Trillium Compact

As the votes came in, Katrín kept a running tally until all present Representatives had voted. She had already made a note that the votes from the delegations of Ceretis and Xentherida would be an abstention as they had either dropped out of the video conference or had not shown up in the first place. As the Ilian delegation cast their vote, Katrín made a note of the result and tallied up the total count before turning her microphone back on to speak. "With the final vote being cast, the Republic of Callise is hereby admitted to the Trillium Compact with a vote of 4 Yay, 0 Nay and 3 Abstain. Further, the State of Iraelia is hereby elevated to the status of Full Member with a vote of 4 Yay, 0 Nay and 3 Abstain. Thank you all for attending and staying around through this unorthodox method of hosting a debate, discussion and vote. Have a good night." As the video conference ended, Katrín leaned back in her chair and stretched as her back was starting to cramp from sitting at the computer for a few hours without a break. After shutting down her computer, she headed to her bedroom and went to sleep while thinking of her daughters first day of school.

To: The Office of Katrín Oliveira
From: The Office of Marc Levett, Director of Foreign Relations for Callise

The Dupont Directorate, with the advice and consent of the General Court, hereby appoints Lucas Baschet as the Republic of Callise's official representative to the Trillium Compact.

Last edited:
Elihai ben Itai cleared his throat.
"On behalf of the State of Iraelia? Thank you for the honour of this elevation. We value our commitment to the TC and we're eager to work closer with our allies."

He opened up a file securely sent by the government, titled TC PRIORITY-1.
"Raise the agreed upon FA protocol for TC-1 at next TC meeting."

It had been a few weeks since the discussion on the Republic of Callise and the State of Iraelia and in that time, the two nations and their representatives had gotten settled with the various statutes of the Trillium Compact charter and working with the other full and associate members in integrating them in their nations.

Katrín was reading through her emails and saw two new requests sent to her by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, one dealt with the Monarchy of Guslantis while the other dealt with the Democratic Districts of Midir, both of whom were seeking to join as Associate Member to the Trillium Compact. After reading the dossier forwarded to her, she wrote up an email that was then sent out to all of the Representatives of the Trillium Compact.

To the Esteemed Representatives of the Trillium Compact,

Once more we have fellow governments of Eras seeking the admittance of their nations to this alliance, in this particular instance they are seeking to join as Associate Members. The Merilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has notified me that the governments of Guslantis and Midir have sent dossiers containing a short summary of their nation. In my view, both nations would give the Trillium Compact a foothold on Meterra and Kian and bring even further economic benefits to this alliance and its members. Below I have attached the dossiers for your consideration.

The Monarchy of Guslantis is ruled by King Marcus and Chancellor Dame Alicia Durand as a constitutional monarchy. The nation is diverse in both landscape and people, and manages that diversity very well. A lot of Guslant money comes from corporations, one being the technology giant, Thomas. Both Thomas and Guslantis have not lost their roots, as they made a joint aid fund for the purposes of helping others.

The Democratic Districts of Midir is ruled by Preston Milton. It is an expansive country in the northeastern portion of Kian with a highly industrialized economy. The Midranean people are proud, strong, welcoming, and friendly. The Government of Midir has put a large focus on its naval power because of its geographical location. Over time this has allowed the nation to acquire the surrounding islands which has given Midir a large amount of physical diversity, from sweeping mountains, to glimmering lakes, to sandy beaches, to the volcano on Lili'uokalani. While the Government of Midir does invest a large amount into its national defense, the government has tried to avoid war as much as possible without jeopardizing its allies, economic security, and/or its national defense. That being said, the Midranean nation has been open and willing to trade with most nations and would gladly ally with any nation that furthers its national interests.

I look forward to hearing back from you and the forthcoming discussion on the potential admittance of the Monarchy of Guslantis and the Democratic Districts of Midir to the Trillium Compact.

