Awards[/big][/big][/big][/big]
[right][i]by Yukkira, Minister of Culture[/i][/right]
The Lennart Awards; the internet equivalent to your dead-again born-again cousin's wedding to her purity ring. The Lennart Awards is a storied tradition inspired by the legendary TNPer and possible former Minister of Culture, Lennart, which was started a few years ago, was stopped, and then brought back again by the former Minister of Culture, McMasterdonia. Under his leadership, the Lennarts were restarted towards the end of Palliath's delegacy and have been popular ever since.

The Lennart Awards is essentially the North Pacific's version of the Academy Awards, the Oscars, or a possibly more biased version of IMDB's rotten tomatoes. Categories range from Most Popular TNPer of the Year to a category that I didn't think would become a thing, being voted as "RMBae" of the Year. How it happens is I make up a nomination thread like [url=http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9120800/1/#new]this one[/url], wait debatably three days (depending on if I'm busy), post a couple TNP polls, and then award a Lennart Award that looks like the one in that nomination thread to the TNPer that our beloved residents have voted for. It has both been a wonderful thing indeed, and somewhat hard to keep up with all at the same time.

In my opinion, I think the Lennarts is a wonderful initiative. It involves everyone from the forums and from the gameside community. I think with a bit more polish, the Lennarts can and will not be forgotten again (I'm allowed to be optimistic; leave me alone). What I'm most proud of is the fact that we've had a slew of winners so far. Winners ranged from Aerilia, an RMB RPer who roleplay's as a sentient blanket of moss to Lord Ravenclaw, TNP's friendly neighborhood birb. I think one way the Lennart Awards can be improved is its execution. This is due, in part, to the fact that the Ministry of Culture turned over the new term on a rough patch due to internal circumstances. The Lennart Awards were not paid enough attention to and were neglected because I, as the Deputy Minister in charge of them, wasn't adequately aware of the status of them nor did I think I needed to pay much attention.

All in all, the Lennart Awards is on track to finish sometime in March. I think that, with time, the Lennart Awards will continue to be improved to the point where the categories will better reflect the best that TNP has to offer. This, in turn, would allow the Ministry of Culture to do its job better, by better identifying and shining the spotlight on those who make TNP a region to be lauded about and beloved by not just its residents, but its friends abroad.

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Please feel free to telegram me gameside. Or, more than likely, I inhabit your Discord server and you can most definitely DM me through there. Thank you for reading about one of the many facets of the North Pacific's culture!
[hr]
[img]http://z2.ifrm.com/10711/28/0/p1090375/tnl_for3.png[/img] [big][big][big][big]The Spotlight #10: Interview with MoD Malphe[/big][/big][/big][/big]
[right][i]by Kaschovia and Malphe, Communications and Defence[/i][/right]
[quote][b][color=#009933][/color][/b]

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: Malphe, welcome to the tenth edition of the Spotlight, it is great to have you here and to ask you some questions!

