(Not a spamgame) TNP Game Days

In Europeia, on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, they usually have a Game Night. On Game Night, a scheduled game is played, open to everyone (although, it is only advertised on their Discord.) The game played is always free and easily accessible, and ends up being fun for everybody.

I'm curious to see if there is interest in something similar happening here in TNP. Post here to discuss the idea, and if you are interested in seeing it happening (it doesn't necessarily have to be on the same days, etc.) If you would be interested in helping out to have such a thing become a thing, you can also say so here (it's done by one person in Europeia, but I would probably forget the scheduled times. :lol: )

I'd recommend Guns of Icarus as a fun teambuilding game, it's fantastic for cooperative play and it's something that a fair few people had when it was popular last year. Albion had its own airship fleet, and Alexandria's airship fleet is one of its primary staples.

Ok. I usually play weekends. But I'm not on Discord :(
I'm pc gamer (on steam) and my time zone is UTC+1
Let's play :yes:

This does sound like a brilliant idea. I'm not sure which ministry this would come under, or whether it would be organized and run individually. Perhaps Culture could do something like this?

Kasch:
This does sound like a brilliant idea. I'm not sure which ministry this would come under, or whether it would be organized and run individually. Perhaps Culture could do something like this?
Definitely culture. Figured it could be unofficial, but if the government wants to do it themselves, that works.

Ok. I usually play weekends. But I'm not on Discord :(
I'm pc gamer (on steam) and my time zone is UTC+1
Let's play :yes:

It wouldn't be played at random times. There would be a set time when a game would be played.

Kasch:
Does it need to be government ran? We cannot expect the government to do every small thing in TNP. This is an out of character thing and therefore, the government shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Lord Ravenclaw:
I'd recommend Guns of Icarus as a fun teambuilding game, it's fantastic for cooperative play and it's something that a fair few people had when it was popular last year. Albion had its own airship fleet, and Alexandria's airship fleet is one of its primary staples.
If you don't have it though, 15$ for a game you would play every 2 weeks or so doesn't seem like a good idea. Since the games are supposed to be easily accessible, I don't think this would work.

Mystery Player:
Lord Ravenclaw:
If you don't have it though, 15$ for a game you would play every 2 weeks or so doesn't seem like a good idea. Since the games are supposed to be easily accessible, I don't think this would work.
Given the game is regularly on sale for $5, and is also 50% off until June 7th on Steam it is accessible to most people. It was a suggestion by me on something that has worked in the past for communities similar to TNP. I don't care one way or another what way you go about doing this.

At it's height, Alexandria, Albion and Spiritus played GoI and it was a lot of fun, while being competitive and without the added issues of NS related politics. Well over sixty players were involved between the three communities and hours of fun were had.

Back