Regards,
Representative Oliveira of the
Most Serene Kingdom of Merilia

Jasmine stumbled forwards, stray branches strewn over her shoulders and a hair full of leaves. How long had she been gone? She last remembered leaving the TCHQ to get something from her car before getting lost and then... something about a campfire? She could somewhat recall a series of strange events - a family of deer sat beside her as she toasted s'mores and loudly sang Kumbayah while swigging from a large flask of Merillian mead. Had that happened?

Up ahead, she could see the dim lights of the HQ, the shine of the building growing as she walked out from the forest. She had been lost for so long. Had the other ambassadors known she'd been missing? Had they sent out their own search party? Maybe they'd at least find the marshmallows she'd left at the campfire.

She staggered forwards into the building, shrugging off the receptionist who stared at her, concerned at her state. Jasmine would clear off later - she had more important matters to attend to, like actually clearing her name off the missing person's list. As if they had even registered it in the first place, with all the representatives being constantly drugged out of their minds to even be productive.

As she hobbled into the main chamber, the other ambassadors stared down at her with a mix of shock and confusion on their faces - more observant ones noticed the entire forest that appeared to be inhabiting her hair bun, or the dirt caked under her eyes.

"Present." Jasmine said, as she floundered up and practically collapsed into her chair. "So what's been happening since I've been gone?"

Last edited:
The Representatives were gathered in the Council Chamber getting ready to debate the admission requests made by the Monarchy of Guslantis and the Democratic Districts of Midir. Katrín noticed that the Xentheridan representative, Jasmine Lindroth, was still not present. She shook her head in resignation, knowing the women was prone to her random adventures in the woods surrounding the headquarters and that she'd eventually turn up. As she was about to start the day's agenda, Ms. Lindroth stumbled into the chamber, caked in leaves and mud. Katrín sighed with a little laugh, "well now that we are all here, albeit in need of a good shower after yet another romp through the woods, we can begin. I'll leave the floor open to whoever wishes to start."

Lucas Baschet stood to speak.

"On the issue of admitting Guslantis, Callise has no qualms. The nation would make a fine addition to our ranks, and their technological breakthroughs could benefit every member of this alliance."

He suddenly changed his tone to a much darker one.

"However, when it comes to Midir, Callise is of the opinion that their admittance is a non possibility. When we founded this alliance, we did so on the grounds of collective self defense and, to a reasonable degree, international neutrality. Now, we haven't always followed this precedent, Iraelia, Xentherida, and the Vestrugat are evidence enough of that, but I still think Midir's foreign entanglements pose a unique threat to the nation. As a member of the Kian Union, Midir has to abide by the following article:"

The Kian Union Treaty:
ARTICLE 5
The Parties agree that an attack against one or more of them in Kian shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defense, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the Kian continent area.
Any such armed attack and all measures taken as a result thereof shall immediately be reported to the Council. Such measures shall be terminated when the Council has taken the measures necessary to restore and maintain international peace and security.

"Recall that a fellow member of the Kian Union is the Kingdom of McMasterdonia. I'm sure all of us have been following their civil war quite closely, and know of the nation of Sutherland. The fledgling nation has seceded from McMasterdonia without approval, and tensions are incredibly high between the two nations. If war were to break out between them, Midir would be pledged to their defense. And if Midir faced significant threats from this new nation? Each of us would be legally obligated to defend the DDM. Callise has no interest in fighting in any of these Kianese conflicts, and so the prospect of their admission as a full or associate member is out of the question."

Lucas Baschet cleared his throat before cotinuing.

"We could be amendable to admitting them as an Observer member... If it weren't for the following piece of information. Midir has engaged in active arm sales to their neighbors, including discussions of, but granted no actual sale, sending weaponry to Ninhundland. Now, in the eyes of Callise, profiting off of war and misery is an inherently immoral act, and arming your neighbors is an incredibly irresponsible thing for any nation to do. Because we do not trust the integrity of Midir, we cannot and must not allow them into this alliance."

