Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings

I could go on a massive rambling about every position in the government but I will not. Yet you are a RP'er and you don't know what the Ministry of Culture does is very ironic :P. At least half of the Culture comes from our RP world and half of it is their responsibility. And also you got the cabinet and people like me that help the delegate.

Malayan Singapura: Although an interesting statement, I doubt NS or TNP really counts as a virtual nation. And a heads-up for being delegate: it's hard. Like seriously, really hard.

Brend0g: Well, when I say RPer, I mean in general. Which means TNP RMB (you know what that's like) and NS forums mainly. So I've never run into the Minister of Culture or indeed have any idea what TNP's culture would be in its RP world.

Today on Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings: naming!

How do I name my stuff?

Random name generators and Google Translate!

All of my Densetsu's names have an actual meaning. Which I translated from Google Translate so it's probably wrong but that doesn't matter.

Aozora's name is from a random name translator. I found Aozora for one name and Chiyumi for the other, and decided it sounded good so I combined them. Amazing creativity I know.

How'd I get her title though?

Well, the Overlady part comes from "Overlord". I thought "what's the female version of Lord?" and ended up with Overlady. And she's a bit insane, and likes claiming she has heaps of power, so Supreme Overlady of All Reality seemed to fit.

Long to type, but hopefully a memorable title.

Today on Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings: Plot twists, tensions, and temptation!

So, the TNP RMB is becoming even more insane. Now we have seemingly a psychotic assassin being trained to mercilessly kill opposition, treason going on unbeknownst to the world (in my mind anyway), and of course the leader of N8TO (the enemy of the Warsaw Pact, which I'm in, because why make fictional alliances when you can recycle existing ones I guess) is becoming somewhat crazy.

And where do I find myself in all this?

Right in the middle of it of course! Where else would I be, somewhere safe around the edges? Nope! I'm the one sitting on a fuse with a torch in hand who can't decide whether I should light it or not!

And I'm excited about that.

Yes, obviously it's going to blow up in my face and it's going to hurt. But hey, it'll make a cool explosion, and that's worth it, isn't it?

Nope, I'm not standing in an explosion. That's where the metaphor fails though, because with this situation lighting it just create some spectacular fireworks. Oh and also probably destroys half the nation. Kyoki Chudoku being the nation.

Why am I so rambling today? When aren't I? But seriously, I'm just writing random stuff here at this point.

Well, I'm going to go contribute to the insanity once more. But I won't light the fuse yet.

Hurray for metaphors vaguely related to what you're actually talking about.

Oh yes, these are tense times decending on the RMB on the world, i feel... conflict coming closer each passing second... terrible conflict, but in the end there will be but one thing left though, and that will be the glory of the Warsaw Pact!
-Bryan von Friently VII, Emperor of the Grand Friently Empire

Ooc: RP's gon git gud

"Yes! The Warsaw Pact shall prevail over our pathetic enemies! Things are tense right now, but soon they shall become intense, as conflict and death sweeps the world..."

-Aozora Chiyumi, Supreme Overlady of All Reality

Welcome back to Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings!

On today's edition, I've been inspired by recent randomness to explain how I even came to be in TNP in the first place, my (not that) long history with the region, and how I came to be in the position I am today. Which is...I don't even know what it is. Local insanity and cookie distributor I suppose?

Well, I'll tell you why I first moved to TNP, which of the region's many lures brought me to this realm...

I was founded there.

I did the usual, posted a few messages and stuff on the RMB, but I wasn't actually that involved with it. I was mainly focused on forum RP, you see. Well really just random Forum 7 posts. Anyway, I made some allies both in and out of region, and also some enemies mostly out of region (some people don't like psychotic dictatorships it turns out) but not any actual conflict.

I became involved with a little regional RMB alliance creatively titled the Warsaw Pact. I did it mostly to avoid being invaded, and if I'm being honest my plan at the time was basically to try get random allies, get as much information on them and benefits from them as I could, and if it was convenient, I could always leave or betray them.

