Romantic Stories Submissions Thread

Yukkira

TNPer
Discord
An Actual Walrus#6526
moce_seal.png

Romantic Stories Submissions Thread

Description:

This thread will serve as the submission thread for the romantic stories contest as part of the "Romance For The Weekend" TNP Valentine Event. Commentary posts that are not submissions will be hidden

Rules For Submission:

Submissions may be posted below or sent in a telegram to me on NS. If choosing to telegram me, please specify somewhere that you're giving me a submission for the Romantic Stories Contest and I will post your story here, in the thread.

• Stories cannot be longer than 500 words max
  • All stories must be written in English
  • A maximum of two stories may be submitted per account
  • No erotic or otherwise explicit imagery is allowed. Submissions will be PG-13 in nature. Any submissions that do not meet this requirement will be immediately disqualified, with the account associated with the submission being immediately disqualified from both contests and ineligible to win either prizes. Further disciplinary actions may be warranted at the discretion of TNP Admin.
Each submission will be judged by both myself and the executive staffers per the below criteria:
  • How sincere is it?
  • How many tissues did we need to stop ourselves from crying?
  • Were we able to recover and read through the rest of the submissions?

Prize Distribution:

After the winner is announced in the below dispatch, the winner will be telegramed a link to their prize. In addition, they will given the right to use the below banner, showing off their creative prowess, courtesy of Deputy Minister ABC:

7Jf1fjhl.png

Any questions or concerns? Please feel free to reach out to me on Discord, send me a telegram on Nationstates. I will periodically check my inbox on the forums, but it is not a reliable way of communicating with me.

Thank you for your participation!

Skydance-Traditional Love holiday in the Empire of Lozinak

The Aquilla bar-Outside the Imperial Legion training compound

"Vivian!" Andrew called. "Happy Skydance."

"Gods, finally" She sighed. "Piss off the Centurion again?" She said with a smile.

"Must have, he held my entire Century. I don't think he enjoys being a training officer very much."

"You think?" She laughed. "They pulled him out of Brusk for this...but anyway grab a drink, we're behind."

"As you command, the usual John!" The bartender gave a nod.

So what's this mystery evening you've got planned for us? "The anticipation is killing me."

Andrew reached down, and around the small box in his pocket he found their tickets. "Two tickets to the Skydance ball."

"How the hell did you manage that?"

"Lets just say I called in all my favors, and maybe a few more after that." Andrew said.

"I hope that doesn't come back to bite you. When are we going?" Vivian said finishing her drink.

"As soon as I'm done, we can head over. The ball actually started a few minutes ago, but it's always better to be fashionably late."

"That attitude is why the Centurion hates you." Vivian said matter of factly.
"Oh well." Andrew said as he downed the last of his drink. "Off we go."

When they arrived Andrew helped Vivan up the steps and handed the doorman their tickets. In their dress uniforms they were a couple to behold.

"Thank you very much Legionnaires, enjoy the ball."

"Thank you." Andrew said with a curt nod. "After you love."

The next several hours were a blur for Andrew, the ball was everything he had hoped, and to finally have Vivian in his arms for more than a few stolen minutes was beyond euphoric. It was all here. The music, the ambiance, the glamour, and most importantly, the girl. The time was right.

"Hey, step outside for a second? Got us a couple smokes."

"I haven't had a cigar since college." Vivian laughed "Lets do it."

They made their way to the roof, where Andrew hoped they could find some quite.

"Hey stand over by the edge with the cigar so I can take a picture." Andrew said

"Okay" She Laughed as she turned and looked out dramatically over the city.

"Did you get it?" She said turning around. "What are you…?"

Andrew was kneeling, the small box in his hands. "Vivian Verinus, will you embrace me, from this skydance to the last?"

"I...Andrew no, no I will not." She said, half yelling in shock.

"I don't understand. Why not?" Andrew said as he sat down.

"Andrew this has been wonderful fun, please don't ruin this." She said stifling tears. "We are married to the Legion, to the Eagle. I need to go."

"Vivian wait...Please!"

Andrew sat on the roof, staring up at the stars. "Just good fun he said aloud." "Married to the Legion." He reached for the flask in his coat and raised a toast to the moon. "Long live the Empire" He said as he took a drink.

"Long live the Legion."

Submitting nation: Mzeusia

Corn To Stars

"You'll be fine, it's not like his dad eats people except girls after his son's heart." Harry, one of my friends grinned at my expression. He'd agreed to drive me up to Karl's house. Karl was my boyfriend and we had recently started dating. Harry claimed he was owed a beer and although he was right, that didn't stop me feeling uncomfortable. Oh, the things we do for love.
It was late and the light from the street lamps was harsh and imposing. Harry's driving had been extremely dangerous as normal, and I was surprised he had passed. I tried to ignore these things and just focus on Karl's face, his hair, his eyes. It was an attempt to calm myself but thinking of him just made my heart beat faster.
With the squealing of tires that was so characteristic to my friend's driving, I had arrived outside Karl's house. I saw the curtains draw back and his face peered out, a wide, loving smile getting me. A moment later, Karl rushed out of the house. I leaped out of the car and we embraced in the night. His muscled arms wrapped around mine and I breathed in his scent. "Happy valentine's Day." I whispered into his ear.
"There's nowhere I'd rather be." He kissed my forehead.
I blushed. "It's cold and dark out here." I smiled up at him.
"When you're here I don't notice anybody else." He replied. "How could I think of anything when I have you by my side?"
Karl's father walked out of the house." Good morning Mr lovegrove." My hand tapped nervously against my leg as I spoke.
Mr lovegrove frowned and looked into the sky. "Doesn't look like morning to me, in fact I was under the impression that it was very much the middle of the night."
Luckily, I was saved by his wife. "Oh, leave them alone Herbert. Don't you remember what it was like to be young and in love?" Herbert's wife, Matilda, was a petite woman with a kindly face and heart to match. She put a hand on her husband and took him back inside.
"I've always been young." I heard him grumble as his wife pecked him on the cheek.
I looked at Karl. We smiled warmly at one another. A few minutes later we had found a corn field to rest in. We were watching the stars as they twinkled in the darkness.
"I love you Karl." It was a simple comment, but we didn't need to say much more. He tilted his head so that we were looking at each other. Our noses touched.
"This will sound soppy." He began, "but the stars aren't anything compared to your beauty."
I grinned. "The soppy things are often the ones holding the most truth."
I reached out to hold his hand, feeling his cool touch as sweet air washed over us. We were together as we gazed into the sky. In that moment, I wanted nothing else.