Last edited:
The Callisean representative's reasoning struck a nerve with Amanda given the history behind Sil Dorsett's own admission to the compact. She felt obligated to respond, even if she didn't want to defend Midir's entry, but to defend her nation's own.

"Monsieur Baschet, I will point out how hypocritical your first argument would appear if the compact adopted that as the reasoning we deny Midir's entry. That is because my nation's admission fell in the same category of a possible conflict between alliance obligations, as we were members of the Phoenix Union at the time our entry was considered and voted upon. And just as you may be worried that a conflict between Sutherland and McMasterdonia would drag Midir into the conflict per Kian Union by-laws, the same could have been said about a conflict between Cogoria and perhaps Syrixia or any other Phoenix Union nation which would have dragged Sil Dorsett in as well. But alas, here I am standing in this room with you.

"And for your second argument concerning the proliferation of weapons, it's a concern of ours as well, as it appears to be the primary industry of the nation, as far as publicly posted agreements go. However, I should point out that Xentherida is also a vendor of military hardware, and so again your reasoning would disqualify current members. There's no precedent for your objections."

"I have several responses to my friend from Sil Dorsett..."

"Firstly, Callise was not able to vote for the entrance of either Sil Dorsett or Xentherida's entrance. That's not to say we wouldn't vote in favor of either of them, in fact Callise has favorable opinions on both of these nations. But the entangling alliances and arm sales Midir has made are uniquely detrimental."

"Let's start with the issue of entangling alliances. Now, while we do concede that Sil Dorsett's presence in the PU does contradict our previous argument, the situation was not at all comparable. Syrixia did not have a military altercation with Cogoria, nor has it for decades. The fears and risks were absolutely minimal, so the admission of Sil Dorsett was not a liability. Same for the PGU member states among our ranks. Gothis is one of the most peaceful continents on Eras, and Gotic nations are some of the most peaceful on Eras. The admission of Xentherida was not a liability because Xentherida was not involved in any major conflicts at the time. We can't say these things about Midir. The conflict between Sutherland and McMasterdonia is going to erupt into full blown conflict any day now. It's not a matter of 'if' it's a matter of 'when'. And when that day comes, none of us want to be involved."

"And now we arrive to the issue of arms sales. While we do concede that Xentherida's issues with arm sales have been troubling, they aren't nearly as destructive as Midir's. Their sales began in 2017 and none of their partners used weaponry to spark conflicts around the globe. In fact, to our knowledge Xentherida has yet to sell arms since then. Midir, on the other hand, sold weapons to the Crowned Republic of Highton, who's weaponry was found several days ago being used by rebels in the Civil War occurring in Kardonyszlav. Midir's actions have earned them the nickname, merchant of death. We know they were ignorant of Highton's status as a promoter of conflict, but regardless their planes and aircraft carrier have strengthened a military that is now claiming the lives of thousands of innocents in the nation of Kardonyszlav. I needn't hesitate to remind you of our Charter, gentleman:"

Charter of the Trillium Compact:
Article III [Mutual Defense Clause]
(1) While the Members of the Trillium Compact have come to the agreement that war is not an acceptable policy for the resolution of international disputes...

"We as a body have committed to nonviolence as much as we possibly can, and the actions of the Midranean government have indirectly harmed the accomplishment of such a goal."

"That being said, Callise is amicable to revised terms. We recognize the benefits Midir could pose to our alliance, and so we would like to formerly propose that Midir be admitted as an Observer Member with participation in whatever initiative they choose, on the sole provision that they immediately halt their arms sales program. This avoids the issue with entangling alliances and allows the Trillium Compact to be a force for good that brings about the end of the global arms trade. We are of the opinion that such a proposal should be voted on simultaneously to ensure the efficiency of these meetings. With that, we yield to the floor."

Last edited:
Haevar Aldricsen spoke next. "Gustlantis has had an interesting last couple of years. A violent coup three years ago that was, thankfully, put down by the legitimate government. And while many things have changed in the last three years, the unification of the Vestrugat for example, it still leaves me pondering what kind of issues still linger. I do believe that the Guslants would be a great addition to this alliance, but I urge all to not gloss over their circumstances.