Most of my regional allies became somewhat inactive. The Warsaw Pact was the exception, and as I got bored of random F7 posts and the tensions over on the NS forums became less and less tense as time pressed on, I began posting more on the RMB.

More of the insanity that was Kyoki Chudoku was revealed (ok honestly it wasn't exactly hidden to begin with but still). Eventually, I got myself into a war. Until that point, I'd been rather pacifistic in terms of conflicts. No need to get myself involved in the death of the universe, I thought. Then one day I got attacked and it ended up causing world obliteration.

Then we had a universal reset.

That became a trend for a while. Battles occurring, universal resets occurring. I wasn't a warmonger, but I would defend myself if attacked, and with the powerful allies of the Warsaw Pact behind me, we were able to prevent enemy victory.

Then an alliance called N8TO appeared pretty much in direct counter to us. A bunch of democratic nations joined it. I continued doing random stuff, of course. One time I did an RP war with a nation called Aldion (the first person to respond to this blog actually I believe), trying to do it properly with actual paragraphs, a 1v1 with no WMDs or godmodding. That was fun. I lost, but that didn't matter.

Oh yeah, Aozora always enjoyed "conversing" (arguing) over ideology. Sometimes defending her policies of torture and murder and tyranny. One time there was one nation trying to do...something? By getting her to concede...something. I have no clue I just remember this from looking back on it. Random banter was common basically.

Eventually people started doing shipping stuff (you know what I'm talking about. Well maybe not but it's pretty simple) with my leader and another one. At first I didn't take that seriously but it eventually became a thing somehow. At some point between all this I started the whole thing of giving out cookies.

Eventually I became known as a local insane cookie-giving psychotic dictatorship with powerful allies. OOC though, I try to remain civil and sane. Since my IC nation and characters are not like me OOC (I'd be worried if I were, seriously), I like to think I'm alright at keeping them divided.

Anyway, then more stuff happened, but I'm tired of writing so I'm going to torture you by not finishing this until later.

It won't matter too much for most of you will it almost everyone here either doesn't care much or already knows what happened more recently...

Not as long as my IC walls of text, but probably a while, I've forgotten the exact amount of time.

Today on Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings: part two of the above!

Just kidding, I'm going to torture you all more.

Fine, the actual reason is because it's pretty well known over on the RMB. And I've covered it all on this blog already anyway.

Instead, let's talk about something different.

Specifically, godmodding.

For that one person here who doesn't know, godmodding refers to the act of the impossible happening in order to win something. There are various examples of it, and I'm here to demonstrate a few. Well actually I'm here to spread insanity but I'll demonstrate a few for fun and because I couldn't think of anything else.

Firstly, there is a difference between godmodding and low quality RP. For example, this:

"My soldiers attack yours."

Is not actually godmodding, assuming you're in a war with the person obviously. It's not exactly detailed, sure, but it allows the other nation to respond. That is one key aspect of this. They they were attacking you, yes, but nothing is guaranteed.

The opposite is also true. High-quality posts can still be godmodding. It doesn't matter if you have ten, highly detailed paragraphs on the assassin's operation, them killing your entire army is still godmodding.

Some examples are more obvious.

"A meteorite crashes into your capital and you all die" is one such example. It's obviously attempting to do damage to you with no way to react and no way to do anything to them.

There are three other distinct branches of godmodding I'll discuss (well, yell at you about) quickly.

Firstly, numberspamming. Basically "I send 9,999,999,999 troops." This tactic relies on using massive numbers to godmod. Generally, how so many troops were trained, kept alive, supplied, and so on is ignored.

The second type I don't know the name of, but it basically involves taking control of another nation's assets and characters with the intention of making them incompetent and unable to win. Controlling someone else's character should be avoided if at all possible, unless I suppose you have permission.

Finally, this one won't happen to many of you, but it does to me sometimes since I'm crazy and have magic despite being mostly in MT. This one happens more in settings where technology or capabilities are fictional. It's where your opponent goes and steals your stuff somehow, stuff that only you're supposed to have. Your experimental bioweapon, your teleportation, your magic, they somehow get their hands on it. That one is very annoying.

