A motion to make the regional motto - Peace, Order and Good Government

Honestly, don’t see the point of codifying a regional motto.

Unofficially, the motto has been “Where the democracy is strong, debate robust, and the rum plentiful” and that’s fine enough by me to use. It’s light, fun, and kinda has a double meaning (I take it to mean we’re a bit crazy at times).

I could do with more attention being given to our regional drink (spiced rum).

Seconded, I'm a bit attached to our current one, although I'd be open to hear why you're interested in changing it.

Even if the conditions were right for the motto to be changed, which they are certainly not, as many other people have already stated, "Peace, Order, and Good Government" just sounds awkward.

Strongly against.

I honestly just don't see the point in it, I still wouldn't even if the contents of it were more appropriate. The current motto is perfectly fine, there's no need to fix what isn't broken.

Maybe we could take this time to even in some way codify the motto then? The current one that is, right now we just have it as a sort of unofficial official one but we could make it law to preserve it if we wanted.

Tawks VerinGuard:
Maybe we could take this time to even in some way codify the motto then? The current one that is, right now we just have it as a sort of unofficial official one but we could make it law to preserve it if we wanted.
There really is no need to codify the motto. It's been around literally for years. Any removal of it from the WFE would cause some push back and even then it could be put back up.

What if we just changed this to be our current unofficial motto: "Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful!"

I mean it doesn't really matter if it's official or not.

abc:
What if we just changed this to be our current unofficial motto: "Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful!"

What do you mean? It is our official motto. It's in the WFE. It doesn't necessarily need to be codified to be official. I know of no other Region using the same motto.

James Urquhart:
abc:

What do you mean? It is our official motto. It's in the WFE. It doesn't necessarily need to be codified to be official. I know of no other Region using the same motto.
I mean, even if it's on the WFE, it doesn't make it official. That just puts it in frequent use and identifies it as TNP's.

I propose an amendment to the Legal Code of the North Pacific, Chapter 10: Cultural Declarations. I propose we add the following section:

Section 10.4: Motto
21. The official motto of the region shall be "Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful!"
22. The motto shall be displayed on the World Factbook Entry.

I believe our regional motto is just as important as our flag, holidays and religious observances. By having it codified in our cultural declarations, we enshrine a bit of our history in a formal capacity.

Synnaraka:
I propose an amendment to the Legal Code of the North Pacific, Chapter 10: Cultural Declarations. I propose we add the following section:

Section 10.4: Motto
21. The official motto of the region shall be "Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful!"
22. The motto shall be displayed on the World Factbook Entry.

I believe our regional motto is just as important as our flag, holidays and religious observances. By having it codified in our cultural declarations, we enshrine a bit of our history in a formal capacity.
I suggest you start your own thread for this proposal so that the two discussions can be kept separate.

I was using this one since it's similar to the original proposal (in the part that he wanted to codify a regional motto) and since most people seemed against the original proposal. I shall make a new thread instead.

Back