"I will say, however, I support Guslantis acceptance into this Compact, though preferably as an associate member first."

Haever then cleared his throat. "I'm gonna have to be blunt," he said. "The Federation cannot accept Midir's application at all, due to their recognition of the state of Sutherland. Now I know that a number of Trillium members have already made their own recognitions, an act that my government would have advised against, but they are not in the south. They do not understand southern politics as we do. While the Sutherlanders have every right to self determination, their secession from McMasterdonia threatens to flare up a new conflict. And if we allow Midir to join the compact, I feel that it will look, to the McMasterdonians, like we have picked a side. And that we now have them surrounded, doubly so if Gustlantis is accepted.

"So, I'm sorry, but in the interest of southern stability, and continued friendship with the Kingdom of McMasterdonia, we will vote nay on Midrian entry."

Itai nodded.
"I have to agree with Ambassador Aldricsen" he replied.
"The McMasterdonian conflict makes Midir's ascension to this compact difficult. That being said, Goyanes has been a champion of Sutherland's sovereignty and they are an observer member of the TCU. I feel that this is the best course of action regarding the Democratic Districts of Midir until such time as the Sutherland/McMasterdonian situation is properly resolved."

He took a sip of water before continuing.
"We also agree with the Vestrugat Federation delegation's suggestion that Gustlantis be admitted as an associate member state."

Katrín sighed and reached for her cup of tea. The logic being put forward was starting to give her a headache with how twisted and far-reaching it was in order to condemn the Government of Midir for actions that were wholly out of its control. Taking a sip of her tea, she thought to herself on how the news had broken that the Government of Midir had sold military tech to the Government of Highton which in turn had ended up in the hands of so called terrorists. There was absolutely no way for the Midraneans to know where those weapons would end up or that they would end up in the hands of someone other than the Armed Forces of Highton. Was it right to condemn Midir? Absolutely, but ultimately it would be a futile gesture as a nation and its diplomatic corps would end up having to condemn and argue against every single nation that had sold military tech, be it weaponry, planes, tanks, or something else that had the potential of ending up in enemy hands. And hell, she remembered that some of the founding members of the Trillium Compact outside of Merilia dealt in the sale of military technology. As her mind wandered, Katrín took another sip of her tea and thought about how there would be consequences for the Midranean weapons ending up in the wrongs hands but such was life, the bad was always going to come alongside what many could view as good intentions at the time. Yes, civilians had died alongside soldiers but such was the cost of war in a world that seemed plagued by near constant warfare and strife. Looking down, Katrín noticed she had finished off her cup of tea and lost her train of thought as she stared at her empty tea cup and wondered when she had run out of tea. She motioned for her assistant to steep another pot and bring her a fresh cup when it was ready. After conferring with her assistant, she leaned forward and turned on her microphone to address the Trillium High Council.

"After listening to the arguments put forward by my fellow representatives, I am not opposed to changing the admission request made by the Democratic Districts of Midir to that of an observer member instead of an associate member; I am however opposed to the conditions being proposed. Those of us among the Diplomatic Corps of the Most Serene Kingdom of Merilia hold self-determination and the right of a nation to define how it supports its economy as paramount, pending certain situations and circumstances. My government disagrees with who the Government of Midir has sold military tech to, but they are not going to actively go out of their way to damage the Kingdom's neutral foreign standing by siding with a proposal that tells the Government of Midir that they must shut down their sale of military tech as a prerequisite to join this Compact. Furthermore, I am not in favor of dangling the Initiative Programs as a carrot to entice the Democratic Districts of Midir to change their mind from being admitted as an associate member to being admitted as an observer member. They should instead be voted upon based on their merits and what they can bring to this Compact. All said, if the Democratic Districts of Midir do get admitted to the Trillium Compact, I am more than open and willing to letting them bring forward a proposal to myself explaining their reasoning and rationale for wanting to be a part of the Initiative Programs. Should such events unfold like that, that petition would then be brought before the rest of this High Council as it would require a majority approval to pass. Having said all that, I'll close by noting that my government has no issue with supporting the admission of the Monarchy of Guslantis as an associate member due to their technological prowess and being a close friend to the Most Serene Kingdom of Merilia."