Anyway, that's it for today! Yep, I know you already knew most of this. I couldn't think of anything better alright.

Whoa whoa whoa. Hey kyoki chudoku, I need to buy one million missiles to launch into space and celebrate as we destroy aliens ! Even if democracy aint your thing, I still need it

<Meanwhile in TenshiMart, 666666 Cookie avenue, Kyoki Chudoku Capital City, Kyoki Chudoku>

Me: <Brit Accent>Hello, I would to buy one million of your finest missiles capable of reaching Space

Kyoki Chudokun Cashier: Ok. That will be 100,000,000,000 Cookies.

Me: <Brit accent> Do you accept Military Cargo Jet full wads of cash, Jet Black Credit Card, Gold, Blood Diamonds, An archepeliago in a strategic location for your military full with resources or Golden Check Engraved with a pen which uses liquefied quick dry ruby ?

Well since i have exiled myself from the RMB, I have 500% more free time. At least come next july i would have at least advanced several levels higher in the tnp hierachy. I think i can contribute a gaming server specifally for TNP. Could be Minecraft with a string of mods meant too add 21st century experiences. Or something else . My pockets are slightly above average but i am a guy who knows anyone that has any particular item that i can immediately get as easy as a soda dispensing machine

Welcome to Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings:

Today's somewhat apparently controversial topic: RMB guides!

There's been something of a recent sub-genre of blog going around lately, which I call the RMB guide genre. Basically, it's people trying to explain the very random insanity of the RMB in various ways.

Now, I have yet to try my hand at such. Maybe I will one day, although so far every one of these things has been locked. Why? Well let's delve into the subject a little further.

The original RMB guide was posted by Malayan Singapuran. The idea behind it, as far as I'm aware, was to try to provide knowledge about the RMB and such. It was supposed to help new players fit in, but the individual who posted it has something of a record of struggling to accomplish that very feat. To summariseits content, it describes Aldion as RMB USA, the Sanada Clan as RMB Russia and myself as RMB China. And also a lot of other nations as various things.

The main mistake made was the referral to the RMB's RPs as "CANCER", or so the author stated in their request to have the thread removed after the residents of the region questioned its accuracy and purpose.

A second RMB guide later appeared, by the same author. It was similar, though it additionally described Anytiyard as RMB Britain. Also, Necerierra was mentioned as a "Middle Power". This one was trying to be less presumptuous, and also was attempting to be less biased in its language. However, this thread too was requested to be locked by its author, as they were accused of implying that some players godmodding considerably.

Inspired by this, Necerierra created their own version. This was effectively a table divided into five main groups- N8TO (the local democratic and monarchy alliance), the Warsaw Pact (the local communist and dictatorship alliance, and the one I'm in), Middle Power (nations that had considerable influence but weren't in either of those), The Liker Lurker (those people who will like every post you make but rarely post themselves), and Bottom Feeder (the people that are looked down upon in their eyes).

It was the last classification that caused this guide's demise.

Some took issue with being classified as Bottom Feeder, and the hostilities caused as a result ended up with the thread being locked, although this time not at the author's request.

So, why do I bring this up? Because I might try making one. The history doesn't look good for the genre, though. Every thread has been locked within like a day. But maybe I can change that? Doubtful, honestly.

My overall opinion is that making an unbiased version of this sort of thing is impossible. The only people who could do it also happen to not know anything about it, because as soon as you look at the RMB you're bound to have some sort of bias.

Well anyway, I may or may not invite doom upon myself by trying to make one of these. But there you go, a brief history of the RMB guide so far.

Oh yeah, my life's good. Kidneys still functional.

That is the question indeed, if you show it how it is people will know what to expect and what is going on and thus you represent the truth, but that means you show certain people to be at the bottom, being the least respected by everyone. And that is bound to have mods disagree with you and lock your guide. But if you do not include the respect hierarchy(which is how ill call it instead of the the power hierarchy) then what is the point becasue then you do not show how it is and people who read it still don't get accurate information which defeats the use of the guide.

