Goyanes

Worldbuilder
-
TNP Nation
Goyanes
Discord
goya#6469
GOYANES FOR AG

Hi, I'm Goyanes, the current Attorney General of the North Pacific. I am seeking reelection this term, and I am petitioning you, the citizens of TNP for your support of my campaign.

About Me:
I have served as a Deputy Attorney General for several terms, beginning with Ash, and all of Darcania's recent terms. I am also the current Attorney General as of the Special Election.

Things my office and I want to work on this term:
-Continuing work on the matryoshka doll of R4R's between the special election and the present moment
-Making TNP Law (and associated Legalese) more understandable and accessible to the general community by the creation of a Legal Guide
-Continuing a quick and effective response to legal complaints
-Continuing legal advice services to members of the government

Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to respond in a timely manner.

~Goy

Mall:
Do you support creating a TNP public defender position?
Hi Mall, Thanks for your question.

I think creating a public defender's office would be beneficial to people having court hearings as often times TNP law can be quite confusing for newcomers, and even longtime residents, so having a public defender could be useful in providing an adequate legal defense for those requested to appear before the court.

How would you go about creating a public defender position? Would it be an elected or an appointed position? What would all of their duties entail?

Drasnia:
How would you go about creating a public defender position? Would it be an elected or an appointed position? What would all of their duties entail?
Hi Drasnia, thanks for your question.

The current court rules state that if the defendant does not submit a desire to represent themselves or hire a counsel, that the court will appoint one for them. I think that if we are tomake an established public defenders office, the proper procedure would be to draft a regional assembly proposal and submit it through the legislative system. I think it should be an elected position, with the Chief Defender able to appoint deputies. They would be a sort of public attorney system, which could be called on by the defendants or appointed on by the court.

Back