As she finished speaking, Katrín turned off her microphone and leaned back in her chair. She noticed that her assistant had brought her a fresh cup of tea while she had been speaking. Picking up the fresh cup of tea, she surveyed the room to see how the other representatives would react to her statement and to see who would be the next to speak.

Last edited:
Lucas Baschet furrowed his brow, confused. The Merilian's statement was a gross perversion of his arguments, but nevertheless he continued the discussion.

"Pardon my questioning, but it was my understanding that membership in this body was a privilege, not a right. Midir has every right to self-determination, but if they want to be a part of a body dedicated to a certain ideal, they need to conform to those standards. Besides, I hardly think we are infringing on the concept of Midranean sovereignty by telling them to cease there arms trading, a program I doubt many Midranean citizens benefit from."

"On the issue of 'dangling' initiatives as a carrot, I further fail to see what the issue is. Midir is in violation of the intent of this organization, why not offer incentive to conform to our standards? If Midir wants to trade arms, it can remain outside of the TC. But so long as they want entrance, arms sales are a deal-breaker."

"All that being said, Callise is in favor of separating the votes for particular initiatives and the vote on Midir's admittance-as an observer-but only if they halt the arms sale. Any deal on Midranean admittance must include an ultimatum on the arms sales, otherwise Callise cannot vote in favor."

Sipping his Owhelan coffee, Gareth watched as Jasmine, the Xentheridan representative, apparently found her way back from the nature preserve that surrounded the HQ building. Mostly listening to the ongoing meeting, he distractedly took another bite from his croissant while watching the entertainment unfold before him. Bits of nature were being extracted from her hair and clothing, in a moment he was guessing they'd find a chipmunk. Out of nowhere her assistant, in a rather motherly way. pulled a wipe from somewhere and began cleaning off the dirt from her face. When Jasmine went to pull a little makeup kit out of her pocket to touch up, she instead found marshmallows and he just about spit out his coffee.

Having enjoyed a good laugh he turned his attention, almost, fully back to the meeting at hand. Midir's sales of weapons was of little concern to the Kingdom Republic as long as they weren't willfully or negligently selling those weapons to malevolent actors; of which as far as he'd been made aware there was no hard proof. Beside, it would seem a little hypocritical for his nation to decry guns. Nearly every Ceretian in this building is probably armed, hell, their guns probably have guns he thought as his own concealed holster was brought to mind.

Seeing Katrin sit back in her chair, he figured it was probably a good time to speak. "Mr Baschet, thank you for your passion on this matter. You are right that membership in the TC is not a right but a privilege. There are certain ideals we do seek to uphold, but there are also the rights of individuals and nations that must be taken into consideration. We can't let our desire for our ideals supersede those of a people's rights, individual or as a whole."

"I feel where you are coming from, the desire to make a change in the world. Taking what you see as a potential security threat, an arms dealing nation with potentially insufficient checks on those sales, and making them end those sales and end them now. Remember though that 4 out of 5 of the founding nations of the TC sell arms. IF its true that Midir was responsible for the sale of those weapons to the rebel forces, which has not been proven as of yet. We believe it would be prudent to not simply barter with a nation undertaking those actions and barter benefit for temporary cessation. Essentially telling them as long as you receive a particular benefit don't do what we don't want. Offering them a 'carrot' as it has been put in this discussion lasts only as long as they're hungry for a carrot. Instead, if this is the situation, let us change their mind and give them opportunity instead."