T'is quite the conundrum

I am amazed on how you rised you popularity on the rmb s the resident #1 blogger. with moristia #2 and me #3. You are good at trend riding. you considered doing it in social media ? You would be the guy with a thousand friends in facebook, twitter, instagram or some other social media for no reason. I achieved it. you could do it way faster than I have ever done. It took me months but I bet you can do it within a week

hey kyoki chudoku. i have done it. a strict politically correct RMB guide in the non era section of the roleplay section called Totally Neutral RMB guide. For the rest I am requesting the Admins to blow it to kingdom come. I copied necerierra's guide and mixed portions of mine . Also i am second to you, behind u by a hundred view but a hundred ahed of moristia. have some red wine, matching cheese and some crackers. Cheers man !

I have witnessed that guide, and I must say it is very similar to Necerierra's. In fact, you seem to have essentially copied that one, made some alterations to the wording, and then sent it.

Tonight on Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings: insanity.

When writing walls of text on my characters, I basically have to try to get into the head of an insane person.

Aozora, of course, is an unstable sadistic torturer. She is capable of emotions, but finds satisfaction in the agony and death of her foes. Or random people she kidnaps off of the street.

But there are other forms of insanity in Kyoki Chudoku!

Basically, every Densetsu except one has some kind of insanity. One of them has extreme masochism, one of them has extreme perfectionism, and one of them has extreme nymphomania. Oh that's last one's going to fun to write the history of...

Anyway, why do I do this? Because I'm crazy. Nah, but seriously, Kyoki Chudoku's insanity is reflected in its highest personnel. Also, portraying various forms of insanity allows me to see and portray things from a million different perspectives. Where one sees torment, another sees enjoyment. Where one sees disgust, another sees attraction. Where one sees potential, another sees flaw. And so on.

And yeah basically my nation is full of insane people. What a shock.

Congratulations. I have no idea how that number went up so fast (well, I have a theory) but congratulations.

Today on Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings: preparing for the future!

This is actually, believe it or not, an important topic for me in terms of NS. Why? Because who knows what's going to happen? The thing is, there are certain events that are basically guaranteed to happen at some point.

I'll explain why preparing for the future is important with some examples.

So, as we should all know from previous blog posts (but I'm saying again anyway just in case), the current leader of the Sanada Clan betrayed the former leader and killed her. IC, this secret is yet to be revealed. However, this new leader has discussed things in a very suspicious manner, leading to considerable thought that something more is going on here.

My issue is that basically this is a ticking time bomb.

I mean, when (I could say if but it's going to happen at some point) Aozora finds out about what really happened, what do you think the insane tyrant is going to do? Just stand there? She's not going to be very happy to find that it wasn't death that betrayed her, nope, it was a living person with a gun. And the thing about living people is that they can become not living people. But trying to, say, furiously declare war and attempt retribution is just going to destroy the nation.

That doesn't eliminate that possibility, though. Insane people aren't well known for their sense of reasonableness. But who knows what'd happen if I went down that path? There are alternatives, of course. It's possible to try more subtle methods so as not to become a nuclear wasteland.

Basically, I'm in a position where I have to prepare what happens to Kyoki Chudoku should certain events happen. What if, in the midst of conflict, democratic forces show up with an opportunity to take over and liberate the country? I have plans for what would happen if the nation was forced to become a democratic one, and not to say much on the matter, but the situation will likely remain rather...insane.

I also have to prepare for what would happen if important people died. Who am I willing to part with? Who do I desire to keep alive? Is allowing somebody to be killed worth it, since I can never have them back if they are?

All of this stuff is why preparing is necessary. The future is uncertain, yet what I do know is that every action will have consequences, and some of those consequences are still due to catch up to me.

Malayan Singapuran:
I'M NUMBER ONE ! I'M NUMBER ONE ! WOO !!!
That is unprofessional, ms. singapura.