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: It's great to be here! I was looking forward to this interview for some time.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: As was I, it is such a privilege to interview you as Gladio's successor. Do you feel any pressure to follow in his footsteps? Or to be as successful?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: To some extent certainly, but I was much more dreading it when he first proposed it back in December. I hadn't at all considered that I'd be MoD at any point until quite recently I wasn't even an officer and I had no plans to become one, so it was very overwhelming at first. I'll concede that it did cause me some stress. However, I had about a month to prepare myself, and in that time I lead many more operations than I had prior, with quite good results. Now I'm not so pressured to be as successful as Gladio, the last thing I want to do is beat myself up over supposed shortfalls. Rather, I want to go my own way, and take examples from Gladio's term and implement my own ideas. I want to have some fun with the role, as opposed to hating myself for doing something differently to Gladio.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: It's promising to know you're taking the role in your own style! I respect that. So, let's go back to your roots. Why did you join Defense in the first place?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: I'd always had a fascination with military gameplay, even when I hadn't a clue how to do it, so once I joined TNP there wasn't much question about it; I applied the day after I joined the forums. I just liked the idea of it, I doubt I really understood what I was signing up for, but once I had become involved with the NPA's community I never left.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: What is your stance on raiding and defending? Do you align yourself with the independent policy that our region adheres to, or do you have a preference for either raiding or defending, and why?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: Honestly, I don't care about the raider and defender feud. I can see where it came from, I can see why people subscribe to either side and how they can have such strong opinions on the matter and if I hadn't joined the NPA I'd probably be a raider by now, but I sooner have a regional military act in the best interests of the region and its allies. In that way, I suppose I'm closest to an independent.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: What is your greatest NPA ccomplishment, and why?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: I'd say passing my officer test last year. It was proposed to me about eight months before I actually did it because I was so nervous, and I actually failed the test on my first try which didn't help. It was really easy in hindsight, but managing to conquer my insecurities and just passing the test was just about the hardest thing I've done in the NPA and I'd still name it my greatest accomplishment. Here's to hoping that it won't be by the end of this term.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: I have to say I was very nervous when I did mine too! What are your core principles regarding Defense? In other words, what's most important to you about Defense?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: Fundamentally the NPA exists to defend and serve TNP and it's allies but that can only happen for as long as the NPA is both active and capable, which I hold as my core principles. If the NPA isn't active and if it's members aren't competent then we can't do anything really, we'd become a non-entity, so maintaining those aspects is very important to me, and to that end, I donate no small amount of my time.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: How do you believe your role as Minister of Defense will benefit the ministry as a whole this term? What unique benefits does your leadership bring to the table?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: A breath of fresh air, I'd say. It's good for a switch in leadership ever so often, provided that the newcomer is competent so that they can implement new ideas and run the NPA in their own way. A change of pace. Beyond that, I'm still exploring the position so it's hard for me to judge how good I am in the role.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: That's understandable. Now, veering slightly away from the NPA, what are your opinions on Gladio's other cabinet appointments?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: On the whole, I was very pleased with them. Ghost was a fantastic choice for MoFA and I feel that he's a very inspired diplomat, I certainly enjoyed his lecture on Optimistic Diplomacy. Brendog is shaping up as an effective MoHA and has been doing a good job from what I've seen in the ministry; Kasch is very hardworking and I think will do- and is doing- a very good job in Communications (not biased, I swear). Deropia, from whatever I've seen of the MoWAA, looks to have been a good choice and is well fulfilling his duties. Artemis has been getting on with the Lennarts recently and looks to be an active Minister of Culture and MiniCult of all the ministries needs somebody like that at the helm the most. Put simply, I'm very pleased with Gladio's cabinet and I think it'll keep the region running smoothly for this term.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: If you were Delegate, what would your cabinet be, just out of curiosity?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: That's a very difficult question, I'm new to government and not wholly familiar with all sectors of it. For Defense, of which I have the most expertise, Lozinak; he's the only Deputy MoD we've had in some time and has shown to be eager in organizing and leading operations, handling NPA applications and even the paperwork (google docs, not very riveting). I'd reckon that he's future MoD material. For Culture, Mcmasterdonia; it's difficult to not notice McM going about their business, and they've consistently shown ambition and imagination in organizing events, of which culture is largely, if not primarily, focused. In Communications, Kasch, for their work ethic and efficiency of operation, which has kept the Northern Lights afloat. In Foreign Affairs I'm inclined to say Ghost; very purposeful, and their writing is second to none. As per Home Affairs and World Assembly Affairs, I can't say I know and I'm not going to make up an opinion on the spot, so I'll have to pass on those.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: As I asked Gladio this, I'll ask you... Who is your NS idol/inspiration?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: Perhaps unsurprisingly, Gladio. Most of my time in NS has been almost exclusively in the NPA, and throughout much of that time Gladio has been my mentor. I've practically berated him with questions when preparing for my officer test and for my term as MoD, and he's always been helpful in answering my concerns. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Gladio's patience, and I still frequently ask him questions. He has always been a very capable MoD, maintaining activity virtually on his own and organizing more operations than I could count in his six terms as MoD.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: What legacy would you like to leave behind when your time on NS is over? How do you want to be remembered?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: I honestly don't much care about my legacy, I'm on NS because I enjoy the community aspect and the opportunities it offers, not to leave a big impact. I'm quite fine with going about my business quietly and leaving NS in the same manner when I've decided that my time is up.  If I had to be remembered, though, I'd most like to be remembered as competent and helpful.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: What is something about you player-related that nobody knows?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: What do you mean by player-related?