"Taking from them and others the ability to purchase arms to defend themselves goes against the right of defense. Using this organization to force change on a people's livelihood doesn't sit right. Instead let us build with them new trade paths, new options that allow them to not be dependent solely or heavily on the arms trade, thus lessening their need to make a sale to nations or people which they're unsure of intention, should that be the case. In the end, we should work toward a day, even if they no longer have the 'carrot' they'll choose the better path."

"Getting around to the point, generally we enjoy a rather close and long lasting bond with the Federation of the Vestrugat, particularly with our brothers in Esplandia. Just as they rely on our input regarding the north, we regard their input of the south with great importance."

"With Midir's current political can of worms regarding McM, the Kian Union entanglement concerns, and the prior mentioned arms concerns among others. It strikes me as unacceptable to endorse associate membership at this time. We are further strongly inclined to follow suit with the suggestion of representative Aldricsen in not accepting the application altogether. However, the rep from the State of Iraelia as well makes a fair point. Observer status does not entangle our interests and has been offered before and previously used to create a 'first step' toward a more, aligned future. If other members are so amenable to the idea, we would consider supporting an offer of observer status and potentially probationary initiative status as we work to untangle the political knots involved in the Midiran application."

"Guslantis... we do have to be mindful of their recent national stability issue. In spite of that, their progress toward repairing the unity of their nation seems on track at this time. Currently we have had good relations with their people, and there seems not much in concern on our part to recommend against their admittance. Furthermore as mentioned, their technological innovation would be an asset to the member nations."

Katrín stared into her tea cup, wishing that she had asked her assistant to bring her something significantly stronger. Downing the rest of her tea before sending her assistant off to get her more alongside a bottle of mead, she turned her microphone back on to respond.

"Yes, admission to the Trillium Compact is a privilege and not a right as Representative Kol pointed out. That is not nor has it ever been in question. Need I remind you that some members here in this organization deal in the sale of military arms. Yet you want to claim that nations that sell military arms do not conform to our standards and thus should not be allowed into this organization. The sheer hypocrisy astounds me that you would judge the Midraneans harshly for the sale of military arms while turning a blind eye to the members of this organization that do the same. Truly though, to once again address your stance on issuing an ultimatum to the Government of Midir about them stopping the sale of military arms in return for the possibility of joining this organization, I will not support any such proposal as it creates a double standard of saying that this organization accepts such practice from some nations but not others. Now don't me wrong, I am open and amenable to the discussion of having the Midraneans shut down their military arms sale at a later date should they gain admittance to the Trillium Compact. The difference being that at that point we can utilize the full resources of the Trillium Compact to show a better way forward and one that doesn't always have to rely on the sale of military arms. Quite frankly, if we ever do get to that point I'd support the notion but as it stands now I will not abide by what will create a double standard on admission requirements to this organization."

As she finished speaking, her assistant brought her a fresh cup of tea and a glass of mead and set both on the table in front of her. She debated for a few seconds on which to drink first and settled on the mead.

Last edited:
"I beg your pardon, Representative Kol, but I believe Xentherida is the only nation among the founders of the Trillium Compact that had an arms sales program. And even then, Xentherida did nothing to destabilize the globe. They did not arm any dangerous nations."

"But regardless, I grow weary of this whataboutism. We are here to discuss the entrance of Midir into the Trillium Compact, not to reconsider Xentherida for actions that weren't nearly as harmful as Midir's. All the above being said, I believe all of use here appear to be stuck in our ways and beliefs, and that debate will no longer be productive."

Baschet turned to Katrín, "And since no one seems to be amicable to my proposal to issue an ultimatum, I would like to move for a vote on the admission of Guslantis as an Associate Member and Midir as an Observing Member, no strings attached."

Leaning back in her chair, Katrín conversed with her assistant to draw up and hand out cards to each representative so they could vote on the matters at hand now that they had two motions to vote. With the cards created and handed out, she spoke,

"I recognize the motion to vote from Representative Baschet of Callise and Representative Itai of Iraelia. Voting is hereby open on the admission requests for the Monarchy of Guslantis to join as an Associate Member and the Democratic Districts of Midir to join as an Observer Member."

