The TWP-TNP Black & White Ball

"A couple." Paris shouted at Yuno. "Hey yuno! Think souls will mind if I steal you for the night?"

Waves politely, before just staring off into the void that is the world he lives in. He reflects on the deeper meaning of his life and how far away that meaning is from himself, perhaps an indication his soul is far away as well.

Paris walks over to Syrixia and extends a hand.
"Hi, I don't believe we've met"

I chuckle at Paris extending their hand

Syrixia is a giraffe, if he shakes your hand, I'll die. :P

"I think honestly, it would be easier to shake hands with a pony then such an animal." Prole stated, referring to his time as a very serious RPer, to the point that he worked with C.O.P.S. for cheap oil.

I look to Ambassador Halo and shrug.

Your guess is as good as mine, ambassador.

Well, I'll give him a minute or two, as I very much do not want to offend, but I also don't want to keep these good people waiting much longer.

Dining-Room-Chandelier.jpg

A chime sounds.

The guests make their to the dining room and are seated.

Paris tries to figure out how to sit gracefully while wearing lady stilts, before giving up and flopping down into her seat

Screen-Shot-2015-11-26-at-10.13.09-AM.png

s320x240

Once all the guests have been seated, I rise.

On behalf of The West Pacific, I welcome His Excellency, Foreign Minister, Bootsie, Cultural Minister Syrixia and all of the Delegates, Ministers, dignitaries and guests to our embassy in The North Pacific for our Black and White Ball.
The winter can be long and drab and I can think of no better way to brighten the season than to share a good meal, a little entertainment and the warmth of friendship. We are delighted that you have made time in your busy schedules to join us, and hope the memories of your evening here lift your spirits until the sun shines again in spring.

I raise my glass.

A warm welcome to our dear friends in The North Pacific!

He raises his glass, calmly seated, and then goes along with the toast. Quietly, he looks around and he thinks to himself, how much work it must have been to arrange this. His thoughts go to his family, how quietly his trip to them had been setup, how buzzed he was on the plane, how everything just worked out. His hazel eyes look around and he wonders if things might work here, before just letting go. Quietly, he drinks whatever is before him and grimaces, before drinking a little more.

"I see I am still a lightweight." He says, staring at his foot and waiting for the experience that is sobering up.

(IRL, Davelands doesn't have his login with him and he is out of the house ... he sends his apologies ... and Badger will return shortly and toast.)

I would like to thank my Ambassador, Halo for setting up this occasion for us all to get together and enjoy each others' company. Halo, brother, I truly appreciate your work!

To the ministers and Guardians of The West Pacific, you truly make each day I serve as Delegate a pleasure and an honor. It is such a privilege to work alongside such fine people.

Ladies, gentlemen and wild animals from The North Pacific. My goal in this soiree is to get a chance to know each other better and strengthen our bond as feeders. Let our regions know their greatest security, prosperity and growth and to continue serving as leaders in the NSverse. I cherish this opportunity to get to know the individuals of The North Pacific and develop lasting camaraderie and friendship.

Together we will achieve greatness!

Proust

Citizens of The West Pacific, Citizens of The North Pacific, and those who are lucky to be a Citizen of both:

My name is Bootsie, and it is my absolute honor to serve as The North Pacific's Minister of Foreign Affairs. When I look to at the Feeders, I see a plethora of government types, from the democracy to the empire, we represent just some of the many ideologies that make up our world.

Another thing I see is a sense of Pacifican pride in the work that has been accomplished in the many years of these five regions, especially in the regions of The West Pacific and The North Pacific.

Here is to our longstanding friendship, and to many years of cooperation between the Pacifics, but most importantly, the two regions gathered here today.

On behalf of the Regional Assembly, the government of The North Pacific, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, I am honored to toast to prosperity, good will, and future endeavors in foreign affairs between our regions.

Long Live The Pacifics!

As the toasts end, footmen begin to serve the dinner and a string quartet plays chamber music from the alcove.

Black and White Ball
February 4, 2016

Caramelized Pear & Goat Cheese Crostini
Sancerre, Cuvee Les Coutes, P&N Reverdy, 2006

Seared Scallops with Leek Confit & Balsamic Syrup
Vouvray, Le Mont Sec, Huet, 2006

French Onion Soup with Gruyere Crisp
Bourgogne Passetoutgrain, L Exception, Michel LaFarge, 2005

Seared Foie Gras with Blackberry Gelee
Vouvray Moulleux, Trie de Vendage, Champalou, 1997

Lobster Ravioli with Cognac Saffron Cream Sauce & Caviar
Savennieres, Trie Speciale, Baumard, 1995

Braised Short Ribs in a Port & Red Wine Reduction
Mashed Potatoes & Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa, Heitz, 1991

Frozen Coffee Walnut Meringue Cake with Caramel Sauce
Madeira, 10-Year-Old Malmsey, Blandys

3af2c0ee8ccc196bdfae97b92e0829a0.jpg

"Aww it's classical music. Not surprised but oh well."
Paris begins to eat, before placing the wine back on a servers plate and thanking him.

Ahhh.... Classical music, my favorite.

drinks wine and begins to eat

Prole behaves exactly as his namesake and not only is confused by the food served, but has not the slightest idea what it is. He can't figure out what it is, and has a deep feeling that it's not food, but some kind of other thing the rich eat. Quietly, he closes his eyes and prays for a few minutes, but it quickly becomes clear that he has prayed longer then people should at the table. His eyes open and he timidly tries to eat what is before him, but he finds himself just staring at it as he eats slowly. His eyes widen and he leans back, realizing that all of his favorite foods are incredibly simple, many of them actually unfit to serve to the middle class in some cases. His eyes turn over to the side and he thinks about all the expensive things he always wanted, but the last thing he ever wanted was complicated food. He finds himself rubbing his brows, the spices in whatever he is eating possibly giving him a headache, unless it was a long day.

"Who exactly is in charge of RP for our friends we are visiting?" He says, trying to relax.

Paris giggles lightly and smiles. "What types of music do you like Ambassador?"

Smiling and looking around at the great people in his company, I enjoy each carefully prepared course and the perfect wine pairing that accompanies each. I think to myself, "No spilling on my white shirt and tie."

His head tilts up and he sees some mashed potatoes, which he longingly stares at. His body slowly begins to face it, as he blinks several times, staring at substance that he could almost subsist entirely off of. The mind goes back to every single family gathering, every single good meal, which mashed potatoes was served. His heart quickens, thankful that such a food even exists.

In response to Paris ...

I really do enjoy all kinds of music. It depends upon my mood. During dinner, though, it should only be classical ... preferably chamber music.

How about you?

I sit beside Badger and dig into my food.

"Nice to meet you, Badger."

I look to Prole.

"Technically our citizens, but you could say Syrixia is as Minister of Culture..."

Paris leans back.
"I'm more of a rock girl, or dupstep, as contrasting as those are. Lately I've been listening to a lot of punk. Yeah yeah yeah, the clash, sex pistols, nirvana, all that great stuff"

Back