Anyway, when you get into fight with Sanada Clan....................... i hope you can send sagiri back to Necerierra

Necerierra, that is a likely outcome in such an event.

Today in Kyoki Chudoku's Totalky Sensible Random Ramblings, we have a somewhat unusual topic: molestation.

No, not Gikochinai.

Wait, is this stuff even allowed? Well it doesn't get very far so I'm assuming yes. If not I don't know. Regardless, let's continue my explanation of why I'm even talking about this.

So, in the last couple of days, there have been a few nations that I'm incredibly suspicious are made by the same player. There are several reasons I suspect this:

1. The naming convention of each nation is basically a self-descriptive title.
2. They have the same style of RP, godmodding included, as well as the tendency to post a million seperate posts rather than one medium sized post.
3. They all use clones as an excuse to avoid grisly death when it happens.
4. They all molested Aozora.

Now, to clarify. By "molest" I meant "kiss without permission", not quite...you know. It's still enough to make Aozora murder them, though. She considers it to be defilement.

So, if you're on the RMB you already knew all this.

But here's a few considerations, for other suspicious nations. There are two things I'd like to bring up.

Firstly, the nature of these nations. They're all new, some of them deliberately moved to TNP, and their nature generally involves a single incredibly overpowered character. However, of the ones that have performed the defilement thus far, we have a bit of a convention. You see, I think they may be deliberately targeting Aozora in this manner in terms of character. That sounds strange, but consider:

The Blade Of Destruction: the first of this trend, also called BoD. Intended to be a powerful warrior who enjoys using blades and enjoys torture. Guess who else is powerful, uses a bladed weapon, and enjoys torture?

Master Spree Killer: the second of the trend. Intended to be a powerful serial killer who enjoys watching others suffer, enjoys torture, and enjoys killing people. Guess who else enjoys watching suffering, performing torture, and killing people?

This is the point where we move into speculative rather than probable territory.

Down With Freedom: moved immediately from TWP to TNP, right after Master Spree Killer ceased activity. Currently their last message is asking why I thought those two were the same, after which activity ceased. Immediately afterwards Master Spree Killer came back to say they weren't the same before vanishing again. In what little we know about them, they hate freedom. Guess who else hates freedom?

The Combat Masters: moved immediately from TEP to TNP. Has the same roleplay style indicative of these probable puppets. They seem to act as some sort of elite army group. Guess who else likes military might?

Now some of these are a stretch, I admit. Heaps of people enjoy powerful militaries, for instance. But there are too many coincidences to ignore this in my opinion. Considering the defilement of Aozora twice in a row pretty much, I suspect the same will be attempted again. And that their ultimate goal is trying to accomplish some sort of relationship here. Why do I suspect that? Because I have the sneaking paranoia they are trying to create something which appeals to each of her personality traits until eventually they get the right combination for her not to murder them on the spot.

Now you may be asking "what kind of person is going to go to all that effort for such a pointless reward on a fictional online game?", to which I answer, "I don't know". That's the flaw in my theory, really. I don't know why anyone would bother to go to such lengths purely for that purpose. Could it be I'm just at the wrong place at the wrong time?

Unlikely.

Now, here's where I mention a few outliers that I believe may also be puppets (I feel like a conspiracy theorist by this point).

EpicAlphaMan: Supposed friend of BoD. Showed up in TNP around the time BoD got deleted I believe. When first offered my poisoned cookies, stated he already knew what they'd do, even though that had not been specified recently at the time. Has acted as though they are aware of BoD's emotions, and has pretended to be the ghost of BoD once. However my godmodding ignorance barrier prevented anything from happening with that. Also, he said this, and I quote:

oh kyoki he has a crush on you

In clear reference to BoD. Overall highly suspicious, and that quote part is important.

The Dark Restruction: Has a very similar RP style to the above probable puppets, and showed up around the same time as them. Literally their first action was moving to TNP. Suspicious.