Admit Guslantis as an Associate Member: < YAY > | < NAY > | < ABSTAIN >

Admit Midir as an Observer Member: < YAY > | < NAY > | < ABSTAIN >

(OOC Note: Per the Trillium Compact Charter, this vote shall end on 10 April 2019 at 11:59 PM PDT. Should all members vote before that day, the vote shall close.)

Admit Guslantis as an Associate Member: < YAY >

Admit Midir as an Observer Member: < YAY >

Last edited:

Unwilling to allow such a sudden change to the motions go unanswered, Amanda decided to let loose a few choice words before registering the principality's vote.

"Given that the original motion regarding the membership of Midir was for associate membership, I find it less than ideal to allow such a sudden change in the motion prior to voting. If anything, I believe we should have voted on both their associate membership and their observer membership, with the highest passing membership having precedence. Nevertheless, I will register our vote in accordance to what has been put to vote, but I do believe that should Midir's observer membership pass, its associate membership should also be considered before we adjourn."

Admit Midir as an Observer Member: < Abstain >

The votes were tallied and once the results were finalized, Katrín addressed the High Council. "With a vote of 7 Yay, 0 Nay, and 1 Abstain, the Monarchy of Guslantis is hereby admitted to the Trillium Compact as an Associate Member. Furthermore, with a vote of 3 Yay, 3 Nay, and 2 Abstain, the Democratic Districts of Midir fails to meet the threshold of fifty percent plus one in favor and is not admitted to the Trillium Compact as an Observer Member. Unless there are further comments, concerns, or questions I bring this discussion to a close."

BcLlA77.png

Statement from the Governor of Aeaea

Today is a day of celebration for the people of Guslantis. For years we’ve been in the stronghold that is the Meterra Economic Treaty Association. Last year, we joined the halls of the Commonwealth and now represent it as the organization’s Secretary-General. Now, we take one step further as we officially join the Trillium Compact.

Despite our earlier request to opt-out of the mutual defense clause, the Guslant leadership would like to take advantage of both this clause and the Rapid Deployment Group.

It is at this time I officially appoint Ambassador Derrick Winslow to serve as representative to the Compact, though if you need to reach someone on Guslant soil, I will be happy to assist in any matter.

Yours truly,

Ryo Koizumi
Governor of Aeaea

Storyline continued from the Astissa Accord Conference

Gareth had been in his office at the Trillium HQ all morning working on various small issues here and there that needed looking into. Some were related to trade, others were requests for humanitarian missions from yet more godforsaken wars, and then someone even managed to send a shipment of humanitarian supplies accidentally to the RAC base rather than to Merillia.

Leaning back in his chair and running his hands through his hair he let out a slight sigh of frustration. The silence of his office was broken by an audible notification from his State Department Comms unit. <<PRIORITY ONE MESSAGE COMING IN ON A SECURE CHANNEL>> "Fuck, that's not good." With the press of a button, the windows in his office flicked to opaque. He began to read 'Gareth, wondered if you might review this little gem for compliance with the Trillium Compact's rules and regulations. - Norm'

Well whatever it is it was worth sending on priority, he'd better get into this. After a few minutes, the scope of the problem became apparent. 'Oh, I see.' With the push of a button the phone was ringing, no dice. With the push of a second button the phone rang again. "This is the Merilian Foreign Service, how may I direct your call?" "Katrín Oliveira, please, this is Gareth Kol of the Kingdom Republic of Ceretis with a priority call." "Yes sir, one moment." Several soft clicks could be heard over the phone as the transfers were made. Within a few moments, Katrin appeared on Gareth's screen. "I think we might have a problem, I'm sending you a file I received from the Astissa conference up in Norsia."