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: Let me rephrase. What is something that you have done within NationStates that not many people know about? Or do you believe there is nothing other players do not know?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: There'll be some things but I can't think of any from the top of my head, and if I've done something and I haven't told anybody about it there's probably a reason I've kept it to myself.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: Interesting! What is your least favourite thing about the North Pacific? And your most favourite?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: For my least favourite thing, I'd say the OOC drama. It appears in all of NS and TNP isn't exempted, every now and again it comes around and I despise it with every fibre. I've seen plenty of it elsewhere and I know how it turns people off NS, I don't like it here or there. My favourite thing about TNP is the community spirit of the region, which needs little explaining.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: Don't take NS too seriously, certainly. You'll hear this everywhere, but not enough people really adhere to it. Don't stress yourself out much about NS, if you're losing sleep over whatever's happening in Nationstates you're doing it wrong and you should either ease up or take a break for a while. NS doesn't compromise RL, RL compromises NS always. This applies to a lot outside NS too, it's a good rule to stick to. Mind you, I'm not the best at following that advice myself.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: If every other nation were to CTE tomorrow morning, and you could only keep six nations alive, who would they be?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: That's too loaded for me to confidently answer, so I'll pass.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: Fair. If you could sum yourself up in one sentence, what would that sentence be?

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: Reasonably competant, hopefully getting better.

[b][color=#009933]Kasch[/color][/b]: I think that is all we have time for! Thank you for joining me Malphe, it has been a pleasure!

[b][color=#006600]Malphe[/color][/b]: Been a pleasure.[/quote][hr]
[img]http://z2.ifrm.com/10711/28/0/p1090375/tnl_for3.png[/img] [big][big][big][big]RMB RP Reel #3: Terrible Times In Toshavo[/big][/big][/big][/big]
[right][i]by Illusia, Citizen[/i][/right]
February's coming to a close, and it seems not shortly, things are going down really hard in the RMB Olympics, you won't believe it yourself! TNP Winter Olympics, which was started by Toshavo several weeks ago, has been cancelled due to several arising issues that sparked the discovery of the virus known as GIV, or [i]Global Immunodeficiency Virus.[/i]

On the 20th of February, the International Olympics Group based in Lahos, the capital of the Akhara Islands, postponed the Winter Olympics due to deaths of some Olympic athletes and cases of some being relatively weak. An international organization, named World Health Association, based in Toshavo, determined that the cause of their deaths was a mysterious flu.

Days later, the WHA, with assistance from Paxiosolange's research centers, and to add the fact most of the athletes that died were from them, named the virus Global Immunodeficiency Virus, in layman's terms would be the failure of the immune system, rendering the body defenseless from certain pathogens and disease. The WHA has designated the virus GIV-1.

Like a wildfire in a dry climate, the flu spread rapidly, effectively blanketing all of the Fusean continent, infecting a large number of nations. Estimates from WHA shown at least 700,000 and more are infected and increased to at least 3.4 million.

Despite this, however, collaboration efforts between WHA, other nations and those who are uninfected have been sprouting around to combat the disease and prevent a global epidemic.

The Toshavoan government also issued a martial law, amidst the epidemic. WHA officials and the Toshavoan Armed Forces rolled around their city streets to contain the infected.

Thanks for reading! I'm Illusia, a new writer for the RMB RP Reel. Hopefully, you appreciated the reel, and here's hoping I can do many much more articles for TNL. Once again, this is Illusia, for the TNP RMB RP Reel!

References used:[list=1]
[*][url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=toshavo/detail=factbook/id=975652]TBN News (February 20, 2018). Issue No. 9914.[/url]

[*][url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=toshavo/detail=factbook/id=975923]TBN News (February 20, 2018). Issue No. 8190.[/url]

[*][url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=toshavo/detail=factbook/id=976515]World Health Association (February 21, 2018). Report No. 218.[/url]

[*][url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=toshavo/detail=factbook/id=976399]TBN News (February 23, 2018). Issue No. 7710.[/url]

[*][url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=toshavo/detail=factbook/id=978818]TBN News (February 25, 2018). Issue No. 10280.[/url][/list]
[hr]
[img]http://z2.ifrm.com/10711/28/0/p1090379/tnl_mil.png[/img] [big][big][big][big]NPA Bulletin for February 2018[/big][/big][/big][/big]
[right][i]by Lozinak, Deputy Minister of Defence[/i][/right]
Minister of Defense: Malphe 
Deputy Minister: Lozinak
General(s): QuietDad