Now, note that quote from before. It's concerning. Because if that statement is correct, and since I suspect it's the same person I suspect it is, that basically means somebody is just going to keep making a million puppets and molesting Aozora repeatedly. Note how most of these entered TNP almost immediately. I need further evidence to be certain, but it's possible I may technically have an online stalker now.

Not that I'm worried or anything, because at this rate all that's going to happen is a few names are going to be taken on NS, a few fictional people are going to get murdered by a fictional person, and I get to practise my godmodding ignorance barrier skills.

But still, the possibility is a little disturbing honestly.

Well there you go for my random theory analysis of consistent defilement that's probably overly paranoid edition of Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings!

It cannot be me aozora. I am strictly like you: 1 nation with 1 main character. Plus I dare not molest you or break the renade promise i made to not come back to the rmb till.. mid july 2018

hey chudoku, something just popped out of my mind, what does aozora look like ? I dunno why, but after some curiousity, I think it would be great if we at least knew what your "supreme lady" looks like either in cartoon or manga. Its ok if u dont want to though

Welcome to today's extra short edition of Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings.

Remember how I said I was sitting on an an explosive barrel?

It's exploded.

I'll get back to you when I know the casualty.

I actually can picture it in my head. You are a very good story writer. I read this, I sleep and I can immediately dream about this situation. Except I do not know what aozora looks like, so in my dreams it is the polar opposite of sanada's manga depiction of her leder. Its like i read your stuff my dreams are suddenly turned into a pretty good anime with a potential to make it big. Keep on writing about this and i think I can help you turn it into a manga. Just need some time, the right japanese friends and enough knowledge to grasp tthi

Welcome to another short version of Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings!

Casualties lower than anticipated. Both combatants emerged injured, yet alive. Lady Lala of the Sanada Clan can proclaim victory, though. Diplomatic relations are somewhat tense but not hostile, mainly due to growing mutual concern and understanding.

It was good fight.

If Aozora had been killed, I would have accepted that fate. But she was not, so she remains alive. The Supreme Overlady of All Reality is currently recovering. Thankfully we have decent medical technology for our important people and magic also helps (specifically in this case, as a lot of Aozora's injury comes from overextending on her use of such).

So yeah that's about it actually. I'd do more but I can't think of much and I've already got a giant all of text to write tonight.

that is good news to hear that Aozora has survived I was hoping for that since she still owes me that 10 dollars.

Ehh... its against my rmb promise... but here take some of my advanced medical tech, a wonder pill. Take one a day drinking it with your favourite drink ONLY. You will be like new within 2 weeks. Get well soon aozora

Kyoki Chudoku:
Welcome to another short version of Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings!

Casualties lower than anticipated. Both combatants emerged injured, yet alive. Lady Lala of the Sanada Clan can proclaim victory, though. Diplomatic relations are somewhat tense but not hostile, mainly due to growing mutual concern and understanding.

It was good fight.

If Aozora had been killed, I would have accepted that fate. But she was not, so she remains alive. The Supreme Overlady of All Reality is currently recovering. Thankfully we have decent medical technology for our important people and magic also helps (specifically in this case, as a lot of Aozora's injury comes from overextending on her use of such).

So yeah that's about it actually. I'd do more but I can't think of much and I've already got a giant all of text to write tonight.
Is there anything going to be happen on Sagiri?

Moristia: Well of course I can't leave that particular plot unresolved.

Malayan Singapuran: Your support is appreciated, although our personnel and equipment is sufficient to treat the injury.

Necerierra: Sagiri shall remain for now.

Welcome to another edition of Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings!

Today's topic: RPing as if you have knowledge you actually don't.

Well that's a bit of a mouthful but I can't think of a better way to describe it and I'm about to explain it anyway. There's a couple of variations of it I'll cover as well.

The most common type is, in my opinion, technological. Basically trying to show how something works despite not actually knowing. Good examples of this are energy weapons (usually from FT), military hardware, and so on. Now this kind of...I need a better name for this, but basically it's kind of necessary to RP. Sure, you may not completely know how an actual laser beam would work, but in most settings where this shows up, that's not really a major issue.