Last edited:
Answering her phone, Katrín saw the image of Representative Kol, the Ceretian representative to the Trillium Compact, come up on the video screen. "Well this is certainly a surprise, it's not often that the Merilian Foreign Services forwards me a priority call, and an urgent one at that." Listening as Gareth explained the problem and why he had called, Katrín pulled up the relevant file that had been sent in an email and began to read it over. Most of it seemed well intentioned with some glaring flaws that could easily be fixed through further negotiation. However, it wasn't until she got towards the end of the document that her concerns, and those of the Ceretian representatives, Gareth and Norm, were realized. Written into the last section of the charter was one little section that would be a problem if passed, that line being 'Member-States of the Association of Economic Communities on Craviter recognize the superiority of the Astissa Accords over all other economic agreements, and pledge to withdraw from any arrangement conflicting with this treaty.' Sighing to herself, she muttered under her breath, 'fábjáni, þetta ætlar að flækja viðskipti'. "Well I can certainly see why you brought this to my attention. A number of Compact members on Craviter would be affected were they to sign this accord as we run our own economic agreement through the Trillium Compact Initiatives. Even still, I do not understand how such a statement could be overlooked by so many nations without any of their representatives realizing the potential harm and fallout. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I'll be sure to make a note of it and to bring it up for debate and discussion with the other High Council Representatives should this Astissa Accord indeed pass muster."

Itai leaned into his mic.
"It's with a heavy heart that I move to deploy the TC's collective military capabilities to the Vestrugat to aid the government of Irwin IV in securing the legitimate government's control over the country."

"I third the motion," Jasmine said. "It is critical, especially in these early times, that we move to make the first strikes in support of Irwin."

Katrín had been following the events as they unfolded in the Vestrugat and was saddened to hear of the loss of Emperor Sherwin. The Federal Council had been holding emergency sessions to discuss the situation and she had received orders to stay at the headquarters of the Trillium Compact instead of flying home in the event that the alliance was called upon to act, though she knew the Merilian authorities would never let the nation be dragged into a war. As she relaxed in her office and enjoyed a cup of coffee, her aide knocked on her door to inform her that the Iraelian representative had called for a motion to activate the alliance's military forces in support of Irwin. With a heavy sigh, she finished off the last of her coffee and walked with her aide to the main debate chamber, arriving just in time to hear the Callisean and Xentheridan representatives second and third the motion. As she entered the chamber, she stood by her desk and addressed the gathered representatives, "as this motion has already been given the support of three representatives here, I suggest we move to a vote... however, before we do so I would like to place Representative Elihai ben Itai of Iraelia in charge of coordinating any and all efforts of this alliances Rapid Deployment Group and how they respond to the situation in the Vestrugat. As the ones to bring the motion to this esteemed council, it is only right that they act as the centralized point of contact. With that said, I open the floor now to vote on the motion of utilizing the Trillium Compact and its Rapid Deployment Group in support of Irwin of the Vestrugat."

Deploy Trillium Compact Forces in the Vestrugat: < YAY > | < NAY > | < ABSTAIN >

(Note: This vote shall end on 3 April 2020 at 11:59 PM PST. Should all members vote before then, the vote shall close.)

Amanda was a mess as she took her seat in the chamber. Being the face of the principality in the compact was hard enough. Expressing sympathies to a nation and a family to which her senior princess publicly and angrily condemned Sherwin's ascension to Raektdev was a nigh impossible task. With little guidance from home, she had little choice to stick to platitudes and formulaic responses.

"The principality expresses its condolences to the family of Raektdev Sherwin and to the people he united and governed, and we condemn to the highest degree the perpetrators of this cretinous act.

"That being said, though, with information regarding the narrative of events being incomplete, we are not prepared to go beyond our obligations as an associate member to commit what would ultimately be a token force consisting of our sons and daughters to a conflict in which they themselves have no vested interest, at least for the time being and based on what we know. Therefore, we will not be sending combat troops as part of any Self Defense Group activities, but we see no issue with participation in any humanitarian aid efforts should they be necessary."

Deploy Trillium Compact Forces in the Vestrugat: < YAY >

Last edited:
Back