An excerpt from The First Meeting of Zakiron and Hikari...

The adrenaline and distractions from the previous events started to wear down again, being replaced with clarity and realization... Zakiron let his pride and fear get in the way of why he did what he did, and what matters the most.
Her heart... He thought. What Zakiron and Hikari had? It was meant to be more than just friendly diplomacy. More than a simple courtship affair between two ruling families. It was meant to be... love.

Zakiron's heart began to beat faster, as the thought reoccurred in his mind, to be honest about how he really felt about her. More than the awkward air they sometimes created. More than the occasional flirt or dirty joke. It was meant to be more...

A lasting connection that couldn't be broken.

He sheathed Illume, and walked towards Hikari. His heart beat faster and faster as he moved closer, till he was in front of her. He... didn't know what else to think, or say. Except, to earn her heart. But how...? He wanted to... Needed to... Don't worry about what she'll think... just let it out...

"I... love you."

And then he hugged her. To Zakiron, she was what he needed. Someone who was always optimistic and upbeat. Someone who always found fun in life, no matter where it took them. It made him look less at the past, and more towards the bright present, and future...

Hikari blushed, of course.
"You... you... umm... love me?" She whimpered, almost whispering. She presses her fingers, playfully.

"We... we just met, but... this is so... unexpected, um, Zakiron. But... I guess... I'd say this to you, too," she continued, facing him now, straight up and fighting her fears. She whispered to him:

"I love you... too."

She can't help but to blush, after whispering that, she looked away, covering her face, blinking endlessly. She has never felt love before aside from her family's. But they just met, isn't that too fast? No. For Hikari, it's fine with her... she doesn't mind.

Zakiron released Hikari from his hug, and just... stood there for a bit, staring into her eyes. In his heart, he was sure this was what he wanted. But he also wanted to make sure this went right. That this was what they both wanted... So he left the choice to her.
"Well... Where do you want to go, from here?" He asked. Whether it was a metaphorical question, or literally asking where from the backyard, he didn't really care. Zakiron felt like falling down from nervousness. He just said those three words, he can't take them back at all... At least he's done beating around the bush, so to speak.

This was meant to be a new beginning, something to look forward to.

He... didn't know how to proceed. From here, right now. It would be up to her.

Mayumi rushed across the land, gas mask muffling her panicked breathes. She struggled to keep up with the madness. The bullets flying, the soldiers and rebels shouting and shooting at the one another, the haunting screams of the dead and dying echoing across the town. It was hard to make out anything in the yellow-green fog. But she wouldn't hesitate. Not now.

The girl walked further inside, trying to ignore the surging agony of each step she took. Still she climbed the stairs, still she reached the room. A terrified woman lied trapped within, trying to cover her mouth and nose with her hands, the toxic gas rising higher and higher.

"M-Mayumi?"

Mayumi took a moment to gaze at Ruriko. No! Any more time wasted could mean the difference between life and death! She took off her gas mask, and handed it to her friend. Ruriko looked confused, as though she couldn't believe what was happening.

"Take it, and live." said Mayumi, muttering between pants. "You...deserve it."

"But...what about-"

"You need it more than me. Please...don't make this hard for me." It was unfair. She knew it. But she would rather be the one to die. Ruriko was never good at holding her breath. She talked and talked with no fear. It was why Mayumi trusted her so much. She held nothing back from her.

"But-"

"I can't let you die!" she screamed. That desperate panic flooded through her lungs, as that pungent odour become more and more overwhelming. Ruriko took hold of the mask...and forced it back onto Mayumi

"Don't be stupid, Mayumi. You're the one who needs to live." Those eyes had the look of acceptance. Ruriko didn't have the will to face the death of her closest friend. Mayumi could see it. That didn't make her any less miserable. That only made her heart pound faster.

In that moment, she made her decision.

"Ruriko...I love you. Always remember that." Ruriko was silent, trying to process it all. In that moment, Mayumi fled downstairs and outside, unable to bear the anxiety or the sadness any longer. How could she abandon her? She was being selfish. But would it be even more selfish to deny Ruriko's wish-

She barely held herself back from puking as she saw the corpse of a dead man. A rebel, shot in the chest, bleeding. Then, she saw what he worse. A gas mask. No. I'm not giving up on her. Never again! Mayumi tore the mask away, and rushed back inside. She could hear Ruriko sobbing between coughs.

"Ruriko!" she shouted as she stormed up the stairs. The yellow-green haze was everywhere. Mayumi pounced onto her, forcing the stolen gas mask into her friend before anything more could be said. "Neither of us has to die today..."

The two embraced each other. It felt warm. A deep warmth of both body and heart.

Back