The second type I'll mention is organisational. Think about how your country works. Do you actually know how a nation is run? Fully? What about all of the things that are often overlooked? One example here is military logistics. We often measure militaries in terms of soldiers and tanks but there has to be some system of supplying them all or else you're going to have a bunch of starving, unarmed soldiers and some tanks that can't do a thing because they're out of fuel.

Most people will skip over that sort of thing. It's not exactly exciting, after all. But it means we end up acting as if we understood military organisation when we really don't. And that's fine, as long as it's interesting and not completely ridiculous. It's the third type that we have the most issues with, honestly.

This final variety is what I'll call personal. This is where you have a character who is supposed to know something except you don't know that thing but have to portray them as if they did. I kind of find myself in this situation right now. Basically Aozora has gained access to dark secrets but I'm not completely certain on exactly what they are, beyond a few details. So I basically end up being very vague about it and her reaction to it all until I can get enough information on it to create an accurate one.

Anyway this is what happens when I'm tired and write the first thing I think of so yeah I hope you enjoyed this.

Indeed, i think i'm on of the rare people who actually has a seperate army branch for logistics and supply stuff.

I think another example of this type of RPing is military strategy, people often just say they attack people but don't say how? Strategy is important or you're gonna have ww1 all over again, just straight up running into the enemy defences, people often forget that.

Friently: Honestly I myself forget such considerations. I do consider strategy though, or at least try to when I can. The downside being that by the time I can think of a good one and write it out half the war is over.

Welcome back to Kyoki Chudoku's Totally Sensible Random Ramblings! On today's edition, we will discuss (well I'll talk and you'll read- wait you can reply never mind guess it counts as a discussion): manipulation of alliances!

As people on the RMB are no doubt aware, we recently had an attempt by one nation to pit N8TO (giant democratic and monarch alliance) against the Warsaw Pact (giant dictatorship alliance). Their plan to was convince the WP that the nation and its allies would support us (I say us because I'm in WP), and then say the same thing to N8TO. Then...I don't know, either they supported our enemies or they just forced us both to fight and picked away at what was left like a vulture.

The thing is, though, that the plan got revealed publicly by N8TO before it was complete. Naturally, we of the Warsaw Pact didn't take too kindly to being targeted behind our backs. Not that we really trusted the nation in the first place, honestly. But anyway, conflict ensued. An incredibly one-sided war (two alliances vs one nation because all its allies saw the incoming tsunami of invaders and went "nope") which I completely missed because I was asleep. Australian time zones...

Anyway, basically the plan was a complete failure.

And so I'm here to discuss why such manipulation fails. There are a few reasons that I suspect contributed.

Reputation is an essential aspect of this. If you have a reputation as a trustworthy power, people are more likely to believe you. Similarly, if you have a reputation as a powermonger, people may not be quick to trust your judgment with any risky strategies you may propose.

Another factor is just whether the plan is a good one. The plan I mentioned above, if it had worked, could have greatly altered the balance of power. However, neither major alliance was really willing to trust the nation behind it over the other major alliance. If you propose an excellent scheme, you're more likely to convince people than if your plan is just stupid. Although, a large part of this may be how much you can persuade people an awful plan is really a brilliant masterpiece.

And finally, we have to consider another thing. The risk of discovery. If your brilliant plan is discovered, well, it good luck getting out of that situation. Some things are easy to recover from. You planned to betray your alliance with Irrelevantstan who hasn't been online for two weeks, oh what tragedy. But others are harder to escape. Like, say, trying to get two major alliances to fight each other and lying about which side you're to do so.

Well anyway, that's my random ramble on this sort of thing. I don't do it much myself, admittedly, because I prefer to be loyal to a stable foundation than a manipulator who nobody trusts.

i am only 52 million people but I am very close to your military budget. How is this possible, and also why is strombolia's military budget is next to none. So does larger budget = more strength ? I need to know so that when I can eventually re-exist in the RMB, I can have a fighting chance to reclaim my lands.

Back