Following the transitional month of January, the NPA wasted no time returning to training. The NPA started off the month strong with an operation on February 1st, resulting in seven detags. When the Updaters returned, an Auxiliary found them and cried "The Beacons of TSP are lit! Erinor calls for aid." Malphe, still awash in the glow of battle replied: "And the NPA will answer." Thus the NPA departed once again to aid TSP in their transition of power. The operation in the South Pacific was a success but proved to be too calm. The returning soldiers were eager for combat, and the Officer Corps was keen to give it to them. In the seven day period between the 11th and the 18th, the NPA detagged 53 regions. The soldiers were weary after their glorious accomplishments and desired a rest from battle. The NPA decided to go on a vacation to the region of Yorkshire with Europeia. The two relaxing armies were soon joined in glad friendship by the West Pacific, Balder, The Land of Kings and Emperors, and the United Kingdom. Rested from their stay in Yorkshire, the NPA returned to duty. On the 25th the NPA, with our ally the Royal Albion Legion raided the Fascist League of Dictators. The NPA, however, was not satisfied to put only one fascist region in its place. On the very same day, the NPA deployed to the Backbone of Fascism, at the request of the East Pacific, in order to reinforce hold they, and the NPO had established in preparation for a refounding. 

Lozinak was promoted to Captain on 12/02/2018.
Lotion was promoted to Corporal on 17/02/2018.
Deropia was promoted to Sergeant on 24/02/2018.
Dinoium & Vyamaz were promoted to Private First Class on 24/02/2018.

[table=5,February Operations]Date[c]Update[c]Type[c]Region(s)[c]Participating Soldiers[c]01/02/2018[c]Minor[c]Detag[c]
UCCN
Herin archipelago 
Southfield
New United Nations of the Gator Empire
Asta fan Club
Land of the OG
aoeria[c]
Minister Malphe-Lead
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. Quietdad
CPT. Zazumo
PFC. Lotion[c] 
03/02/2018[c]N/A[c]Delegacy Transition[c]
The South Pacific[c]
Minister Malphe
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. Quietdad
MAJ. Darcania
CPT. Zazumo
LTN. BluieGamer
LTN. BMWSurfer
SGT. Aber639
SGT. Cimmerien
CPL. Deropia
PFC. Michael Power
PFC. Arstotzka1
PFC. Almacs
PFC. Hardonius
PFC. Dinonium[c]11/02/2018[c]Minor[c]Detag[c]Hardin
Hoffman Heffner Principality
Kids Alliance
World Setting
The Commonwealth of Liberated States
The Planet of Erresia[c]Minister Malphe
Deputy Minister Lozinak-Lead
CPT. Zazumo
PFC. Lotion[c]13/02/2018[c]Minor[c]Detag[c]United Cluster of Europian States
Islands of Sicherheit
New United Nations of the Gator Empire 
The Isles of El Nar 
The Lower South
Union of Doomed States[c]Minister Malphe
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. QuietDad
CPT. Zazumo-Lead
LTN. Bluiegamer[c]14/02/2018[c]Major[c]Detag[c]ace space
the last ones standing 
lemonelly
the pacific conglomorate
the lumpy sith lords of rock
horus and ra
unitys alliance 
east scandanavian peninsula
adenia
17 D nations
akachan
3ss3ntial
Alliance of Left countries[c]Deputy Minister Lozinak-Lead
GEN. QuietDad
MAJ. Darcania 
CPT. Zazumo
LTN. BMWSurfer-Lead 
SGT. Aber638[c]16/02/2018[c]Minor[c]Detag[c]Ifunny political region
United National Socialist Nations
YEDI
The Sanguine
The Islamic Confederation
A Bigger Better Fork Union
The Republics Of Southern Africa
Southern Africa[c]Minister Malphe-Lead
GEN. QuietDad
MAJ. Darcania
CPT. Zazumo
SGT. Aber639[c]17/02/2018[c]Minor[c]Detag[c]Golmaal
The Bone Zone
United Nation States of Conservatives
The Boy Band
SEARAF
Demanare[c]Minister Malphe
GEN. QuietDad
CPT. Zazumo-Lead
CPL. Lotion[c]18/02/2018[c]Minor[c]Detag[c]N0vum
Antarctic Alliance
That Broken Wanasnaswa RP
Jebtopia
The Diplomatic League
Power
The Conglomerate of Royal Ashholes 
Deathdrift Watch
North Sea Collective
Tierra
Drekuki
Sili
The United Alliance of Republic Alliance
Smiley Region[c]Minister Malphe-Lead
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. QuietDad
CPT. Zazumo-Lead
CPL. Lotion[c]20/02/2018[c]Minor[c]Raid & Hold[c]Yorkshire[c]Minister Malphe
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. QuietDad
MAJ. Darcania
CPT. Zazumo
LTN. BluieGamer
LTN. BMWSurfer
SGT. Aber639
SGT. Deropia
SGT. Cimmerien
CPL. Lotion
CPL. Sergio86
PFC. Vayamaz
PFC. Dinoium
PFC. Almacs[c]25/02/2018[c]Minor[c]Raid[c]League of Dictators[c]Minister Malphe
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. QuietDad
CPT. Zazumo
SGT. Aber639
CPL. Lotion[c]25/02/2018[c]N/A[c]Hold and Refound[c]The Backbone of Fascism[c]Minister Malphe
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. QuietDad
MAJ.Darcania
CPT. Zazumo
LTN. BMWSurfer
SGT. Aber639
SGT. Deropia
CPL. Lotion
PFC. Dinoium
PFC. Vyamaz[/table][hr]
[img]http://z2.ifrm.com/10711/28/0/p1090375/tnl_for3.png[/img] [big][big][big][big]The NBS Ends February In Success![/big][/big][/big][/big]
[right][i]by Kasch, Minister of Communications[/i][/right]
The Northern Broadcasting Service recently recorded their [url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Lt0LtpnAQfrLP9djZHr9k0SIDHXqXNb/view]ninth broadcast[/url], in which they discussed the success of each of the ministries so far, their thoughts on the revival and the current winners of the Lennart Awards, the effectiveness of the Vice Delegate and the Speaker in processing citizenship applications and how that makes TNP very unique in retaining new members, the idea of political parties in TNP, and finally, the upcoming Justice elections!

In accordance with our policy to provide anyone with a voice within TNP the opportunity to speak on topics that are important to the community and to themselves, the NBS plans to recruit over March and April to increase the number of NBS members.[hr]
[center][size=3][u][b]The Northern Lights[/b][/u][b]:[/b] [i]Beauty in Truth[/i]

Publisher: Gladio II :: Executive Editor: Kaschovia :: Managing Editors: McMasterdonia :: 

[i]The Northern Lights is produced by the Ministry of Communications on behalf of the Government of The North Pacific and distributed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Except where otherwise indicated, all content represents the views of the Government of The North Pacific.[/i]

[b][center][url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=352113]Index of issues[/url][/center][/b][/size]
When I released the code for Issue XIX, it seemed, as I had tried to gather it before, that the code for Invision/Proboards cannot actually be seen when posting. Rather, what happens, is that the code can be added automatically to the draft of a post rather than adding the code and being able to see a preview before posting it.

Those who are ambassadors to regions that have Zetaboards forums will find it much easier to post this issue and anyone who needs to post it on an Invision or Proboards board will just have to see what they can do. Come to me if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Delivered to Social Liberal Union.

Edit: I went ahead and posted to Force's embassy as well since I'm still masked as a Diplomat there and I haven't been replaced on our side yet.

Delivered to the MoFA of Forest. He will post it on their RMB (their forum is still not functional)

Posted in TEP! Some slight mishaps with permissions and me accidentally writing the wrong issue number, but it should be all sorted out now. Kingdom of Alexandria has finished their forum renovations, but I don't think they're reviving the NS diplomatic quarters.

Sankami:
Posted in TEP! Some slight mishaps with permissions and me accidentally writing the wrong issue number, but it should be all sorted out now. Kingdom of Alexandria has finished their forum renovations, but I don't think they're reviving the NS diplomatic quarters.
Thanks, Sankami!

Good work to everyone that has posted the Issue In their assigned region so far! For those of you that haven't please get it done as soon as possible.

Back